I was really excited for this patch...

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Hm?
First it was apparently data-mined (which was never supplied) and now it is suddenly Anet saying it?

It doesn’t really matter which “proof” people use unless they actually give links that PROVES what they are saying.

I don’t think there is any proof that she is involved, even then the horrible possibility still exists.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

So people are basically spamming every LS thread with hate about Scarlet, even if said living story have nothing at all to do with Scarlet?

Sounds like you people are quite obsessed about her.

if by saying “obsessed” you really mean “disappointed” – then yes.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No, I am saying obsessed because people apparently feel the need to spam about her in every single thread, even if the thing talked about might have nothing at all to do with her.
Just look at the pre-Blood and Madness release threads, Scarlet is spammed about in more or less every single one of them.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’d say with how many people hate scarlet that she’s doing a good job as a villain

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

No, I am saying obsessed because people apparently feel the need to spam about her in every single thread, even if the thing talked about might have nothing at all to do with her.
Just look at the pre-Blood and Madness release threads, Scarlet is spammed about in more or less every single one of them.

It is just extreme blood thirsty hatred, to say obession is an insult to us, too weak of a word!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I love how people seem to think that NC and the other hostile factions are above alliances, the Sinister Triad is kinda a big deal (NC, Inquest and Bandits), not to mention Bandits and mother kittening Centaurs have an alliance yet NO ONE has kittened about those 2 races who have completely hated the other and wanted mass genocide of the other for well over 250 years are in an alliance yet god forbid some of the dredge and flame legion teamed up…

Centaurs don’t actually want to destroy humanity, they just want to retake what they see as their land. Their policy and beliefs do not exclude them from making use of collaborators, and even promising the bandits that they’ll have a better place in a centaur-ruled Kryta than they have under Queen Jennah.

Basically, the centaur-human war is essentially a conventional war over territory between two nations, and belligerents in such conflicts are often eager to make use of collaborators whether they intend to make good on their promises should they achieve victory or not.

For the krait, it’s a matter of religious principle to Destroy All Land-Dwellers. There’s a significant difference there.

As for your claim about Scarlet doing a good job as a villain: This is twisting the reaction. She’s not an engaging villain (well, certainly not enough to be all we get force-fed with since Lost Shores, apart from holidays) – people don’t hate her because of the reprehensible things she does, people hate her as a symbol of how much the GW2 story has been jumping the shark.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shadowsong.4820

Shadowsong.4820

Proof that Scarlet is involved? How abour: It’s a LS patch.
What do you guys want to do? Wait for the release, so you can say: " Well apparently it was Scarlet all along and everyone knew it but me"
Better kitten about it know so we have time to play the content when the patch’s already out :p

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Centaurs don’t actually want to destroy humanity, they just want to retake what they see as their land. Their policy and beliefs do not exclude them from making use of collaborators, and even promising the bandits that they’ll have a better place in a centaur-ruled Kryta than they have under Queen Jennah.

Basically, the centaur-human war is essentially a conventional war over territory between two nations, and belligerents in such conflicts are often eager to make use of collaborators whether they intend to make good on their promises should they achieve victory or not.

I’m actually not so sure about that. Several centaur leaders (that is, Champions at the end of event chains) often talk about completely eradicating all traces of humans from Kryta. Their talk makes them sound like their leaders are out on a genocidal crusade, even if the rank and file might not necessarily agree, or simply want to keep humans around as slaves.

In any case, it’s pretty obvious that the centaurs are only tolerating the bandits, but won’t hesitate to turn on them the moment the bandits have outlived their usefulness. For their part, the bandits seem to think that either the centaurs won’t be capable of defeating Kryta (and thus there’s no harm in profiteering where they can), or that they can simply retreat to safe areas like Lion’s Arch if Kryta does fall.

