OMG, not Scarlet again

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Saw the release page. Smiled when I saw Nightmare Court coverage.

Frowned and sighed when I saw Scarlet was involved. I hope her plot isn’t dragged out much longer, and that the next big LW thing is a bit more cleverly written (into the game, too). Recurring anime/cartoon villain is exactly how she feels to me.

Even heard someone I don’t know on Teamspeak last night say that whether or not they turned up for the next part of LW depended on whether it was more Scarlet rubbish. It’s not just the forums, and it’s not even hate. A lot of people just find her boring and irrelevant to the game.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Well then, atleast we might be able to kill her now? Would that make you happy?

How Anet’s been treating Scarlet in interviews… expect her to be around for a while. Given Scotts mention of a couple years between ED plots, if we were to take that seriously, expect her to last to the end of 2014 at least.

D: Scarlet until the end of 2014? Anet will start losing playerbase before you can say “die die die, die die”…
Well, I truly hope they improve their poor storytelling and start presenting stuff in the actual game, NOT on in random blog post.

We need a villain with wider appeal and motives. Perhaps one that makes us question if we’re the hero or if they are as they call into question what we think we know about the dragons. Or one with a straight forward goal, but a more refined sense of style and approach. Whatever we get, it can’t be someone made to match characters we’re not playing.

This. Any kind of character depth to the existing cardboard cut-outs like Trahearne or Scarlet, would be much appreciated.

“Man this villain again, why can’t anet give us something new that we havent seen before?”

WRONG. Fanbase cries have been the opposite. We don’t want something new and random the whole time, we want expansion of the Tyrian lore! There are so many plotlines that need resolving, both from Personal Story, DE story, GW1 story. It would take years of storytelling for those, so why waste time on poorly developed villain of the week like Scarlet?

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Recurring anime/cartoon villain is exactly how she feels to me.

“Looks like Team Scarlet’s blasting off again!”

That was already pretty much the feeling after the last time we saw her. The only good thing about Scarlet at the moment is her VA hamming it up.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Scarlet is too fun, Anet spoils us way too often.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

I hoped that I wouldn’t have to say this, but…

I am disappointed.

I am disappointed that Anet chose to shove a widely hated character further into our throats.

Anet had every chance to simply stop using Scarlet forever when the fanbase made its dislike of Scarlet loud and clear, especially since Anet is clearly not going to use Trahearne ever again. But nope, they thought it would be a brilliant idea to use Scarlet again.

I have no idea why Anet is so much in love with mary sues (Kormir, Mhenlo, Trahearne, and Scarlet… You’d think they would have learned their lesson with Kormir and ESPECIALLY Trahearne), but it’s clear that no matter how loudly we make our opinions clear, Anet is always going to shove mary sues down our throats.

The saddest thing is that the most significant permanent content (excluding Tequatl change) added to GW2 lately has been freaking Scarlet content. Apparently Anet thought the Bazaar to be unworthy of being permanent content simply because it didn’t have Scarlet Sue.

I love GW2, so it pains me to see Anet take it to such a terrible direction. At this rate, Anet is going to turn mountains on the world map into Scarlet’s face as permanent content.

I don’t feel like playing GW2 anymore so long that Anet aggressively desires to shoehorn Scarlet into everything. I might just have to go and uninstall GW2 and take my business somewhere else.

I might return should Anet make the right decision to gruesomely kill Scarlet off or retcon her out of GW2. But with Anet being in love with her, that won’t happen.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jabronius.8674

Jabronius.8674

I suspect Tara Strong’s voice work was already paid for and recorded, so ANet can’t really afford not to use it, even if Scarlet is unpopular.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Recurring anime/cartoon villain is exactly how she feels to me.

“Looks like Team Scarlet’s blasting off again!”

That was already pretty much the feeling after the last time we saw her. The only good thing about Scarlet at the moment is her VA hamming it up.

You forgot the ding!

Yes, Tara Strong is awesome. It’s the character, or more so her writing and the way she jars with Tyria, that I loathe.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Ewww Scarlet, she’s such a crappy villain. I hope we finish her off quickly or they pull a rabbit out of a hat and she develops into someone interesting. Considering the writing so far I’m not counting on it.

