marjory and Kasmeers work relationship?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I know they work together but when marjory says “I’ve been thinking about scarlet” and Kasmeer butts in and says “She can’t have you.”

errr… seems like a odd thing to say.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

What? Scarlet seems like the type who would gladly take Marjory into her group. She is a very skilled detective.

I mean, what else could she have meant by that?

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I know they work together but when marjory says “I’ve been thinking about scarlet” and Kasmeer butts in and says “She can’t have you.”

Fits into Anet GW2 charter: “just say no to males.”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Marjory and Kasmeer are lovers!

Just like:
-Logan and Rytlock
-Jennah and Anise
-Ferrah and Crea
-Tegwen and Carys

Keehee.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Tower of Nightmares

Thobek.1730

Fits into Anet GW2 charter: “just say no to males.”

so true… not a male in sight in this patch. the sisterhood is strong.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one thinking it…

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Jennah and Anise? >.>

I didn’t know Anise had such a strong foot fetish.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

You guys forgot Trahearne and Trahearne

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tower of Nightmares

Nilkemia.8507

Wait…there are two of him?

I know Sylvari are produced by the Pale Tree, but I don’t think the world is ready for two Trehearnes.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

The erotic undertone is a definite possibility in my opinion, I don’t know much about Kasmeer as a character but considering she is a human noble and Marjory probably isn’t it is pretty obvious that there is more to them than just working relationship. Why else would a human noble be found in a low end town tavern with a shady female like Marjory (ref: Dragon Bash).

If you listen to their dialogue here Marjory can call Kasmeer “krait food” and get away with it and Kasmeer calls Majory by a familiar nickname so at the very least there is very close knit friendship there but to me it seems like something more than that.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I think it’s sweet. But yes, I totally read it that way too.

They sort of remind me of Rizzoli & Isles if anybody’s familiar with that, otherwise. I rather like the pair, though, and I think their stuff is the high point of the patch lorewise (albeit woefully smallish). More interesting than the whole alliance and pollen stuff. They feel a bit too generic badguys convenience teamup.

in Tower of Nightmares

Doggie.3184

My Sylvari and Trahearne, you mean.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

You think you’re good enough for him do you?

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tower of Nightmares

Nilkemia.8507

That will not end well.

in Tower of Nightmares

Doggie.3184

You think you’re good enough for him do you?

No one is good enough for Trahearne. The first step to being with him is realizing that and accepting it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

What’s wrong with gender X same gender pairings?

But I think that those two are just really close friends. I act that way towards my friends, so I don’t find it all that weird. People can read into it however they wish.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

They’re either BFF’s or they’re lovers, but neither situation makes it " an odd thing to say.". The only thing odd is your questioning of an emotional attachment between characters within a story.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I think you mean Trahearne and Saladbowl. I mean, there is a reason why the Pale Tree never asked for it back~!!

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

As a female gamer, I’ve found myself relating just about equally to male and female characters in any game. A good, strong character is a good, strong character regardless of gender.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

We’re not necessarily saying we’re finding wrong with it.

It just doesn’t make sense that the one sex that most gamers can relate with (males) are practically non-existent in recent living story. So much so that the there aren’t enough of them to go around for the female characters to be straight even if they wanted to.

In other words:

Its not female gamers don’t matter.
Its that male gamers still do.

If you’re unable to relate to a female character, that says a lot about YOU, not about arenanet. Females aren’t a different species, they are People Like all people, they have unique motivations, personalities, strengths, and weaknesses. The fact that you have a ding-dong and the character doesn’t shouldn’t prevent you from relating to that character as another human.

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

(shrugs) Meh I’ve seen male Sylvari lovers, one drunk human comment that he thought some Asura gal was flirting with him, and so the idea of those two being an item isn’t odd to me.