On a related note, I actually doubt that Lion’s Arch WOULD let Kryta fall. Kryta is a major trading partner with Lion’s Arch, after all, while the centaurs, as far as we know, don’t do any trading with the other races. Lion’s Arch has much more to lose than gain if they were to remain neutral while Kryta fell to the centaur armies. I have little doubt that Lion’s Arch would come to Kryta’s aid if things got really dire for the humans.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Scarlet again? No thank you.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I’d say with how many people hate scarlet that she’s doing a good job as a villain

Hahaha xD Alas, there’s a biiiiig difference between hating a character for being a good villain, and hating a character’s writing, background, plot purpose and impact on the game.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Do you really think Anet would do a LS story without Scarlet while her story is still left hanging? The ONLY way this upcoming story has no Scarlet is if she’s not yet revealed to be the one pulling the kraits’ strings.

Anet is really stubborn. We’re likely stuck with Scarlet for a while.

in Tower of Nightmares

draxynnic.3719

I’m actually not so sure about that. Several centaur leaders (that is, Champions at the end of event chains) often talk about completely eradicating all traces of humans from Kryta. Their talk makes them sound like their leaders are out on a genocidal crusade, even if the rank and file might not necessarily agree, or simply want to keep humans around as slaves.

Those events I’d be inclined to regard as bluster – consider what’s happening at the end of those chains, it’s the equivalent of an English king swearing that he’s going to kill all the French just as he’s been surrounded by them and they’re cutting down his bodyguard one by one. It’s not going to happen, he’s just spitting defiance at the end. If the shoe was on the other foot, though, practicality would mean he’s more likely to bend the population to his will than try to murder All Of Them with all the associated diplomatic and military issues that would create – especially since, having used human slaves for who knows how long, the centaurs probably aren’t planning to give up the practise. It’s probably more likely that the centaurs are planning to set themselves up as the nobility over human serfs – in which case, ex-bandit collaborators could have the opportunity for a cushy position. At least, that’s what the centaurs think the motivation of the bandits are.

Either way, whatever their ultimate intentions, the centaurs know to at least generate the illusion that anyone they’re not currently fighting will not be on the proverbial chopping block – including collaborators on one hand, and Lion’s Arch on the other (“kill all humans” would necessarily include LA, which from the impression I get is still majority human).

From the perspective of the bandits (which was what I actually meant to quote, dangit) – it’s a mix of both. Some are simply profiteering, expecting that whatever happens they’re going to be better off having worked with the centaurs. However, something to keep in mind is that a lot of bandit activity is also related to the political forces within Kryta that are trying to pull a Palpatine – manufacture crises that make the current leader look bad so they get put in charge instead. Said forces are probably confident that once they stop sabotaging Kryta’s military, it’ll push back the centaurs handily.

So, essentially, the bandits are probably working with the centaurs because they’re pretty sure that Kryta will win in the end anyway, but the people pulling their strings want to make things bad enough that they can vote-of-no-confidence Queen Jennah. The centaurs accept that aid because they think that the bandits are doing it so they’ll be better off after a centaur victory. It all makes sense when you think about it.

Krait and Nightmare Court… not so much.

in Tower of Nightmares

Durzlla.6295

@drax you just said the exact reason why the krait would work with the nightmare court, the nightmare court are essentially the centaurs and the krait the humans, they’ll use them for a while, take their resources, and then butcher them all like animals when the prophet comes (or sooner) because I mean c’mon, they’re krait, they’re CLEARLY the superior race! How could another race even stand a chance against them especially once they’ve handed over their advantages so willingly?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Except centaurs are at least known to make alliances, and change strategies every now and again (For example in GW1, when tribe chiefs were talking about ending the war against each other and focusing on humans), while krait are simply (in their own mind) above such petty opportunism, and simply don’t believe other races even HAVE anything they could have use of, regardless of objectivity.

Judging from what ore of them we have, I’d lean towards opinion that even considering an alliance for mutual, or krait exclusive gain would be a blesphamy and a world shattering event for krait leadership.

