in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Oh…her again. Sigh.

Next Patch Preview confirms Scarlet

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

You know… If ANet revealed in the next update that when Scarlet peered beyond the Dream, she actually gazed into the dead face of Abaddon and THAT’S why she went mad… All is forgiven.

Agreed!! I mean it IS a hybrid, but a hybrid of what and what? .. and not much is more “toxic” than Abaddon’s energy, anyone who explored the Realm of Torment area’s could see that. That eye pattern is also on the Margonites .. and there were facial changes on Varesh as it went along (though didn’t make it that far). Does make you wonder .. and hope just a little. lol

What an awesome spin that’d be! Definately forgiven .. and given a pass on alllll previous LS/W. lol

Ahhh .. happy sigh .. We can dream.

Nahhh man. The problem with that, is that that would be actually interesting.

I can assure you its some kitten-baby of a Krait and Nightmare Court Sylvari.

Why? I don’t know…and I really wish Anet would stop with this crap.

Again, my 4 year old niece could think of something better.

yeah…i wish the devs would stop being so hell bent on creating new lore, and just build upon lore that is already established, or throw in a curve ball with something that is from GW1

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Scarlet, go away! I want to move back to the main story about the Elder Dragons already… The Personal Story could continue towards the next on.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

That fact that so many people love as well as hate Scarlet to me indicates they’re doing a great job with this “bad guy”. Love or hate, she’s making people care about her presence returning.

It’s the bad guys you never remember or don’t care at all if they return that suck. If Scarlet is getting under your skin for good or ill then they’re doing it right.

People are not hating her because she’s a well written character, doing unspeakable deeds or because of her in-game actions. They hate her because ANet have seen fit to make every part of the living story have the same plot: “Scarlet was behind it.” I could go behind a mastermind pulling the strings of various factions who were unaware they are being manipulated, but that is a level of subtlety of writing and plot development we aren’t getting with GW2. Which is a shame, since GW1 was much better on this regard (although I’m not saying GW1 plots were grand, RPG-type stories either. Just a lot better than GW2.)

Scarlet is cartoony, over-the-top, goofy and yet manages to be boring as well. For me her whole representation represents what I hate about the whole Living story: stale, uninteresting repetitiveness.

In other words… Scarlet really got under your skin.

Good job ANet.

Yep. Great job. That’s why I sit on forums and read stuff instead of playing GW2. Taking into consideration fact, that Anet put lot of their lore stuff on blog, not in game, I think I’m on the right direction. Out of the Tyria

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: SkipOne.8430

SkipOne.8430

here you guys have the concept art from the jungle minion:

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-11/gw2-jungle-minion.html

and the sylvari dark queen:

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-11/gw2-sylvari-dark-queen.html

maybe something is related

(edited by SkipOne.8430)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Abaddon, too good to be true? The only character that can save this story now?

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Now that the crap hits the fan, you want some Abaddon content?

Evon Gnashblade is displeased.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Actually, to me, it reminds me a LOT of Abaddon.

Every time I see something in the GW universe that has six eyes, it reminds me of Abaddon. :P It’s interesting that ANet has continued the six-eye theme through parts of GW2, but unfortunately, I doubt this particular monster is anything related to him.

The link that SkipOne posted for the Jungle Minion concept art seems to fit, and Toxic Hybrid would be an appropriate name for it (albeit not very creative).

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Its Scarlet’s new boyfriend of course.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: PhizMeister.8562

PhizMeister.8562

After all this time i finally realised who Scarlet actually is. She’s behind everything that happened, she does what she wants and works every time. Scarlet is Aizen because everything goes as planed.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

Kinda looks like a margonite, or a spider-man thing. didn’t abbadon originally get his godly powers from an old spider-god?
What if when she was ‘one with the eternal alchemy’ she found abbadon and is now working for him? or maybe she found mordremoth? I just think its highly plausible that she found something when she was there, and its what she is working for now.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Yes, it’s highly suspected it was some spider-related deity that Abaddon supplanted, called Arachnia. Problem is, knowledge of Arachnia currently only comes from unused GW1 PoI locations found in the gw.dat – so it’s not confirmed to be canon. However, there was a server named Arachnia in one of the very early BWEs… very interesting.

