Just kill Scarlet and be done with it please.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Mad King holds a torch burning event, the thing you burn is Scarlet tied to a pole, no need for hay or wood even! Just light the torch and watch her scream. The more she screams the more the Mad King laughs!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ravious.4269

Ravious.4269

If you look at how permament her being an antagonist is coming… seriously it looks like she is going to get more plot immunity than even Zhaitan could dream of.

Kill Ten Rats – an MMO blog

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

That would actually be pretty awesome XD

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Nah bro get ready for the never ending serial return of Saturday Morning Scarlet.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Refresh.4386

Refresh.4386

you all need to relax she die or become a god being before when next dragon comes out anet says her invasions will end when she gone. we may end up with dragon invasions

(edited by Refresh.4386)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

you all need to relax she die or become a god being before when next dragon comes out anet says her invasions will end when she gone. we may end up with dragon invasions

..what?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

this would please me…

Mad King gets into this world and finds out there is someone more mad than he?

He can’t stand for that and teaches Tyria a lesson (thank god) by getting rid of Scarlet.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Mad King holds a torch burning event, the thing you burn is Scarlet tied to a pole, no need for hay or wood even! Just light the torch and watch her scream. The more she screams the more the Mad King laughs!

And then this would end the Scarlett Invasion events entirely. Think about that for just a moment. She’s an intricate part of GW2’s story now, like it or not. I don’t see her dying for a long, long while. She may pull a Harley Quinn to get captured only to escape like 1 day later in some crazy shenanigan thingy.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Or Scarlet becomes a lunatic courtier, frees the mad king. Scarlet becomes Mad King’s sidekick.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Knowing ANet’s innovation when it comes to fresh and compelling new content i am sure we will see scarlet for the next few months, slowly changing her glow tint to blue and calling her a BRAND NEW FOE!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Nah bro get ready for the never ending serial return of Saturday Morning Scarlet.

This is probably the most accurate depiction of what the player base will be subjected to.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

You guys realize that killing Scarlet means the developers will just come up with an equally unbelievable and boring villain to replace her, don’t you? The Living Story will go on, and it’s going to need an antagonist. So we might – and I hate to say this, because I think she’s a terribly developed character – be better off with the cardboard cutout we know than the cardboard cutout we don’t.

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

This is probably the most accurate depiction of what the player base will be subjected to.

What shenanigans will she be up to next week? Be sure to tune in!

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

I’ll leave this here for people who may not have read it. Particularly newer players.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World

This article, written by Ree Soesbee, was released around the time GW2 was announced(6 years ago!) to give fans an idea of the setting in the next game. I highly recommend that you check it out if you are an avid GW fan.

To me it sets up a rather epic story arc. I and many other fans waited eagerly for 5 years to see how it would develop.

And here we are…

I am not a fan of this bi-weekly randomness. Let’s have an actual story arc.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

She’s an intricate part of GW2’s story now

Well, i wouldn’t say intricate. Shoehorned, wedged, stuffed, ill-fitting, generic, completely unrelated to absolutely anything prior and out-of-the-blue wtmf is this and where did she come from yet for some reason supposed to pivotal to plot development roflmao wth i call shennanigans? Well, sure, yes.

in Twilight Assault

MastaNeenja.1537

You guys realize that killing Scarlet means the developers will just come up with an equally unbelievable and boring villain to replace her, don’t you? The Living Story will go on, and it’s going to need an antagonist. So we might – and I hate to say this, because I think she’s a terribly developed character – be better off with the cardboard cutout we know than the cardboard cutout we don’t.

Nah I’ll roll those dice. I want them to try harder.

The current villain will become old news at some point and we can all fondly forget or remember her as we like. To me she’s just a thin personality with stack of numbers I have to deplete to get the thing, what ever that is supposed to be. What she represents is the personification of the Living Story most of which is a quick fleeting distraction that quickly turns into boring, repetitive, mundane tasks. The rewards we get for doing that are pretty much the same.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Twilight Assault

MastaNeenja.1537

What shenanigans will she be up to next week? Be sure to tune in!

