Scarlet is the BEST villain in GW2

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

Scarlet is horrible and you know she is horrible. A sylvari no more then 20 year old and is smarter then older asuras?

I think you’re mixing up ‘intellect’ with ‘wisdom’. The first is naturally acquired and can be honed, the second can only be acquired across a certain period of time.

She may be less wise than most of the Asura elders due to the young age of the Sylvari race as a whole but that certainly doesn’t mean that her being a genius makes her a Mary Sue.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

First off I’d like to say with all the complaint this is still all free content delivered to us twice a week and if arenanet just taking time to get it in a proper fashion on how it should be made im ok with that.

My main conern is like the rest is the chareterztion of scarlet she is in one word crazy and thats it. The problem with that the only thing revealed about her was a short story on your site, i myself didnt read it but listened to woodenpotatoes nartion of it which was nice and here is the main problem.

Why is the ONLY information about here isnt IN the game? do you relise most players dont know about her short story and even less read it. This should be a part of the living stroy in game and intreduced somehow to make players know that there is more to her or other charecters why is lore kept to minium is it the casual way? the lore for scarlet in game at the moment doesnt exist, and thats how i see it. Any information should be in game or otherwise not on your site maybe put a NPC to tell the story or somthing like that? heck give a minor achivment with the patch making more players wanting to read or even knowing its there.

This is the worst flaw so far lack of the living story so far, lack of information (lore) on most things going. its all in hints and suggestion well i cant even care for it or be intrested specualtion beucase since the living story started its all clues and nothing else!

I love this game and i love lore in any game in general and it can be done much better!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

After this dungeon I do want to see what secret she claims to have on Caithe.
Even if it was total bull I’d probably find that in character of her.
Though Caithe seems really ticked off at her, which makes it more fun for me.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i don’t know the best villain, i only know loot.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The only problem I have with Scarlet is her motive. She’s been behind so many things, and the only motive we have is “she’s crazy”. That just doesn’t cut it.

We haven’t revealed her motive yet. I can understand the confusion and/or frustration surrounding that so we’re looking at ways to accelerate the plot and implement some features that will make it easier to track Living World content. The first phase of that system will be implemented before the end of the year.

Oh, well in that case forget what I said

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: fabipm.4359

fabipm.4359

Living story = kitten.

You don’t know where you are going, the lore is poor or inexistent.

All of this to justify a small addition… Not addition, modification of the existing content that can be done in 1 hour.
Tequatl, did it, now what ? I wait two weeks for a new modification and I keep on doing the same things I’ve done for one year.
New path, did it, now what ? I wait two weeks for a new modification and I keep on doing the same things I’ve done for one year.

Wrong direction.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

lol..she is a total cliché and extremely annoying..and badly thought out…what the HELL are they playing at..its like they are trolling their players…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Scarlet from the short story is great.

Scarlet in game is sort of “meh”.

They should really try and get the pathos from the short stories better translated in game.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: salocinn.4120

salocinn.4120

Scarlet is a unique villain! When I usually see a villain i get like : “stop talking and die so I can get my loot!”
But with Scarlet it’s different cauz she says tons of funny stuff. I actually don’t wanna kill her cauz I want to hear more and more about the childish/funny kitten she has to say. So in a nutshell she’s amusing and makes me laugh so I wanna keep her around.
In the end it’s all a matter of taste.
If you don’t like her childish sense of humour let me tell you that a lot of players appreciate it.

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger
Kaze pewpew_80 Elementalist
Fergusons Crossing (Yarr)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

LOL

You guys are forgetting one important detail…

You don’t know what Scarlet’s motive yet…

How about you let them finish the story.

Flat Character LMAO
Not one you have a clue on the … (cough) letter on the subject.

Her base motive that started all this? I never personally said anything about her motive, but you’re addressing all of us, so.. I know what it is, and you should, too, if you’re fond of her. Your comment leads me to believe you don’t? It’s stated right in the short story.. and should have been in the game, but whatever.

It’s just an awful motive in this context and is a bit paradoxical. She’s raging against something which absolutely cannot be escaped.

Which has considerable potential, but the writers seem unaware of using it in a way which actually would be interesting. Heck, they might even be unaware of the paradox itself, I don’t know.

“That whole statement made no sense, and you are making statements for me, so I will do the same and bump my post at same time.”

So you are basically telling me by writing this you KNOW Scarlet is awesome, that is fantastic I only agree to that and nothing you ever stated before or after this comment about how you love Scarlet.

