3~4 hours dungeon?

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Hey guys, Twilight Assault is amazing, have some great mechanics and is very pretty, BUT please, don’t make it in such a way it can take up to 4 hours to complete it (and that ONLY if no one rage quits and breaks the party)…. I don’t think it’s difficult, but small things like making the oozes green (so you could heal them) would make it a little bit better (and provide an alternative way to complete it if the party is having trouble in fully running it).

I play GW2 since lunch and still trying to find courage to face Arah’s long paths…. I’m no high school student that can spend 6~8 hours playing all day long. Please, take that into consideration for following content (Queen Gauntlet was near perfect, challenging and fast).

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

it took you 4 hrs to finish this dungeon?seriously?

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

first try it took me 90 mins or so. But now im doing regularly it only take me 30 mins per run for the new TA

R.I.P Kumu <3

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I think your suggestion about the oozes is pretty good. Another thing they can do is make it so the holopirates at the end boss don’t leash back to their spawn point so quickly.

We just did it, including the epilogue events, in about one hour and ten minutes with one wipe. I think without a wipe it can be done in a little less than an hour. This is with pauses for me to explain each encounter to guildies over mumble.

Voice comms really help.

(edited by Lucky.9421)

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

However, I also had a run with another group and we had many, many wipes. It took about 3 hours, I believe, and that was on mumble as well.

If one person dies ten seconds into a fight, then another dies ten seconds later, it can be really hard for 3 people to rez and get back into it.

Individual skill really matters.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

wait. 4 hours? how?

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

1) If you experience rage quitters often, make sure YOU enter the dungeon first. Then you can always invite new people in, no restart required.

2) Even if the dungeon takes 4 hours the first time, you hopefully learn from some of those mistakes. When you get good at it, it should take no longer than 90 minutes, 2 hours tops with some wipes.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

BUT please, don’t make it in such a way it can take up to 4 hours to complete it

30-45 min with a reasonably capable team. Anything in this game will take hours with bad ones. People always complain that this or that is hard with pugs.. but those same people don’t seem to be willing to put in the time and effort to make some friends for future runs. Yes, when you pug, some groups will be terrible. But every so often you will run into capable, normal, friendly people you click with. Don’t just leave party when that happens, talk to them, ask if they’re ok with adding to friend list and doing more runs in the future. Do this often and your friends list will soon be full of reliable people you can take into dungeons. If you don’t want to put in an effort into finding reliable people for runs, you can’t complain that you don’t know any..

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lekai.1429

Lekai.1429

Arah is not that bad… 90 minutes tops to complete path 1 or 4 if your in a pug group full of bads. It only took my group 90 minutes to do the new TA path the first time, then only 60 minutes with a guild group. Queens gauntlet was a joke, it was more of a farm fest than anything, " hay guys look how fast I can spam 1 and see how much loot I get!!" …yeah no thanks. If you consider content like that challenging and the direction the game should go… You should probably just stick with CoF p1.

Lekai Multo lvl 80 necro
[SO] by blood [Ohai] by nature…
Proud member of the Pocket thief protection plan

(edited by Lekai.1429)

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I had a nightmare of a 3 hour Arah run. Sometimes it’s faster to kill everything than it is to try to skip mobs, repeatedly.

Once you’re familiar with the Aetherpath, I would have guess it’s about an hour run. Some faster, some slower, but hourish.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Forkada.8376

Forkada.8376

41 min if you a skillles dont go PvE

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

It took me 4 hours the first time it came out. It was also the first dungeon i have ever done. Since then i am running it in 1 hour to 1.5 hours.

Once you learned all the mechanics to it, its not that hard. Some people make it harder than it is….

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

It only took us about 75 minutes…90 if you include doing all of the achievements. And that was by no means a perfect run for us either…no wipes, but plenty of deaths and having to get people up mid-fight.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Agreed. I mean doing Arah story mode or Fractal (the only few dungeons I partake) only taken over an hour at most with successful PUG party but for this… This is one of the reasons why I given up trying to played the dungeon again altogether.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Took me a few hours, too. Thing is, that was one of the first times it was ever run, so there was no guide or anything.