Also I can’t stand the way she was introduced into the game. She was trained by the best, the only non asuran to be allowed to into the colleges and she was never spoken of until her sudden appearance. Someone this special and known should of been mentioned somewhere in the game before her arrival.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Didn’t you guys heard, one of the people who did dungeons got fired a while back. Probably that’s why they are looking at dungeons now, chances are if we’re lucky since ANet love Living Story so much, they will use Scarlet as a tool to revamp all dungeons and make a living story out of it.

Attachments:

Success is my only option, failure is not.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Why all the hate towards the ONLY villain with an actual personality and interesting background and story?? (not counting the Mad King here)

What personality? She’s just a one dimensional cackling villain, a poor mans joker.

Coupled with the fact that she’s a complete mary sue of a villain.

Seeing the person voicing Scarlet IS the SAME person who voice Harley Quinn.

But no, you are wrong.

She is awesome. Deal with it.

Tara Strong is the newest person to voice the legendary Supervilliness In injustice and Arkham city. If they would have Arleen Sorkin her original voice actor to play scarlet i would have jumped for flipping joy i am not knocking Tara strong but Arleen Sorkin is the better harley but tara dose scarlet better cause her voice has that childish sound about it that just sounds perfect for scarlet.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Just nuke the plot hole named Scarlet for good (she is just wrong, in too many ways. period.) and give us a real in lore and properly backgrounded villain.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

All I know is that she got in and graduated from all 3 Asuran colleges… That’s what the NPC told me…

And I was like “WTF? My Asuran cant even do that. I thought Picking a single college was a serious and lifetime choice. She has three?”

Many of the Sylvari have this feel to them because of the way their race was treated. They are a young new race yet have the knowledge of the older ancient races. They are new to battle and war, yet possess battle strength and tactics that rival the char. They are delicate flowers but hearty like the Norn. They are naive and innocent but have intelligence that rival the Asruan. Immune to the dragon corruption for… reasons… they can grow their own armor out of their bodies, they seem so far to be genetically immortal, and most importantly they glow in the dark! (If you don’t think that is the most awesome power they get then you have lost your inner child.)

I don’t think Scarlet is a Villain sue because all the sylvari have entirely ridiculous ability. They all are as far as I’m concerned.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

I don’t think Scarlet is a Villain sue because all the sylvari have entirely ridiculous ability. They all are as far as I’m concerned.

I knew there was a reason I didn’t like them. They’re just poorly written to begin with. That and I’m not very into the whole “fey” culture. Sure, I like “Lost Girl”, but that has more to do with how delicious Kenzi is than all the Faeries and their Courts. Sylvari with their Dreaming remind me way too much of Changeling and how it destroyed WoD. I feel the Sylvari do the same thing to GW2, and Scarlet is just a condensed, coalesced, concentrated exemplar of everything that is wrong with them. She’s the worst problems of the Sylvari as a race, wrapped up into one little ball we can hate on.

So I will. Kitten gotta go.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

This is the Mad King’s month end of story!

Mad King and Scarlet are going to fight.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

The Mad King will have a salad with dinner!

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The Mad King will have a salad with dinner!

Oh no joke!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I like Scarlet, I think she is funny. /shrug.

Hope she gets to make more appearances.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Post is paid for by Anet RS team.
Please, don't forget to buy some Quaggan Backpacks*

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Yes if anybody likes scarlet they have to be an employee of anet because no one would ever like something you don’t like.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Katran.9186

Yes if anybody likes scarlet they have to be an employee of anet because no one would ever like something you don’t like.

Not true. I admit that people can sincerely love dubstep, russian government and PewDiePie. But Scarlet? Seriously? Stereotypical cartoonish villain sue, vicious clone of Harley Quinn? She’s good for 11 year old players, maybe. Those, who whined about Liadri, Tequatl, SAB and stuff

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

“Later, tater!” grew my tolerance of scarlet by a mile

Disciple of Quag

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Not true. I admit that people can sincerely love dubstep, russian government and PewDiePie. But Scarlet? Seriously? Stereotypical cartoonish villain sue, vicious clone of Harley Quinn? She’s good for 11 year old players, maybe. Those, who whined about Liadri, Tequatl, SAB and stuff

Hmm, I’m not 11 years old, nor have I whined about teq, sab, or liadri. (I’ve made post about teq, but it has more to do with overflows and organizations than it does teq himself)

This actually might be the first or second time I’ve mentioned Liadri in a post.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Katran.9186

Hmm, I’m not 11 years old, nor have I whined about teq, sab, or liadri. (I’ve made post about teq, but it has more to do with overflows and organizations than it does teq himself)

This actually might be the first or second time I’ve mentioned Liadri in a post.