Abaddon is dead, so it’s unlikely she’s seen him. Mordremoth, on the other hand, is far more plausible, and would go a long way in redeeming the lore blackhole that is Scarlet at the moment.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

… didn’t abbadon originally get his godly powers from an old spider-god? …

Yes, it’s highly suspected it was some spider-related deity that Abaddon supplanted, called Arachnia. Problem is, knowledge of Arachnia currently only comes from unused GW1 PoI locations found in the gw.dat – so it’s not confirmed to be canon. However, there was a server named Arachnia in one of the very early BWEs… very interesting.

Oh really? I have either forgotten this or never knew it.

Now THAT would make for an interesting storyline for the Scarlet character. Not that she came upon Abaddon but that she came upon whatever was left of the spider-god, seeking revenge or rebirth through this creature that had pierced the veil to where this dethroned ‘god’ had been in ‘stasis’ .. waiting … for the right vessel to come along.

Suddenly makes me wonder if that was why some aspect of the Abaddon history had been the proposed FotM. hmmm Oops .. sorry Evon. lol

And yes .. I know .. it’s WISHFUL thinking!! But it’s something I’d like to see, anything that hooks onto those threads that kept me loving, and playing, GW1 nearly daily for the best part of 7 years .. and .. got me to buy the Collectors Edition of GW2 in anticipation of continuing the grand adventure. Except …. it’s been not so much of one AT ALL …. >.<

(edited by Cierdwyn.4675)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Looks very abaddon’ish. I hope Anet release tormented weapon skins one day, similar or identical to those in GW1

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Looks very abaddon’ish. I hope Anet release tormented weapon skins one day, similar or identical to those in GW1

Expect them to end up in the Black Lion Chests like most of the good ones nowadays.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Expect them to end up in the Black Lion Chests like most of the good ones nowadays.

Well at least they are buyable on TP now, even though I’d prefer them actually in-game. But that would be RNG anyways so not much difference; like the new TA path weapons. Glad I got the sword off TP before it shot up by 200+ gold when supply went low. Farming for it was too much effort.

Anyways, personally I like Scarlet and seeing more LS of her is expected since her part of the story hasn’t closed yet. Those of you who hate Scarlet, well that’s still a good thing. She’s a villain after all, if you really hate her that much then she’s doing her job.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

I believe Anet was intending (intentionally or not) to model Scarlet as a female Kefka-like character, but ended up making a not so good Joker clone from Batman. Kefka from Final Fantasy 6 is very similar in attitude and motivations, but you got a sense of self-loathing and frustration about the meaning of life, the universe etc. and his place in it through his lunacy. He had brief moments of clear, serious and foreboding thought, which would quickly end in an explosion of madness and cruelty.

Scarlet’s past story is also similar, with similar events making her crazy like Kefka and even her frustration with her place in the world and its meaning. What’s missing from Scarlet’s appearances so far is any reference to her backstory. What’s pushing her to be so menacing and focused on creating so much chaos? Why couldn’t she make her own way through less destructive means? We just get a feeling she’s doing it for the sake of it and there’s no depth so far. She shows abolutely no self reflection and is very one dimensional.

This may change soon though. I’m hoping the more we foil her plans in LS installments, the more questioning, irritated and desperate she becomes about the path she’s chosen. I think this latest edition of LS shows her focus turning more towards the dream/mists and control of magic with these Obelisks (magical control like Bloodstones) and the Spores/Thistle/Offshoots (which seem to connect with the dream or the mists like the Pale Tree can, but in a bad way).

This alone makes her character more interesting if done correctly, since it may all be a gambit to gain control over magic and therefore usurp the Pale Tree and other god-like entities, becoming god-like herself.

