in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

I wrote everyone down with old fashion paper and pen so no it is bugged

Toxic Krait Historian - awful experience

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

The system is working as intended. What most people don’t tend to realize is that capping obelisks functions in the same way as capping skill points does. If a mob strikes you in the process capping is interrupted. Word of advice kill all mobs before capping and double check once you have capped. Your only able to cap an obelisk once, so it’s not to much trouble to double check.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Its not a poor system. Turn on the achievement tracker in upper right corner of screen and watch the achievement level up. I have zero sympathy anyone who whines about things because there to ignorant to figure out the most basic of gameplay concepts.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

Theres another thread of us all trying to figure out what exactly happened. Its a rare glitch involving the transcriber and doing some before/after the patch. Its happened to only a small amount of us but its like the shark skillpoint on launch – some could get it, others couldn’t. Hard to track and hard to fix.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ChevelleDeluna.1386

ChevelleDeluna.1386

It has to be a bug. A friend and I did all 24 together. He got the achiev and I didnt. I even went back and revisited all 24 (checked off WITH pen and paper.. ) Theyre all completed but im stuck at 23/24.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The one getting missed is in MOunt Maelstrom. I almost skimmed right over it, the Dulfy notes are not clear. That is where it is.

http://i.imgur.com/2ushnEp.jpg

How is it not clear? I mentioned there are 4 shards at the top for Maelstrom. The first two rows contains shard 1-3 and the third row contains shard 4.

I even marked it as Krait Obelisk 1-3 and Krait Obelisk 4.

If it helps, I can include the 4th one in the map for 1-3 as well but I divided it up initially since the 4th location was discovered later and closer to another waypoint

Your notes are clear. It’s just that some people are relying on the image of the overall map with the locations rather than reading your entire guide.

Okay I have adjusted it now so all 4 locations are marked in 1 pic. Hopefully that will solve some issues

I only see 3 on that map. It states that there’s 4 but you only give the locations of 3. Where is the 4th?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There are 4 red circles on her Mount Maelstrom map. Try clearing your cache or refreshing the page or something, maybe?

I went to every red circle on Dulfy, though I didn’t look at her guide until I’d found the six in Kessex and Caledon on my own. I wanted to find them all myself but I had guildies waiting on me to RP and time became a factor. Alas, I hit 23/24 and stuck. I’ll go back on another alt tomorrow night, I think, when I don’t have to get up at 6:30 in the morning the next day.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lethokrates.5139

Lethokrates.5139

I went back through. I was positive I did every single one. I thought I was in the same boat as the Diving Goggle Challenge, which btw, was NEVER fixed. (I still don’t have it.) But I found one in Gendarren fields that wasn’t ticked. How that’s possible I don’t know. The game REALLY needs some way to tick off which ones are done. At least if it said the number per map left done, then we wouldn’t have to do every single map over again. It was a bit time consuming to find this one that was somehow not ticked. And it took long enough in the first place. And, while I’m at it, why doesn’t the ingame bug reporting feature ever have the correct pull down options for something like this?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The one getting missed is in MOunt Maelstrom. I almost skimmed right over it, the Dulfy notes are not clear. That is where it is.

http://i.imgur.com/2ushnEp.jpg

How is it not clear? I mentioned there are 4 shards at the top for Maelstrom. The first two rows contains shard 1-3 and the third row contains shard 4.

I even marked it as Krait Obelisk 1-3 and Krait Obelisk 4.

If it helps, I can include the 4th one in the map for 1-3 as well but I divided it up initially since the 4th location was discovered later and closer to another waypoint

Your notes are clear. It’s just that some people are relying on the image of the overall map with the locations rather than reading your entire guide.

Okay I have adjusted it now so all 4 locations are marked in 1 pic. Hopefully that will solve some issues

I only see 3 on that map. It states that there’s 4 but you only give the locations of 3. Where is the 4th?

She has four on the map, describes where all four are, and has pictures of each one.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I still think that SAB bauble collection without tracking was by far the worst. Nothing like spending 2 hours hunting baubles, get to the end of the zone, and no achievement. And you have no idea which one(s) you missed.

Adding tracking is such an obvious quality of life feature, I can’t believe they haven’t added it yet.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Interestingly, within the achivement panel, certain achivements show a suggest location to go to for the achivement (e.g. Mystic Forgesmith says go to Lions Arch), so there’s not reason why this can’t be done for these sorts of tracking achivements, and remove the locations as you complete them

At least if you’ve missed 1 or 2, the locations left showing would help narrow down the search required.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Or just add more Obelisks than you need to complete..

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Yeah. I’m 23/24—I wish I had a checklist UI that I could reference to make sure I got all of them…this sucks…now I have to retrace my steps.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

EVERY SINGLE TIME we’ve had achievements like this (Scarlet invasions, Queen’s hot air ballons, etc.) we’ve complained about not being able to track the achievements — and here we are again!

You just have to bring out a pen and paper to track yourself and also make sure to check every time you’ve done the job that you actually have been credited for it.

It’s like they don’t learn from their mistakes or something.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.