Oswald had a son??? O_O

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Arenanet uploaded screenshots for to-be-revealed Halloween event. I saw a new red door and BLOODY PRINCE here’s the link If you look at the end of URL you will read out BLOODY PRINCE is this Oswald’s or is he someone else, another mad dude?

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

scarlet briar is the mother

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

We’ll have to see if this release gets the “not terribly exciting” stamp like a number of them have. I feel for bad for any new players coming into the game’s LS and lore. On the bright side, we get to farm doors and candy nodes again!!!

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Since he was Royalty he probably had a lot of illegitimate kids, like Bowser.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Chances are he could have stole a kid, warped the poor soul, and turned him into a “son” like the Joker did Robin in the Animated Series.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lunastra.1098

Lunastra.1098

Well, according to some sources, Oswald had 8 wives in total – I wouldn’t be too surprised if he did have a real son. However, I don’t see them getting along too well :P

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes, Oswald had a son. In fact, based on NPC dialogue from last year’s Halloween story, when Oswald was finally murdered by conspirators against him, they also murdered his current wife and newborn son “in an attempt to eradicate the Thorn line from existence”. It’s unknown if this is the same son as Bloody Prince Edrick, or whether Edrick is Oswald’s son from an earlier marriage.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

^Since ghosts do not age in GW2 (Serena is still a kid, for example), Edrick must be a son from an earlier marriage.

I wonder if Edrick was murdered by his own father. I wouldn’t be surprised.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

MK is a pimp and half, he was married 8 times and looking royal families trough history you have to triple that number for the times he… did the candy corn dance.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Edrick’s existence was known since last Halloween, during the scavenger hunt at the very last (chronological) stop, where Wyn said they would ambush and kill Oswald, as well as his wife and son to end the Thorn bloodline for good, and put his cousin on the crown seeking apology.

@Zaxares: I don’t recall “newborn” and no mention of it on the wiki.

The line said: “Our strength is in our numbers. When he’s dead, we’ll go after the queen and the prince. End the Thorn line once and for all. "

Just “prince” no “newborn son.”

@Gabby: We never learned how old Thorn’s only-mentioned child was.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Zaxares.5419

@Konig: Huh… I might be misremembering, but I could have sworn that someone said that the next targets were the queen and Thorn’s infant/toddler son. I guess we’ll find out come the 15th.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m doubtful that Tessi’s previous actions will be available again given she’s related to the plot again per the preview page.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Zaxares.5419

Probably, but I meant that more along the lines that we’ll probably learn more about Edrick during the meta-event.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

So Scarlet had sex with The Mad King and out came The Bloody Prince ?

He’s their son ? Oh man, if that’s true it’s gonna be the best Halloween ever !

Are you Shpongled?

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Andele.1306

a) Thats not how (fast) sex works (even if a sylvari knowing what it feels to be prego would probably explain why she went nuts just as well as the short story)…
b) Interspecies doesnt work in GW
c) Scarlet is a asexual plant, MK is a eternal (possibly bit demonic-godly) spirit, even if point b would work they couldnt do it

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

a) Thats not how (fast) sex works (even if a sylvari knowing what it feels to be prego would probably explain why she went nuts just as well as the short story)…
b) Interspecies doesnt work in GW
c) Scarlet is a asexual plant, MK is a eternal (possibly bit demonic-godly) spirit, even if point b would work they couldnt do it

Well, maybe part of Mad King’s punishment in the realm of torment is to become kinda like the sea horses and he was the one that became pregnant..

After all, if you listened to my wife few years ago, being pregnant WAS a torment..

BTW… sylvari are not asexual… they are either male or female and have all functional male or female parts depending on gender… the one difference is that they don’t reproduce by sex so they don’t see gender as a restriction when it comes to love (and sex).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Andele.1306

BTW… sylvari are not asexual… they are either male or female and have all functional male or female parts depending on gender… the one difference is that they don’t reproduce by sex so they don’t see gender as a restriction when it comes to love (and sex).

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/sylvari/
http://gaygamer.net/2011/10/interview_guild_war_2s_ree_soe.html
http://www.wartower.de/artikel/artikel.php?id=651
By all accounts they are asexual in a sense of reproduction, everything that might look like a organ used for reproduction and/or raising children are there for looks/other reasons. Even if 2 sylvari have “sex” its more like 2 plants mixing their roots for a while or humans holding hands (since we know that unlike animal races their bark/skin is all the same in terms of pain).
That is also exactly the reason why they find other races funny and backwards, by not having a gender they cannot acknowledge that there are differences between males and females in other races, just as they dont understand why its shameful to walk around nude/they do shiz because of respect of other races not because its their nature.

Oswald had a son??? O_O

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

All I can say is, Thorn has a lot of explaining to do…

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)