Ooze place? Game not for me?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

I get to Ooze place group fails it a few times and whole group just quits.

I was looking forward to this update a lot today after how much I disliked the Teq update. I used to really enjoy this game and think this game is definitely for me. With each update this game feels like it is less and less for me.

Would anyone pay for this dungeon update if it was DLC?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah, even after completing the dungeon I have to admit that the Ooze section is just a pita, especially for PuGs.

It’s not because it’s mechanically difficult, but just that there are so many minor nuisances with it (like Oozes getting killed in their spawn location). You also have to make sure both arrive at roughly the same time.

It’s similar to the old opening of CoF path 3. Not difficult per se but try doing it in a group without voice-com….

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Drama much?
So you dislike two updates in a row because you get frustrated. If that makes you believe ‘the game is not for you’ then let it be and move on.

You’re getting your panties in a bunch over content that doesn’t even make up a single % of the game.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I got only problem with burning applied to oozes to far from fire. Ooze was in the middle of the “road”, no elementals there, and it still get damage from fire.
Seems like bug than l2p issue.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Drama much?
So you dislike two updates in a row because you get frustrated. If that makes you believe ‘the game is not for you’ then let it be and move on.

You’re getting your panties in a bunch over content that doesn’t even make up a single % of the game.

Problem is that ANet has back-burnered 98% of the content in the game, so a half a percent of the total content is more like 25% of the featured content.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Especially new group content usually requires some communication to be run successfully. A point were pugs notoriously suffer. Start talking and organizing, and your pug might actually turn out to be quite good. Not a guarantee, but a decent chance…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

My totally blind PUG did the ooze room in about four tries. One of those was figuring out what to do, the second one was figuring out that you only had 10 seconds to get the second ooze.

So, we did it in two tries.

We communicated. Suck it up and do it.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: maelstorm.6074

maelstorm.6074

GW is turning into multiplayer version of Super Mario, very sad…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Drama much?

Pointless much?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Ill admit, the ooze room is a PITA. But, the base game is already like 100% faceroll so it’s super refreshing to start seeing some end game content that offers a challenge and requires communication, thought and strategy. (I am referring to both the tequatl update and the new TA path) IMHO, end game content not only should, but NEEDS to offer a challenge for end game play. I for one wouldn’t mind seeing a dungeon that takes us a month to figure out and finish as a community. It’s the kind of thing that should foster conversations and strategies. And once we are able to finish that dungeon, i would like a new one, even tougher. This is the kind of stuff that keeps end gamers coming back. Not new faceroll achievements that can be grabbed in a few hours and forgotten about. Finishing a new encounter or dungeon should be a huge achievement and should contain huge rewards.

And please don’t get me wrong, Im not talking about exclusivity or “NOOBS not welcome” etc. Heck, Im casual by any definition. I’ve been playing since launch and only have 2 level 80’s and zero ascended weapons. So it’s not about being hardcore. It’s about having a reason to keep logging in. It’s about that dungeon calling you back and taunting you, saying “yeah you and your friends may have made it this far but you’ll never reach the end of me!” lol, i know, kind of weird but i imagine many will know what feeling im referring to. Nothing beats the feeling of jumping back into group with your friends and saying “ok guys, so what did we learn last time, what are we gonna try this time, and is everyone ready!?”

So i guess, TLDR; If you are getting frustrated, try changing your perspective. Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey. For if you do, the reward at the end will be ever so much sweeter for it. And if your not careful, you may even find yourself having a lot of fun along the way.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

The whoel path is absolute garbage….the irony of them replacing TA f/u for this lol

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Would anyone pay for this dungeon update if it was DLC?

Hah! No, but not because of the reasons you stated.
A single dungeon update is not worth paying for and I don’t have money for such expenses.

So, in case it isn’t clear enough, I did like the dungeon and have completed it two out of two times.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I pugged it and completed it in 2 minutes.

Either you have no clue what you are doing or you are playing with players who don’t know how to play (i.e. aoeing instead of single targeting)

This is permanent content. No need to rush through and expect to faceroll everything.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

It just takes communication and a group that doesn’t rage quit.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s not that the game is not for you. That particular group of people is not for you.

