Story instance feedback(possible spoilers)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

I was a bit confused with how the story instance went down when I first ported to Kessex Hills, when first inside the instance I could already see the Tower as expected then when I got to the last part of the quest it somehow disappeared before Lady Kasmeer unveiled it again and I feel like it was a waste of time for Anet to make a cut scene for it as it wasn’t as dramatic as it could of been the first time seeing it.

Thanks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Subjective opinion on whether it was effective aside – that was a flashback, they just didn’t do the Wayne’s World “diddlie do’s”.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

last week = no tower.
this week = giant tower out of nowhere.

NPCs = Flashback, it was actually here the whole time, hidden from sight. Lady Kasmeer managed to break the spell.

I thought it was great. I was disappointed at first too, seeing how much change kessix hills had “randomly” undergone in a flash.
But once I got to the cutscene and they revealed it had been an illusion all along and only now are we seeing what was really happening, I was decently impressed for the first time in a long time with the storytelling.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

last week = no tower.

NPCs = Flashback, it was actually here the whole time, hidden from sight. Lady Kasmeer managed to break the spell.

I thought it was great. I was disappointed at first too, seeing how much change kessix hills had “randomly” undergone in a flash.
But once I got to the cutscene and they revealed it had been an illusion all along and only now are we seeing what was really happening, I was decently impressed for the first time in a long time with the storytelling.

So you failed to see the tower before Lady Kasmeer broke the spell? Not sure if it was a bug or intended but in my instance it was there from the start.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

last week = no tower.

So you failed to see the tower before Lady Kasmeer broke the spell? Not sure if it was a bug or intended but in my instance it was there from the start.

She broke the spell before you got there.
What the NPC’s showed you was a flashback explaining why you can see the tower.