The only way I would see krait being manipulated into cooperation is blatant mind control, corruption or deus ex machina.

(edited by zwierz.9012)

in Tower of Nightmares

Durzlla.6295

Except centaurs are at least known to make alliances, and change strategies every now and again (For example in GW1, when tribe chiefs were talking about ending the war against each other and focusing on humans), while krait are simply (in their own mind) above such petty opportunism, and simply don’t believe other races even HAVE anything they could have use of, regardless of objectivity.

Uh… Centaurs uniting tribes means nothing, Krait kinda united their entire species a long time ago…

And I like how so many of you seem to be glazing over the fact that krait, like centaur, take slaves, and put them to work, those towers aren’t gonna build themselves ya know!! Granted the life expectancy of a centaur Slaves is vastly superior to that of a krait slave in most cases, but totally besides the point

in Tower of Nightmares

zwierz.9012

I’m not glazing above the krait slaves, I just don’t think NC slaves would warrant a mention of “new allies”, that’s all.

Still, all in all, if the alliance is made without overwriting the lore, I’d be the first to say “Huzzah!” and consider the lore enriched. I simply fear that it will be done by going completely against krait worldview, by a deus ex machina, devil out of a box move.

Still, don’t get me wrong I am looking forward to the update, it is most promising indeed. I simply rather not get my hopes up too much.

in Tower of Nightmares

Durzlla.6295

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the Krait are in a real “alliance” I feel they’re either being mind controlled by the many mesmers the NC have, or scarlet arranged the alliance and essentially promised the arrival of the Krait profit and that the NC will help them build their tower (which is supposedly needed) and then would be used as sacrificial lambs for it, I just don’t know what else would work , but in sure there’s SOMETHING

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If Scarlet is involved, I think she may have convinced them that she can help the Krait bring their prophets into this world, but the Krait plan on using her as part of the sacrifices (obviously not telling her).

Would actually make for an interesting situation for the players. Let the Krait kill Scarlet and have the world facing an invasion from a vastly more dangerous enemy, or save her and have to deal with the bullkitten from the living stories involving her.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Tower of Nightmares

zwierz.9012

I’d take the Prophet and his minions any day.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Knowing Scarlet she has some weird backup plan, before the Krait would backstab her. Where she would leave both her adversaries gasping for air. However in the end she will get something out of it. My guess she is going after any artifact that would rivals the pacts anti-risen orb that was stolen from the Krait. This is only if she actually turn out she is involved.

You completely missed their joke, it is a WoW reference.

Well because I played WoW for about 2 weeks after launch and quit. Only kept up on certain major plot/lore aspects of it, because I was a big fan of their RTS version of Warcraft. Still hoping there will be a Warcraft 4 someday.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: roguenub.1409

roguenub.1409

I hope this update doesn’t include Scarlet. I do not want annoying content that makes me second guess playing. Dhuumslay this uninteresting character already.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So people are basically spamming every LS thread with hate about Scarlet, even if said living story have nothing at all to do with Scarlet?

Sounds like you people are quite obsessed about her.

How many living stories have not had something to do with scarlet?
How many times have they said all the stories will tie together after the “big reveal” they think they are building up to?
If it isn’t a holiday = Scarlet did it.

Even when it was a holiday thing (Dragon Bash) it still kinda had to do with her.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

If people really hate Scarlet so much, I say prove it. Go do the Scarlet Invasions, and actually go for wining the invasions and taking down Scarlet. If all you want to do at invasions is farm the aetherblades than that just shows you don’t care about Scarlet or you think she’s just fine.
So yea, I dare you. Do a Scarlet Invasion the way you are suppose to, and win it.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Or they just like loot more than they hate Scarlet.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Fallout – i hate scarlet so much I can’t suffer to submit myself to content that contains her unless it’s an absolute ( AP ) necessity.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Tower of Nightmares

draxynnic.3719

@Durzilla: The centaurs have largely been presented, pretty much, as just another race jockeying for position. There’s nothing about centaurs intrinsically that stops them from working with others – we see a centaur-Sunspear alliance in Nightfall, we’ve got a centaur that has taken refuge in Lion’s Arch, and it was a centaur that inscribed Ventari’s Tablet. History has dealt them a raw deal that is pushing them to invade, but with a slightly different history it could easily have been the centaurs who are a powerful nation in Kryta forming a peace treaty with Ascalon while the charr are still bashing their heads against the Wall… or pushed so far north that the Wall is purely a historical curiosity.

