marjory and Kasmeers work relationship?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

It’s pretty obvious that Marjory and Kasmeer are both lesbian lovers.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

It’s pretty obvious they’re “together”. They might as well as had them wear “I’m hers and shes mine” T-shirts with arrows pointing at each other.
The line OP mentions isn’t the only one that lends to a romantic relationship between the two.

Yep. Even their dialogue from the Dead End sorta indicated it. All we need now is them holding hands or a kiss to confirm it beyond any doubt.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Here’s a couple of issues within this thread:

1) What difference does it make it characters of the same gender are close? Obviously the writers aren’t providing all the details, and rightfully so, because you don’t want to open Pandora’s Box in this day and age. Clever hints allow the player’s imagination to go where it goes.

2) Don’t assume all close relationships are sexual in nature. This goes for both same or opposite gender couplings. I have a guy friend who I buy stuff for all the time, but that doesn’t make me gay nor place us in a relationship. The term “brotherly love” comes to mind.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

ITT:

We learn that friends can be overprotective / jealous as much as any romantic partner.
And that if they are in a lesbian relationship, there’s nothing odd about it.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

1) What difference does it make it characters of the same gender are close? Obviously the writers aren’t providing all the details, and rightfully so, because you don’t want to open Pandora’s Box in this day and age. Clever hints allow the player’s imagination to go where it goes.

2) Don’t assume all close relationships are sexual in nature. This goes for both same or opposite gender couplings. I have a guy friend who I buy stuff for all the time, but that doesn’t make me gay nor place us in a relationship. The term “brotherly love” comes to mind.

Obviously how it’s going to go is that Kasmeer already has a thing for Marjory, but Marjory does not have a thing for Kasmeer. However events will occur (probably in the next update) that will put Kasmeer in a good light to Marjory. This will start to change Marjory’s feelings for Kasmeer but isn’t enough quite yet. Later something else will happen that clearly states that Kasmeer has a thing for Marjory, which will cause Marjory to suddenly discover that she has a thing for Kasmeer as well.

This is a really common storytelling trope. The reason it doesn’t apply to Logan/Rytlock is because the trope has a pre-requisite that one person needs to have a crush on the other first. And neither Logan or Rytlock has a crush on the other. So this trope does not apply for them.

The question will be if ArenaNet milks this to push an agenda or if they will try to make it seem natural and seamless.

(edited by Kojiden.8405)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

I don’t know if anyone is familiar with the anime “Bleach”, but the relationship reminds me a lot of that between many Captains and their Lieutenants.

Yeah I got a definite Yoruichi/Soi Fon kinda vibe from them. Also regardless of their relationship at least they have some personality and are fun to listen to unlike 99% of the npcs in the game – your tragically sacrificed mentor in the personal story being another rare exception.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This thread reminded me of this Monty Python sketch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDIr0yvZ5g

Such things happen all the time. Don’t give it such importance. What shall happen we’ll see.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

What’s wrong with gender X same gender pairings?

We’re not necessarily saying we’re finding wrong with it.

It just doesn’t make sense that the one sex that most gamers can relate with (males) are practically non-existent in recent living story. So much so that the there aren’t enough of them to go around for the female characters to be straight even if they wanted to.

In other words:

Its not female gamers don’t matter.
Its that male gamers still do.

This is probably the most ignorant thing I’ve read all day.

If you can’t relate to a character because they don’t have a dingle and aren’t the same sex or gender as you, then fantasy games probably aren’t something you should be playing given the emphasis on.. well.. fantasy. How do you relate to anything that isn’t a straight male human?

And the dig about sexuality and suggesting it’s a choice (women don’t become lesbians because there aren’t enough men) is gross. There are plenty of men in Tyria, just because they aren’t in the spotlight 24/7 doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Given that Anet isn’t shy about sexualities other than heterosexuality – I’d wager some of those men would be bi, gay, pan, or asexual and not just existing to be with Tyria’s females or to be your role models.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

A lot of misunderstanding going on so I’m going to just straight up delete that post.

I admit, I could have worded it better.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s pretty obvious that Marjory and Kasmeer care deeply for each other. It wouldn’t surprise me if it turned out to be a romantic relationship as well, and if it did, I’d be sad…

Because I want Kasmeer for myself, kitten!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

It’s pretty obvious that Marjory and Kasmeer care deeply for each other. It wouldn’t surprise me if it turned out to be a romantic relationship as well, and if it did, I’d be sad…

Because I want Kasmeer for myself, kitten!

Trading post, 22-24g, make it happen. At least the mini of her could be yours.