Nah. Just pointing out something you yourself stated. I don’t need to put words in your mouth for that, and I’m sorry if you had trouble understanding it.

You seem upset that others don’t like Scarlet. It’s fine to like her, but it’s probably best to recognize her for what she is and the caliber of writing put into her. You don’t need to defend yourself by trying to make her and her writing out to be something they’re plainly not. Like I said, I like watching awful old b-movies sometimes, I don’t have to try to compare them to Citizen Kane to justify my enjoyment of them to myself or anyone else. They’re bad movies and I like them because they amuse me, but a lot of people can’t stand things like Sharknado, even for comedic value. You like Scarlet, I don’t, and both of those things are okay.

Now, I’ll be bowing out of this back-and-forth between us, as I’ve said what needed to be said and, while I can hope, I don’t really see this exchange improving in tone. I have a pretty good idea why this thread was made in the first place, and I don’t have much interest in humoring any more than I already have.

(edited by Egon Vidar.9125)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

I don’t know much about Scarlet, I just know her voice acting drives me insane.

However, it’s not all bleak, she is one step below Traherne, who makes me play the story missions (starting with Claw island) with no sound.

‘This won’t end well’

PS: To the lead writer: accept the challenge to improve the story delivery method and come out on top; I don’t think it’s easy for anyone to take in so much criticism. best wishes.

PS2: Personally I’d like to see the LS story tie in with the main game lore (and existing characters) to a much larger extent.

(edited by Silver Chopper.4506)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

We haven’t revealed her motive yet. I can understand the confusion and/or frustration surrounding that so we’re looking at ways to accelerate the plot and implement some features that will make it easier to track Living World content. The first phase of that system will be implemented before the end of the year.

I’m delighted to hear that because, to be honest, I don’t think you’re really telling a story at all at the moment. It’s incoherent and not just because it’s so drawn out.

You’re providing a backdrop where, apparently, things are happening but you don’t seem to have the mechanisms required to tell an actual story: so much happens “off camera” that it’s like reading a handful of scattered pages from a book.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: kodiac.8473

kodiac.8473

I can’t wait until Palawa makes a grand return. He is my favorite

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The only problem I have with Scarlet is her motive. She’s been behind so many things, and the only motive we have is “she’s crazy”. That just doesn’t cut it.

Please let that system be an addition to the personal story tracker that tracks what we’ve done in the Living Story.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Canach – Well-Intentioned Extremist
Caudecus – kittenty sissy, should have been publicly executed by all rights
Zhaitan – Undead, so story is still up to be worked on
Karka Queen – you cannot really call a kitten ed off animal a enemy
Kudu – Went stupid because he messed with dragon powers he couldnt control or understand correctly, but quite developed if you go trough all the plot lines and kinda important for the overall ideals of the inquest/more of a avatar of a faction than “personal villain we should stop”
Gaheron Baelfire – kitten quasi/fire lich, still haunting and controlling the flame legion from the mists, thus same can be worked on status as Zhaitan
Faolain – kitten lesbian girlfriend of a “friend” who happens to be a psycho with a dark past, can be used as a metaphor for abusive relationships if a-net takes up such a heavy topic, quite well developed, but way too subtle for the general public (kinda like the penguin in batman, its a tragic story about society)
Scarlet Briar – Joker done wrong.

So from the list Scarlet is kinda in the middle…
Hell The Eye and Mouh of Zhai zhai were a better “personal villain” than Scarlet is, since they were the ones responsible for getting Apples and Cherry involved in the whole risen crap.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Chidori.9483

Chidori.9483

I don’t think the plot should be compromised (accelerated) just because players are unhappy that they don’t see Scarlet’s motive. I would much rather little hints be laying around, perhaps by talking to people in Rata Sum or other npc conversations that players could start piecing together to figure it out. Maybe a journal in that aetherblade jumping puzzle.

I love to read but what I really love about RPGs is the story can be taken beyond what you’re given if you look for it. For example, in Tales of Symphonia the player can find out extras about the main character’s mother if they take the time to travel out of their way during certain parts of the story. Additionally, you can help another character come to terms with being responsible for his lover’s death. I don’t remember there being any achievements for these things, just the understanding for what makes that character act the way they did. You can finish the game and have a clear understanding of the plot at the end but these extras help reinforce and create interest. Stuff like this is what I’d like to see.