I did this last night with a PUG and it went a bit like this:

• We run in, kill everything, realise the door is closed and look for ways to open it.
  • Some people click the plants and realise they’re attacting oozes, others read the comments in chat from…Caithe? We put 2 and 2 together and realise we need to get the oozes to the door.
  • Everyone starts dragging over their own ooze. Some die to the lava elementals, one gets there and….nothing happens. We decide we need more than 1 ooze.
  • We split into 2 groups (one pair, one 3) with one person leading an ooze and 1 or 2 defending with single target attacks (so we don’t kill the ooze) and knockbacks.
  • By coincidence we got 2 oozes there almost together and the door opens.

All it really took to figure it out was talking to each other – sharing the little bits each person had figured out. (And BTW we did this entirely in in-game chat, not a voice chat program.)

The rest of the dungeon was pretty much the same. First attempt we’d just rush in and act largely independantly, then if that failed we’d compare notes and figure out a plan. We were able to do the whole thing relatively easily, for a new and intentionally hard dungeon.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Twilight Assault

FenrirSlakt.3692

It’s not that the game is not for you. That particular group of people is not for you.

• We run in, kill everything, realise the door is closed and look for ways to open it.
  • Some people click the plants and realise they’re attacting oozes, others read the comments in chat from…Caithe? We put 2 and 2 together and realise we need to get the oozes to the door.
  • Everyone starts dragging over their own ooze. Some die to the lava elementals, one gets there and….nothing happens. We decide we need more than 1 ooze.
  • We split into 2 groups (one pair, one 3) with one person leading an ooze and 1 or 2 defending with single target attacks (so we don’t kill the ooze) and knockbacks.

All it really took to figure it out was talking to each other – sharing the little bits each person had figured out. (And BTW we did this entirely in in-game chat, not a voice chat program.)

The rest of the dungeon was pretty much the same. First attempt we’d just rush in and act largely independantly, then if that failed we’d compare notes and figure out a plan. We were able to do the whole thing relatively easily, for a new and intentionally hard dungeon.

Yes! This.
People need to remember than though this is a game, it still requires you to think. Everything in this dungeon can be figured out through sheer logic.

in Twilight Assault

Danikat.8537

Yes! This.
People need to remember than though this is a game, it still requires you to think. Everything in this dungeon can be figured out through sheer logic.

I think in my case it helps that I play a lot of single-player RPGs and Zelda games. So my default mode in games is to walk into a room and start looking for the puzzle or mechanic that needs to be solved to progress. I actually get more confused when I play games like Dragon Quest where you can just walk through most dungeons, killing monsters along the way.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Not difficult per se but try doing it in a group without voice-com….

Did it last night first go around in a PUG from the LFG tool.
Took about 10 minutes to clear.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Twilight Assault

FenrirSlakt.3692

I think in my case it helps that I play a lot of single-player RPGs and Zelda games. So my default mode in games is to walk into a room and start looking for the puzzle or mechanic that needs to be solved to progress. I actually get more confused when I play games like Dragon Quest where you can just walk through most dungeons, killing monsters along the way.

Yeah, if only more people had played Zelda games (figuring the puzzles on their own. No Google).

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

The game as a whole could still be for you. That doesn’t mean that all the content will be, though, and the last couple big content additions have focused on endgame content for relatively hardcore players. That might not be the content for you, and that’s fine. We’ve got festivals coming up that should be more generally accessible.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lightly.6843

Lightly.6843

All I have to add is that I PUG’d this last night with great group and got to the final boss. It took us a few tries with the ooze to open the door but once we sync’d up it was fairly straight forward.

We literally got the final boss to 5% and got unlucky with a DC. This was after several attempts. I know any PUG can do it because I did it and most certainly I will go back in to make sure I kill this boss.

Frankly its nice to see content that is challenging. For me personally I really have to think about my profession and ask myself “what can I do better to help my team?”.

