Skill point in home instance

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sargon.9048

Sargon.9048

I was really looking forward to being able to get a skill point each day from the reward from my home instance. However it would appear that you can only get one skill point ever from it.. whats the point? Charging crystals is useless (I have no need for them).. Being able to get a skill point each day would have been a nice reward.. I hope it gets changed later…

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I hear a lot of people say it’ll trivialize skill points but considering how easy they are to get as it is.. |:

I ? Karkas.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

One skill point, per character. 10 alts = 10 skill points.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Isn’t it also per day? I read somewhere that you can get a skill point once per day from it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

Isn’t it also per day? I read somewhere that you can get a skill point once per day from it.

The skill point did not reset after the server reset, or after 24 hours. It would appear safe to assume it is one-time only, per character.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I believe the intent was for Quartz crystal charging rather than a free SP every day. Although, I would love a free skill point every day, so yea, Anet get on that.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I was hoping it was a SP every day, but not disappointed that it’s not. There is a large amount of people who like the Celestial gear so that would be the number one reason for having this charging area at the home instance. It also could be a good foreshadowing that we’ll need to charge future crafting components.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It also could be a good foreshadowing that we’ll need to charge future crafting components.

Didn’t think about this, but it sounds entirely plausible.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yeah I think the main point is to work with the quartz crystal node, so people who want to make celestial armor have a slightly easier time doing it.

Personally it doesn’t bother me either way. I can’t seriously imagine myself taking the time to go back to my home instance every day for a skill point when I get more than I know what to do with already.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Yeah I think the main point is to work with the quartz crystal node, so people who want to make celestial armor have a slightly easier time doing it.

Personally it doesn’t bother me either way. I can’t seriously imagine myself taking the time to go back to my home instance every day for a skill point when I get more than I know what to do with already.

Yeah. If there was a band and TP access there it would be more plausible to visit daily. LA wouldn’t take much of a hit because the Mystic Forge would still be there. I have the quartz and candy corn nodes in my home instance and don’t visit daily to gather from them…. i should though

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jahiliyya.7095

Jahiliyya.7095

I just parked an alt there. Log in. 60 seconds later finish mining. Back to my main. Too easy.

Commander Jam, The Republic [SPQR] on Sanctum of Rall
Jumble Akimbo
Jahiliyya Akimbo

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

For the current uses for charged crystals, it’s mostly useless, beyond getting skill-ups for whatever characters you have. It’d be nice if they added future uses for charged ingredients though. I’d kill for something that uses Bloodstone dust in massive quantities to make something functional. I think I have about 40+ stacks of it.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

My node recharges every day. So far I have gotten 4 skill points from it….so I know it works. I have had it since day 3 of release. It also gives you a lot of exp each time you use it. I only do one toon per day.

Update: I was pretty sure I used the same toon at least twice since I camped them at the Selma WP in Divinity’s Reach, but tonight when I tried again with that toon, the skill point was not usable….so maybe I did do a different toon all 4 times?!

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

People who wanted to charge crystals did so in Hoelbrak, because it has the nearest place of power.

They probably saw that with their metrics.

Now those who want to charge crystals can do so in the city they want, instead going to Hoelbrak because of it being the easiest one.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

That would be kind of cool if it gave a skill point every day. Maybe just 1 a day max. That would give people (especially newer people) more reason to go to the home instance. I have like 200 skill scrolls in my bank. It’s not like 1 a day is going to cause chaos.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My node recharges every day. So far I have gotten 4 skill points from it….so I know it works. I have had it since day 3 of release. It also gives you a lot of exp each time you use it. I only do one toon per day…so maybe you all broke yours?!

If you’re doing a separate character every day, that’s why it seems to be recharging. Any character on your account can use the Obelisk once for 1 skill point. Go back there with a character who’s already used it; I bet you won’t be able to use it again on that character.