I was really excited for this patch...

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Why do people keep moaning about how Krait working with others breaks the lore?

Who says they are joining forces by choice? Yes it may not be in their nature to ally with others but if you are being forced, manipulated or under some kind of spell/infection then you have no choice.

The Krait shown in the images are clearly not normal Krait, so they have obviously been corrupted with this Poison/Toxin, or whatever is going on.

Just because Scarlet is behind it, doesn’t mean she went to the Krait and said do you want to team up? and they said yes.

Its because krait kill enslave or die…manipulation isn’t even the thing to them….its such a weak joining of forces if scarlet really is teaming up with them somehow…back to disappointed in arena net =(

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I’m not sure why, but I’m still secretly hoping that green glow on the Krait is from dragon corruption by Mordremoth. Looking at the Aether weapons they’re using though …..

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

I’m not sure why, but I’m still secretly hoping that green glow on the Krait is from dragon corruption by Mordremoth. Looking at the Aether weapons they’re using though …..

Aether Weapons? I don’t see Aether weapons carried by Krait.

in Tower of Nightmares

Xae Isareth.1364

Glowing blue light dagger, it looks just like the glow in Aetherised nightmare weapons.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Glowing blue light dagger, it looks just like the glow in Aetherised nightmare weapons.

They’re not nightmare weapons, it’s Sylvari Cultural weapons.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Tower of Nightmares

Walhalla.5473

Look again. These are not cultural weapons.

in Tower of Nightmares

Durzlla.6295

Uh, they are, they’re just glowing blue… They’re Warden weapons

in Tower of Nightmares

Walhalla.5473

No, the Weapons the Krait are wearing are not cultural weapons or Aetherised Nightmare Weapons. Its a new skin.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Those weapons are so clearly NOT any skin currently in game it’s ridiculous. For reference, these are warden weapons http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warden_weapons
the weapons the krait hold are not.

in Tower of Nightmares

Xae Isareth.1364

Uh, they are, they’re just glowing blue… They’re Warden weapons

Warden weapons aren’t made of light/electricity/Aether(?) and they have organic hilts.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

You are right on the weapons. In the preview the weapons held by the krait are obviously not solid blades. They appear more similar to perhaps the SAB weapons or something of that caliber (only less childish). They are most likely a new weapon skin. Although that doesn’t bring down the arguments of the obvious nightmare court appearance to the branches/roots coming out of the tower or the fact that there is a press release mentioning the NC.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They actually remind me now of the holograms Scarlet was using in the new TA path.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

If Mursaat come back, though. Well, you think people whine about needing Ascended gear now? I can practically guarantee that they’ll have Agony attacks.

None of the players in GW2 are infused. So they will die as soon as they see the Mursaat. But this would be a perfect opportunity to re-introduce Livia. She is infused and has fought Mursaats before. Now she must be stronger than 300 years ago.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If Mursaat come back, though. Well, you think people whine about needing Ascended gear now? I can practically guarantee that they’ll have Agony attacks.

None of the players in GW2 are infused. So they will die as soon as they see the Mursaat. But this would be a perfect opportunity to re-introduce Livia. She is infused and has fought Mursaats before. Now she must be stronger than 300 years ago.

Not sure if she survived that long, but she did have the Scepter of Orr…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Tower of Nightmares

Durzlla.6295

Not sure if she survived that long, but she did have the Scepter of Orr…

I’m sure she’s still alive if she is still the owner of the Scepter of Orr… no way she’d have that much power and not have tapped into it and become a Lich or something…. Then again, maybe she was murdered and the scepter stolen… We don’t know, which sucks…

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I want a anet version of triangle head with lots of blood and creepy demented story pls anet

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I still wish they would’ve kept Kudu alive long enough to be what Scarlet is supposed to be…. as much as i love Scarlet he was much more awesome… God rest his tiny little soul…

That being said i’m not seeing anything Scarlety about this patch, if anything i see Faolin, or other Nightmare Court members, being involved in this, i mean they have tons of mesmery magic, which the krait seem to have lost over the 250 years since GW1 (as well as their frills), not to mention it’s called the tower of NIGHTMARE, and that there’s vines and stuff growing off of it which fits with Nightmare Court, and the Krait are using plant weapons and look like they’re glowing like those Husks in TA do…

If scarlet was directly behind this it’d be more steam punk, not to mention Scarlet doesn’t get anything from helping Krait, Nightmare Court do, they just wanna cause pain and agony and torment, what better way to do that than cause every land dweller to drown? They haven’t given a kitten about who they helped in the past, why start now?

