Soooooo.....no Halloween this year?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: KSQK.3485

KSQK.3485

We had Halloween last year, but instead we are having another Twilight Arbor path (which may be hard as hell) with some weapon skin rewards. So we have no Halloween celebration this year?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

If you look at the date of when Halloween started last year, you’d see that it wasn’t until the 22nd of October.

We have 3 living world releases in October. It’s very likely Halloween will start the 15th of October this year with something else thrown in on the 29th relating to whatever we get on the 15th.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I guess Halloween will start at 29th. A dev already said that the TA path was the main thing the team worked on. This indicates that the Halloween event will come with the last update in October.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

It could just mean that since all the decorations are being reused, it just took less work, regardless of how long the content stays.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Why are people going on about this now? It’s still september…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Because patches happen every other tuesday. We already know what october first will be, october 29th is way too late, and the usual LS style would suggest october 15th will be an expansion on october 1st’s content.

Dragon Bash(June 11)->Aetherblades(June 25)
Bazaar(July 9)->Politics(July 23)
Jubilee(August 6)->Clockwork Chaos(August 20)

and it’s not very likely for scarlet to turn into the mad king.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Statictary.5206

Statictary.5206

I’d like to see the mad kings clocktower return plus a new thing of course.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

It will return probably the middle of the month again like it did last year with same stuff so new players can get stuff they couldn’t get from last years. Maybe add the skins up for grabs for BLTC weapon tickets. And CORN lots of freaking CORN!

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

are you dim witted? Of course Halloween is coming back. Will we see all the events return from last Halloween? Most likely, and there is nothing wrong with that.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The entire point of all the festivals in year 1 were so they had returning events every year providing more time for focus on other stuff.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Have you not been to the malls? You’re supposed to start thinking about Halloween in June. Really we should be concerned with Wintersday this late in the year.

As for content, the LS team doesn’t have to do anything for Halloween, they just need to release the content from last year.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

HERE COMES HALLOWEEN! HERE COMES HALLOWEEN!
cannot wait!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Dag-nab-bit… and they just rebuilt the Fountain in LA again.
Now’s the time to take out an insurance policy on that structure.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

If they’re smart they will just move it out of the way and cover that spot with something less expensive during the festival. They already have that huge Halloween-themed seal from after we closed the rift last year.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: LeifChappelle.4069

LeifChappelle.4069

Designer

There is absolutely going to be Halloween this year. The Mad King wouldn’t miss out on an opportunity to come back and share his latest batch of terrible jokes. And open a spot for you in his lovely tower.

With the first update for October hitting on the 1st, the next update afterward would hit with plenty of time to spare before Mad King’s day.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

Looks like someone forgot Guild Wars isn’t doing monthly updates anymore. They’re every other week now.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aeon.1674

Aeon.1674

I guess Halloween will start at 29th. A dev already said that the TA path was the main thing the team worked on. This indicates that the Halloween event will come with the last update in October.

Yes unless they just use all the same content from last years halloween again.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

That is terrible… I hope you didn’t just jinx us.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

There is absolutely going to be Halloween this year. The Mad King wouldn’t miss out on an opportunity to come back and share his latest batch of terrible jokes. And open a spot for you in his lovely tower.

With the first update for October hitting on the 1st, the next update afterward would hit with plenty of time to spare before Mad King’s day.

October 22 through November 1 was too short last year.

I also hope you expanded some of the theme into other cities.

in Twilight Assault

Soulstar.7812

As I remember there was alot of overflows last year… yea ANet 2 weeks wasn’t enough time for puzzles, games, maze, and trick-or-treats, plus Mad King.

I was panicking over time issues.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

As I remember there was alot of overflows last year… yea ANet 2 weeks wasn’t enough time for puzzles, games, maze, and trick-or-treats, plus Mad King.

10 days not 14

in Twilight Assault

Soulstar.7812

10 days not 14

Yea, now I remember -.-

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Have you not been to the malls? You’re supposed to start thinking about Halloween in June. Really we should be concerned with Wintersday this late in the year.

As for content, the LS team doesn’t have to do anything for Halloween, they just need to release the content from last year.