LOYALTY | HONOR | DEDICATION | RESPECT | FAMILY | LIQUOR
_____________________ VANQUISH _____________________

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Gaheron Baelfire
-Wants to become god of the Flame Legion
-Becomes god for 5 minutes
-Dead

HAHAHAHA!!! Love it!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I don’t wanna be a living-in-the-past cliche` here, but let me do a little name droppin:

Most of these were very unique characters doing interesting, or mysterious but SPECIFIC and very Nefarious things that justified the title villain…. And most of them had a very profound impact on what the world is 250 year later.

Several of those are fantastic, but a little unfair. The good ones had a long time to develop. Everyone’s favorite Palawa was the star of an expansion plus a little content in the GW Beyond/Halloween, and GW2 villians haven’t had that chance yet. The LS is basically the first expansion to GW2 and it’s produced your favorite villain so far.

Many of the others on your list are cool just because we know almost nothing about them, which doesn’t really count for anything.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Besides, from the Scarlet short story, I see a huge difference. The Joker “just wants to watch the world burn” and Harley just wants to please him. Scarlet wants to burn the world and have a hand in recreating it. She is not crazy, she is enlightened. Still that is not a motive, just a frame of mind. Her motive is fueled by pure evil, self importance, and a paranoia that if she does not do this, then she doesn’t matter. To her, it seems like everyone lives and dies and the world is still how it is supposed to be, and she doesn’t like that. Crazy? No, she knows what she’s doing, and she is smart enough to know how we perceive right and wrong, but she just doesn’t care. Evil.

She’s a narcissistic, psychopathic sociopath. She’s self-absorbed, self-important, incapable of empathizing with others, and she hates what everyone else is doing and refuses to try and fit in. Instead, because of her narcissism, she wants to make everyone love her and do things her way. She’s bullied and threatened the Aetherblades into conforming to her will (“Have you met my Aetherbaldes? They work for me because… they like living.”), and when she gets defeated at the Jubilee, she sends mailbombs to the players.

While she is one of the most unbalanced characters to ever have been kittened out of someone’s fevered imagination in forever, she isn’t enlightened. She’s too self-absorbed to ever be enlightened. She cannot even conceive of what true enlightenment is because it isn’t her, and if it isn’t her, she doesn’t care.

And then there’s her “back story”. I put it in quotes because it’s the sort of thing that I was writing when I was 6. She’s applied to and been accepted by all 3 colleges of the Asura. What? No Asura has ever done that, so why would the racially stuck up and self-important Asura allow a walking salad to do it? She’s a blacksmith, but quit because it was too easy. In what universe? Smithing is hard work and leave very little time for anything else. She’s the Six’s answer to everything you’ll ever need. Blindly fall to your knees and worship her.

Excuse me, I’m actually becoming physically ill thinking about how poorly written and implemented she is.

Scarlet isn’t the best villian ever. She’s the worse plot device ever contrived. She’s the laziest type of writing there is. Evil isn’t monolithic, and yet she’s quickly making every evil faction in GW2 fall under her sway. What’s next for her? Dominating the Elder Dragons? The Inquest is secretly working for her all this time and they would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for you meddling players? Grand conspiracies don’t all tie up neatly under one little bow. They’re big messy self-conflicting affairs. They have lots of heads and lots of agendas, and none of them get along with one another for too long.

This isn’t normal, but on Scarlet Briar it is. Scarlet. Not even once.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ratchet.5416

Ratchet.5416

I would prefer some thought put into other villains, particularly Baelfire, who seems to have taken the crown of being absolutely boring, and frankly, it’s true. After all the buildup through his Legion constantly callign on him, I was looking forward to meet him… He’s used as a stepping stone to get Rytlock and Logan back together and his potential is completely wasted. This guy TECHNICALLY pulled off incredible things (nearly becoming a god, which only Kormir pulled off by taking Abaddon’s power and he seemingly does it on his own. Granted, who knows how he did it), but he’s written into absolute stupidity and has only two character traits displayed:

Being angry and ‘being a god’.

Scarlet I don’t actually mind that much. Saying that completely to stay on topic. :B

Vote Gnashblade!
And revive Baelfire.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Killerbot.8645

Killerbot.8645

Scarlet Briar is as bad a character as Jaina Proudmoore from WoW.

in Twilight Assault

Drakkon.4782

No, Scarlet is still worse.