The Krait just want to destroy everyone. Yes, a proper handling of why the krait might break their rules, religion, and general mindset could be interesting… but what precedent is leading us to expect is “Scarlet waved her Villain Sue wand and suddenly they all kissed and made up” with no further development or explanation.

And then there’s the consideration that, in the Dream and Nightmare article, one of the things that lead to Cadeyrne forming the Nightmare Court was not being allowed to be ruthless in fighting the krait. The NC still ultimately want the sylvari to prosper and defeat their enemies, within which list the krait rate highly – the distinction is what methods they see as acceptable to achieve that aim. Allying with one of the greatest threats to the sylvari after the dragons themselves goes against their objectives.

If people really hate Scarlet so much, I say prove it. Go do the Scarlet Invasions, and actually go for wining the invasions and taking down Scarlet. If all you want to do at invasions is farm the aetherblades than that just shows you don’t care about Scarlet or you think she’s just fine.
So yea, I dare you. Do a Scarlet Invasion the way you are suppose to, and win it.

I have. She giggles and teleports away at the last second.

Nowadays, they’re pointless, because win or lose, you don’t achieve anything. And as has been said multiple times:

People don’t hate Scarlet because she’s a villain that needs to die. They hate Scarlet because the storylines involving her are wastes and corruptions of the deep lore and story that the Guild Wars universe had before her. A lot of people would probably be happy if she just disappeared and don’t care enough to kill her.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Yeah, I’ve gotten there quite a few times as well. She pops up, zerg hits her like crazy, She says, “No, I can’t die!” or something of the sort and disappears… Again popping out at .01% health. I currently have decided to (in game) treat her like real life groups that I hate. Instead of paying attention to them in a negative way I just ignore them and move on. That way they don’t get any publicity from me (which is what they want, negative or positive).

in Tower of Nightmares

Durzlla.6295

Just gonna throw this out there… That whole “everyone kittenes about scarlet therefore she’s doing a good job” was a joke, personally I love her (not as much as Kudu or Faolin, but she’s fun, and I don’t see her breaking lore, yet), seems like a lot of people were taking it too seriously despite the winking face xD.

PS: when I do the invasions my goal is to win, why the hell would I want to do them otherwise? Farming imo is boring as hell…

in Tower of Nightmares

Narcemus.1348

Course, naturally I haven’t seen a group take on an invasion that is big enough to get through phase two since clockwork chaos…

in Tower of Nightmares

draxynnic.3719

Part of that is, I think, that people who do respond to it are doing it for the farming, and the behaviour that gets the most benefit from farming (everyone on map zerging one event, preferably an Aetherblade event, to spawn as many champions as possible) is the complete opposite of the behaviour that’s likely to get a win (spread out so that each event has the minimum number of players to succeed, so less damage sponges like champions and veterans spawn allowing the event to be completed faster despite the smaller number of people, and so that more events are being completed simultaneously).

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I love how people seem to think that NC and the other hostile factions are above alliances, the Sinister Triad is kinda a big deal (NC, Inquest and Bandits), not to mention Bandits and mother kittening Centaurs have an alliance yet NO ONE has kittened about those 2 races who have completely hated the other and wanted mass genocide of the other for well over 250 years are in an alliance yet god forbid some of the dredge and flame legion teamed up…

Because NC hates Kraits. And Kraits hates everyone.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dream_and_Nightmare

Together, they crept down onto the beach and into the ruins, and there, they found their quarry. Cadeyrn’s sword cleaved a krait in two with a single stroke. He spun the weapon expertly behind his back, blocking another creature’s claw before snapping down to slice away the extended hand. A krait sorceress’s unblinking eyes widened as she wove a thaumaturgic web of slaughter, and two of the sylvari died in her flame. Fiercely, Cadeyrn leapt[sic] toward her, his blade tearing through the krait’s flesh.

