Next Patch Preview confirms Scarlet

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

So the little picture preview we get of the next patch in line is up…and it pretty much confirms Scarlet’s involvement, since the next patch will probably have us heading into the tower.

The question is, what is that thing behind her?

Did the krait prophets actually return?

Is it a massive Nightmare Court boss?

Attachments:

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ataraxis.6098

Ataraxis.6098

oh, kitten , just go away scarlet!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Did you really think Anet would actually do anything else? We are stuck with this Mary Sue until Tyria explodes.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

I hope the next Living World is our final confrontation with Scarlet. The Pact seems to be helping The Great and Gorgeous Mesmer Collective. Does that mean we will see Trahearne as well?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I really hope it is a super-boss who will get out of control in a pre-fight cinematic where he crushes Scarlet, then we have to deal with him and in after-fight cinematic Scarlet will tell us everything about her (being serious for one time) and DIE <333

in Tower of Nightmares

Jordo.5913

but what do you guys think that thing is behind her!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

yawns Not… again… x_X°
As for that Thing… It’s prbably the nightmare tree that’s left over from killing path 2 in twilight arbor. That’s what we call Recycling… xD

J/K… Whatever it is I hope it finally makes an end to Scarlet. I can’t stand her anymore.
If we Need to endure more superultraevil Sylvari then please…. finally make them Mordremoths minions, that would finally make sense in all this mess…. And don’t Forget to get Scarlet killed by Mordremoth himself for stealing his Show, would you? o.o"

Trahearne <3

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

KILL IT, PLEASE, FINISH IT. Or pretend to kill and put her in locker for year.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Of course she’s involved as Dolja explains ‘’we strongly suspect that Scarlet offered shards of an obelisk in exchange of Krait participation’’.

I love Scarlet so I’m actually happy with her return (again) <3

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

Scarlet is great imo, but I’d like to see some character development in her soonish, I wish she would be getting a little bit serious. I can understand the teenager mentality as she must be feeling pretty omnipotent and free to do whatever she wants after seeing the eternal alchemy. However as her plans have been foiled a few times alrdy she should be getting more serious and more concerned about her plans succeeding.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Maybe we’ll get to kill her and throw her off the tower then stomp on her corpse.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The thing behind her is a husk

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

That fact that so many people love as well as hate Scarlet to me indicates they’re doing a great job with this “bad guy”. Love or hate, she’s making people care about her presence returning.

It’s the bad guys you never remember or don’t care at all if they return that suck. If Scarlet is getting under your skin for good or ill then they’re doing it right.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tower of Nightmares

VOLKON.1290

The thing behind her is a husk

Did she grip it by the husk?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Wolfsergi.2537

Wolfsergi.2537

If you look at the data mined info there is a mini called Toxic Hybrid that looks exactly like that, it’s most likely a nightmare court+ krait hybrid monster thing. Scarlet is crazy like that, just combining random creatures as with the oakheart.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

That fact that so many people love as well as hate Scarlet to me indicates they’re doing a great job with this “bad guy”. Love or hate, she’s making people care about her presence returning.

It’s the bad guys you never remember or don’t care at all if they return that suck. If Scarlet is getting under your skin for good or ill then they’re doing it right.

People are not hating her because she’s a well written character, doing unspeakable deeds or because of her in-game actions. They hate her because ANet have seen fit to make every part of the living story have the same plot: “Scarlet was behind it.” I could go behind a mastermind pulling the strings of various factions who were unaware they are being manipulated, but that is a level of subtlety of writing and plot development we aren’t getting with GW2. Which is a shame, since GW1 was much better on this regard (although I’m not saying GW1 plots were grand, RPG-type stories either. Just a lot better than GW2.)

Scarlet is cartoony, over-the-top, goofy and yet manages to be boring as well. For me her whole representation represents what I hate about the whole Living story: stale, uninteresting repetitiveness.