In my recent runs, I’ve found that there are a few main components that eat up people’s time:

#1: New people who are hesitant to do anything, so they’ll slowly inch forward while terrified for their lives.

#2: New people who haven’t looked anything up yet, so you’ll have to sit and explain everything to them. And there is a lot to explain.

#3: New people who don’t quite know how to play yet, so they die frequently and cause the team to wipe over and over again.

#4: People who decide mid dungeon that it is the perfect time to rearrange their stamp collection.

#5: People quitting, forcing the remaining members to wait for someone else to show up.

The dungeon hasn’t been broken down to a science yet, and most of the people who run the dungeon are completely new it, and dungeons themselves sometimes. If you get a group of people who know what they’re doing and do it well enough, I imagine the dungeon, would go so much quicker than what we’re used to now.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

it took me and my friends about an hour and a half last night… and it only took so long because one of our pugs kept having D/Cs and we wanted to wait for him because he was doing really really well…

Not to mention it’d probably be A LOT faster now that we know the mechanics instead of being like “ZOMG! What’s going on!?!”

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

had 3 quitters and still did it in 3 hours (first time for everyone involved)

It’s much easier and quicker with experience, It doesn’t need a nerf

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

4 HOURS DUNGEON!

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve attempted this dungeon 3 times (well, technically 6, but 3 of those ended when my internet decided to be a jerk and die early on so they barely count).

First time it took about 2.5 hours to make it to the final room. Party whipped against the final boss about 5 times, someone left the party and everyone got kicked.

Second time it took an hour and a half to make it to Slick and Sparki. Ended up leaving because I ran out of time and had to get off the computer.

Third time took about 2 hours to reach the final boss room. Generators glitched and stopped spawning holograms, so we took another hour (or more) to kill the generators by hand. Wiped against the boss 3 times, party member left, party kicked.

All 3 of those times there were at least 3 people who had run the dungeon and knew what they were doing (and I had done research on it prior, so even though my first time I hadn’t done it I knew it for the most part).

Maybe if EVERYONE knows it by heart it can be done in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. But without full knowledge by everyone involved its just a huge time sink. And I’m not convinced that even if you know what you’re doing its going to be smooth every single time, the dungeon itself is still difficult even if you know what to expect.

Either way, all I know is that I’ve spent 10+ hours attempting to do this (I don’t even want all the achieves, just enough to get the Slickpack) and I’ve not had success yet. I’ve got 8 / 10, so at this point I’m really strongly considering just using dailys to get the last 2 and saying “F the dungeon”. I’m tired of spending hours on end, wiping on the final boss a few times, and ended up out of the dungeon.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hey guys, Twilight Assault is amazing, have some great mechanics and is very pretty, BUT please, don’t make it in such a way it can take up to 4 hours to complete it (and that ONLY if no one rage quits and breaks the party)…. I don’t think it’s difficult, but small things like making the oozes green (so you could heal them) would make it a little bit better (and provide an alternative way to complete it if the party is having trouble in fully running it).

I play GW2 since lunch and still trying to find courage to face Arah’s long paths…. I’m no high school student that can spend 6~8 hours playing all day long. Please, take that into consideration for following content (Queen Gauntlet was near perfect, challenging and fast).

It has been taking 3-4 hours to complete this nightmare of a dungeon that MANY will never finish.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

atheria.2837

I’ve attempted this dungeon 3 times (well, technically 6, but 3 of those ended when my internet decided to be a jerk and die early on so they barely count).

First time it took about 2.5 hours to make it to the final room. Party whipped against the final boss about 5 times, someone left the party and everyone got kicked.

Second time it took an hour and a half to make it to Slick and Sparki. Ended up leaving because I ran out of time and had to get off the computer.

Third time took about 2 hours to reach the final boss room. Generators glitched and stopped spawning holograms, so we took another hour (or more) to kill the generators by hand. Wiped against the boss 3 times, party member left, party kicked.

All 3 of those times there were at least 3 people who had run the dungeon and knew what they were doing (and I had done research on it prior, so even though my first time I hadn’t done it I knew it for the most part).

Maybe if EVERYONE knows it by heart it can be done in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. But without full knowledge by everyone involved its just a huge time sink. And I’m not convinced that even if you know what you’re doing its going to be smooth every single time, the dungeon itself is still difficult even if you know what to expect.