He left nothing behind but scale and scream.

When the krait were dead, Niamh and Cadeyrn stood in the center of the ruined chapel, blood on their blades and fierce smiles lighting their faces. A sound caught his attention, and he raised a hand for silence, slipping forward to the place where he had seen movement from above.

Cadeyrn tilted the altar aside, and the sound grew louder. Beneath the stone lay a cave, long ago flooded by the advance of the sea. There, in a sea-cavern below the ruins, krait lay in hiding, unperturbed by the icy waters. But these were not warriors. This was a hatchery, filled with krait eggs and terrified young.

He raised his sword to continue the extermination—

“Cadeyrn!” Niamh said sharply.

Cadeyrn paused, looking up at the leader of his Cycle in confusion.

“Leave them.”

“But…they are krait.”

“They are children.”

“Children.” He frowned, for the word had little meaning. “You mean ‘they are small.’ They are small, but they are krait. They will grow up to be large krait, and then we will kill them. Why not kill them now, when it is easy and they are undefended? It seems the wisest course of action. Otherwise, we risk losing more sylvari lives when these return fully grown.”

“We must take that risk, to give them a chance to change their ways,” the firstborn said. “All things have a right to grow. The blossom is brother to the weed.” Soberly, she put away her sword and pushed the altar back. Beneath it, Cadeyrn could hear the snakes scrambling, splashing away into the ocean tide.

“Again the firstborn quote the Tablet when I ask for logic.” He growled beneath his breath. “I do not agree.”

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

I’m holding out for the Mursaat, personally. I’m bored with the Scarlet content. I never got bored with any encounter with the Mursaat in Prophecies.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

You win the invasion? 30 minutes later Scarlet comes back with even more men.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Tower of Nightmares

draxynnic.3719

I’m holding out for the Mursaat, personally. I’m bored with the Scarlet content. I never got bored with any encounter with the Mursaat in Prophecies.

I did. Once.

Trying to cap the monk mursaat elite on Ice Flow, with the original Prophecies henchmen (and their original builds) and a monk primary myself, after the patch had gone through that made enemies move out of AI. Eventually wore it down, but it took an age even after managing to coax the henchmen into body-blocking it so it couldn’t move out of the Rain of Fire.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Scarlet is perhaps rallying forces because she wants to harness an Elder Dragon’s power. Scarlet has ties with the Inquest, and probably aware how to harness the power of Elder Dragons. She seems to have enough infantry, siege equipment, and transportation to face an Elder Dragon. She can be really arrogant and head to Crystal Desert to harness Kralkatorrik’s power. This also is a good segue leading to her own death and we can continue properly with the Living Story, and maybe Trahearne is at the area as well and Kralkatorrik kills both of them.

Back to topic. The krait in the preview have the same greenish colour as Zhaitan’s. It could be that Zhaitan is alive but I don’t know if this is true. The story is getting darker as we go. It is rather odd that Tequatl has become more powerful. Scarlet is missing, she left her prerecorded holograms in Twilight Arbor. The krait are building a colossal weapon near the Tengu Wall and two ticks away from the Wizard’s Tower.

in Tower of Nightmares

draxynnic.3719

Last word regarding the status of LS versus PS, ArenaNet had retconned that Lost Shores happened after Zhaitan’s defeat, and the entire LS from Dragon Bash to Tequatl Rising at least happens in the final sections of the PS between when the pact has formed and started deploying airships and Zhaitan’s fall.