What did Scarlet get from anything she did? The story hasn’t told us her motives and most of her appearances are inconsequential. She’s directionless from the perspective of the player. Why did Scarlet manipulate the Molten Alliance? Why did she try to get Mai Trinn onto the Captain’s Council? Why did she attack the Queen’s Jubilee (we actually know this, it was said in a lore interview that she felt challenged by the boasting humanity was doing so she wanted to prove a point – her motivation at the time was that shallow)? Why is she building an army of clones in Twilight Arbor? Why does she continue to have seemingly inconsequential invasions? What are they even invading? Was she involved in the Secret at Southsun? We’ve had almost an entire year of following her around with her exploits and they are jumping all over Tyria and don’t seem to have anything to do with each other.

I don’t think the writers want Scarlet’s MO to be “engineer + x = theme for the patch”, it’s “x + y = theme for the patch”. The Molten Alliance wasn’t Scarlet’s engineering, it was dredge weaponry combined with Flame Legion fire magic. Following that trend, krait magic and architecture combined with sylvari magic and architecture could be the theme of the new patch as well as the result of Scarlet’s Villain Sue “genius”. In the same lore interview, Angel says Scarlet likes to combine two things that don’t normally go together just to see what happens. That’s why we had the Molten Alliance, that’s why we have the Clockheart and it could easily be why we have a krait tower with thorny vines coming out of it. Her last name is Briar and that tower has a giant briar coming out of its side. At this point, it’d be surprising if she wasn’t involved.

I wish the writers would trust that the krait (and their existing motivations) alone are more than enough to carry a story. The krait are an interesting enemy faction and, like most factions in Tyria, their story and lore is underutilised. Shining the spotlight on them for a patch and expanding on their motivations, goals and ambitions would be a fun and exciting adventure in Tyria. We don’t need a lame gimmick from Scarlet to make the world interesting – it already is.

Scarlet reduces stories to their superficial components – Flame Legion are simply their flame magic, the dredge are simply their weapons – rather than expanding on their complexities. It dismisses the complexities (and in many cases, goes against them) simply to accommodate Scarlet. The world of Tyria is already exciting and interesting. We don’t need Scarlet to use her gimmicks to dumb it down for us.

I read this twice to find a lie, but there is none.

this is…. TRUTH

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I completely forgot about livia. I hope we see her again.
But as for the krait, still seems really dumb that krait would work with anything, unless they’re being tricked. Also wasn’t Briar actually just a new name she gave herself after the one thing.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I’m jumping on the bandwagon of the Anti-Scarlet Crusade (not to be confused with another Scarlet Crusade).

Really getting tired of her kitten, and not in the good/fun/entertained way.

Attachments:

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

The woman in the trailer says “whispered promises…” which could very well be how Scarlet is luring the Krait into perhaps believing she’s the Prophet, she could perhaps appear to them in a different form – maybe a holographic Krait resembling a Krait Prophet – so even if the Krait are xenophobic, they might not be aware it’s her. And of course, the prophet comes with armies and weapons (Aetherblades + Nightmare Court and their twine-tech technology) so to them that prophecy is fulfilled well enough to buy in on the ruse.

If she’s involved…I’d hope that’s how…
Except instead of making anyone work together with anyone she just uses the fake prophet to get the Krait riled up and building this monstrosity and gathering them all together, right in the middle of Tyria. We can have the PC’s try to breach the tower but utterly fail, only to discover in the melee and release of the mesmer veil that there is an aetheric anomaly over the Giant’s Passage. Upon investigation we discover a similar veil high up that is hiding several Aetherblade ships holding position. The Lion Guard, fresh off their TA assault move in high gear with the PC for an aerial intercept to attempt to board and confiscate the ships. We move through the ships to reach the last one where the PC reaches the captain’s cabin of the last ship alone. Enter cut scene, we enter a room empty but for a few odd devices and a chair facing out the rear window. She leaps up and welcomes you, grasping you by the shoulders and taking you aback. She speaks quickly and excitedly about how the Krait are just perfect the way they are, so wonderful and convenient. She shows us how she has been monitoring the fake prophet she set up and gloats about it. At this point our character interjects, questioning what she is going to do with the prophet. She turns to the pc, seriously this time and just says “nothing”. At that moment the prophet being viewed withers into branches and moss as the Krait attendants look on in shock. Scarlet pushes us away and moves towards the wall, “have fun!” and pulls a lever on one of the odd devices in the room. The floor under the PC opens up and we fall down, landing atop the Krait tower that the ship had maneuvered over. We watch the ship sail off, lionguard being cast off the side of the ship before it departs. We are left on the the top of the Krait tower now, their blamed culprit for the loss of their prophet and the focus of their rage. We hold them off and are eventually rescued by another Lion Guard ship.
Living World moves on with Krait attacks all over Kessex, Caledon, and Bloodtide. The Krait clearly making their way towards Lion’s Arch and Pale Tree simultaneously.

