LS map events less and less rewards?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Is it just me or the living story events are starting to give less rewards as we progress through them?

Back in the Queen of Guantlet or the scarlet’s invasions, we used to get at least one chest and lots of loot per chmap and events. Now with the latest LS we are getting one silver which is spent in wp’ing to the next event.

Where is the fun/loot/gold in that?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

Thats it…there is no fun anymore. Dont get me wrong..the patch looksreally nice with the tower and whatnot..but the reward..a 5skillpoint scroll Rofl and a shard with a daily limit ofcourse. No new title or cool skins which we can get. This game is going downhill..

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Well, they saw the huge amount of inflation that began with Queen’s Gauntlet (Mainly from people farming claws) and decided to nerf drop rates. The only thing I use the LS for now is to level alts and AoE mobs for dem loot bags…

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Thats it…there is no fun anymore. Dont get me wrong..the patch looksreally nice with the tower and whatnot..but the reward..a 5skillpoint scroll Rofl and a shard with a daily limit ofcourse. No new title or cool skins which we can get. This game is going downhill..

I think at this point they are doing just enough and promising just enough to keep a decent amount of people playing to make all the cash they can before the whole thing explodes. Most supporters of this game thought it was going to be a revolution of new ideas mixed with the best aspects of many other MMOs. What its looking like now is a complication of all the best cash grabs from freemium games. They only seem to actually care about the game itself or doing things the community desires when the community outrage starts effecting the profit margin. The game itself IS a solid base for a good play experience but they don’t seem very interested in perfecting or expanding on that base. They do seem more interested in using the community as a test group for marketing gimmicks. That can only last for so long.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Translation: “Give me my shinies! I want instant shinies when I tag a champ in a zergtrain! I don’t give a rat’s abs about stories and lore and all that sheep.”

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Translation: “Give me my shinies! I want instant shinies when I tag a champ in a zergtrain! I don’t give a rat’s abs about stories and lore and all that sheep.”

Well, considering that this particular living story can be finished in about 45 minutes to an hour if you’re not interested in the meta…than yeah, it would be kind of nice to be given rewards for continuing to destroy Toxic Offshoots.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Well, considering that this particular living story can be finished in about 45 minutes to an hour if you’re not interested in the meta…than yeah, it would be kind of nice to be given rewards for continuing to destroy Toxic Offshoots.

Uh last I checked I’m still getting rewards and stuff for doing these Toxic offshoot events. Also there are a few other new non-offshoot events around the map. Southeast of the new tower is a portal event for example.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Yup, and what happened to scaling? It’s pretty pathetic to see everyone spamming attacks in the air in hopes of getting a hit on the normal mobs that pop up and die in 1 second. Therefor also this side of the game now cater to Warriors and Guardians with their fast cleaves. It’s just getting more silly each LS, and the change (neeeerf) to loot and account-bound MF to somehow make up for it (haha) make me feel like a lab rat when GW2’s exploring new low limits for what the players can endure.

When many players find PvE mobs down-state as something positive in this patch, “cause it make them able to sometimes tag a mob”, instead of like scale to Champion like it used to for a short while, I know we haven’t seen the worst yet.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

How is it any worse than the anet translation of “Buy your shinies here!!! No skill or need to play the game required…Just open your wallet and buy the intended ascetic endgame”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: penguin.1967

penguin.1967

given the game has been out just over a year and still have a rather active player base says they must be doing something right. Sure there is some issues with some parts of the game, but what game or MMO is perfect?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

I wouldn’t mind instant shinies. But then I at least am able to comprehend that this is a video game and not a test of personal worth.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Well, they saw the huge amount of inflation that began with Queen’s Gauntlet (Mainly from people farming claws) and decided to nerf drop rates. The only thing I use the LS for now is to level alts and AoE mobs for dem loot bags…

That’s not the real problem. It is more like people are over farming things like that because drop rates of decent stuff in this game sucks. If there were like 100 such event going on at the same time then people would just choose one of them. The would spread out to do what benefits them most and move on when they have enough making something else more beneficial.

Arenanet should stop paying so much attention to the economy. The economy with run itself with or without them. If they focus on drops and rewards and the players actual experience then rest will work itself out by itself.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

That’s not the real problem. It is more like people are over farming things like that because drop rates of decent stuff in this game sucks. If there were like 100 such event going on at the same time then people would just choose one of them. The would spread out to do what benefits them most and move on when they have enough making something else more beneficial.

Arenanet should stop paying so much attention to the economy. The economy with run itself with or without them. If they focus on drops and rewards and the players actual experience then rest will work itself out by itself.

I am glad you’re not in charge of the loot/drop rate or any development towards that goal. You clearly have no idea how the economy works ….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

She does actually have a point. Players will always gravitate to whatever gives them the most profit in the shortest amount of time. That’s basically human nature at work. We’ve seen it in the Queen’s Jubilee, we’ve seen it in the Scarlet invasions, and we see it now in the Queensdale/Frostgorge Champ trains. Tequatl/Mad King’s Labyrinth/Tower of Nightmares all saw sharp declines in popularity, because the difficulty of the area, and the time investment, was just too high compared to the rewards we could get.

Nerfing overprofitable zones is the common response from most developers if they feel the economy is “too hot”, but this tends to draw significant backlash from players who, understandably, don’t like having their main source of income taken away. By far the better option is to instead address the root cause of WHY people want to farm in the first place, and that is to afford the stuff they want. This can only be done by increasing supply, making expensive things like Legendaries, Ascended gear or unique skins a lot cheaper. If a player could buy just about anything they wanted, just by doing stuff they enjoyed (whether it be open world PvE, dungeons, WvW, sPvP), I think we’d see a lot less emphasis on farming.

Of course, the downside to this approach is that there would be no real “status items” left. For the crowd who likes to have rare and unique items to show off to others, they will HATE this idea if they don’t have something to show that they’re “better” than other players.