Up until it gets retconned that Scarlet actually invented airships and the Pact reverse-engineered them from captured Aetherblade ships, of course.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I don’t like Scarlet either, in my opinion she is the least interesting villain in Guild Wars history.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If Mursaat come back, though. Well, you think people whine about needing Ascended gear now? I can practically guarantee that they’ll have Agony attacks.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

If Mursaat come back, though. Well, you think people whine about needing Ascended gear now? I can practically guarantee that they’ll have Agony attacks.

One way or another people will whine. Musaat are not dragons and many are only interested in dragons.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Keep in mind that the Mists agony is not quite the same as the mursaat Spectral Agony. In order to gain protection against the mursaat’s agonizing touch, we have to find spectral creatures born of malice and shade and have a seer use her magic on us to infuse the slain entity’s essence into our armor – which will effectively absorb most of the Spectral Agony’s effects.

Spectral Agony not only dealt nearly unhealable damage (you can survive low-lvl agony without any infused piece, whereas it was basically impossible with SA), but caused the victim to fight, cast spells, and move considerably slower (the reduction was 80% with 0 infused pieces). The two agonies are different. The mursaat – if they were to return – would stretch out their hands and slaughter even the FotM lvl 50+ elitists in the blink of an eye.

If ANet wants to honor their lore snickers and the mursaat we got to know and fear in GW1, the infusion against their magic will be a plot device gained through the successful completion of some hard instanced mission (not dungeon!)… just like in Iron Mines of Moladune, Ring of Fire, and Abaddon’s Mouth.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

Why do people want to straight up kill scarlet when anet could just make her lore more interesting? ( I personally love the lore atm)
She does have potential to be epic.

in Tower of Nightmares

Durzlla.6295

Last word regarding the status of LS versus PS, ArenaNet had retconned that Lost Shores happened after Zhaitan’s defeat, and the entire LS from Dragon Bash to Tequatl Rising at least happens in the final sections of the PS between when the pact has formed and started deploying airships and Zhaitan’s fall.

Up until it gets retconned that Scarlet actually invented airships and the Pact reverse-engineered them from captured Aetherblade ships, of course.

Uh, they said when Lost Shores came out that it was taking place post Zhaitans death, and Dragon Bash is ALSO post Zhaitans death seeing as how you’re celebrating how you managed to kill Zhaitan and that all the other dragons aren’t that big of a threat anymore. Tequatl Rising is ALSO post Zhaitan death seeing as how every chapter before it was and it’s a continuation of the living story, not us backtracking in time.

There has been no retconning…. yet…

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Scarlet is like a bad rash that just won’t go away…

why can’t we just be done with her. At this point I would be fine if you just pretended everything up to now didn’t happened, and you just did a complete 180 and used actual lore from the game to make actual stories.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Just because it has to do with Scarlet, does not make her the only “big bad”. We still don’t know what scarlet saw that drove her insane…

Everyone has a problem with the Krait joining with her…what if it is not a choice of theirs to make.

What if…what scarlet saw was the Jungle Dragon behind all the corruption in the Caledon forest. The one mentioned in COE. The “lore” has it that the dragons might be the sources of all magic. Silvari are immune to dragon corruption, but what if they are not immune to the Jungle Dragon corruption but it manifests in a slightly different way. What if the entire “Nightmare” is due to the Jungle dragons corruption. What if Scarlet’s going crazy is part of it. What if she is just another “minion” of the Jungle dragon, Like Tequatl is a minion of Zhaitan.

Maybe ANET is thinking more long-term than most of the player base. Look at how slowly this whole thing is moving…maybe it is all leading to the Jungle Dragon and a new area opening up next to the Caledon forest. Maybe the Jungle dragon is spreading its “Nightmarish” corruption through the evil plants, and the reason the Krait’s eyes and skin is glowing in the preview is due to the Jungle dragon’s corruption influencing them.