That was just a little pin in a direction of casual players who don’t really bother themselves with content. Scarlet could be much greater if she would be really A VILLAIN. Just imagine – she kills…well, not Faren, Faren is nice. She kills Braham. In a very grimdark way and just for fun. She doesn’t use a cartoonish club to kill you. She takes, let’s say, a rapier and starts a Liadri level fight, making bunch of extra holes in you. She sets half of Divinity Reach on fire and slaughters citizens. (Not 15 people audience with that miserable cheesy episode of a girl protection). And invasions that really affect the world, not just crowds of mobs waiting for deaths in special spots (except dredges. The fact that they're just standing in place is explained) Now that would be mad villain.
What do we have instead? An unfunny clown trying to be chaotic evil.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I still say that people are saying she’s a Villain Sue simply because they do not like the character. Her main super power here is that she’s smart. That’s hardly any different than many other villains.

As I said earlier. She did not master everything. She left before she mastered what she was learning. She learned just enough about the topic before deeming the rest unimportant. Generally, as being a villain sue is a form of wish fulfillment, they actually are intended to be victorious in everything. As it is, she simply has a backstory to flesh out her rather non-committal and non-conformist personality, and give some explanation for why she’s capable of turning the Clockwork Knights into the nightmares. Past that, she’s failed at kidnapping Queen Jenna. She was driven out of pavillion and her captives were rescued. She’s been “beaten” at countless invasions. Most characters discount her as being a crazy loon and while she may be a threat, I don’t see characters treating her unbeatable.

And let’s be fair to Arenanet here. They’re mostly clarifying things, not back-peddling. It was never specifically stated that she completed every college, just that she was able to enter each college. They never said she truly saw the eternal alchemy. They merely implied that she had some kind of other worldly experience, and saw things. It’s never really stated exactly what she saw, but it’s clear that it’s what tipped her over the edge to being completely insane. In fact, one of the asura states that seeing the eternal alchemy is impossible.

So I still think people are taking this Villain/Mary Sue thing a bit too far. Let’s give Arenanet a couple more story updates and see how it goes. I personally think it should be interesting to see how something like Caithe reacts to Scarlet.

Just because you like her doesn’t make her a good villain. I think there is more indicated in her story that she is a villain sue than not. I think most people see the truth that Anet intended her to be amazing at everything (& no, there is nothing saying that she didn’t master those things. The implications are extreme that she was so smart & amazing that she tried everything everywhere & just that she got bored with them & moved on because they were too easy) & to keep harping on “we beat her, we beat her” it so utterly pointless. Every villain is foiled by the players repeatedly in some way. It’s the nature of games. (especially when they set it up so that when you beat her she acts like it’s what she wanted to happen all along) Zaitan, in-game, is an exorcise in failure so many times it’s hilarious. It has little to do with villain sue. (some of the definitions even talk about how defeat is often used to enhance the villain sues)
I think her attitude is the best indication of Villain sue there is. The writer clearly things she’s cleaver, sassy, fun girl that we’re supposed to like. She’s actually annoying as frick. On top of that, her personality is so obviously not-conducive to being able to muster an army that massive from alternate dimensions & factions that it’s just a: “Scarlet could do this because she’s so cool & uber!” reasoning that points to the wish-fulfillment of a villain sue.
& no, being more intelligent than any mortal in the GW universe (Asura are the most intelligent & admit she accomplish more than was possible) is not villain 101.
Also, it makes no sense for the pale tree to try to stop her from seeing the eternal alchemy unless she’s seeing the eternal alchemy. It’s back pedaling, & it’s good they are doing it.

You might like her, but I think you’re using that as a reason to say she’s not a Villain Sue, more than people saying the opposite. but bth, it doesn’t matter, it’s more that she’s horrible than that she’s a Sue. it’s just Sues are generally awful.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

Why all the hate towards the ONLY villain with an actual personality and interesting background and story?? (not counting the Mad King here)

What personality? She’s just a one dimensional cackling villain, a poor mans joker.

But no, you are wrong.

shes not awesome never will be and will be forgotten as soon as she gets (hopefully) killed by the player

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

But no, you are wrong.

shes not awesome never will be and will be forgotten as soon as she gets (hopefully) killed by the player

She will never be forgotten by the players as a whole, she’s one of my favorite villains of GW2, tied with Faolin and second only to Kudu, god rest his evil little soul =(.

