Glass cannon ele for Slick and Sparki?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Need some advice.

I’ve attempted this dungeon twice.

First time I did it in my WvW build because frankly, I forgot to change traits ahead of time. This build has much more survivability, even with zerker gear. We wiped a couple of times because only one of us had any experience. Called it after one try on the last boss because a guildie had to go and it was almost time for me to go to work as well. Still, felt like a reasonably easy dungeon.

Went in a second time. Spent … I don’t want to say how long failing on Slick and Sparki, using same build because I was asked to go supportish. We rotated in a few people but while we could get Slick down, we never finished off Sparki.

I felt like the biggest problem we had second go-round was lack of DPS. (My DPS is solid in that build, but not nearly what I can put out specced purely for DPS). However, with PUGs, I’m not at all confident about people managing the puddles.

Do any eles have experience pugging in a glassy build? There were several times I know for a fact self-healing and a bit more HP was the only reason I didn’t die to the debuff.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

in the aetherpath I usually run a tanky trait build, but I swap into zerker gear for the boss fights.

For sparki/slick its usually much more easy to deal with sparki first. Slicks damage comes from his oil. If your team is good at cleaning it all up, then you can easily zerk him down.

As for the foreman, again, his most damaging attack is usually best mitigated in some other way (mist form, stability/dodge rolling, etc) rather than face-tanking, and zerking works quite well.

And the clockheart hits like a wet noodle. if you arent running zerk gear on clockheart, you’re wasting your own time.

The trash monsters are a different story. They carry enough cc and multiple heavy hits to require either a tankier setup, or a ranged weapon.

But the bosses can easily be zerked down in my experience, even with (and honestly, especially with) a D/D set.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Yeah, I’ve been reading that a lot of groups find Sparki easier to start with. Ah well, so other than that you’re doing exactly what I was doing then.

Thanks for the response.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

DPS shouldn’t really be an issue with the sparki and slick fight. There’s no damage spikes or other things that can screw with the group except the ooze. The way I usually tell pugs to do this, is to have them equip a ranged weapon, turn auto attack on sparki then ignore both bosses completely and just look for oils and the ooze.

Make sure people are not scattered around, because that’s usually what causes oil patches to go all over the place and behind people’s camera, causing wipes. After sparki goes down, have everyone stand inside the oil patches for the ooze. No one should be taking any damage at all at this point and you can auto attack slick down leisurely.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m curious how you can wipe on Sparki. You can easily get out of combat to get all of your health back. Slick can actually wipe the entire team if you let the puddles stack.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

I run ele with all valkryie armor. For more Dps i use FGS as much as i can. I will even use frost bow. and one time i added Flaming Axe when i felt others weren’t doing much DPS.

You are fighting this boss fight the way i like, taking out Slick first. I hate spending time killing sparki only to die on slick. People will fight you on stacking up on slick but it really helps control the oil.

Once you kill slick, killing sparki should be easy. I know the few times i died after killing slick was because we were all very low health at the time of slicks death but other than that if slick is down you should with this fight.