Yeah it’s like 60s Batman, with Adam West, but not cool.

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

Nah I’ll roll those dice. I want them to try harder.

The current villain will become old news at some point and we can all fondly forget or remember her as we like. To me she’s just a thin personality with stack of numbers I have to deplete to get the thing, what ever that is supposed to be. What she represents is the personification of the Living Story most of which is a quick fleeting distraction that quickly turns into boring, repetitive, mundane tasks. The rewards we get for doing that are pretty much the same.

I agree with every word you said, especially “Nah I’ll roll those dice. I want them to try harder”, but I don’t think they’re going to try harder. Even if they cared about delivering a well-written and developed antagonist, which I’m not entirely sure they do, the short turnaround for Living Story releases makes fleshing out any character – villain or not – difficult to do.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

That is the best description of her that I’ve read so far.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Dont kill scarelet no more invasions for luck grind lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Don’t kill her, just retcon her out of the entire game.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

would be awesome

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

would be awesome

Quick, someone get Bad Wolf.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

Okay, so here’s what we do:

It turns out that the Elder Dragons are the true “gods” of Tyria, whom were so disgracefully displaced by the human gods some time before they brought humans to Tyria in order to prepare the place, and they can only muster enough power to come and mess things up every few thousand years for revenge. The Pact discovers this and a way to harness a portion of their power after they are killed (think somewhat like how Kormir gained Abbadon’s power), so we trek back to Arah, find Zhaitan’s body, harvest his power, and delete Scarlet. This would give a better sense of finality to Zhaitan’s defeat, would give a good chance to explain and bring focus back to the Elder dragons a little more, allow us to get rid of Scarlet, and would provide a nice segue into going to defeat more of the Elder Dragons using our new found powers as part of the living story instead of cramming more characters and factions than there needs to be into the game.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Nah, instead of killing her, cure her!

Obviously some wacky asura accidentally (or maybe not!) sprayed her with some sort of experimental herbicide. I figure it was typical asura ‘unmitigated genius’ at work. The asura responsible was probably trying to come up with a way to get rid of weeds by scientifically altering non-weed plants so that they would aggressively attack weeds and other undesirable vegetation, and as usual something went disastrously wrong.

Scarlet’s inherent irreverence and predilection for questioning authority was no doubt well-balanced by her cheerful good nature and desire to bring joy and happiness to all, but the herbicide’s aggro-boosting qualities overrode those positive qualities and turned her into a maniacal (and madcap) uber-gardener who sees everyone and everything as weeds that must be torn up by the roots and mulched.

Surely there must be a cure out there somewhere!

The table is a fable.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Dont forget to use that tree dude from the personal story as tinder for the fire.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I want Mad King to smoke Scarlet.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

If you read into the LS, and I mean really read into it, there is a method to the madness.

Made my day.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The way they explained the removal of f/u sounds like scarlet is going to be in the game for a while.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

The way they explained the removal of f/u sounds like scarlet is going to be in the game for a while.

And they add her in the invasion world event. More and more, I would bet Anet and Angel will shove Scarlet Sparkle into anything ingame, like WvW or even Fractal.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

She knows how to stop the Elder Dragons’ rampage. That’s the only way I can think of the character actually being used for something. Or she at least knows more about the dragons sucking Tyria dry of magic.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’d rather just see the same posters make thread after thread on the same topic as if their opinion is law.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Alkyone.7983

Alkyone.7983

Know who ought be burning on a pole? The people who even thought (and I don’t even want to use “thought” because that’d be too much credit for their part, stealing the whole concept from somewhere else too obvious I won’t even mention) of that character.

in Twilight Assault

Theundersigned.4761

I don’t know why people think death is so easily ‘flauntable’.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

Is it me or people didn’t read her short story at all?
Scarlett is, of course, a 100% plagiat on Harley quinn, but it’s good enough for the game level. Its not like we had a proper made character after Rurik anyway.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

Like Vizier Khilbron wasn’t, right?

