Zerging is getting ridiculous

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Ok lol so I log in to the game patch day and already have the meta nearly completed. Why? Zerging. I log in hoping to explore the new patch having finished all the Halloween stuff and what do I see? Tons of commnders and a giant cluster of zerg in Kessex.

That’s really fun and engaging.

World v World should be renamed to “Who has the bigger zerg?”
Living Story should be “Zerg for achievement points every month”
Guild Wars 2 should be “Zerg Wars 2”
… you get the idea.

I mean really, can we expect to see anything else in the future that doesn’t just translate to “Here’s the next zerg for achievement points”? Because as I said, it’s getting out of control. This game is just zergs everywhere and it really takes away from the fun.

(edited by Moderator)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Anyone else getting a bit sick of everything being mindless zerging?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Vex.3021

Vex.3021

I’m kinda disappointed, they named the patch tower of nightmares but u don’t get to actually explore it, is just another patch where u gotta kill thousands of mob waves.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

sigh…

I hope its not just the 2 min instance and the Event zerg for content….

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

zerg zerg zerg…..until the end of times….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

Zerg wars 2. This game has so much potential yet Anet wants us to run around mindlessly with 120 other players spamming the hell out of our skills just to tag one monster.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Open world content will always be a zerg, how many people constitute a zerg anyway? 20? 30?

The next patch will probably inside the tower since thats clearly where the plot is going. Also, give it a few days and the majority of the zerg will have moved on.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

No Guild Wars 2 should be renamed to Zerg Warriors 2, Warriors with 6k AP or STFU!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Zerg Wars 2 ….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think that’s the inevitable with open world content, especially at launch. It’s always going to be filled with massive zergs but this time they’ve done an excellent job of creating a variety of events to do and some of the events scale really well.

Come back towards the end of the month to see less people doing it once they’ve got their achievements.

I strongly support how “easy” they are. Without a zerg (and there will be people doing this later on without the aid of the launch day zerg) the events can be very challenging and move along slowly. The achievements are in the Living World category so they are temporary. A lot of people will be relieved it’s not a massive grind to get this stuff done. So far I think they did a good job of creating some fun open world content. The zerg is inevitable.

I seriously doubt the tower is just for show. I’m confident it will be opened in a later patch.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

It’s a double-edged sword.

Arenanet could take all of the achievements and increase their values for completion x100, but then everyone would complain about it being too grindy, and casuals wouldn’t stand a chance.

We could leave achievements at their current value, but as you’ve indicated, the presence of day 1 Content Zergs allows most players to rush the content. This leaves those players who rushed feeling empty and not satisfied with the pacing.

There is no easy way to solve the dilemma, despite what anyone may say. The one area I can see that would add more time length to each piece of content, would be if each release had a dungeon, group instance, or any kind of improved difficulty that would take multiple attempts for SMALL GROUPS to accomplish. Anything that is open world can ultimately be nullified by numbers, so it would have to be instanced.

It’s a delicate balance Anet is trying to strike.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

much prefer open world content such as this than instanced content

instances are a plague on mmorpgs

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I agree 100%. I just logged off. WTF ANET!
You guys had a massive opportunity to make a really really cool dungeon that could even be the elite dungeon everyone wanted but instead you made it the same as every other bloody LS since release. ZERG FOR ACHIEVE and a glowey reskin weapon.

This is beyond bad. I had sooo hoped that you would listen to the community and give us something new and exciting but instead we get the same zergy boring crap over and over.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tower of Nightmares

Stormcrow.7513

Yep, they missed the ball with that giant tower. It could have been the elite dungeon people crave but no…we get the kittening zerg again…
Why even bother to get into the LS? Achieve? Reskinned weapons?
If that tower isnt opened in the future then I have 0 hope remaining for the future of GW2.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Here’s an idea

Disable commander tags in pve

in Tower of Nightmares

Beast Sos.1457

I think that’s the inevitable with open world content, especially at launch. It’s always going to be filled with massive zergs but this time they’ve done an excellent job of creating a variety of events to do and some of the events scale really well.

Come back towards the end of the month to see less people doing it once they’ve got their achievements.

I strongly support how “easy” they are. Without a zerg (and there will be people doing this later on without the aid of the launch day zerg) the events can be very challenging and move along slowly. The achievements are in the Living World category so they are temporary. A lot of people will be relieved it’s not a massive grind to get this stuff done. So far I think they did a good job of creating some fun open world content. The zerg is inevitable.

I seriously doubt the tower is just for show. I’m confident it will be opened in a later patch.