Just because you don’t like her doesn’t mean she’s a bad villain, nor does it mean everyone will spontaneously forget about her.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

But no, you are wrong.

She will never be forgotten by the players as a whole, she’s one of my favorite villains of GW2, tied with Faolin and second only to Kudu, god rest his evil little soul =(.

Just because you don’t like her doesn’t mean she’s a bad villain, nor does it mean everyone will spontaneously forget about her.

she wont be in fact if anybody does recall her its because shes a plagiarized version from much MUCH better villains and, characters her mere existence is a insult to well written characters. She not a homage or rendition in clever way just a poorly written Mary sue plagiarized that make Paul Dini and Bruce Timm cry this is what their creation influenced this THING.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I love Twilight Sparkle, Scarlet Briar and Twilight Scarlet. I love Scarlet’s character in the game, and her voice actor is perfect. I’m glad she’s coming back and I can’t wait to see what’s in store!

Even if mashing the two together does produce a bit of a Huuuurrrrr image.

Attachments:

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

As much as I like John Dimaggio, aka Bender from Futurama, Crispin Freeman, or Wendy Lee I won’t let voice casting influence my take on a poorly put together character.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aeon.1674

Aeon.1674

They said that the Living Story was divided into “seasons” like a series, and that the one with Scarlett would last to around January…. I cannot say if she will continue into next seasons Living Story, but I doubt that.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

Risen Thrall- ‘’ Everyone, COME ’’ – ‘’Death, good’’ ANYDAY over kittenty scarlet childish laugh and ‘’ OHH YOU BEAT ME I WILL NOW GIVE UP AND BE A BETTER PERSON’’ made me cringe to death. Its so basic and kittenty i had to turn of the sound.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The more we get into the Living Story, the more it’s starting to feel like an ongoing episode of Scooby Doo.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The more we get into the Living Story, the more it’s starting to feel like an ongoing episode of Scooby Doo.

150 Laurels for an Endless Dog Tonic, coming soon?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

dat epitaph….

I thought she died when you beat the invasions. Since her laughter was of the dying variety.

That is what weirds me out the most, the text actually says “dying laughter”
Maybe she’s a lich now too. I don’t think I would be surprised at this point. She’s also probably Goku’s sister who round housed her way into another reality.

Hoopa doopa.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

Would be nice if there was a twist that ended her, like a subordinate uses some showdown scarlet has with players just to assassinate her, kind of like roman emperors being taken down by their close ‘allies’.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Would be nice if there was a twist that ended her, like a subordinate uses some showdown scarlet has with players just to assassinate her, kind of like roman emperors being taken down by their close ‘allies’.

That would be really neat, though I’m sure people would be angry if they didn’t get to personally kill her but meh.

Actually a thought just occured to me, it’d be pretty awesome if Canach showed up and redeemed himself by killing Scarlet. Kind of out of left field but I would really like to see Canach involved in more living story stuff, there aren’t many good anti-heroes in the game.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

1. I don’t like her because she’s Sylvari. We should only have Asuran evil geniuses. Hehe.
2. I don’t like her even more because apparently she’s voiced by some pony freak thing
3. She just… Doesn’t click with me. I can’t get excited about “Scarlet Lore”. I took my boyfriend around Ascalon earlier, explained Charr history, female oppression, and introduced him to the Scorch warband. It was interesting, engaging, it meant something. What can I say about Scarlet? She’s some giggly cow who thinks she’s all that, hopefully just a blip on my lore experience radar. Quickly forgotten.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

the only reason id like her to survive this is if we team up with thorn to take her out (only one super maniac allowed on tyria)

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Laundry.5120

Laundry.5120

Scarlet is a terrible villain to anyone who’s so much as read any other literature other than MMO plots, or really anyone who took sixth grade English.

Lavanderie – 80 Mesmer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Electrique – 80 Engineer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Meical.4697

Meical.4697

I like her for the fact that she seems kind of like a comic book villainess. “I’m kidnapping your queen, and oh, by the way, I planyed bombs around the city. Have fun.” That made me laugh pretty hard, more than I can say for some of the others you encounter.