As an Australian, we don’t do the Halloween thing here, so the malls here have zero on Halloween. Also being in the Southern Hemisphere, it’s coming into summer not winter, so the winter’s day thing is backwards to me. But whatever, this game only caters to Northern Hemisphere countries. Look at the mini pet give-away for example, shows and events in Northern Hemisphere got them, those of us at the bottom of the world get ignored.
< /rant>
:)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I would be totally ok with this. I’m coming for you, champion candy corn.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Because patches happen every other tuesday. We already know what october first will be, october 29th is way too late, and the usual LS style would suggest october 15th will be an expansion on october 1st’s content.

It’s not exactly against the law for them to break their own pattern…

Hoopa doopa.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Soulweaver.2190

Soulweaver.2190

Dragon Bash(June 11)→Aetherblades(June 25)
Bazaar(July 9)→Politics(July 23)
Jubilee(August 6)→Clockwork Chaos(August 20)

And yet you conviniently left out the most recent pair, SAB: Back to School and Tequatl Rising… I suppose you aren’t suggesting a connection between these two, now are you?

[FR] Furious Rising, Ring of Fire; Soul Weaver (N/Ranger/80), Kuang Steak (C/War/80),
Zephyrweaver (H/Ele/80), Dusk Weaver (A/Thief/80), Soulweaver (S/Mes),
Svàlinn (C/Guard), Exxíon (A/Engi/80), Spectrallum (S/Necro)

in Twilight Assault

Player Character.9467

And yet you conviniently left out the most recent pair, SAB: Back to School and Tequatl Rising… I suppose you aren’t suggesting a connection between these two, now are you?

Neither of which is actually living story. SAB is a game type they stick in when ready to keep us busy when they’re working on other things and tequatl is the test for them revamping all the world events. Neither involves the LS team or actually changed the events in the world. Technically at this point of the LS tequatl should be dead.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Neither of which is actually living story. SAB is a game type they stick in when ready to keep us busy when they’re working on other things and tequatl is the test for them revamping all the world events. Neither involves the LS team or actually changed the events in the world. Technically at this point of the LS tequatl should be dead.

Other than the fact, that a dev has already stated that Teq’s evolution IS going to tie into the LS in the future.

SAB, on the other hand, seems its going to get its own storyline. Something dealing with the krewe that Moto use to belong too, and how his Genie of the Box seems to be bent on destroying their work. If that ties into the LS, is another question all together.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

@ LeifChappelle will the previous achievements be available for people that unfortunately missed last Mad King? I was so happy to be able to get SAB world 1 with recent world 2 ( I came to GW2 2 weeks after the original SAB )

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

well I do have a theory that scarlet and mad king thorn are in league, working together or some how related. I dont know Scarlet’s humor reminds me of mad king thorn a lot… so I wouldnt be surprised if there will be indeed a connection… we’ll see… cant wait :p

in Twilight Assault

Player Character.9467

Other than the fact, that a dev has already stated that Teq’s evolution IS going to tie into the LS in the future.

Only in the sense that they’ll change other bosses and say it’s somehow related, but considering tequatl is a construct made by zhaitan who is now dead….

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Only in the sense that they’ll change other bosses and say it’s somehow related, but considering tequatl is a construct made by zhaitan who is now dead….

We don’t have confirmation on Zhaitain being dead tyvm, the dragon of undeath who is literally made of other dragons fell into the ocean after we shot him with the ground up remains of every pixy in Tyria, that’s all we know. I’m willing to bet a certain dragon of undeath is still kicking, wounded as hell, but kicking…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Twilight Assault

Player Character.9467

We don’t have confirmation on Zhaitain being dead tyvm, the dragon of undeath who is literally made of other dragons fell into the ocean after we shot him with the ground up remains of every pixy in Tyria, that’s all we know. I’m willing to bet a certain dragon of undeath is still kicking, wounded as hell, but kicking…

My inventory says otherwise
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_Zhaitan

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

New halloween skins!!!!

Shut up and take my gems.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Neither of which is actually living kittenory. SAB is a game type they kittenick in when ready to keep us busy when they’re working on other things and tequatl ikittenhe tekitten for them revamping all the world events. Neither involvekittenhe Lkitteneam or actually changed the events in the world. Technically at this point of the Lkittenequatl should be dead.