However, like many others, i’m tired of Scarlet and she’s sort of worn out her welcome. I would rather kill her in the next LS than explore her remaining story for a few more months. :P

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Those of you who hate Scarlet, well that’s still a good thing. She’s a villain after all, if you really hate her that much then she’s doing her job.

This is a fallacy – see my sig. There’s a huge difference between hating a villain because they’ve done reprehensible things and you’re eagerly looking forward to their comeuppance… and the fatigue of a two-dimensional character that you’d really just rather stopped wasting screentime.

Where Scarlet is concerned, “hate” really is too strong a term. The thing is that most, probably all, of her “haters” are actually totally indifferent to her – they want her gone so that ArenaNet can hopefully find plots that actually capture their interest.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I don’t think anyone hates Scarlet. She’s just despised by the community because she’s plain, boring and predictable. Almost as if she is a one dimensional paper about how to make a villain.

A mix between krait and NM court? Scarlet!

After toxic alliance it will be…

Alliance between bandits and Oakhearts? Scarlet!
Alliance between Arctodus and inquest? Scarlet!
Alliance between sons of Svanir and Renegades? Scarlet!

A mysterious alliance with unknown origins appea… Scarlet!

Also, according to some of the people from the Lore community, she seems to be a big lore breaker

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I suspect Scarlet killed already all Elder Dragons and absorbed all their magic power. The devs have to much “Angst” to tell is the truth.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

I believe Anet was intending (intentionally or not) to model Scarlet as a female Kefka-like character, but ended up making a not so good Joker clone from Batman. Kefka from Final Fantasy 6 is very similar in attitude and motivations, but you got a sense of self-loathing and frustration about the meaning of life, the universe etc. and his place in it through his lunacy. He had brief moments of clear, serious and foreboding thought, which would quickly end in an explosion of madness and cruelty.

Scarlet’s past story is also similar, with similar events making her crazy like Kefka and even her frustration with her place in the world and its meaning. What’s missing from Scarlet’s appearances so far is any reference to her backstory. What’s pushing her to be so menacing and focused on creating so much chaos? Why couldn’t she make her own way through less destructive means? We just get a feeling she’s doing it for the sake of it and there’s no depth so far. She shows abolutely no self reflection and is very one dimensional.

This may change soon though. I’m hoping the more we foil her plans in LS installments, the more questioning, irritated and desperate she becomes about the path she’s chosen. I think this latest edition of LS shows her focus turning more towards the dream/mists and control of magic with these Obelisks (magical control like Bloodstones) and the Spores/Thistle/Offshoots (which seem to connect with the dream or the mists like the Pale Tree can, but in a bad way).

This alone makes her character more interesting if done correctly, since it may all be a gambit to gain control over magic and therefore usurp the Pale Tree and other god-like entities, becoming god-like herself.

However, like many others, i’m tired of Scarlet and she’s sort of worn out her welcome. I would rather kill her in the next LS than explore her remaining story for a few more months. :P

It’s a good comparison you’ve made actually. If I recall correctly, Kefka’s back story was never really explained either so they are actually quite similar in this regard. The issue people have with Scarlet is that she seems to be involved with everything even if it seems implausible. How she manages to learn and master every trade and science she’s ever come across just exacerbates this problem.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

I completely disagree with trying to make “Scarlet’s story interesting.” The damage is already done, Anet. Even if she were to be included with some of good ole’ lore that we’re all begging for to be brought back, it still wouldn’t sound interesting. Every time we see/hear her name we’re going to cringe.

If their plan is to kill her off soon, great. If not, they need to just drop her. Turn her into one of the mysteries of the game-universe that the extremely small percent of players who approve of Scarlet will enjoy. The rest of us will just be thankful her reign is over.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I hope the next Living World is our final confrontation with Scarlet. The Pact seems to be helping The Great and Gorgeous Mesmer Collective. Does that mean we will see Trahearne as well?

