Instant Trait Reset?

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Instant Trait Reset?

Anet, are you really trying to charge players real money for this item? Maybe if it was 20 gems for 1, but 70. When it is already cheap to chance traits in cities.

Attachments:

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Or 4 gold.

FOUR GOLD.

ONE TIME USE.

Lewl?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

It’s a convenience item for what you aren’t near someone that can reset trait points.

Don’t buy it, and maybe they’ll reduce the price.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Honestly they should make it 200 gems and infinite use. Besides that it is useless.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Oh good. I can safely ignore this money grubbing item.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t see how the convenience is worth the price for any boss fight or dungeon.

People on the forums have been asking for the option to save multiple builds. So they can change their build for free in selected areas throughout the game world. To one that they saved because they who it works.

Not a item that is changes your once for a expensive price. And then the player might make a mistake and waste their item.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Indeed if they made an Infinite Use version and made it a helluva alot more expensive, I’d be up for it. Even 1000 gems or more. But single use? Not worth A GEM imo.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Indeed if they made an Infinite Use version and made it a helluva alot more expensive, I’d be up for it. Even 1000 gems or more. But single use? Not worth A GEM imo.

It actually isnt, using pvp, then the retrait and porting back to somewhere as long as its under 2 silver (so anywhere on tyria if you use the portals in la) is gonna cost less than the 5.75~ a gem costs right now.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s a convenience item. Most of these types normally don’t provide any value to you other than convenience. It’s no different than the infinite mining picks and such that nobody seems to have issues with yet also do not provide you any value other than convenience.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

It’s a convenience item. Most of these types normally don’t provide any value to you other than convenience. It’s no different than the infinite mining picks and such that nobody seems to have issues with yet also do not provide you any value other than convenience.

These are 70 gems for one time use, there’s a big difference between these and infinite harvesting tools which you make 1 purchase and never run out.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

This should be a game feature. It’s really outrageous that they are charging for this,Low blow, ANet. Low blow.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

These are 70 gems for one time use, there’s a big difference between these and infinite harvesting tools which you make 1 purchase and never run out.

Ok. Look at all the other consumables that are one time use.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Luciferhawke.2015

Luciferhawke.2015

Wish i could say i’m surprised. I’m not. Just disappointed.
I was hoping for something more like the infinite salvage. 800 gems but still costs 3.50s to use.

(edited by Luciferhawke.2015)

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

OK I realize that the game needs gold sinks, and at the pace you have been giving out loot it is little wonder you want to deflate the economy some. BUT when it costs me <4 silver to re-trait in LA as opposed to the convenience (highway robbery) of 4 gold apx. to re-trait on the fly is ludicrous.

Seriously, I would pay 200-400 gems for the ability to re-trait anytime anywhere permanently, even though I would never re-trait that many times in my lifetime, but not for these, sorry. LA is just one “b” click away.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The book costs 2g and resets your traits too, right?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Honestly they should make it 200 gems and infinite use. Besides that it is useless.

This pretty much.

I’d pay as high as 300-400 gems for a permanent version…no way for a limited one.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

The item is a gold sink.Not a good one but still it is…

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

anything behind an item that involves money being sunk in like this usually revolves around Ncsoft not Anet

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sol Solus.3167

Sol Solus.3167

Can’t you just buy Adept’s Training Manual for 10s and carry that around? They even stack. Or does that not work anymore?

Edit: Just checked. They can’t be used anymore.

Rainmeter overlays:
World Boss Timer | WvW Map

(edited by Sol Solus.3167)

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This should be a game feature. It’s really outrageous that they are charging for this,Low blow, ANet. Low blow.

It is a game feature. Go to any town (and even a few places in the open world) and pay less than 3 silver.

Now the price is a bit outrageous for a single use item…

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It is a game feature. Go to any town (and even a few places in the open world) and pay less than 3 silver.

Now the price is a bit outrageous for a single use item…

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Why pay 4 gold if you can just:

1. click leave instance
  2. double click waypoint in lions arch
  3. run to profession trainer and reset traits

Which only costs like 10 silver… Logic >__<.

They should really just put a trainer in all dungeons. Or make it so we can always reset traits outside combat/dungeons.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The book costs 2g and resets your traits too, right?

the manuals arent used to reset your traits

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

My friend just bought one thinking it’s permanent (not so good with english). Never heard so loud ragequit :P.
But seriously – most stupid thing I saw in game store, right next to yellow transmutation stones…

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s pretty obvious that most of the convenience items are a terrible deal if you’re going to pay with gold for them. At 88¢, it’s a little pricy, but justifiably an “on a whim” decision. I’ve seen friends spend more on crane games at the supermarket, or soda, or gum. Would I consider it a great value for the money? No, but it’s hardly my business to tell other people how to spend their change.

Basically, it saves you 10 silver, two load screens, and a small-to-large amount of running, depending on your proximity to a waypoint. Even if it’s not worth it to most of us, I expect it is to someone, like most of the gem store items, and I’m okay with that dynamic.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Here’s a thought, just give us the ability to reset our traits outside of combat just like in PVP, instead of making a Gem Store item for it. This has to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen in the Gem Store barring only the Royal Pass and Infinite Continue Coin.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

The problem with this item isn’t that some people might be stupid enough to actually buy it, it’s what it means for the game overall. Now Anet is much less likely to give us a multi-spec feature because if they do they lose out on gem sales.

This is a game that needs that convenience because it should be a game that encourages using multiple builds for different situations. Having to reset my trait points and remember what traits I had each time I switch builds is an annoyance that discourages that.

I should be able to push a button, pay my silver, and my traits, skills, and armor/weapons/trinkets should all instantly change (when not in combat) with no muss or fuss.