(edited by Traveller.7496)

in Tower of Nightmares

VOLKON.1290

People are not hating her because she’s a well written character, doing unspeakable deeds or because of her in-game actions. They hate her because ANet have seen fit to make every part of the living story have the same plot: “Scarlet was behind it.” I could go behind a mastermind pulling the strings of various factions who were unaware they are being manipulated, but that is a level of subtlety of writing and plot development we aren’t getting with GW2. Which is a shame, since GW1 was much better on this regard (although I’m not saying GW1 plots were grand, RPG-type stories either. Just a lot better than GW2.)

Scarlet is cartoony, over-the-top, goofy and yet manages to be boring as well. For me her whole representation represents what I hate about the whole Living story: stale, uninteresting repetitiveness.

In other words… Scarlet really got under your skin.

Good job ANet.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tower of Nightmares

Traveller.7496

Well, at least I tried to make my point instead of just trolling.

I dunno if it’s such a good job by ANet to annoy me enough to stop playing, though.

(edited by Traveller.7496)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

According to the dev post in the collaborative – we’re looking at scarlett for 4 to 6 months maybe longer. I’m just walking away.
Good job Anet

in Tower of Nightmares

Traveller.7496

According to the dev post in the collaborative – we’re looking at scarlett for 4 to 6 months maybe longer. I’m just walking away.
Good job Anet

Thanks, I read that post as well. It’s good that they’re at least admitting they went the wrong way with Scarlet. But once again they keep promising that the really good part’s coming, honestly this time! I’m not sure if I buy it anymore. But I’m willing to give them another chance, even if they have kittened it up so far. If only to get to that promised conclusion of the Scarlet storyline which BobbyStein promised is coming and maybe we can finally move on to the dragons after that.

However this:

BobbyStein

One of the challenges of the semi-monthly release cycle is that we’re limited in how much content we can put inside each one.

Well stop doing such a tight schedule then! Release more once a month!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

So the little picture preview we get of the next patch in line is up…and it pretty much confirms Scarlet’s involvement, since the next patch will probably have us heading into the tower.

You’ve GOT to be kidding me. They NEED to kill her off so a real class of villain can show up or this living story is DONE. Stick a fork in it.

It’s gotten to a point that Scarlet is just dragging this charade on and on. This chick is not a villain. This chick is a bootleg Joker. The Joker, at least, knew how to be funny & sadistic. This chick is neither. I also don’t like the fact that the developers made her look like such a hotshot at the expense of other characters.

It’s gotten to a point when a lot of people are complaining about her now & want her gone.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You’ve GOT to be kidding me. They NEED to kill her off so a real class of villain can show up or this living story is DONE. Stick a fork in it.

It’s gotten to a point that Scarlet is just dragging this charade on and on. This chick is not a villain. This chick is a bootleg Joker. The Joker, at least, knew how to be funny & sadistic. This chick is neither. I also don’t like the fact that the developers made her look like such a hotshot at the expense of other characters.

It’s gotten to a point when a lot of people are complaining about her now & want her gone.

i think she is doing great job…at being annoying lol; once it comes to finall confrontation i bet ppl will kill her with pleasure hahahaha

funny thing, i don’t even mind her but i am srsly annoyed by all those hard confusion mobs; as thief main i just wanna /facedesk all day when i am forced to fight those mobs; you are basically forced to run condi removal build on a thief to have a chance otherwis you just sit forever in some condi + confusion and can’t do junk

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Tower of Nightmares

JTGuevara.9018

Also, why are the krait in an alliance? Yes, I’m curious about the krait legend & the prophets, but this doesn’t make much sense to me.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Meh.

Another stupid alliance, this time also breaking lore by doing something that would never, ever happen. Again this annoying possessed mad sociopath who thinks she knows more than anyone but only gives headaches.

Meh.

Just make her open some portal to a demon realm thinking she’ll control them and get her killed by them when she can’t control them or something, and be done with it. I don’t mind if the demons go and swarm the entire world.