Either way, all I know is that I’ve spent 10+ hours attempting to do this (I don’t even want all the achieves, just enough to get the Slickpack) and I’ve not had success yet. I’ve got 8 / 10, so at this point I’m really strongly considering just using dailys to get the last 2 and saying “F the dungeon”. I’m tired of spending hours on end, wiping on the final boss a few times, and ended up out of the dungeon.

I wish I could mail this directly to the devs.

It says what so many of us are saying and bantering about the servers.

I don’t have a guardian or warrior – so guess who isn’t “wanted” in the dungeon in the FIRST place?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

atheria.2837

How long did it take you? How many times? How many groups have you been in and what were the configurations?

YES, it DOES take three to FOUR hours to finish this dungeon.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

How long did it take you? How many times? How many groups have you been in and what were the configurations?

YES, it DOES take three to FOUR hours to finish this dungeon.

With my guild we beat it the first time through in about an hour, 25~ minutes in the four or five runs we’ve done since (all of which we took other guildies who hadn’t been through yet). We had various compositions including pretty much all of the professions, I don’t think we had an engineer.

As they say, knowing is half the battle.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

Soloing this with 2 people only took 2 hours… and we were rangers. WTF are you doing? =P

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

This dungeon is so faceroll easy I soloed it by having my cat dance on the keys… in 10 minutes!

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: buden maniac.2391

buden maniac.2391

I hate this dungeon. I’ve wasted about 15 hours trying to finish it. Made it to the last boss once and we got smoked. That was the first day it was live. I have tried it several times since and never gotten past Slick and Sparky. PUGs each time. I don’t blame PUGs. I almost always PUG and I got the dungeon master title several months ago with PUGs. This dungeon is just annoying. I want to finish it once but I doubt I will. Hopefully I will get one of these experts in my next PUG.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Soloing this with 2 people only took 2 hours… and we were rangers. WTF are you doing? =P

It should be 3.50 to ooz puzzle. 10 minutes of abuse and outrage. Dispersed. Or… something like this

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

First time I did the new path it took about 3 hours, but that was the day it launched when none of us had a clue what to do.

I just did it again and even with a few wipes it took about an hour and a half, including time to get the party together.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

It took me 3.5h the first time to complete it as it was a new dungeon and my group naturally did not know the mechanics. Every run after that was getting smoother.

Now about 30 minutes depending on the experience of the groups. I usually pug only.

I think this is good thing. You are not supposed to be finished in a couple of minutes. This is a permanent path replacement.

The nice thing here, that even if you read guides on the mechanics it still requires a learning curve to actually apply them. This is good design.

Yes, there are some problems, but this path is the best dungeon they have in the game. I liked the Flame and Frost dungeon a bit more design wise, but it was way too easy. The Aetherblade retreat dungeon was an overkill – not hard but very very annoying.

Looking forward to both dungeons returning in a fractal version soon, where I hope they made some adjustments.

This new way and Tequatl are the best thing that happened so far. Both need some work but small and large group content is getting the right direction instead of festival-of-the-months were you just have running around and killing x amount of mobs for another back pack, no one wears.

And for the rest of players we now continue with our festivals…

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

No path, even learning, should be a 4 hour deal. Not for just dungeons. This is a raid game, we shouldn’t be spending raid hours.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: juginst.5018

juginst.5018

Totally agree with OP. I spent 4 hours during my first run and we didn’t manage to kill Clockheart. Maybe it is our fault but it was too exhausting and I don’t want to try it again. I play GW2 when I want to have a rest and that’s no rest.

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

First time I did this, it was a 3 hour path, because 3 of the people in the guild run (including me) didn’t know how it worked. 2nd run, we did it in 2 hours, and that’s with several wipes. The dungeon really isn’t that difficult once you know how it works.

EDIT: lol at the filter not allowing Hard followed by Once

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

3~4 hours dungeon?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

First time ever running, took right at 2hours to complete. Most of that time was spent on oozes and then Slick fight. Rest of the dungeon was pretty straight forward, and then another time sink on the final boss until we figured it out.

2 guards, 2 rangers, 1 ele — no zerker gear, only the ele had been there before us. It can be done.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….