Tower of Nightmares Original Story Instance

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ZephyrKAS.7013

ZephyrKAS.7013

Q:

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get the living story instance for the Tower of Nightmares? Or did it disappear when the update happened bringing in The Nightmare Within and ending Mad King? I can get to the tower fine, but I know originally the instance was supposed to happen automatically when you entered Kessex. I haven’t played the tower yet, but I haven’t been able to find a way to view the story instance. Thanks.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

A:

Unfortunately the introductory story instance is no longer accessible since Nightmares Within was released. Not a move I agree with, but that’s how it stands at the moment.

Personally I think one should be able to talk to Helper Dee and replay the introduction that way.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ZephyrKAS.7013

ZephyrKAS.7013

Thank you for answering my question! I had searched the forum for this topic, not realizing until after I posted that the instance was named “The Nightmare Unveiled” and this question had been posed before. I also think it couldn’t be that hard to leave access to the instance! I don’t care about the achievement point; it is the story instances that I enjoy best out of the game. As such this is very disappointing.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hao.5724

Hao.5724

I have the same problem with you, and I think there’re many other ppl like us, wish anet could solve this problem or there will be noway to get the achievement called “The Nightmare Unveiled”!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

I too cannot finish the “Tower of Nightmares” achievement since the daily offshoots do not work and you cannot complete the story achievement…No obelisk for me i guess

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

There is still time to earn the Tower of Nightmares achievement rewards; true, you can no longer do ‘The Nightmare Unveiled’ but there are still plenty of dailies left to fill in the gaps. As for the daily Toxic Gardener achievement – the one for the Toxic Offshoots – try doing an offshoot in Kessex Hills, Gendarran Fields, Brisban Wildlands, Queensdale, or Caledon Forest.