Heck I know that my Human character would buy Eir or Agent Batanga a drink.
…Okay I’ve stated too much now.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Alisoe.5083

Alisoe.5083

Just like:
-Logan and Rytlock
-Jennah and Anise
-Ferrah and Crea
-Tegwen and Carys

Keehee.

Don’t forget Caithe and Faolain xP

in Tower of Nightmares

Nilkemia.8507

Just like:
-Logan and Rytlock
-Jennah and Anise
-Ferrah and Crea
-Tegwen and Carys

Keehee.

Don’t forget Caithe and Faolain xP

I know. The whole “Faolain being evil” thing kinda messes things up for that couple though. :/

in Tower of Nightmares

Thobek.1730

They’re either BFF’s or they’re lovers, but neither situation makes it " an odd thing to say.". The only thing odd is your questioning of an emotional attachment between characters within a story.

I’m merely implying that their work relationship may be more than what it seems, so get off you moral high ground.

But lets look at the games relationships. How many couples are there and what percentage of those are lesbian. I know of possibly two out of the main cast of characters, and how many from the main cast are male/female couples? Hmmm currently none.

in Tower of Nightmares

Thobek.1730

If you’re unable to relate to a female character, that says a lot about YOU, not about arenanet.

Actually this kind of stuff stems from child psychology. Children of both sexes will happily read a book with a male hero, but mainly girls will happily read one with a female heroine.

Currently having all the main cast in this patch as females is wrong, they should have a good balance. Because right now we have Scarlet and the Krait queens vs Kasmeer, Marjory, Dolja, Mykala, Senna and Kari. Even the officer that lead you in the cutscene was some female soldier.

balance? not even close.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

But lets look at the games relationships. How many couples are there and what percentage of those are lesbian. I know of possibly two out of the main cast of characters, and how many from the main cast are male/female couples? Hmmm currently none.

Logan is very much in love with Jennah. Eir has a son. Almorra Soulkeeper has a son.
From the personnal story (so not “main” but still in plain view), we have an asuran (Zott & Elli) and a human couple (Merri & Fel) in Ships of the Line. And Demolitionnist Tonn is married to a female asura, too. Braham had a girlfriend. Farenn show an awful lot of interest in women, even if with not so much success.
Then you have most norn and human cottages showing happily (or not) wed couples and families with children.

As for confirmed lesbian, we don’t have that much. Some sylvary couple (including Caith and Faolain, who aren’t a couple anymore), and that’s it. The rest is the community’s speculation.

In fact, very few main cast characters* are in a couple (be it straight or not), but those who want to or have been are more often than not straight.

*Depends on your definition of “main cast”, but the broader you go the more the straight couples are predominant.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ataraxis.6098

Ataraxis.6098

I’m just wondering, where are the male/male pairings? Correctly me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I’ve seen a single one in this game. Lesbians are cool but gay guys are icky, is that supposed to be the gist?

in Tower of Nightmares

Thobek.1730

*Depends on your definition of “main cast”, but the broader you go the more the straight couples are predominant.

I am talking about the main cast. Npc’s we deal with on a regular basis. Yeah I know about Braham who is single (failed relationship), Eir is not in a relationship anymore (widow) and Logan has a spell cast over him by Jennah – its a magical bond and therefore doesn’t count at all.

Those others you mention are not main NPC’s. Of course Tyria is filled with happy families, but that is not my point. Its the main cast are either lesbians lovers or single. Perhaps another type of relationship would be a refreshing change. Rox and Rytlock seems interesting although that is more of a mentor/student relationshp.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

As a female gamer, I’ve found myself relating just about equally to male and female characters in any game.

Or you don’t know how much you really aren’t relating to male characters as much as you think you do. Men & Women are different regardless how much writers want us to pretended we are amorphous blobs of generic “dramatic emotions”.

We’re not necessarily saying we’re finding wrong with it.

It just doesn’t make sense that the one sex that most gamers can relate with (males) are practically non-existent in recent living story. So much so that the there aren’t enough of them to go around for the female characters to be straight even if they wanted to.