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

The “Short Story” came out as a fanfic and is one of the driving point that made Scarlet a mary sue.

Like Vizier Khilbron wasn’t, right?

I would say “go play GW 1” but I take it that you said that out of spite because someone does not like it when they insulted their favorite villain without any backing to it up.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I’ll leave this here for people who may not have read it. Particularly newer players.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World

This article, written by Ree Soesbee, was released around the time GW2 was announced(6 years ago!) to give fans an idea of the setting in the next game. I highly recommend that you check it out if you are an avid GW fan.

To me it sets up a rather epic story arc. I and many other fans waited eagerly for 5 years to see how it would develop.

And here we are…

I really like the holiday and seasonal events. Aside from that, the living story seems to be completely random, and the advent of Scarlet Briar (seriously, what the hell kind of name is that?) cemented that for me.

Scarlet and the Aetherblades don’t feel like they’re in line with the theme of Guild Wars at all; it’s just a childish pseudo-steampunk throwaway. One can only hope that the game’s writers will take the hint and squash this character and storyline before the game becomes a laughingstock.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

They probably won’t. But they should.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

not much scarlet love in this thread or the entire forum. I think only one person has posted something positive about her. One out of many.

I wonder if the writers are thinking “Hmmm, where did we go wrong? why doesn’t everyone like her, people think the Joker is a good villain”

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I wonder if the writers are thinking “Hmmm, where did we go wrong? why doesn’t everyone like her, people think the Joker is a good villain”

Probably don’t realize that they made her seemingly too smart to be believable.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Twilight Assault

Nilkemia.8507

Correction: Everything she’s accomplished up to this point is too nonsensical to be believable.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Plot twist: Scarlet marries Traherne and retires. The end.

I ? Karkas.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

No! What if their mary-sue plant-baby gets introduced as our next Personal Nemesis, or WORSE, a supreme leader whom we must follow?!? “This won’t die die die well”??? cringe

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Twilight Assault

Nilkemia.8507

Have Trehearne create a powerful ritual to retcon her out of existence.

Is it sad that I’d actually prefer him being back in the Living Story now, rather than what we’ve got?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

OMFG don’t open the gates of Apocalypse

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

I must have missed it. Where in the game can it be found?

in Twilight Assault

Theundersigned.4761

I must have missed it. Where in the game can it be found?

Oooh. Very subtle veiled criticism.

I like it.

in Twilight Assault

MastaNeenja.1537

Have Trehearne create a powerful ritual to retcon her out of existence.

Is it sad that I’d actually prefer him being back in the Living Story now, rather than what we’ve got?

Yeah why isn’t he in the LS now? I mean it’s not like he has anything better to do now that you did his Wild Hunt for him. He wasn’t a bad character, much better than what we have now. It was just how he was used in the game/plot that wasn’t very likeable at least that’s how i see it.

in Twilight Assault

Nilkemia.8507

No! You foo—

Shiro Tagachi revives, kills Kormir, steals her power and uses the Jade Wind on all of Cantha, preparing to slam Cantha into Tyria.

Vizier Khilbron comes back and absorbs Zhaitan’s power, becoming the new leader of the Risen and pushing the Pact out of Orr.

The Mursaat, led by Lazarus the Dire, return in force and descend upon Divinity’s Reach and kill the queen, then begin indoctrinating the citizens of Kryta to serve them, and killing/sacrificing those who resist.

Gaheron Baelfire returns and becomes and even bigger fire-lich, blowing up the Black Citade——

Ok, no, that one wouldn’t happen. But the other three probably would, and much worse, if what you say comes to pass. Besides, not even Trehearne deserves to have to put up with Scarlet. That’s just too evil.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)