Jaina is just a bad person, but her character isn’t broken. She’s simply unlikable. She’s a prodigy, but she isn’t excellent at everything. Everything doesn’t come to her without effort, only magic. In that aspect, she’s actually a well grounded character. Its her personality that is horrible. She has a martyr complex, a pathological need for everyone around her to get along, and she hangs around with the leaders of both factions. That makes her a problem. If they had her and Thrall get married, it would have solved a lot of problems they have with their story right now. Capt Chin wouldn’t have a reason to trust her, Thrall would still be leader of the Horde, and Garrosh would be some General in Pandaria screwing things up like he did in Northrend.

Scarlet, on the other hand, is everything I said in my last post. She’s as Mary Sue as you can get, and worse, Anet is looking for new ways to make her even more horrible. Get the herbicide and be done with her already.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Whether it be her, or the players or the npcs, no one is showing compelling reasons for anything. As of now, its more of a police effort, we are fighting her because she is breaking the law, thats about it. I understand not wanting to reveal all her cards early, but you really have to establish some sort of conflict/desire in the players, or npcs if you want to reveal some larger parts slowly.

and for the bits you do show, you have to make them more compelling as well. you guys dont seem to use the story telling tools you have that consistently, The moving comic like cutscene you used for lord faren and queen jenna with the queens gauntlet worked well, but you used that for a strictly comedy piece. While it did amuse me, and effectively showed the action and feeling, you could also use some of this type of thing for other things that need better story telling than your budget can spend on full blown 3d cutscenes/animation.

i know its difficult and the company is trying to adapt, but you guys really need to work on storytelling and fitting things into the world more. Most of the living story stuff feels very contrived, and forced in to the game lore/world. It definately seems like the content is designed, then the writers have to figure a way to fit it into the world with a few 40 second dialogs.

keep trying to evolve, but the primary focuses of story telling dont change much no matter the incarnation. Establishing the a driving force for the plot is something you almost always must do early. If we dont know scarlet’s reason, we need to know somebody’s, and it needs to feel worthy of wanting to go farther to find scarlet’s reason.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I’d like to have back Shiro.

I’ve forget a lot of names of stuff on Gw1, but there are 2 i still remember well:

Impossible Odds
Battle Scars

(even the names of Shiro’s skills are better than whole Scarlet package)

That said i fear that’s not possible, there is a strong lore lock on Shiro iirc (banished in FC, stomped again in NF).

Shame.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

[quote=2927225;Nilkemia.8507:]

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Twilight Assault

Atlas.9704

I’d rather take Palawa compared to Shiro, even though the former is simply a zombie Mad King with no bad puns to me.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aezus.4256

Aezus.4256

I must say I really do like Scarlett, she brings a lot of good “bad guy(girl)” qualities to the table, admittedly not all of them completely original, but still enjoyable. I cant say much about the other GW2 villains, being that i’m relatively new to this game.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

LOL

You guys are forgetting one important detail…

You don’t know what Scarlet’s motive yet…

How about you let them finish the story.

Flat Character LMAO
Not one you have a clue on the … (cough) letter on the subject.

Her base motive that started all this? I never personally said anything about her motive, but you’re addressing all of us, so.. I know what it is, and you should, too, if you’re fond of her. Your comment leads me to believe you don’t? It’s stated right in the short story.. and should have been in the game, but whatever.

It’s just an awful motive in this context and is a bit paradoxical. She’s raging against something which absolutely cannot be escaped.

Which has considerable potential, but the writers seem unaware of using it in a way which actually would be interesting. Heck, they might even be unaware of the paradox itself, I don’t know.

“That whole statement made no sense, and you are making statements for me, so I will do the same and bump my post at same time.”

So you are basically telling me by writing this you KNOW Scarlet is awesome, that is fantastic I only agree to that and nothing you ever stated before or after this comment about how you love Scarlet.

Nah. Just pointing out something you yourself stated. I don’t need to put words in your mouth for that, and I’m sorry if you had trouble understanding it.

You seem upset that others don’t like Scarlet. It’s fine to like her, but it’s probably best to recognize her for what she is and the caliber of writing put into her. You don’t need to defend yourself by trying to make her and her writing out to be something they’re plainly not. Like I said, I like watching awful old b-movies sometimes, I don’t have to try to compare them to Citizen Kane to justify my enjoyment of them to myself or anyone else. They’re bad movies and I like them because they amuse me, but a lot of people can’t stand things like Sharknado, even for comedic value. You like Scarlet, I don’t, and both of those things are okay.

Now, I’ll be bowing out of this back-and-forth between us, as I’ve said what needed to be said and, while I can hope, I don’t really see this exchange improving in tone. I have a pretty good idea why this thread was made in the first place, and I don’t have much interest in humoring any more than I already have.