Ofc, nothing like that will happen and everything will be of no consequence. As usual.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

The woman in the trailer says “whispered promises…” which could very well be how Scarlet is luring the Krait into perhaps believing she’s the Prophet, she could perhaps appear to them in a different form – maybe a holographic Krait resembling a Krait Prophet – so even if the Krait are xenophobic, they might not be aware it’s her. And of course, the prophet comes with armies and weapons (Aetherblades + Nightmare Court and their twine-tech technology) so to them that prophecy is fulfilled well enough to buy in on the ruse.

Except instead of making anyone work together with anyone she just uses the fake prophet to get the Krait riled up and building this monstrosity and gathering them all together, right in the middle of Tyria. We can have the PC’s try to breach the tower but utterly fail, only to discover in the melee and release of the mesmer veil that there is an aetheric anomaly over the Giant’s Passage. Upon investigation we discover a similar veil high up that is hiding several Aetherblade ships holding position. The Lion Guard, fresh off their TA assault move in high gear with the PC for an aerial intercept to attempt to board and confiscate the ships. We move through the ships to reach the last one where the PC reaches the captain’s cabin of the last ship alone. Enter cut scene, we enter a room empty but for a few odd devices and a chair facing out the rear window. She leaps up and welcomes you, grasping you by the shoulders and taking you aback. She speaks quickly and excitedly about how the Krait are just perfect the way they are, so wonderful and convenient. She shows us how she has been monitoring the fake prophet she set up and gloats about it. At this point our character interjects, questioning what she is going to do with the prophet. She turns to the pc, seriously this time and just says “nothing”. At that moment the prophet being viewed withers into branches and moss as the Krait attendants look on in shock. Scarlet pushes us away and moves towards the wall, “have fun!” and pulls a lever on one of the odd devices in the room. The floor under the PC opens up and we fall down, landing atop the Krait tower that the ship had maneuvered over. We watch the ship sail off, lionguard being cast off the side of the ship before it departs. We are left on the the top of the Krait tower now, their blamed culprit for the loss of their prophet and the focus of their rage. We hold them off and are eventually rescued by another Lion Guard ship.
Living World moves on with Krait attacks all over Kessex, Caledon, and Bloodtide. The Krait clearly making their way towards Lion’s Arch and Pale Tree simultaneously.

Ofc, nothing like that will happen and everything will be of no consequence. As usual.

Not to mention a major flaw, or rather inconcisetency with your story: the player is the centralized figure in this scenario. Never gonna happen. Why?

I’ll give you two reasons. No, make that three:

- Kormir
- Traherne
- Ellen Keil

ArenaNet never gives the player character any credit (Traherne/Keil), nor do the player characters ever get what they fight so hard for (Kormir). In the above story, Scarlet recognizes us as a “thing.” Never gonna happen.

Still, lovely idea. Would’ve been fun; but, as you said, it’ll never happen.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Not to mention a major flaw, or rather inconcisetency with your story: the player is the centralized figure in this scenario. Never gonna happen. Why?

I’ll give you two reasons. No, make that three:

- Kormir
- Traherne
- Ellen Keil

ArenaNet never gives the player character any credit (Traherne/Keil), nor do the player characters ever get what they fight so hard for (Kormir). In the above story, Scarlet recognizes us as a “thing.” Never gonna happen.

Still, lovely idea. Would’ve been fun; but, as you said, it’ll never happen.

That’s not a hole in my story, that’s a hole in ANet’s storytelling.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

There is a hole in your story: it involves a black hole that consumes all lore and sensible plot. It’s called Scarlet.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.