Encouraging build diversity would make the game a lot more interesting and earn them more gem purchases in the long run. This is a short term, and short sighted move on their part.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Last time I checked, we weren’t required to purchase this from the Gem Store. So why so much hate towards Anet?

PS – It’s only 56 Gems when you buy in bulk. That’s pretty cheap!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Short term monetization, that is why it is on gemstore instead of a free Quality Of Life enhancement…

Anet aiming for your money instead of aiming for a quality game.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Widowmaker Z.4802

Last time I checked, we weren’t required to purchase this from the Gem Store. So why so much hate towards Anet?

That works out to 2.78 gold each right now, still too much.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Too much as opposed to what? It’s a convenience item. If you like it, buy it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But if you like it and can’t afford it, wait for a sale. That’s what I do for Character Slots, Bag expansions, or even BL Keys.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

They throw four lines of code in the mystic forge, 20% chance something good comes out. /shrug

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

People on the forums have been asking for the option to save multiple builds. So they can change their build for free in selected areas throughout the game world. To one that they saved because they who it works.

This also makes me wonder.

So with the introduction of a gemstore item like this, does this mean that the QoL for build templates wherein one can switch saved builds on the fly will never be possible in PVE, or worse, be a gemstore feature as well?? I’m feeling sad.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Widowmaker Z.4802

Too much as opposed to what? It’s a convenience item. If you like it, buy it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But if you like it and can’t afford it, wait for a sale. That’s what I do for Character Slots, Bag expansions, or even BL Keys.

Some people would like to switch specs a lot depending on the situation, reset 10 times you’re looking at 27g give or take, for $10 in gems if you use rl money to buy gems, you can reset 11 times. That’s not a lot for the gold/money.

People call it a convenience item, it should have been in the game from the start with the option to at least reset in all towns and outposts for the same price it is at the trainer, even a little more would be acceptable.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Some people would like to switch specs a lot depending on the situation, reset 10 times you’re looking at 27g give or take, for $10 in gems if you use rl money to buy gems, you can reset 11 times. That’s not a lot for the gold/money.

People call it a convenience item, it should have been in the game from the start with the option to at least reset in all towns and outposts for the same price it is at the trainer, even a little more would be acceptable.

My thoughts exactly. It’s really starting to get to me just how much GW2 has turned into a cash shop game. On the fly trait resets should’ve been a feature that was shipped with the game. Did they learn nothing from GW1? They axed attribute point locking relatively quickly in the game’s life and the game became much better for it. Just attach a 10s fee or something to a reset traits button in the trait menu, gold sink still exists and everyone’s happy.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

People asked for build templates and this is arenanets solution to it! To charge the players real money or spend hours to grind gold to buy the gems to be able to change your build once? Right! They can go kitten themselves

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

This is actually useful when you have to switch gears and traits while in the middle of Fractal and if you’re the instance owner you can’t leave because the dungeon will reset. Or you can never leave an area (like in Teq or the next revamped bosses) because if you did, you will end up in an overflow.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This is actually useful when you have to switch gears and traits while in the middle of Fractal and if you’re the instance owner you can’t leave because the dungeon will reset. Or you can never leave an area (like in Teq or the next revamped bosses) because if you did, you will end up in an overflow.

Anet has finally found an item useful to those 0.0001% of players!

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Silmea.5709

Silmea.5709

gold grabbing item… you can easily go back to town while the rest of your team stays in a dungeon if you really need to change your treats..and i think people are smart enough to know which treat they need for a dungeon

hmm a dungeon? let’s run it, dungeonrunning team

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Instant Trait Reset?

Anet, are you really trying to charge players real money for this item? Maybe if it was 20 gems for 1, but 70. When it is already cheap to chance traits in cities.

Some things should be free – retraiting is one of them.

I can’t agree with any other “methodology” since the builds change so often, it seems like we are retraiting monthly or more often.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

So can we safely take it that you bought a few, or are you just riding your apologist high-horse again?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I agree with this, it’s pretty useless/insulting as it is.
I definitely support the idea of making an infinite use one but 400 gems would be cheap for that. Would rather say 500-600 gems for infinite use (account bound preferred).

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Sell me the option to have a skill template for my characters, and I might bite. This item just appears to be completely redundant. I have never in one year of playing this game felt the need to respec right now and on the spot.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I once played a game that charged monthly for enemy health bars. I quickly quit.

Trait reset is also a feature that should be a core game element, out of combat. It’s not a good sign that they’re charging for it. Even worse, it guarantees that the suggestions by all of the people since launch to allow out-of-combat retraiting will never be implemented.

It only hurts the game, as changing one’s setup for the situation ahead adds strategy to the gaming experience. One build for all situations isn’t conducive to this new punishingly difficult direction Anet is heading with its new content.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Anet has finally found an item useful to those 0.0001% of players!

Hi. I like your videos on YouTube! Subscribed.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

Endless trait respec for 800 gems- I am in!
Limited use ,nope sorry going to skip it. Still nice try the implement we wanted. Altough not how most of us would have imagined.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Onshidesigns.1069

Trait respec should be a basic feature out or combat or in all town, cities and selected areas in all zones.

Doing this will make the game much more tactical and appealing to more players. That may spend money on other items.

Anet is just limiting their game to a smaller player base. By not making the game more customizable.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Cant we get one that cost a lot like 1000 gem but can use forever

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Onshidesigns.1069

Basic features should be free and this should be a basic feature! GW2 could be a fantasy based game to rival EVE online. If they was more customizable features like this.

Instant Trait Reset?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Archangelus.8671

Archangelus.8671

I consider myself a reasonably well-paying player, but this is pretty silly. What situation could you possibly be in where wasting all that gold for a one-time reset is worth the cost?