Why so easy?

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Why is it so easy?
Youre completely wasting that awesome combat system you created by zerging and fluffy mobs!
Im a glas cannon thief (of course) and the mobs are not dangerous at all. Havnt seen any elite yet, but that Zerg will kill it in 1sec without any effort.

Are you aware that (out of my experience) 60% or more of the playbase simply dont understand the combat system at all?

Why have you even created this? with the content youre releasing it would be totally enough to jsut be able to stand still and autoshot. Thats whats going on there in the living story!

No challenge at all.

Players who like a challenge need to solo dungeons and champions (which of course is pretty fun) which are unchanged since release …

Well take it or leave it!my point of view is your ruining this game, the mobs are awesome the whole style is just great …. but….. they hit like fluffy flufs from fluffy – land

You know why so many players complain that content is too hard? they are bad.
So why are they bad? because they dont get challenged at all in open world…so they dont learn, they run around with bear and bow and kill everything.. of course no champions because they are way to hard as they are a group event anyway.

in beta it was all pretty cool, mobs are dangerous etc. but you nerfed it to DEATH!!!!

IMPROVE YOUR COMBAT SYSTEM!!!! make fun , dynamic challenging fights!! not fluffy fluff fluff storys… oh sry of course the “toxic-alliance” (i guess?) is pretty dangerous they even have a downstate, after i onehitted them with backstab i still need to press F or they mabye get rezzed :O but anyway!

The combat system is the best thing this game has to offer. but sadly you dont care it seems. you always create new enemies but in the last updates they are just sad and easy.

Blùb [LuPi]

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

You are so right. They have an amazing combat system at their disposal but they dont use it….

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s a sub 80 zone. It shouldn’t have complex combat mechanics that challenge the most experienced players. Save that for (hopefully) the instance.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Ram Banson.4081

I just found an elite, its pretty cool thanks, maybe shouldnt have posted this so soon

Attachments:

Blùb [LuPi]

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Ram Banson.4081

It’s a sub 80 zone. It shouldn’t have complex combat mechanics that challenge the most experienced players. Save that for (hopefully) the instance.

Well the living story (which lead me there) is kinda the “End-game content” isnt it?
But youre right hopefully there will be an instance

the instanced story was fluffy as everything… oh wait there was a chap which even was able to kill majore :O

Attachments:

Blùb [LuPi]

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Maybe becouse this is one of those patches where you will get people complaining that things are so easy? And then, some other time, you will have a different patch with some other people complaining that things are so hard?

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

This is not the main update for the Nightmare Tower. This is a preliminary one. If you are expecting another Aetherpath… Just wait for the next couple of updates, I’m sure they will be more involved and instanced.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Lol. Again complaining about free content – and not even really constructive criticism. Just saying it’s too easy for them. These kinds of posts just bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart. Really, they do. My two cents is that it’s a cool concept to completely open the world up in this type of fashion and in a major way. The combat isn’t so easy, challenging for me actually. Nice job ANet and keep the freebies coming!

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

I’m willing to bet that far, far more players do this event than the Teq event or TA Aether event. Many players like easy content, I am one of them…..

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Leala.4172

Leala.4172

I agree with what Hobbitz posted. In fact, my guild who have played a number of MMO’s together for years (AoC, GW1, FFXIV, Rift, SWTOR, Wow), quit playing GW2 (with the exception of myself) because of the difficulty in dungeons especially.

Call them bad players as I’m pretty sure you will. I call them people with a life and the stresses that come with that life. They don’t want to come home and have their fun time one shot constantly. It’s super frustrating and compounds a frustrating real world day. They don’t have all day to figure out how to use combos properly and gear up their character. So because they can’t see the content, they play other games.

Disagree all you want and argue playing styles, I’m just stating fact from my personal experience. I would love for them to all come back and play. Making this game harder would absolutely ensure that they never will. I would also really like to see two (or more) tiers of content with some choosing easy mode so they can enjoy it and others can have hard mode so they get their challenge. GW1 was brilliant in that way and we all played that for years because we had a choice.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

This is a level 15-20 (right?) zone, if you are level 80 and well equipped you will have a huge advantage over the mobs.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

As a new player who has struggled but still had fun with the Mad King’s Labyrinth, I thought it was cool to see this new area in a lower-level location. That said, even I think it’s a bit too easy given the sheer numbers of people around.

Champions go down in under a minute, and there seem to be tons and tons of them around, too.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

As a new player who has struggled but still had fun with the Mad King’s Labyrinth, I thought it was cool to see this new area in a lower-level location. That said, even I think it’s a bit too easy given the sheer numbers of people around.