I kinda miss him…
hides from angry mob

But seriously, why wouldn’t he at least talk about everything that is happening to his best friend and commander? Send me a letter or something, if he is not showing up at all.
A Secondborn was throwing Karka at people and got arrested for that? Not his problem.
Some pirates plus Inquest stole some of his ships? He doesn’t care.
The Lionguard kept one of the ships instead of giving it back to the Pact? Pff… Whatever.
An undead dragon, something that he is kind of an expert on, evolved? Like he gives a flying feather.

It makes no sense, and I hate when stuff makes no sense. It rustles my jimmies.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Did the krait prophets actually return?

Is it a massive Nightmare Court boss?

prophets would be interesting, another hybrid creature would not

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I doubt this LS is going to end Scarlet’s storyline. If I remember right, I think the devs said it’s going to extent into and end sometime next year. Plus, the rest of this year is already booked. The second part of this LS takes the rest of this month, and Wintersday is going to take up December. I wouldn’t put it past them to add a small LS into next month. Whether or not it is going to be related to Scarlet though, is anyone’s guess.

With the heavy Pact involved in this LS, I wouldn’t be surprised if she is labeled an immediate threat to Tyria next year, and the LS is going to revolve around trying to take her out. A cat and mouse game of us hunting her and her allies down, as well as the Pact trying to find her headquarters.

in Tower of Nightmares

Thobek.1730

I doubt this LS is going to end Scarlet’s storyline. If I remember right, I think the devs said it’s going to extent into and end sometime next year. Plus, the rest of this year is already booked.

The way I see it is with the negative feedback they are getting about scarlet and how this story is paced (not talking about 2 week patches) They will learn from their mistakes and only get better… fingers crossed.

Its just a shame the first major villain in the LS is a flop. Disliked by many for the wrong reasons.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Hmm I started off not really liking Scarlet but now I just don’t care either way and I’ll see where it ends up. Maybe the Reactor instance will be Scarlets back story while she was at the college and we’re aiding her. Could be interesting. Mainly I just want fancy clothes and weapons and if Scarlets story provides those, I’ll be happy.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

Those of you who hate Scarlet, well that’s still a good thing. She’s a villain after all, if you really hate her that much then she’s doing her job.

Wrong. If you say, you hate a well done villain, you are positivly lying because in fact you love the villain the way it is. This is not the case with this one. It’s boring and dull. The people don’t hate scarlet, they hate the fact, she is still there.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

The way I see it is with the negative feedback they are getting about scarlet and how this story is paced (not talking about 2 week patches) They will learn from their mistakes and only get better… fingers crossed.

Its just a shame the first major villain in the LS is a flop. Disliked by many for the wrong reasons.

We can only hope. The first year of any MMO is usually rocky, since the devs are trying to find a good balance of what is needed and what the players want. In the end, we can only hope that they build on the good ideas and learn from the bad ones.

Though, this in only my opinion, I don’t consider Scarlet a flop yet, since we still don’t know how her story ends, and we haven’t had much time to actually get to know her. I’m hoping that will change when we enter into the next leg of the LS, where we start fighting her on a more personal level, and not just her minions and flavor of the month alliances.

You can’t hate cardboard villain for being cardboard villain after all. Scarlet is as much of a victim of Anet’s writing, and horrible introduction, as everyone else.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

We can only hope. The first year of any MMO is usually rocky, since the devs are trying to find a good balance of what is needed and what the players want. In the end, we can only hope that they build on the good ideas and learn from the bad ones.

Though, this in only my opinion, I don’t consider Scarlet a flop yet, since we still don’t know how her story ends, and we haven’t had much time to actually get to know her. I’m hoping that will change when we enter into the next leg of the LS, where we start fighting her on a more personal level, and not just her minions and flavor of the month alliances.

You can’t hate cardboard villain for being cardboard villain after all. Scarlet is as much of a victim of Anet’s writing, and horrible introduction, as everyone else.