What? Gnashblade said it, not me.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tower of Nightmares

Zaxares.5419

Bah. The mini would be too small for my purposes. -cough-

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jaskra.6940

Jaskra.6940

I love how their sexuality is being discussed…lmao. I auto-assumed they were lesbians. XD Then again since I have a lot of LGBTQ friends I suppose I would in comparison to the average player lol.

Huh… What does the Q mean in lgbtq? Qwerty O.o?

Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender/Transexual, Questioning Sexuality…I think “I” might be in there these days too…Intersex, the now preferred term for people who have a combination of female and male genitalia.

Wow… so, when one female is even semi-possessive/protective about a female friend you people automatically assume its sexual? Not necessarily.

Yes, Anet has some very blanant female-female relationships that are sexual in nature, Caith and Faolain obviously. They also have blatantly hetero relationships as well, sylvari couple – you have to help rescue the female from the nightmare court (I remember doing it, dont recall if its a quest or part of the personal story, think its personal story), the newlywed couple out in Gendarren Fields, just to name a couple. There are many more.

Logan is obviously in love with Jennah, and from conversations/scenes, it’s also obvious she returns those feelings but hasn’t had the nads to do anything about it. Yes Jennah and Anise are obviously close, as Rytlock and Logan once were. This does not mean they are sexually interested in each other though.

Some people form strong bonds with their friends, and can get jealous of that friendship if they feel something might threaten it. It’s simply a territorial instinct, if you want to look at it that way.

And no, not always lol. But unlike the average population it’s a, “norm” in my life being around that kind of camaraderie and having it actually stem from a sexual/intimate relationship. So when I see it, it is now the first thing to come to mind. Additionally, as you said ANet has no problem with blatant homosexual or heterosexual relationships, so why not subtle ones? Am I completely set in this notion? Nah, if they’re homosexual or heterosexual I don’t really care, mostly I replied to the thread because I found the discussion interesting. I don’t usually get behind fictional relationships unless they are truly canon…headcanon (look up in urban dictionary if unfamiliar) is beyond me because I tend to be an equal opportunist when it comes to that sort of thing. If I can see it and like it then I pretty much go, “Okay, let’s roll with it!” for basically any a pairing of fictional characters. But yes, as I said it was my first impression.

Jaskra Ryonative ~ Mesmer
Meredith Nic Éssus ~ Necromancer
[Blackgate]

(edited by Jaskra.6940)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I can only speak for myself, since I see this thread has sort of bloomed since my last visit but, the reason why it caught my eye ingame is simply because I don’t mind romance in stories/between npcs, and given the hints it was possible to construct a likely scenario. Romance is fun, like many other types of rp threads/interactions, I am a sucker for them all!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

They’re totally lesbians. It’s not the first case we’ve seen ingame and probably not the last.

Nothing out of the ordinary here.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: jcgreig.3620

jcgreig.3620

“Q” can stand for either questioning or queer.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Teknomancer.4895

Teknomancer.4895

Given the other pop culture references in this game series, I’d say the closest parallel is probably Xena & Gabrielle’s…complicated relationship. I mean really, the dark & serious one with the sultry voice and no-nonsense attitude with her somewhat possessive companion, the smart, cheerfully inquisitive (but a bit flighty) blonde? The first time I saw the two of them and heard the voice acting, I immediately thought Xena & Gabrielle. Honestly, I briefly wondered if Marjory was voiced by Lucy Lawless, it’s that close.

Diplomatic Dictators [DD] guild (Kaineng): http://gw2dd.enjin.com/

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

As a female gamer, I’ve found myself relating just about equally to male and female characters in any game. A good, strong character is a good, strong character regardless of gender.

calling GW2 characters Strong is a insult to the word. To best to describe all but what 2 characters in this game would be “Lazy”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

As a female gamer, I’ve found myself relating just about equally to male and female characters in any game. A good, strong character is a good, strong character regardless of gender.

calling GW2 characters Strong is a insult to the word. To best to describe all but what 2 characters in this game would be “Lazy”

Opinion.

Personally, I think that there have been a few interesting and memorable characters in GW2. The devs have had their misfires, sure, but that’s pretty much par the course for any MMO.

Kas and Jory haven’t been seen too much but they’re well liked and certainly ripe for more development and scenes. An evolving or established romance might be interesting to see.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

Opinion.

Personally, I think that there have been a few interesting and memorable characters in GW2. The devs have had their misfires, sure, but that’s pretty much par the course for any MMO.

Kas and Jory haven’t been seen too much but they’re well liked and certainly ripe for more development and scenes. An evolving or established romance might be interesting to see.