Your right, with open world content there will always be zergs. This is the main reason y Anet needs to start doing instanced content. They dont have to stop with these open world events but when it comes down to the Tower of Nightmares and content like that, it should always be instanced for a decent amount of ppl to enter.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

You guys had a massive opportunity to make a really really cool dungeon that could even be the elite dungeon everyone wanted but instead you made it the same as every other bloody LS since release. ZERG FOR ACHIEVE and a glowey reskin weapon.

This is beyond bad. I had sooo hoped that you would listen to the community and give us something new and exciting but instead we get the same zergy boring crap over and over.

An “Elite dungeon” full of bosses with two abilities (one being a one shot,) gobs of health, and a bunch of blues and greens for loot? Sounds awesome, too bad we didn’t get (another) one of those instead… I don’t mind all the large group, open world content we get – feels more epic than doing scripted events with 4 other people.

in Tower of Nightmares

Stormcrow.7513

I will admit that there are those who enjoy Zerg Wars 2 but the reality is that this LS is the very very same as most other LS.

Scarlet invasion comes to mind. It is almost the exact same but instead of clockwork you get glowey krait. Grind your achieve from the zerg.

Anet has failed with ALL LS IMO with the exception of flame and frost dungeon.

Mindless zerging is not fun to me anymore after a year of the same stuff.

The opening cutscene was great and I really enjoyed that but after that it is just join the zerg and grind your samples for AP.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

well, they could figure out a way to make the open world so it’s not so mindless

but I’d much rather have this open world content than instances any day of the week. Instances suck, say no to instanced content

in Tower of Nightmares

displacedTitan.6897

Didnt we just have the Aetherpath that everyone complained about being to hard??

These forums are filled with people who dont know what they want and then come to rage about it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Stormcrow.7513

GW1 instanced content> any GW2 content.

GW2=Ursan Zerging.

in Tower of Nightmares

displacedTitan.6897

If any of you honestly believe they made that tower with no plan to have us enter it you need to go back to first grade where they teach you some basic critical thinking skills.

in Tower of Nightmares

Arrow.3856

I logged in 20 mins…left :/ At least I didnt have expectations this time.

Unicorn)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

You do realize that this is not all there is to this update? We are going to at some point find a way to break into it, and have the anti-toxin for all the poisons around it.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

If any of you honestly believe they made that tower with no plan to have us enter it you need to go back to first grade where they teach you some basic critical thinking skills.

It’s not critical thinking skills that is lacking… it’s a more simple concept called Common Sense….

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Tower of Nightmares

Arrow.3856

It’s not critical thinking skills that is lacking… it’s a more simple concept called Common Sense….

We’ll be able to enter it in a month or two. Get used to zerging for the next few weeks.

Unicorn)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You do realize that this is not all there is to this update? We are going to at some point find a way to break into it, and have the anti-toxin for all the poisons around it.

Probably not for another two weeks though. So its two weeks of zerging (haven’t been home yet to see if this is true), and then maybe another 13 days of being able to do the dungeon if thats what it is, and then poof, gone again, just like Molten Weapon Facility and all the other LS stuff…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Question: Is the event pinpointed to one location causing everyone to zerg in one spot, or is everyone just following the Blue Doritos from point to point mindlessly like sheep?

PVE Zerging is only because people choose to play that way. You don’t NEED to zerg in the Halloween Labyrinth. You can easily run about without the zerg and still do everything. You didn’t need to zerg for the Invasions. Actually smaller parties doing those invasion event circles helped close them faster as the event didn’t scale the enemies to have insane amounts of HP.

People don’t need to zerg the champ train farms… They choose to. They only place a zerg is needed and really warranted is in WvW.

If this event forces everyone to one spot, then a valid point of zerging is warranted and my argument is null and void. If it’s more of an option, then people, you really need to start thinking outside the box here and stop being lemmings.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Zerging is just for people that want to faceroll through content by auto attacking. You ways have a choice.

in Tower of Nightmares

Stormcrow.7513

Critical thinking has not been in Anet offices since beta….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Zerging is just for people that want to faceroll through content by auto attacking. You ways have a choice.

Not when they start facerolling in your content taking it before you can experience it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Arrow.3856

Critical thinking has not been in Anet offices since beta….

I like this one. More interesting then ArenaNets latest patch

Unicorn)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I don’t like the mindlessness of zerging either (or all the spell clutter on my screen). They can control the zerg by:

- Creating multiple, distant activities that must be done simultaneously to reach some goal
- Reduce the maximum zone capacity before spawning a new overflow
- Some combination of the above, or something I haven’t though of

The latter sounds nice, but may have some technical hurdles we’re not aware of. For example, it might be much easier to process 100 players in one zone, than processing two copies of the zone with 50 players each.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

It just free AP way to easy….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Izdubar.9540

Izdubar.9540

A great alternative to a zerg would be to revert the game back a few years in MMO history where quest items and quest mobs were tapped by the first player to get them leaving you and a dozen or so others to fight it out over the next spawn.