Other than the fact, that a dev has already kittenated that Teq’s evolution IS going to tie into the LS in the future.

Only in the sense that they’ll change other bosses and say it’s somehow related, but considering tequatl is a conkittenruct made by zhaitan who is now dead….

We don’t have confirmation on Zhaitain being dead tyvm, the dragon of undeath who is literally made of other dragons fell into the ocean after we shot him with the ground up remains of every pixy in Tyria, that’s all we know. I’m willing to bet a certain dragon of undeath is kittenill kicking, wounded as hell, but kicking…

My inventory says otherwise
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_Zhaitan

Again, it’s jukitten a shard of Zhaitan, we did kinda blow off half his undead body with a mega laser… There’s plenty of shards lying around but that kittenill doesn’t mean he’s dead.

That’s also assuming the currency is actually a lore based thing, I mean c’mon, I probably have enough tears of ascalon to kittenart a biblical flood…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Only dead to those who completed the personal storyline… I’ve been playing constantly since Beta, and purposefully not killed Zhaitan so that Orr makes sense to me! I thought LS was supposed to run alongside PS. It would make no sense for new players to join the game and for the living story they take part in while levelling to be after their personal story. No idea on timelines though.

OT. Cannot wait for Halloween ingame, only place I’ve ever celebrated it. Not something I’ve ever done here in the UK…

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Twilight Assault

Player Character.9467

Only dead to those who completed the personal storyline… I’ve been playing constantly since Beta, and purposefully not killed Zhaitan so that Orr makes sense to me! I thought LS was supposed to run alongside PS. It would make no sense for new players to join the game and for the living story they take part in while levelling to be after their personal story. No idea on timelines though.

OT. Cannot wait for Halloween ingame, only place I’ve ever celebrated it. Not something I’ve ever done here in the UK…

Dragonbash was celebrating the pact defeating zhaitan.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

any retroactive rewards for the mad king? =D!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Avatara.1042

No.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Dragonbash was the celebration of the “victory” over dragons, to which everyone protested because did didnt do jack kitten. Also we fought Zhaitan either over the shores of orr (so falling into the water) or over his freaking bed where he was snoozing till then, again not killing him, hell even if the entire tower (that didnt fall over the place where his model falls, you can jump down into the water even to see it) did fall on him, he headbutted a giant metal laser cannon without a scratch. Zhai zhai probably aint dead… well he probably aint stopped from being undead… or he aint re-dead…. whatever we probably didnt kill him off, especially since our dear Taco the sauceless/Tequila the salty/Tequatl the Sunless is a plot point in the living story.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

they wont use the exact same content for halloween as last year, it’d be weird for thorn to be returning for the first time in 200 years in 2 years in a row, I’m looking forward to new recipes, quests and holiday items (the book we got was pretty underwhelming)

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

Dragonbash was the celebration of the “victory” over dragons, to which everyone protested because did didnt do jack kitten. Also we fought Zhaitan either over the shores of orr (so falling into the water) or over his freaking bed where he was snoozing till then, again not killing him, hell even if the entire tower (that didnt fall over the place where his model falls, you can jump down into the water even to see it) did fall on him, he headbutted a giant metal laser cannon without a scratch. Zhai zhai probably aint dead… well he probably aint stopped from being undead… or he aint re-dead…. whatever we probably didnt kill him off, especially since our dear Taco the sauceless/Tequila the salty/Tequatl the Sunless is a plot point in the living story.

im pretty sure the devs have stated that he was dead, and if they bring him back, it will be very annoying

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I’d rather see the Scarlet story develop a lot more then some recycled festival event

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

All I ever want is a longer duration of the event and the clocktower jumping puzzle from last year. My best recollection so far.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Meh, I finished all of the achievements and had no power for the entire second week (only play ~2 hours a day on weekdays before you try to pull that one). 2 weeks was plenty.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

im pretty sure the devs have stated that he was dead, and if they bring him back, it will be very annoying

So the fact that they said its a plot point theyd like to rehash later and that revealing anything would limit them during multiple con QnAs since they had to push out entire arah in less than half the time they wanted to work on it means nothing.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Calling it now!: I think Mad King Thorn is the real Personal Nemesis!