If this kind of content is not for you then don’t do it. Simple as that.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: baflgraf.1472

baflgraf.1472

The problem with this perspective is that a lot of players continue to log on to experience temporary content and gain time limited rewards (I realize that this dungeon is sticking around, but the meta is not). If the content is too difficult for them to complete in the given timeframe, they are less likely to log on next update.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Right, but since Anet have given themselves no other way to introduce new content, and since they still need to introduce more challenging content from time to time, they’re kind of stuck.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Yes, two updates of challenging content, the entire game must not be for you.

/drama

Blackgate

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: NightmareSGX.3209

NightmareSGX.3209

I tried to do it in a different way. I let the left side ooze die once, tag all elementals on the left side with a scepter and go to the gate cog. Making sure i have 4 or 5 on me and alive, that way they do not respawn. Then i just sat there at the cog with my guardian throwing up walls and shields blocking the elemental attacks while the other members kite the oozes without any worries. I could not pull 2 fire elementals from the right side because then you lose the agro from the left side elementals but whatever, 3 people on the right side were able to take care of those 2 fire elementals without any problems. I hope this strategy helps some people.

in Twilight Assault

Danikat.8537

The problem with this perspective is that a lot of players continue to log on to experience temporary content and gain time limited rewards (I realize that this dungeon is sticking around, but the meta is not). If the content is too difficult for them to complete in the given timeframe, they are less likely to log on next update.

In this case the dungeon itself and the achievements in the dungeon category are permanent, so you’ll be able to do them after the 2 week period has ended, just like you can still do the Tequatl fight and achievements.

It’s only the meta achievement under the Living Story category that’s temporary and that can be done entirely by completing the relevant daily achievements. I don’t know what all the dailies will be obviously but yesterdays was kill 25 Aetherblades which could be done entirely in one early part of the dungeon, or by catching one of the Invasion events. And since you only need 10 of them if one is too hard you can just skip it and wait for the next one.

That’s how I did the Tequatl meta-achievement. I think the only non-daily achievement I got was the one for finding the foot-print. I wasn’t actually intended to complete the meta either but most of them were ‘participate in any world boss fight’ and even with all the time I spent in SAB I apparently did enough to qualify.

in Twilight Assault

Rage.9723

Well I the topic creator tried again finally after a week of not playing this dungeon. I found a better group and beat this dungeon and it wasn’t that hard really.

The dungeon however is too long and I do not know why we keep getting extremely long dungeon content. Most people like the CoF path 1 length so why not keep the dungeon content closer to that length. It can still be very hard just not so long.

in Twilight Assault

Rage.9723

Also got the slick pack living story reward from getting a lot of achievements in one run. Will probably never do this path again since it is not rewarding for the effort put in.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

The ooze bit is fine. I’ve seen people I run this with get better with it every run, to the point we get this done rather quickly. If anything, this should teach people how to kite and use cc skills effectively, and that’s a good thing.

Also got the slick pack living story reward from getting a lot of achievements in one run. Will probably never do this path again since it is not rewarding for the effort put in.

30-45 mins with a competent team for 2g plus drops seems just fine to me. Yes, there is content that is rewarded better – AC for example – but also content that is rewarded far worse. FotM, I’m looking at you.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Apart from people being toxic brats & saying, I managed it L2P you must be fail…

It seems the issue again, is communication. GW2 said around beta they were adding in VOIP. This would make LOTS of pug dungeon runs LOTS smoother.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

The group I usually play with has done content like the Molten Alliance dungeon and we succeeded at that final boss fight even if we faceplanted learning how to do it. We have VOIP and used it with this dungeon.

IMO good game content like the Molten Alliance dungeon makes you want to try again when you fail, this encounter did not qualify. The ooze room was not the kind of content that made anyone in my group want to keep trying it. I’ve always thought that escort quests are some of the worst type of content in MMOs and this one not has you escort slow mobs with suicidal pathing that goes into lava but they’re trying kill you and can’t be healed.

I doubt ArenaNet will reveal the metrics, but it would be interesting to know if my group’s experience was an insignificant percentage of the playerbase or whether the vast majority finished this dungeon as easily as some posters here.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)