Champions go down in under a minute, and there seem to be tons and tons of them around, too.

Give it time for people who rush achievements to finish them and you’ll see things changing. I bet next week the number of players doing living world events will have already more than halved.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Ram Banson.4081

because of the difficulty in dungeons especially.

Call them bad players as I’m pretty sure you will. I call them people with a life and the stresses that come with that life. They don’t want to come home and have their fun time one shot constantly. It’s super frustrating and compounds a frustrating real world day. They don’t have all day to figure out how to use combos properly and gear up their character. So because they can’t see the content, they play other games.

Are…a..are you serious?
I guess you find subject alpha pretty hard too, i will explain to you how to do this fight.

Stack melee (perferable in a corner (and no this isnt a exploit just a tactic because spreaded ranging is just ridiculous)) do your best dmg roation and every time he castes his aoe, count: 1- 2 – dodge. thats it (you will soon have a feeling in your stomach, some strangers call it “intuition”) you can dodge his fire which is quite a strong burning in melee if you just watch his animation (its very obvious and he do it every time after he used the aoe /spike , sometimes he just summon grubs). You can avoid his spike by standing in his target circle, or just dodge it by watching his animation ( maybe you see that that is the whole point of every fight)

The whole problem with ppl who find things to hard, they arent willing AT ALL!!! to learn this new playstyle, and it just has to do with agility, ofc some ppl arent good at it, but i am one of them ( the doctor said im “slow” its kinda like “hyper active” but the opposite anyways once you rly learned it , which is very simple, dungeons are very easy if you dont do them solo.

Sry for off topic but youre statement realy shocked me and maybe that wil help you…

BTW: A-net could just make a tutorial like in gw1, where you get real teachings instead of a story where you become a hero by nothing but auto-shooting…
ppl are like " oh wow that shortbow autoatack compared with my bear is really strong, that should work everywhere "

Blùb [LuPi]

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

For every one person that says content is too easy, there are like five that say its too hard. I can tell you that last night my GF and I were playing together and went to Kessex Hills. We didn’t realize it would start the solo story instance immediately, but whatever we didn’t care. I finished it without difficulty. My GF quit not even halfway through because she thought it was too hard.

Not everyone wants to play in a manner that requires dodging, watching conditions carefully, etc. Some people want to be able to mindlessly target things and burn them down with skill rotations. Personally as a gamer I prefer the former, but since this game is supposedly casual friendly, they need to cater to those that don’t want to have to think too much about combat.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Dunno about hard, but downright RNG about being kitty cat and alpha predator.

Was fighting a elite today, and the attack rotation from it went something like this:

Notice that 1300 there? That is 4-5 times higher than the rest (that means that if it was a crit, that elite was packing a crit increase of 400%!). And i swear there was no noticeable tell that it was coming (or it could have played for the split second i was checking my skill cooldowns).

That is the kind of design that leads people to building glass cannons, as that sudden damage spike was enough to remove a third of my non-glass engineer on the spot. Meaning the fight went from me being reasonably in control to “oh, crap! heal heal heal!!!”.

As for dodging, this fight was on the walkways around the new tower. Dodge there and you are liable to get wet…

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Ram Banson.4081

Isnt that exactly the combat system? its all about dodging. And not watching conditions? WTH?! There is something called TV where you get mindless entertainment.

I mean thats the whole point, ppl come from MMOs where it is all about rotations, to this where it is all about dodging and attention.
Than they find its too hard (no willingness to learn ofc) complain in the forums, and it gets nerfed to death… sad, just sad.
I´m only curious now, why the devs made the effort to create such a combat system and than kill it again with that ridiculous zerging stuff etc.
I think all the ppl who “dont like challenges” would be very statisfied with 1 auto atack , a story like “villian atacked , heroes defeated it” and muchmuchmuch loot…

Blùb [LuPi]

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

digiowl.9620

There is dodging and there is CS style constant rabbit jumping around…

The game all too often seems aimed at the latter. So much so that i wonder why it don’t have a FPS control scheme…

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Meh there is no dodging necessary here, just need to stand in 1 spot and spam some skills. Don’t act like this is actually hard lol. Conditions, what conditions? They do no damage anyways. Didn’t use a single condition clear.

All is vain.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

because of the difficulty in dungeons especially.

Are…a..are you serious?
I guess you find subject alpha pretty hard too, i will explain to you how to do this fight.