As for finally killing her, I doubt it. From her back story she “saw” the future for her people and grand plan for them. I feel like she’ll be around for awhile till she gets the ball rolling on whatever that was.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Katran.9186

1. I don’t like her because she’s Sylvari.
2. I don’t like her even more because apparently she’s voiced by some pony freak thing

Obvious troll is obvious.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I like Scarlet and the events are better then any dragons. Dragons are so much overdone in all games that I really don’t better to see any of them.
If Scarlet creates a new counter force to all Tyria then this is good start to have something similar to the While Mantles in GW1.
I’s rather see the Scarlet story developing a lot more then some recycled festival events.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Aisina.4963

1. I don’t like her because she’s Sylvari.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I’ve never been called a troll before! I don’t think I was trolling…
Maybe if I explain a bit more?

Re: point number one; I LOVE Asurans. Everything Asuran is, for me, what makes GW2 epic and amazing and fun and whoosh! So the idea of some vegetable in my characters lab is laughable, let alone her attending all the colleges, and allegedly ‘seeing’ the eternal alchemy. I find it quite offensive, lore wise. (Yes I’m overly invested in my characters story!)

Re: point number two; how to explain this? As a woman, I find the whole brony thing both hilarious and disturbing. I’m all for watching the programs we enjoyed as children, the odd episode here and there are great for memories. But it goes way past that. I find it creepy, I’m just glad I’ve got a sane other half. Well as sane as you can get!

OT: still can’t get excited about more Scarlet. I’m trying. Really trying.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

^You don’t like her because she is voiced by someone that also voiced a pony? Really? Even if I didn’t like ponies I would respect the work of the voice actress, she has nothing to do with it, she needs to work.

Tara voiced MANY characters, not only a pony. Please, show some respect for her work. One character has nothing to do with the other but her voice. She voiced Harley Quinn, Omi (Xiaolin Showdown), Raven (Teen Titans), Melody (Little Mermaid II), Dil (Rugrats) and many other characters.

And the My Little Pony bronies watch is not the same My Little Pony you may have watched as a child, but this is irrelevant for the topic.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Aisina.4963

^You don’t like her because she is voiced by someone that also voiced a pony? Really? Even if I didn’t like ponies I would respect the work of the voice actress, she has nothing to do with it, she needs to work.

Tara voiced MANY characters, not only a pony. Please, show some respect for her work. One character has nothing to do with the other but her voice. She voiced Harley Quinn, Omi (Xiaolin Showdown), Raven (Teen Titans), Melody (Little Mermaid II), Dil (Rugrats) and many other characters.

And the My Little Pony bronies watch is not the same My Little Pony you may have watched as a child, but this is irrelevant for the topic.

Argh. I was merely voicing my opinion that what many see as a pro, I see as a con. I’ve seen lots of people say “omg I love scarlet because she’s voiced by so and so” – which I don’t think should be brought into a conversation about her actual character. For example, you may have a favourite actor, and you may love many of their films. But just because that actor is in a film, doesn’t make it a good film.

It works the other way too I suppose. I love Zojja, but I find her voice actor extremely irritating. Is that going to make me love Zojja less? No it’s that disconnection.

Is this making sense? My discomfort was that Scarlets poor character was being excused by having a relatively well known voice actor. I would be happier if she was voiced by someone unknown so people would judge Scarlets character instead.

My focus on the pony thing was because I had not heard of her before and that was all I had seen people mention. I haven’t watched any of the things you listed either Gabby ^^ – I’m sure she is very talented, and i wasn’t judging her or the quality of the voice work.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

The new dungeon does not really help my standing on Scarlet at all. She was extremely childish here and she rank up her villain sue buy not only capturing Caithe easily, but insulting her and bragging about this for the next ten minutes.

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Drakkon.4782

The new dungeon does not really help my standing on Scarlet at all. She was extremely childish here and she rank up her villain sue buy not only capturing Caithe easily, but insulting her and bragging about this for the next ten minutes.

-headdesk-
-headdesk-
-headdesk-
-headdesk-
-headdesk-
-headdesk-
-headdesk-

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

She’s obviously a slave to the Elder Dragons.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)

OMG, not Scarlet again

in Twilight Assault

Drakkon.4782

Just because we’re getting the content for free doesn’t mean we’re willing to accept content that is total kitten. Scarlet is the most kitten kitten kitten I have seen pushed on a gaming community since … ever. As it’s free, we may not deserve better, but we’re demanding better.