I say some are good that’s why i said most not all but on the other hand most other mmos i played with heavy story and, the ones that focus on gameplay have done better…allot…better then this so called “story” they set up here

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Obviously how it’s going to go is that Kasmeer already has a thing for Marjory, but Marjory does not have a thing for Kasmeer. However events will occur (probably in the next update) that will put Kasmeer in a good light to Marjory. This will start to change Marjory’s feelings for Kasmeer but isn’t enough quite yet. Later something else will happen that clearly states that Kasmeer has a thing for Marjory, which will cause Marjory to suddenly discover that she has a thing for Kasmeer as well.

This is a really common storytelling trope. The reason it doesn’t apply to Logan/Rytlock is because the trope has a pre-requisite that one person needs to have a crush on the other first. And neither Logan or Rytlock has a crush on the other. So this trope does not apply for them.

The question will be if ArenaNet milks this to push an agenda or if they will try to make it seem natural and seamless.

This is the way it feels to me, specially because the “she can’t have you” seems to have taken Marjory by surprise. Here’s the full dialogue:

Marjory Delaqua: I’ve been thinking about Scarlet.
Kasmeer Meade: She can’t have you.
Marjory Delaqua: She’s behind all these crazy alliances. I’d rest my reputation on…wait. What did you say?
Kasmeer Meade: (laugh) I think you’re right. She has all the landmarks of a blooming psycho hag.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Jory doesn’t seem to have a thing for malibu mesmer barbie. I also think the OP meant “odd” as in their relationship isn’t defined and is questionable on what type it is. The dialog is a bit friendly but also flirty so yes it would seem odd to anyone within earshot. Odd doesn’t mean wrong or bad, it can and usually means different or unusual. I’m pretty sure Kas is into Jory, tho I swear Kas hit on Farren so I have no idea. As long as it’s not the main focus of the story, doesn’t matter.

(edited by Sunshine.4680)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

You guys forgot Trahearne and Trahearne

My Sylvari and Trahearne, you mean.

That two timing kitten!

You can’t take my man!!!!

As for Marjory and Kasmeer, I think it is pretty clear that the reader is meant to understand that they are lovers. Their conversations are far too flirty, private, and familiar to be anything else.

(edited by Ellisande.5218)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

Jory doesn’t seem to have a thing for malibu mesmer barbie…

I find this opinion odd. It seems like some folks didn’t really pay attention to the cinematic at the end of the opening instance. After you kill the champ, and they are reviewing the events to that point (leading up to the decloaking of the tower), Marjory’s comments about Kasmeer’s talent are very “adoring” in tone. Kasmeer is even sort of embarrassed by Marjory’s comments. As a character in the scene, I thought “Should I leave you two alone for a bit?”

I think it’s Marjory that has a thing for Kasmeer, and Kasmeer knows, but hasn’t made her feelings known yet beyond that of them being good friends.

I also think there is going to be more depth and strength to Lady Kasmeer than we expect—at least, I’m hoping because I love it when a “dumb blonde” makes everyone regret having used that label.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I think that they are together. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were not, though. To be fair, I never gave it a lot of thoght. Don’t get me wrong, I like Jory a lot (Kasmeer, not so much), I think she is a great character, but I really don’t care about her love life. I’m just happy she is around again and I hope that she doesn’t die. After good ol’ Tibs, I’m always afraid that my favourite characters will end up being killed.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I hope they’re just platonic friends. That would be much more interesting than just “they’re lovers, that’s why they’re close.”

in Tower of Nightmares

Nilkemia.8507

How would it be more interesting? And what’s your problem?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I dunno. Girls say such things to each other on a daily basis irl as a girl bonding/friendship thing. And that fits both Marjory and Kasmeer’s personality imo.

Doesn’t mean they can’t be “together” though I suppose though, maybe ANet will leave it vague so everyone can have their ideas. :P

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Jory doesn’t seem to have a thing for malibu mesmer barbie.

I was standing there and marjory was calling kasmeer “cupcake”. Considering she’s supposed to be the more gruff one, that seemed pretty telling.

I hope they’re just platonic friends. That would be much more interesting than just “they’re lovers, that’s why they’re close.”