I’d rather fight an army of a million grasps of insanity and scythes of chaos than have to deal with her again.

She was interesting for one story, but we had way too much of her by now. Go back to the REAL Guild Wars lore and stop making up stuff and destroying the story and the lore by making everything centered around her.

Meeeeeh.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Tower of Nightmares

JTGuevara.9018

Meh.

Another stupid alliance, this time also breaking lore by doing something that would never, ever happen. Again this annoying possessed mad sociopath who thinks she knows more than anyone but only gives headaches.

Meh.

Just make her open some portal to a demon realm thinking she’ll control them and get her killed by them when she can’t control them or something, and be done with it. I don’t mind if the demons go and swarm the entire world.

I’d rather fight an army of a million grasps of insanity and scythes of chaos than have to deal with her again.

She was interesting for one story, but we had way too much of her by now. Go back to the REAL Guild Wars lore and stop making up stuff and destroying the story and the lore by making everything centered around her.

Meeeeeh.

My thoughts exactly.

The krait in an alliance doesn’t make much sense to me.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

but what do you guys think that thing is behind her!

A plot device, probably a bad one. We can hope that ANet has finally gotten their act together with the Living Story but anything involving Scarlet does not exude confidence.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

Meh.

Meh.

Meeeeeh.

Lol, imo having Krait be xenophobic regardless of situation would be bad writing. It might have been justified when they were the master race of the unending ocean but now that they are forced on land and lakes would be smart to form alliances when there is something to benefit from. Think about it, it would be really insulting towards the Krait intelligence if they didn’t see any pros in teaming up with anyone ever.
Even the NPC’s in the game are wondering about this unexpected turn of events, so maybe you should have some patience too for the whole story to unravel instead of jumping to conclusions that ‘this bad because it just can’t be period’.

And ‘having a lot of Scarlet’, there has been 1 event where she was present and 1 with holograms. Not exactly much, I’m actually waiting for her to show up again

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Asko.4120)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

let us knock her off the top of the tower Like Turai Knocked Joko off the bridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQXiTB8xK0w

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ThaSlayer.8573

ThaSlayer.8573

Unless the krait were tricked somehow lorewise they should have just killed scarlet/NC and took the shards. Not become friends with someone all of a sudden.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kos Luftar.9214

Kos Luftar.9214

http://imgur.com/xGPF1mV,nSHKRaV,cl5Lknp,MGCmyBT Toxic Alliance coming out of Underworld portals.
1. – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/9/99/Shade.jpg
2. – https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/9af5a11-12_NextHero_EN.jpg These two have similar faces!
Has scarlet found a way to go to the Underworld? Is she using magic from the underworld to make these hybrids?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: xExitium.5198

xExitium.5198

Some kind of new kraits? Since there’s involvement of obelisk shard.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

As a point of information: Technically, the krait aren’t xenophobic. They don’t fear the other races. They just don’t think they’re good for anything but slaves and sacrifices.

Also, VOLKON? Read my sig.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

As a point of information: Technically, the krait aren’t xenophobic. They don’t fear the other races. They just don’t think they’re good for anything but slaves and sacrifices.

That description was incredibly accurate. I despise Joffrey with a passion because his actor and the script perform together in perfect synergy.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Tower of Nightmares

VOLKON.1290

The draxy doth protest to much, methinks.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

The thing behind Scarlet has Bloosoms in his back. It must be either a very strong nightmare creature or a hybrid between nightmare and something else.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

it’s not hard to figure out what it is…I mean Anet only has 1 story concept, and it’s been repeated like 6 times now.

So based on how every section of living story is exactly the same with the exact same crap descriptions the creature in the background is obviously a krait/nightmare court hybrid that Scarlet created to do her bidding by fusing krait and slyvari technology.