Stack melee (perferable in a corner (and no this isnt a exploit just a tactic because spreaded ranging is just ridiculous)) do your best dmg roation and every time he castes his aoe, count: 1- 2 – dodge. thats it (you will soon have a feeling in your stomach, some strangers call it “intuition”) you can dodge his fire which is quite a strong burning in melee if you just watch his animation (its very obvious and he do it every time after he used the aoe /spike , sometimes he just summon grubs). You can avoid his spike by standing in his target circle, or just dodge it by watching his animation ( maybe you see that that is the whole point of every fight)

The whole problem with ppl who find things to hard, they arent willing AT ALL!!! to learn this new playstyle, and it just has to do with agility, ofc some ppl arent good at it, but i am one of them ( the doctor said im “slow” its kinda like “hyper active” but the opposite anyways once you rly learned it , which is very simple, dungeons are very easy if you dont do them solo.

Sry for off topic but youre statement realy shocked me and maybe that wil help you…

BTW: A-net could just make a tutorial like in gw1, where you get real teachings instead of a story where you become a hero by nothing but auto-shooting…
ppl are like " oh wow that shortbow autoatack compared with my bear is really strong, that should work everywhere "

Big problem is the AI of bosses in general, they stop doing attack that would brutally oneshot everyone if they were in melee…yet those bosses stop doing them !! this is totally idiotic…GW2 is still too friendly towards players, you find challenge in something like the first …3-5 times you do it ? then it turns out to be easy peasy once you learn some stupid glitch etc.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I wonder if it’s possible for ANet to scale the hp of enemies dynamically to how many people are in the nearby area.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

digiowl.9620

I wonder if it’s possible for ANet to scale the hp of enemies dynamically to how many people are in the nearby area.

Could have sworn they already do.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Seriously, go do Teq, go run Arah or cof p3, wait for queens gauntlet to come back. Or just wait till everyone has their achievements then come back to this zone in a week. It will be hard then. The hardcore crowd has gotten plenty of updates. This is coming from someone who has played since beta, goes into wvw (where you really should be going if you need a challenge anyway), has 6,900 achievement points and knows all the classes and game mechanics. Leave my easy to do with friends, non frustraiting content alone.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Zergs are never going to be hard (at least not in the way of killing off players). Its the nature of the zerg, even one-shot mechanics are easily defeated by mass rezzing.

Some of the new enemies are rather dangerous to single players or small groups, though. The archers in particular seem to do high amounts of damage if left alone, and the Krait mages throw down a lot of AoE fields.

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

For the people who think this is too easy: There are casual gamers out there who do not necessarily know the ins and outs of the games like you. But there are a few people who seem to be unsympathetic to those players saying “Play better”. Not everyone has the time to learn the game like you. There is no reason to be rude about it. This content may not have been designed for you it might have been designed for more casual players.

For those who think it is too hard: There are real hard core gamers out there who find high difficulty levels thrilling. They want to have to work really hard to beat things, it gives them a sense of accomplishment. This content may not have been designed for you it might have been designed for more hard core players.

Anet needs to find a balance between really difficult stuff and really easy stuff. They did pretty well with the difference between Super Adventure Box and Super Adventure Box tribulation mode. I think they need to do that more to keep both casual and hardcore gamers interested and happy.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

Why so easy?

in Tower of Nightmares

Ram Banson.4081

For the people who think this is too easy: There are casual gamers out there who do not necessarily know the ins and outs of the games like you. But there are a few people who seem to be unsympathetic to those players saying “Play better”. Not everyone has the time to learn the game like you. There is no reason to be rude about it. This content may not have been designed for you it might have been designed for more casual players.

For those who think it is too hard: There are real hard core gamers out there who find high difficulty levels thrilling. They want to have to work really hard to beat things, it gives them a sense of accomplishment. This content may not have been designed for you it might have been designed for more hard core players.

Anet needs to find a balance between really difficult stuff and really easy stuff. They did pretty well with the difference between Super Adventure Box and Super Adventure Box tribulation mode. I think they need to do that more to keep both casual and hardcore gamers interested and happy.

Learning it doesnt take much time just a bit willingness which is missing.
I respect everyones learning process.
The whole Problem is that the most content which get released is nothng but dumb grinding and zerging (yes grinding, there is intense grind going on INTENSE GRIND)
and than ofc the playerbase is bad, for the most part, being “casual” is just an excuse i am a casual too , i dont play 24/7, but because its a mmo you play it a while, maybe months maybe years, whatever, so everyone can learn it, its so simple , there is nothing “pro” about it, or superior.

but anyways i dont care anymore… anet doesnt care either, they make enough money with gem store stuff, and thats what its all about, isnt it?

have a good day.

Blùb [LuPi]