The only way platonic friends would be more interesting than open lovers is if they had secret feelings that made it interesting/complicated. Otherwise, having a romantic relationship is going to naturally being more impactful on the story than “just friends”.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ScoobieDewm.3279

ScoobieDewm.3279

Now kiss! :O :O :O :Oc

Zizark Hellroar – CHARRRRR WARRIOR :V
Little Hasky – ASURRRRAAAA THIEF (f ;,,;)f
KITTENS.

in Tower of Nightmares

Rhialto.8423

This is the voice I hear when I read your two comments to me:

in Tower of Nightmares

Rhialto.8423

Jory doesn’t seem to have a thing for malibu mesmer barbie.

I was standing there and marjory was calling kasmeer “cupcake”. Considering she’s supposed to be the more gruff one, that seemed pretty telling.

The only way platonic friends would be more interesting than open lovers is if they had secret feelings that made it interesting/complicated. Otherwise, having a romantic relationship is going to naturally being more impactful on the story than “just friends”.

Check out my response to your comment on the other thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tower/Keep-Kasmeer-and-Marjory/first#post3177703

I’m sure the story will be good either way (minus the shrub-who-shall-not-be-named).

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

This is one of those relationships that works better, entertainment-wise, if we don’t get a clear answer on it. Gives the fans something to interpret, heh heh.

That said, I’m happy either way, whether it turns out to be lovers or extremely close friends. Close friends get a lot of flack for not being as interesting as romance; I actually think it’s the opposite. Just like bromance is awesome, so too is womance.

in Tower of Nightmares

Nilkemia.8507

This is the voice I hear when I read your two comments to me:

Well…pardon my implied aggression in those posts. Still, with that dialogue, it seems like they’re quite close. More than friends, but not quite lovers at least. Besides, if they were male, nearly everyone would say “oh yeah, they’re totally gay”.

I shouldn’t get my hopes up though. I suspect the writers will either:

A) Kill one of them off. Probably Kasmeer, since she’s the one trying to be close to Marjory. And if the Invasive Weed (you know the one) has half the intelligence she pretends to have, she’ll have already put Kasmeer on a “to kill” list for breaking the veil.

Which will be bad, as it will just tell me not to care about any of the LS characters, since they might just kill them off just as they get interesting.

B) Pull a bait and switch on us, revealing new male characters that will turn out to be their actual love interests. I’m not sure whether I dislike this or one of them being killed off more.

“Oh, these two characters that seemed to be really close? Sorry, they’re not that close. But now that we got your attention, we’ll just sweep that subtext right under the rug for something else.”

c) Leave it purposefully vague, for people to forever speculate. Meh.

Still, just have to wait and see.

in Tower of Nightmares

Rhialto.8423

Well…pardon my implied aggression in those posts. Still, with that dialogue, it seems like they’re quite close. More than friends, but not quite lovers at least. Besides, if they were male, nearly everyone would say “oh yeah, they’re totally gay”.

No worries. I don’t have a problem with whatever choice they end up making, just expressing my opinion on the matter. As far as your choices go, C might be the most interesting as it will give people something to joke about for a while. Sort of like JD and Turk in Scrubs.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

(shrugs) Meh I’ve seen … one drunk human comment that he thought some Asura gal was flirting with him, and so the idea of those two being an item isn’t odd to me.

So in your view homosexual relations are only slightly less perverse than interspecies mating?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I know they work together but when marjory says “I’ve been thinking about scarlet” and Kasmeer butts in and says “She can’t have you.”

errr… seems like a odd thing to say.

Fits into Anet GW2 charter: “just say no to males.”

so true… not a male in sight in this patch. the sisterhood is strong.

Did Braham change sexes when I wasn’t looking?

Seriously, I saw him just yesterday. Is he alright? Did the surgery kittenay?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Tower of Nightmares

Zaxares.5419

Ellisande.5218: “So in your view homosexual relations are only slightly less perverse than interspecies mating?”

What, are you implying that cross-species relationships in Tyria are somehow degenerate? Racist! My Sylvari can’t choose who she loves!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

(shrugs) Meh I’ve seen … one drunk human comment that he thought some Asura gal was flirting with him, and so the idea of those two being an item isn’t odd to me.

So in your view homosexual relations are only slightly less perverse than interspecies mating?

That was a guy who was insulted and didn’t know about it.

It wasn’t any form of hinting interspecies. It was showing a guy with quite some ego that didn’t know they had been insulted.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Nothing odd with 2 people flirting if that’s the case, I thought it was cute :P

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Never said they were perverse in the first place.
My stance is it shouldn’t be a big deal and apparently ANet isn’t making it a big deal.

It is the players who are making it a big deal.

Why bring up the perversion angle anyways? Are you against interspecies couplings?

MithranArkanere hit the nail on the head with that one human.
He was being insulted, but his ego protected him and as such he thought that even an Asura would like him.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)