Let me tell you it was great fun doing that!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ayamidesu.9873

ayamidesu.9873

I enjoy the zerg, makes me feel i’m part of a big world. Also it’s gonna dye out soon enough and there will be less people running around so just be patient

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Is this all that’s in the update? Wow, I came in with zero expectations and still got disappointed. I’ll just be over in this corner waiting for dungeon updates.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I too am getting sick of this zerg content.

You know, I’d actually like to enjoy your beautiful game ANet. But instead, I have to turn my graphics down to crap level in order to actually PLAY your game.

I’m tired of trying to race to events so I can get credit. This is just so old and tiresome.

edit: I just bought the original GW last week and I have to say, at this moment I’d rather go back and play that right now. I love GW2’s combat and looks, but the content and story isn’t seeming as good as when we first started this game.

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

hmm interesting that so many ppl are talking about the zergs I went to Brisban wildlands to do the events I was the only one there doing them…(ps I play on HoD)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I do wish we’d get better content then “stand in the event circle and fire off your AOE stuff for 5 minutes.”

I think the devs just need to face that too many people in one place is actually lame. There’s nothing you can do to make it better. It’s just too much. A blob of crap going on onscreen and key mashing. What’s exciting about this? It’s a dumb-fire event.

Smaller instanced content can show off amazing stuff like the Fractals did so well, but we hardly get any.

in Tower of Nightmares

Beast Sos.1457

Is this all that’s in the update? Wow, I came in with zero expectations and still got disappointed. I’ll just be over in this corner waiting for dungeon updates.

Honestly, this is the funniest thing ive read all day lmaoooo. Zero expectations and was still disappointed hahahaha. I’m literally dying from laughter right now!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Another method to at least reduce the massive rush that leads to zerging is to abandon the 2 week patch cycle and clearly state how long the contents of each patch remain.

I mean, if somewhere Anet communicated how long this content is available I would be less urged to do it now. If the availability was 4-8 weeks instead of 2-4 I would be less urged to do it now. But no, leaving players in the dark where you can to optimize daily concurrent user statistics seems to be more important then the actual play experience.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Didnt we just have the Aetherpath that everyone complained about being to hard??

These forums are filled with people who dont know what they want and then come to rage about it.

The people complaining about mindless zerging is not usually the same that found Aetherpath hard.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

The people complaining about mindless zerging is not usually the same that found Aetherpath hard.

Lol the aetherpath. smh…. If thats what people deem hard content, there is no hope for this game….

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Aetherblades path was maybe a 5 on difficulty with the majority of it due to your group’s competency than any direct challenge.

in Tower of Nightmares

Stormcrow.7513

Aetherblade was fun and definitely not difficult.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

with every new update comes a new zerg. It wont change, I don’t mind if there’s one to be honest but I thought I make it more entertaining for me today. I logged onto my level 14 and run in the area. I found a zerg after 3 seconds The Commanders asked me if I had a drug problem since lower levels are not allowed in that area. I think it’s funny because I kept myself alive, sure there were some moments I died. (its a low level character for crying out loud) I never dodged as much and pray’d that my healing skill would get out of cool down. Every level 80 fully geared character can run around in this area, but running it on a lower level one is so much more fun.

Reason I am typing all this is, I think that no matter how much someone hates the new updates or zergs in those areas, it’s up to the player him/herself to make it enjoyable. I could of run on my 80s fully naked too. All I’m trying to explain is that maybe you guys look beyond the zerg and just try to enjoy the game somehow. After some days the zerg will be gone anyways.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Zerg Wars 2. All of the clever mob design goes to waste because I’m just here to spam 1 while I drink my coffee.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

The zergs are out of hand, don’t get me wrong, they are great for champs( I can’t solo those things) and mega bosses, but for things as intracate as bringing bombs to the mini spore towers or finding a mortar or golem, its nothing but lag and invisible mobs and objects.

Anet really needs to stop hurting the low end players such as my self.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I’m kinda disappointed, they named the patch tower of nightmares but u don’t get to actually explore it, is just another patch where u gotta kill thousands of mob waves.

You get a sword, you swing a sword you kill a mob, then you kill 10mobs.. "we at ANET find this not very interesting, this is one of the reasons we believe GW2 is great, it doesn’t follow that old, tired MMO model….. ooh wait, omg peeps where were we, what just happened omg its 2013 quick add in.. errm, add in a skin, yes that’s it add in another backpack or shoulder pack skin they wont notice the mind numbing kill train storyline