The funny thing is they were looking like they were doing better at slowly introducing a main character without being “surprise here is a character you need to automatically care about”. Having the shadowy figure be responsible for multiple invasions was an interesting step and opened up a lot of possibilities (e.g., people who hated Kiel were implicating her). Then they shifted gears and did another “surprise here is a character you should have heard about before but we didn’t bother letting you know”. What makes no sense is that we have both a sneaky and flamboyantly attention seeking version in the same package. Either version of Scarlet would have worked but I don’t see how they can justify both.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Indeed. I gather they started too late in the story to REALLY make it personal (ie: having us help Caera in various things before she turns to the Inquest and sets on the path to villainhood), but they could have benefited from having some gossip about the ‘sylvari prodigy’ that we start coming across before her official introduction – snuck in with a few unrelated rumours so it seems like it’s just part of an expansion to ambient conversations rather than being immediately identified as relevant to F&F. That way, when the two threads come together, we may have gone “ohhhhhhh…” rather than “where did THAT come from?!”

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

IMO the biggest problem is the “doses” of the plot line. Unfolding bits and pieces every 2 weeks from a story that is most likely written to span several months of releases. It needs to really touch on impact filled details each release or they need to roll out shorter bits each week that isn’t tied to adding new game assets. Players relate the story with the content too, which really dilutes it, so they end up having to develop this new content each release, which takes away from the story. It’s like we are watching a few scenes of GoT every two weeks.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Im waiting for Scarlet to form an alliance between the Candy corn elementals and the Sons of Svanir.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Now THAT would make for an interesting storyline for the Scarlet character. Not that she came upon Abaddon but that she came upon whatever was left of the spider-god, seeking revenge or rebirth through this creature that had pierced the veil to where this dethroned ‘god’ had been in ‘stasis’ .. waiting … for the right vessel to come along.

That type of tie-in would do a lot to redeem the Living Story and also Scarlet as a character, at least in my opinion.

If she’s channeling some old deity, that’d explain a lot of her beyond-believable character elements.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

That type of tie-in would do a lot to redeem the Living Story and also Scarlet as a character, at least in my opinion.

If she’s channeling some old deity, that’d explain a lot of her beyond-believable character elements.

This would be great. I’ve said it before, but I’m hoping she’ll be transformed into some kind of minion by biting off more than she can chew.

in Tower of Nightmares

Thobek.1730

Though, this in only my opinion, I don’t consider Scarlet a flop yet, since we still don’t know how her story ends,

I totally agree, I have read lots of ideas from players posting here that are very interesting and could make for a great ending to this story.

My main concern is the way they are telling this story, its making her flat and one dimensional. There is no development of her character instead just promises from Anet writers saying “hold on, give us a chance we haven’t revealed the big twist yet”

They did say all LS arc’s to date would come to a head at the release of the Queens Jubilee. Which it didn’t. We still don’t know for sure whether scarlet was behind the molten alliance, we can only assume since nothing concrete was revealed. We don’t know how she managed to create this army of pirates, or where or how she gained the resources… they just keep adding surface fluff without getting into the details.

in Tower of Nightmares

Thobek.1730

I think she is channelling the power of Mordremoth the jungle dragon, hence why she is able to spout red vines from her body.

I also believe it was him she saw in her vision as people go mad when they look into a dragons mind. This would also explain her crazy personality.

It would also explain why she is using these toxic plants. But it does seem to be killing off some vegetation which if I was the jungle dragon I wouldn’t be happy about that.

Still there are so many more questions – why pirates? why the molten alliance?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Yeah, I wasn’t too happy to see that little spoiler this morning, either. Like going to the dentist, I knew it was inevitable but I didn’t have to like it when the time finally came. :\

Nevertheless, interesting eyes on the creature behind her. Abaddon?

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Yeah, I wasn’t too happy to see that little spoiler this morning, either. Like going to the dentist, I knew it was inevitable but I didn’t have to like it when the time finally came. :\

Nevertheless, interesting eyes on the creature behind her. Abaddon?

Abaddon is no more.