We know that the aetherblades come from the west of Lions Arch, this is still maguuma, maybe they were enslaved by the jungle dragon also…and since the jungle dragon cannot corrupt humans / charr / norn like it does the silvari, it beats them into submission…

what I am saying is that maybe Scarlet herself isn’t as “kitten” as people say she is, maybe the only reason she has all this “power” is that she is working for something far more powerful and far scarier to the people of Tyria. The flame legion lost primordius, maybe another dragon offered them what they needed.

I could go on…but that is what I am hoping ANET is doing with this whole living story…that it is leading up to something more “grand”.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I apologize, I had not seen this : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tower/Why-I-think-Mordremoth-is-next
Thread. which seems to convey some similar ideas that I had.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Keep in mind that the Mists agony is not quite the same as the mursaat Spectral Agony. In order to gain protection against the mursaat’s agonizing touch, we have to find spectral creatures born of malice and shade and have a seer use her magic on us to infuse the slain entity’s essence into our armor – which will effectively absorb most of the Spectral Agony’s effects.

Spectral Agony not only dealt nearly unhealable damage (you can survive low-lvl agony without any infused piece, whereas it was basically impossible with SA), but caused the victim to fight, cast spells, and move considerably slower (the reduction was 80% with 0 infused pieces). The two agonies are different. The mursaat – if they were to return – would stretch out their hands and slaughter even the FotM lvl 50+ elitists in the blink of an eye.

If ANet wants to honor their lore snickers and the mursaat we got to know and fear in GW1, the infusion against their magic will be a plot device gained through the successful completion of some hard instanced mission (not dungeon!)… just like in Iron Mines of Moladune, Ring of Fire, and Abaddon’s Mouth.

Three words:
Another Asura Invention

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tower of Nightmares

draxynnic.3719

Uh, they said when Lost Shores came out that it was taking place post Zhaitans death, and Dragon Bash is ALSO post Zhaitans death seeing as how you’re celebrating how you managed to kill Zhaitan and that all the other dragons aren’t that big of a threat anymore. Tequatl Rising is ALSO post Zhaitan death seeing as how every chapter before it was and it’s a continuation of the living story, not us backtracking in time.

There has been no retconning…. yet…

I got an ingame mail for Tequatl Rising that said that Zhaitan was still alive, and when asked about Lost Shores, one of the ArenaNet devs reportedly said that the background information out-of-game is a secondary source at best and subject to be changed. That’s a retcon. (And what I remember of Dragon Bash was that it was more general defiance, not “we’ve killed one and now the rest seem less of a threat”. I distinctly remember, in fact, something being said by one of ArenaNet’s people around that time that made me think “huh? But I thought Zhaitan was dead!”, but it wasn’t until that mail that the retcon was confirmed.)

Admittedly, I got that mail on one of my characters that hasn’t killed Zhaitan yet, and it’s possible that a different mail was sent to characters that had – unfortunately, we only got the mail once rather than per character like in some previous LS arcs, so I can’t comment there. However, there is definitely a retcon from Lost Shores being “this happened after Zhaitan’s defeat, and we accept that means that some characters will be time-travelling when they resume personal story”, and ArenaNet’s current policy of “Each individual character’s experience is canon! If you killed Zhaitan before Lost Shores, that’s when Zhaitan died! If you still haven’t killed Zhaitan, than Zhaitan is still alive for whichever LS installment is currently running!” – never mind what havoc this causes with the timeline, not to mention blocking off the LS team from building off anything that happens in the PS.

Which is, of course, where most of the good plot threads are tied up.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hm?

I am quite sure that the mail said nothing about if Zhaitan was defeated.
It talks about the Offensive in Orr, but that could take place both before and after Zhaitans death.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

He was excited for the patch but then took an Anet to the knee? We’ll wait and see next week!

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Tower of Nightmares

Narcemus.1348

Yeah, mail read on a character that has defeated Zhaitan speaks of the continued offensive in Orr being a possible effect on Tequatl’s new found power. It mentions neither Zhaitan nor his state (living or dead).