Customer Relations and Announcements

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

ANET really dropped the ball with the (non)announcement of the new hairstyles coming out with this patch. Usually, there is a nice lead up to the upcoming updates and we have some idea of what we can look forward to.

I personally have used 2 Makeover Kits in the last week or so. One was just over 24 hours before the announce. I never would have used either of the kits if I had known what was in store.

It would show good customer relations to reimburse those of us who’ve used our kits within a week of the patch.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why ask for a refund? You used the Makeover Kit, and were satisfied with the changes, or you wouldn’t have accepted them. If you’d like to try the new hairstyles, you can easily buy more kits. Best of all, they don’t cost real money. Just convert Gold to Gems, and they’re essentially free.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

I don`t see the problem here. Anyway you can get em for free (gold→gems/ achiev. chests).

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Khaz.3165

Khaz.3165

“I bought a ceramic soupcup the day before they released new porcelain soupcups, now I deserve to get paid back my ceramic soupcup.” This is incorrect. If you bought the ceramic cup you clearly liked it, the release of porcelain cups does not change your ceramic cup.

Sincerely,
Fenrir Dragonbone

ME? MAD?! QUITE LIKELY!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Best of all, they don’t cost real money. Just convert Gold to Gems, and they’re essentially free.

cough Opportunity cost. cough

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

“I bought a ceramic soupcup the day before they released new porcelain soupcups, now I deserve to get paid back my ceramic soupcup.” This is incorrect. If you bought the ceramic cup you clearly liked it, the release of porcelain cups does not change your ceramic cup.

Sincerely,
Fenrir Dragonbone

Not a great analogy. Almost every store today has a return policy. You can like your ceramic cup the day before and still return/exchange it for the porcelain cup the next day. =P

Mind you, I don’t think a refund is entitled here, but I do agree in essence that ANet could really improve in the customer relations department.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Khaz.3165

Khaz.3165

Sincerely,
Fenrir Dragonbone

Not a great analogy. Almost every store today has a return policy. You can like your ceramic cup the day before and still return/exchange it for the porcelain cup the next day. =P

Mind you, I don’t think a refund is entitled here, but I do agree in essence that ANet could really improve in the customer relations department.

I will give you that one, indeed my analogy is flawed. But what if there are some stains in the cup that you can’t get out anymore? =P

Anyways, ArenaNet DOES need some work in the HR department. I’ve seen them pull marvelous stunts though (think about Clockwork Chaos and the clocks and poems + their “autovandalising”.)

Sincerely,
Fenrir Dragonbone

ME? MAD?! QUITE LIKELY!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Best of all, they don’t cost real money. Just convert Gold to Gems, and they’re essentially free.

cough Opportunity cost. cough

You mean one hour of my time to get something that isn’t required?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

No, I wasn’t totally satisfied, but accepted it because I had no other options, and it didn’t seem as if any options were coming soon. If I had known I could wait a couple days and get more options, I would have.

You assume I have enough in game gold to make such a purchase or the time to farm a ton of gold. In case you hadn’t noticed, the gems are quite expensive.