I am willing to bet all my gold, all my characters and pretty much anything else that this is the case. I mean it’s only like the 6th time they’ve done the exact same thing, how much more obvious could it get?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Been asking this patch after a patch, but it obviously needs asking again. Anet, can we please be truly done with her and get back to the real story? Ktnxbai.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Scarlet again? Lame. The most tediously boring waste of pixels (except for Zhed from GW1) in an MMO.

At some point, ANet will introduce an interesting character again.

SBI

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

You’ve got this TOTALLY wrong.
I remember Benjamin Linus from Lost cuz he was just a total kitten & you loved to hate the guy. He was manipulative & ruthless. Great character.
I remember SW Episode 1 because it was one of the worst modern movies I’ve ever seen. I don’t remember the MOVIE, I remember know how bad Lucas was at making it.

If they move on, I’ll remember that I don’t care about the lore anymore because they jumped the shark with this idiot. The only thing they’ve communicated correctly is: annoying character that I want to skip.

The draxy doth protest to much, methinks.

huh? So he can’t dislike her with good reasons? ok.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Scarlet is annoying.. so hopefully we get to kill her in the next update.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

If we’re lucky, that thing behind her in the picture eats her.

I love a good cartoony catch-me-if-you-can villian as much as the next guy, but she’s been around far too long for an MMO villian. Something needs to happen to conclude her story.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

It’s kinda like this GW2 concept art I found under Media > Concept Art:
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/guildwars2-24.jpg

Scarlet is controlling the monstrosity.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

Actually, to me, it reminds me a LOT of Abaddon. Which I realize is impossible .. but still, it kinda does. o.o

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Abaddon%27s_Gate_mission.jpg

I took him on more times than I can remember, between 15 avvies of my own and helping others in that mission in GW1. Not a face you forget. ahaha

(edited by Cierdwyn.4675)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You know… If ANet revealed in the next update that when Scarlet peered beyond the Dream, she actually gazed into the dead face of Abaddon and THAT’S why she went mad… All is forgiven.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

Was gonna post this but then I found this thread..

Come on guys maybe we’ll finally get the chance to finish her off and continue with the real lore now!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

Guys, the thing behind her is not related to Abaddon or Margonites. That lore is far too interesting to utilize, and it also has nothing to do with ridiculous “alliances”

This is what your thing behind her is.

My 4 year old niece could have thought of something better.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

You know… If ANet revealed in the next update that when Scarlet peered beyond the Dream, she actually gazed into the dead face of Abaddon and THAT’S why she went mad… All is forgiven.

Agreed!! I mean it IS a hybrid, but a hybrid of what and what? .. and not much is more “toxic” than Abaddon’s energy, anyone who explored the Realm of Torment area’s could see that. That eye pattern is also on the Margonites .. and there were facial changes on Varesh as it went along (though didn’t make it that far). Does make you wonder .. and hope just a little. lol

What an awesome spin that’d be! Definately forgiven .. and given a pass on alllll previous LS/W. lol

Ahhh .. happy sigh .. We can dream.

(edited by Cierdwyn.4675)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

In other words… Scarlet really got under your skin.

Good job ANet.

It makes me think of a work-place cafeteria that consistently servers horrible food. “It gets under you skin. It must be good!”

in Tower of Nightmares

Jordo.5913

man…the abbadon stuff could be soooo sweet….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

Agreed!! I mean it IS a hybrid, but a hybrid of what and what? .. and not much is more “toxic” than Abaddon’s energy, anyone who explored the Realm of Torment area’s could see that. That eye pattern is also on the Margonites .. and there were facial changes on Varesh as it went along (though didn’t make it that far). Does make you wonder .. and hope just a little. lol

What an awesome spin that’d be! Definately forgiven .. and given a pass on alllll previous LS/W. lol

Ahhh .. happy sigh .. We can dream.

Nahhh man. The problem with that, is that that would be actually interesting.

I can assure you its some kitten-baby of a Krait and Nightmare Court Sylvari.

Why? I don’t know…and I really wish Anet would stop with this crap.

Again, my 4 year old niece could think of something better.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.