But most of the creatures in GW2 that have 6 eyes are either demons or demonic in some way.

To me, that looks like some sort of plant-oni hybdrid, but considering how disappointing the story always is compared to anything I have imagined based on existing GW2 lore, the image will be probably be just artwork, and they’ll simply use the husks model in the game.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Scarlet is a terrible character. She’s better than anyone else at everything, and is responsible for everything. Even if they killed her off now, her mere existence would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe if they explained her as being some kinda prototype sylvari that possessed far more knowledge upon “birth” than normal…

That’d be kinda neat, actually – it’d help to explain her personality and could create tension between the Sylvari and the other races due to fear of their potential, resulting in some interesting politics.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Unlikely Alliance? Check.

Unrealistic, far reaching effects? Check. (Spores in the mists even, dude, wtf?)

Why would anyone suspect anyone other than Scarlet?

In four year’s time we’ll finally get to go to Cantha. Everyone will be excited, salivating at seeing what became of the Jade Brotherhood. Looking forward to seeing a Liquid Jade Sea and a statue of Master Togo in the Temple of Tahnnakai. Excited about going back to Shing Jea Monastery to see if all those Elementalists are still dancing there in their pants. Then…

Boom.

Scarlet fled here. MORE INVASIONS GUYS.

Troll…lol…….lol.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

They released the release teaser page for the twelfth . Looks fairly average.

ToN instance: 50/50 chance of being good(molten facility) or kitten (canach)

Gas Mask Helm: Cool
Breather/Backpack: kitten
Minis: No functionality so nobody (except collectors) cares
TriChest: 90/10 split between being kitten (Blues and Greens, gee thanks Aetherized Chests in TA) and being karka queen good.

They still have 3 more patches to keep promises made regarding new legendaries and Fractals.

Oh wow, they couldn’t even give us the trash glove/shoulder skins as a reward, you have to buy them from the cash shop.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

(edited by Brutal Arts.6307)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Would Canthan Undead, Zhaitan’s Risen, Am Fah, Margonites, Shiroken, Afflicted and Torment Creatures all allied togather be an interesting Alliance in Cantha?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

yaaay ! I love scarlet

Are you Shpongled?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Would Canthan Undead, Zhaitan’s Risen, Am Fah, Margonites, Shiroken, Afflicted and Torment Creatures all allied togather be an interesting Alliance in Cantha?

Don’t joke. Next we’ll be getting Ascalonian Ghosts and Risen: The Macabre Alliance.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Don’t joke. Next we’ll be getting Ascalonian Ghosts and Risen: The Macabre Alliance.

Still better love story than Toxiclight.
But srsly, nothing would surprise me anymore.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

Mordremoth doesn’t deserve to be tainted with Scarlet as her champion. Mordremoth deserve better than to pair up with that mary sue.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Egotist.3940

Egotist.3940

I really couldn’t play this game anymore….

[Blackgate] Blackout Barbie |
You can call me queen bee.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

That fact that so many people love as well as hate Scarlet to me indicates they’re doing a great job with this “bad guy”. Love or hate, she’s making people care about her presence returning.

It’s the bad guys you never remember or don’t care at all if they return that suck. If Scarlet is getting under your skin for good or ill then they’re doing it right.

You are refering to different types of love and hate.

You would be correct if the hate you are refering to was hate in regards to how evil and insidious she is, implying that she is a well written and developed character.

However the hate people have is over how poorly written she is and how poorly she is used. So the people aren’t hating her as a character so much as they are hating her as a plot device (does that remind you of any other Sylvari Anet has created for GW2?) That is a completely different type of hate than what your statement would require in order to be correct.

People aren’t complaining about the presence of Scarlet per se, they are complaining about Anet’s poor storytelling. And I have to agree, omniscient omnipotent characters who are pulled out of thin air to be a plot device leave a poor taste in my mouth as they simply are not believeable characters.

(edited by Ellisande.5218)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

That’s a nice piece. Good to see that they are getting their stride back with the new concept artist.