I proven my point while you try to attack my character and still have nothing to show of it.

Carry on, you have my permission, because you need that acknowledgement.

Scarlet is awesome, and my favorite character

Yes she is.

(edited by Soulstar.7812)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I’d like to have back Shiro.

I’ve forget a lot of names of stuff on Gw1, but there are 2 i still remember well:

Impossible Odds
Battle Scars

(even the names of Shiro’s skills are better than whole Scarlet package)

That said i fear that’s not possible, there is a strong lore lock on Shiro iirc (banished in FC, stomped again in NF).

Shame.

Shiro sadly wasnt fleshed out as much as he could have been, yes he is a self-fulfilling prophecy and a soft shakespearean character, but it could have been so much more, on a greek tragedy level.
On the other hand villains that develop with us like Lich K, Varesh Ossa or Abaddon that are simple in design, but complex in execution allow for a lot of emotional buildup on the characters that surround us.
Lets make it like this, in batman, its not batman who is/should be the character the plot develops, but the villains, at least clearly developed characters with solid motives that batman plays off and his actions give each of us a personal interpretation of the character; BUT not a blank slate for people to slap on, they made that mistake in the Dark Knight for letting Joker take the role turning him into the fan favorite of the movie. Other examples of such hints of character with a blurred outline are Samus from Metroid (and no Other M doesnt count since it doesnt exist), WC3 Arthus, Link (again the non existent export developed titles dont count), Darth Revan (promotial mmo crap again not counted, but the origin femrevan script), etc… And as you see by the multiple exception lines the industry loves to kitten up good characters instead of leaving them as they are/giving them a final honor in our memories before making the tale end with: But that is a story for another time.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Killerbot.8645

Killerbot.8645

No, Scarlet is still worse.

Jaina is just a bad person, but her character isn’t broken. She’s simply unlikable. She’s a prodigy, but she isn’t excellent at everything. Everything doesn’t come to her without effort, only magic. In that aspect, she’s actually a well grounded character. Its her personality that is horrible. She has a martyr complex, a pathological need for everyone around her to get along, and she hangs around with the leaders of both factions. That makes her a problem. If they had her and Thrall get married, it would have solved a lot of problems they have with their story right now. Capt Chin wouldn’t have a reason to trust her, Thrall would still be leader of the Horde, and Garrosh would be some General in Pandaria screwing things up like he did in Northrend.

Scarlet, on the other hand, is everything I said in my last post. She’s as Mary Sue as you can get, and worse, Anet is looking for new ways to make her even more horrible. Get the herbicide and be done with her already.

Thinking about it Scarlet is GW2’s Green Jesus.

Hey atleast Metzen isn’t the writer behind Scarlet.
..or is he?

in Twilight Assault

Drakkon.4782

Thinking about it Scarlet is GW2’s Green Jesus.
Hey atleast Metzen isn’t the writer behind Scarlet.
..or is he?

Does bare some similarities, doesn’t_ _it?

(edited by Drakkon.4782)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Wow really?! There are ways to hint on a motive to keep people guessing, giving them nothing is just frustrating. Think how you did Frost & Flame, those hints from the whispers agent, or the hint that someone else was behind the alliance when you interrogated the dredge. They added mystery and interest.

Of course it doesn’t help when Scarlet isn’t a very interesting villain. Crazy teenage brats don’t make great villains in my book, its like a Disney story gone wrong. Her dialogue in the new dungeon was nauseating.

Or maybe its your plan all along, we want to kill her just to shut her up.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AFadingDream.7861

AFadingDream.7861

Lord Vanquish from the Super Adventure Box should be on this list! I mean, he captured Princess Miya! Scarlet couldn’t even capture the real Queen!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Lord Vanquish from the Super Adventure Box should be on this list! I mean, he captured Princess Miya! Scarlet couldn’t even capture the real Queen!

Or maybe she did capture the real Queen and we have an impostor in our midst.

Or maybe she captured the fake Queen and reinstated the real Queen while making it look like she failed to capture the real Queen.

Or maybe Scarlet is the real Queen – a Killer Queen! Gunpowder, gelatine! Dynamite with a laser beam! Etc.

I, myself, am the Czar of all the Russias! Or an ensign in Starfleet. Sometimes I get confused…

The table is a fable.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Scarlet is far from crazy, that’s just her maniacal laugh fooling you; she’s got something big planned… at least I hope so.

