Q. What specs is the PC lief is using ?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Just wondered what spec the pc is on the dev live stream game looks sick ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

It doesn’t really take a cutting edge PC to make the game look good, my PC is 2 years old and can run it on high settings perfectly.

AMD Phenom II X4 965
GeForce GTX 460
4 GB RAM

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

^^Is that a true quad core? How does it compare to the bulldozer?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

His game looked just as mine does. I’m on a Dell XPS Studio desktop, at least two years old, only upgraded once with a newer video card that wasn’t the best available because the best needed a bigger power supply than would fit in the case.

I’d have to research to figure out my specs, though, I’m not very techie. Still, while I picked components to support gaming, I’m not exactly on a top end gaming device and I handled the invasions on high settings without lag/fps impairment.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

I’d like to know what resolution that is. Looks higher than 1920×1080. Even at small UI. Which btw, is impossible to read TP text with (ever since beta), and has not been fixed yet.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The only part of any dungeon we’ve ever had hardcore lag in, is the evolved Destroyer in COE. (and that’s b/c they sucked at optimizing lava particles)

Lag rarely comes from the environment, it’s almost always from too many other player Entities with their own Particle effects. So his specs should be trivial in most cases for any 5-man dungeon.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

The only part of any dungeon we’ve ever had hardcore lag in, is the evolved Destroyer in COE. (and that’s b/c they sucked at optimizing lava particles)

Lag rarely comes from the environment, it’s almost always from too many other player Entities with their own Particle effects. So his specs should be trivial in most cases for any 5-man dungeon.

I do get much better performance in dungeons than the open world. Even on high settings it’s not bad, unless there are a lot of mobs.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

^^Is that a true quad core? How does it compare to the bulldozer?

It’s a true Quad-core. In single core threaded software, the Phenoms are often better suited then bulldozer (slightly faster per core, but only 4 of them, not. Also ‘floating point units’ are only 4 and not 8 in bulldozer, so bulldozer is like a 8 core non floating point units and 4 core fpu processor. It’s about as fast (maybe tad faster) then Intel Q-6600

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I’m more interested in his mesmer build… It looked awesome for PvE (long since gave up using my mes in WvW).

GW2 is only demanding in WvW or during mega-boss events. I can run it with all bells and whistles at 40-60FPS with:

- i5 2600k
- GeForce GTX 660Ti
- 16GB RAM (Not used for gaming, you only really need ~4GB)
- 7200 RPM HDDs

That was an upper-middle rig about 1 year ago – runs the game perfectly.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I’m more curious about what streaming software ANet usually uses for these.
My computer can run GW2 fine most of the time, but recording/streaming quality and performance is usually pretty bad with XSplit.