In other words:

Its not female gamers don’t matter.
Its that male gamers still do.

If you’re unable to relate to a female character, that says a lot about YOU, not about arenanet. Females aren’t a different species, they are People Like all people, they have unique motivations, personalities, strengths, and weaknesses. The fact that you have a ding-dong and the character doesn’t shouldn’t prevent you from relating to that character as another human.

Relating to a person as a human is absolutely different than relating to a person as male or female. The “they are human so they are exactly the same” is totally bogus. We are made up of what we physically are & you can’t pretend that away.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John H. Watson of Guild Wars 2: Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer Meade.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I wonder, if it were the opposite, with two male leads to every female lead, if anyone would notice, or if we’d just take it as “normal?”

Or you don’t know how much you really aren’t relating to male characters as much as you think you do.

My favorite TV show is The Venture Brothers. Out of a cast of dozens of characters, probably close to 90 to 95% are male. Yet I have no problem relating to them as people or enjoying the show.

Most video games that don’t have a gender option are male-character-only. Plenty of women play and enjoy the Grand Theft Auto series, as just one of many examples. Do you have issues playing Tomb Raider?

I’m just wondering, where are the male/male pairings? Correctly me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I’ve seen a single one in this game. Lesbians are cool but gay guys are icky, is that supposed to be the gist?

I would definitely like to see a male/male pair as lead characters, although I wouldn’t want them to be gay just for the sake of having gay characters. So far GW2 has been really good about portraying homosexual relationships. Caithe isn’t a token lesbian character, she is a character who happens to be lesbian. (or bisexual, it’s not made clear which she is)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

on topic: i got the feeling they are lovers too. if they’re not, kasmeer most likely wants them to be

off topic: i don’t think one can put a sexuality label on sylvari, at least not in the way it would work for a rl human

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jaskra.6940

Jaskra.6940

I love how their sexuality is being discussed…lmao. I auto-assumed they were lesbians. XD Then again since I have a lot of LGBTQ friends I suppose I would in comparison to the average player lol.

Jaskra Ryonative ~ Mesmer
Meredith Nic Éssus ~ Necromancer
[Blackgate]

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Regarding male/male, there’s several sylvari cases though I’ve not seen any among the other races. Then again I haven’t seen that outspokenly among the others for female/female either.

Also I don’t really feel like there is a lot more female story characters? I feel like there is for once (unlike many other mmos) more of an equality or a “it’s the person not the gender” mentality with Anet’s direction though which I really applaud.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I love how their sexuality is being discussed…lmao. I auto-assumed they were lesbians. XD Then again since I have a lot of LGBTQ friends I suppose I would in comparison to the average player lol.

Huh… What does the Q mean in lgbtq? Qwerty O.o?

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wow… so, when one female is even semi-possessive/protective about a female friend you people automatically assume its sexual? Not necessarily.

Yes, Anet has some very blanant female-female relationships that are sexual in nature, Caith and Faolain obviously. They also have blatantly hetero relationships as well, sylvari couple – you have to help rescue the female from the nightmare court (I remember doing it, dont recall if its a quest or part of the personal story, think its personal story), the newlywed couple out in Gendarren Fields, just to name a couple. There are many more.

Logan is obviously in love with Jennah, and from conversations/scenes, it’s also obvious she returns those feelings but hasn’t had the nads to do anything about it. Yes Jennah and Anise are obviously close, as Rytlock and Logan once were. This does not mean they are sexually interested in each other though.

Some people form strong bonds with their friends, and can get jealous of that friendship if they feel something might threaten it. It’s simply a territorial instinct, if you want to look at it that way.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

it crackles me out how some people cry about lack of “male” heroes…. go play any game made about till now…. yeah every kitten hero is a…oh surprise… A MALE

every female in those games are….oh surprise… some hepless maidens or some wanna be soldiers that usually fail pretty fast lol

nobody cries that all those characters are kitten males yet it is a problem that for living story we have quite few females show up: enjoy dem curves, kitten

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

As a dude, I think it’s awesome that there’s some smart, cool female leads in the story. Unlike the previous poster, I can totally relate to Marjory, despite the gender difference. Kasmeer is a total catch, you go Jory!