Scott McGough had outright said that she’s insane. And it’s thanks to the sensory deprivation device she went in thinking she’d see the Eternal Alchemy.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Please don’t accelerate it just because we don’t understand her motives. Just pepper some hints as to what her motives are so we can guess them till you’re ready to reveal things.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

She tried to kill the Queen not capture.

You’re right Lord Vanquish should deserve a spot on list, I apologize for not including him.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I was going to hate on this thread and say that scarlet sucks but OMG you’re right, we need better villains….

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

That sounds to me that Scarlet is going to be around for a long time. That, to me, is very disappointing news.

in Twilight Assault

Drakkon.4782

Someone contact the execs at Fox! This needs to get cancelled quick!

in Twilight Assault

Atlas.9704

Someone contact the execs at Fox! This needs to get cancelled quick!

But Joss Whedon isn’t attached to GW2, therefore it has a chance to survive.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Palawa Joko is probably the coolest villain in the GW lore, I’ve loved him since NF first hit. Fanboi scream!

His story is epic and we brought him back because we needed his help and now look at him – and ANet refuse to expand on amazing stories such as this and give us these silly crappy villains in LS lol.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: RustyRhino.9854

RustyRhino.9854

You have to take in to account that the living story is something brand new, not done in any other MMO. So everyone just take a deep breath, realize that Anet is still learning and improving, and base your constructive feedback around that. Look at how much the living story has changed, and improved since the days of the molten alliance. The living story is lacking in a couple things sure, but the story itself rocks! By the way, do any of you actually read the short stories Anet has released in tandem with each piece of living story content? Before I critique a story or piece of content, I would want to make sure that I actually am informed to know what is going on in the story (the obvious response to this is to make it available in game as well, and maybe Anet is working on that, but nevertheless, the story is still there). Ok enough of my rant, now to critique…

1. We need a way to track where we are in the story. My suggestion is to possibly number the pieces of content as Chapters/Seasons, much like a TV show or book/comic book with continuous content. This would also create a bunch of hype and possibly bring in more people too, because everyone will know “Ok this is a continuation in the story.”

2. Add in more permanent content. I know this has been stated a billion times, and you guys are moving in the right direction with the new TA path, so props to you guys so far.

3. After a Chapter/Season is done, add a movie/story/book/something that sums up the content so far, so people aren’t left in the dark. I know most people have no idea who scarlet is really (as shown in one of the short stories), which is why you get all of these comments like “oh shes just like the joker.” So make that content more accessible so everyone knows what’s going on.

That’s really all I have so far. I love the story, so keep it up!

EDIT: Just thought of something else, what if you added a living story button/option/whatever to the UI where the personal story is located? That way you can recap, and add to the story after it happens in real world

(edited by RustyRhino.9854)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

We need a Walter White/Heisenberg villain.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Twilight Assault

RustyRhino.9854

We need a Walter White/Heisenberg villain.

Well if Walter White saw the Eternal Alchemy/fabric of the universe…..He might be as crazy as Scarlet.

in Twilight Assault

Atlas.9704

EDIT: Just thought of something else, what if you added a living story button/option/whatever to the UI where the personal story is located? That way you can recap, and add to the story after it happens in real world

That’s been requested many times, so far I think they are trying to work on something like that but apparently putting it to the UI isn’t easy.

in Twilight Assault

RustyRhino.9854

That’s been requested many times, so far I think they are trying to work on something like that but apparently putting it to the UI isn’t easy.

Ok, don’t really read the forums all that much, except when Anet responds. Nice to know this is being worked on

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I don’t mind scarlet, sure she resembles the joker with the joking sadistic personality. But honest to god can you guys actually take another dark, cliche villain with a brooding back story and a one dimensional “blow up tyria” plan?

Frankly the whimsical sadism is quite alot of fun to watch, it entertains me and the VA is epic.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I don’t mind scarlet, sure she resembles the joker with the joking sadistic personality. But honest to god can you guys actually take another dark, cliche villain with a brooding back story and a one dimensional “blow up tyria” plan?

Frankly the whimsical sadism is quite alot of fun to watch, it entertains me and the VA is epic.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AFadingDream.7861

AFadingDream.7861

She tried to kill the Queen not capture.

You’re right Lord Vanquish should deserve a spot on list, I apologize for not including him.

You’re right. I only saw that sequence once so I did not remember it correctly. Thank you for humoring me with acknowledging Lord Vanquish.