TA Developer Twitch Stream

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Thoughts? I enjoyed it. I wish they had previewed at least the first boss fight.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/3014013

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

Leif did pretty well, but was a little nervous. One idea that might help with that, as well enrich the viewer’s experience, is if the devs don’t do these videos alone.

It would be good to have a another person as a wingman, a la the gaming website giantbomb. It would give them someone to play off of instead of just talking to a cam. One could read questions while the other plays, too.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

its really neat to come face to face with arena every two weeks or so. it puts all the whining and bickering on the forums into human perspective. there is only so much one can do!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Well i wanna know the PC specs game looked sick on there PC lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

Direct link to the video has been added, as promised.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It was good other than all of the constant uhhhs from the speaker. Every sentence seemed to contain at least 2.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

It was good other than all of the constant uhhhs from the speaker. Every sentence seemed to contain at least 2.

that’s english culture these days. um, uh, yeah, guys, like.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

No that’s trying to play a game and be engaged in a conversation at the same time. People will drive a car every day and at times they won’t be able to hold a conversation while doing so because their attention needs to be on the road.

Playing challenging content and holding a conversation at the same time isn’t the easiest thing in the world.

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

Well if he had an actual human being next to him I think it would help. People get nervous talking to a camera.

in Twilight Assault

Shiren.9532

Rubi was there, she just wasn’t on camera. Watch any of the Live Streams, they all have this issue. Talking while playing isn’t easy. It’s like giving an oral presentation while playing a challenging new dungeon at the same time.

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

Rubi was there, she just wasn’t on camera. Watch any of the Live Streams, they all have this issue. Talking while playing isn’t easy. It’s like giving an oral presentation while playing a challenging new dungeon at the same time.

I think the ones with Josh and his pilot and Hugh and Jessica were good. Crystal did pretty well for being alone but still would have benefited from a wingman.

in Twilight Assault

Shiren.9532

Hugh and Jessica did the recent WvW one right? I watched that yesterday and the actual gameplay was… not awesome. I don’t blame them – she’s busy talking and not focused on WvW, but she kept getting ganked and generally didn’t accomplish much. Then again, I don’t think any of the ArenaNet WvW vids are much more than a novelty. The tag attracts too many attention kittens and the the stream prevents them from doing anything competitive because the enemy can see their every action.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Oh look, more “Go Zerker” or gee tee forward out content.

You can tell b/c they were struggling with it … and taking too long just to kill Vets.
(Not elites… silver/elites took them even longer).

I laughed out loud in real life when they said “It’s more like your Arah paths” …
No it’s clearly not.

Gated everything, to win: DPS trash faster than it can DPS you, no skipping (that’s what they think!), Vet that summons more mobs… (CC’ing it probably won’t stop it…. CC’ing Acolytes & Hypnoss doesn’t stop them from spawning more ever since the latest updates broke them too somehow). Maybe some classes can faceroll their way through Arah …. but they make it take 3x longer than it should when they do….