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in Tower of Nightmares

Tanith.5264

As a female gamer, I’ve found myself relating just about equally to male and female characters in any game.

Or you don’t know how much you really aren’t relating to male characters as much as you think you do. Men & Women are different regardless how much writers want us to pretended we are amorphous blobs of generic “dramatic emotions”.

Thus my second statement in my post which you appear to have overlooked, about strong characters.

A well-drawn character is going to stand out in a game. Think of Tybalt Leftpaw, one of the most popular NPC’s in GW2. Whoever designed him, designed him very well. I’d dearly love to see more of quality characters like him and less of ambiguous characters that people try to tack irrelevant social agendas onto.

Gate of Madness server

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: AlexMc.2083

AlexMc.2083

The first couple my sylvari ever saw was two gay males. Lvl 2 personal story or something. The Green Knight one.

“Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I don’t know if anyone is familiar with the anime “Bleach”, but the relationship reminds me a lot of that between many Captains and their Lieutenants.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Thus my second statement in my post which you appear to have overlooked, about strong characters.

A well-drawn character is going to stand out in a game. Think of Tybalt Leftpaw, one of the most popular NPC’s in GW2. Whoever designed him, designed him very well. I’d dearly love to see more of quality characters like him and less of ambiguous characters that people try to tack irrelevant social agendas onto.

Aw man, don’t mention Tybalt. I had to give my son my Tybalt backpack skin to help him get over that. Little bugger was in tears.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

They are just really good friends. Kinda like my Aunt and her roommate. They’ve been besties and roommates for 20 years now!

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Tower of Nightmares

Tanith.5264

Aw man, don’t mention Tybalt. I had to give my son my Tybalt backpack skin to help him get over that. Little bugger was in tears.

Awwww.

But you see, that’s just what I mean. Pretend for a moment that Tybalt was a female charr instead of a male. Everything else is identical…same lines, same smiling charr NPC, same quirkiness, and same courage when push comes to shove.

We’d still love “her”, wouldn’t we? I know I would.

Gate of Madness server

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Its the main cast are either lesbians lovers or single

Which one are ? No DE member is in a relation as of now, and no world leader is either. Is there any lesbian couple in the main cast I don’t know of ? A confirmed one, I mean. The closest I see would be Caith and Faolain, but those broke up years ago (before even Braham, which I’m told “don’t count” :p )

I don’t mean to be dismissive, I really can’t see it :S

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

My imagionation starts working and nothing can stop it, hue-hue-hue.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

(edited by knbBlackTemplar.3059)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Which one are ? No DE member is in a relation as of now, and no world leader is either. Is there any lesbian couple in the main cast I don’t know of ? A confirmed one, I mean. The closest I see would be Caith and Faolain, but those broke up years ago (before even Braham, which I’m told “don’t count” :p )

Sylvari can’t be gay or not, they don’t even have real genders, they’re plants. And “genders” is just game mechanic and copying of humanity being.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Tower of Nightmares

Doggie.3184

There’s a very obvious male/male couple at the beginning of the Sylvari Green Knight storyline. Only one like that I can recall though.

Sylvari can’t be gay or not, they don’t even have real genders, they’re plants. And “genders” is just game mechanic and copying of humanity being.

They do have genders, fully functional genders, they just lack the proper fluids. :o

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

It’s pretty obvious they’re “together”. They might as well as had them wear “I’m hers and shes mine” T-shirts with arrows pointing at each other.
The line OP mentions isn’t the only one that lends to a romantic relationship between the two.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

In what context do they say this? Is it ambient dialogue?

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.