The Big F/U

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

The F/U path is being deleted and replaced with the new one.

Honestly….this change frustrates me so much; I found out this was permanent content…only to find out that it’s just replacing old content. Why replace when it’s already there? If it’s too hard for some PUGs, don’t do it. My guild likes to run that path and I found it fun. There is absolutely no reason to have to take away content that’s already there.

This isn’t new, permanent content; it’s replacement content.

(edited by The Eternal Grace.3157)

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Look just because you and 4 masochist found that path fun, doesn’t make it fun.
TA in general is honestly their worst put together dungeon and it needs more than just deleting a path to make it worth anyone’s time to even consider doing. The only reason i even did it in the first place was for the dungeon master title and that was out of sheer boredom.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

@TexZero just because you don’t like TA doesn’t mean you’re the majority. Plus Leif already said in the other thread like this that current content may be replaced at whim

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

TexZero.7910

@TexZero just because you don’t like TA doesn’t mean you’re the majority. Plus Leif already said in the other thread like this that current content may be replaced at whim

Congrats for saying what i just said.
I never claimed to be in the majority. However seeing as you’ve read the other thread you’d notice the red post stating that F/U was the least played explorable path. Mostly due to its shotty design that made it so exceedingly frustrating that not only was it not worth the effort fix, it wasn’t worth the time to fix.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

A Massive Headache.1879

No… what you said was “good for you for being able to do a path I don’t like. Ta sucks. Them replacing a single path doesn’t stop it from sucking. I only did it for the title” Now I said what you just said

Which still doesn’t solve the problem of they might remove stuff simply because they want to. That is very troubling.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

TexZero.7910

No… what you said was “good for you for being able to do a path I don’t like. Ta sucks. Them replacing a single path doesn’t stop it from sucking. I only did it for the title” Now I said what you just said

Which still doesn’t solve the problem of they might remove stuff simply because they want to. That is very troubling.

Oh you’re one of those guys… got it.

How about they are removing and changing the game because a portion of it was garbage and needed to be fixed ? I suppose that’s not rational enough for you and you’re rather play that content than better polished and more refined content.

Sorry but again just because you liked bad content doesnt mean the player base agreed with you and Anet has decided that the best path is a new path (and it wasn’t because they said so it was because the players said so by not playing the dungeon to begin with), and frankly i agree with them. It’s not my fault you fear the change but its my opinion that im utterly glad they blew up F/U for this new path and i hope they take the same approach for more dungeons going forward.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

It’s not my fault you fear the change but its my opinion that im utterly glad they blew up F/U for this new path and i hope they take the same approach for more dungeons going forward.

What does “fear of change” have anything to do with it? Stop throwing around meaningless terms. Because even if they added a new path it would be a “change” regardless.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

TA in general is honestly their worst put together dungeon and it needs more than just deleting a path to make it worth anyone’s time to even consider doing. The only reason i even did it in the first place was for the dungeon master title and that was out of sheer boredom.

I love TA Its one of my fave dungeons, I dont normally do F/U but i will for guildies to help them out, I love the plants and “run”/“skip” parts to, YES to me Skipping in that dungeon running while shorting plants is the FUN part, its like Im running for my life or to rush to the boss as a story scene.

Its stupid that they are just taking it out, Anet spent time on it, it is in the game already why take it out?

This actually scares me, what if they take 1 path out of each dungeon? Will that make players happy? CoF p3, SE p2, Arah P4, AC p2 etc…. will these be the next to go?

SAB or RIOT

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How about they are removing and changing the game because a portion of it was garbage and needed to be fixed ?

Except they didn’t fix it. They didn’t even acknowledge it was broken. They simply handwaved the problem away.
Which fills me with dread when I think how many other unacknowledged problems are in this game.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

By that logic, they should delete another 4-5 dungeon paths, half of the open world areas, including all the major cities besides LA. Nobody plays there either.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It replaces content that factually didn’t exist. The path was so puppy compared to any other path in the world that people won’t miss it.

Be honest. How often did you play it. Did you even enjoy the path? You’re just complaining because you like to complain.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

How about they are removing and changing the game because a portion of it was garbage and needed to be fixed ? I suppose that’s not rational enough for you and you’re rather play that content than better polished and more refined content.

So you’re one of those guys, huh? I’m glad TA F/U is garbage because you say it is. I suppose that if you didn’t enjoy it, none of us should be able to enjoy it. If your opinion the barometer for what should stay in the game and what should be removed, I really hope you don’t dislike my favorite professions, races, and zones.

So rather than – you know? – fix it they just deleted the entire thing? Yeah, that makes TOTAL sense. When was the last time you deleted an entire report because you didn’t feel like fixing a typo or two? “I’m painting my living room, but I missed a spot. Rather than touching up that spot up, I think I’ll just plaster some really ugly wallpaper that almost everyone hates over the whole thing and call it a day.”

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

They should remove crafting because every person I know kittening hate it.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

They should remove crafting because every person I know kittening hate it.

And heart events. And a ton of jumping puzzles. And Orr. And all mid-level zones. And Keg Brawl. And the playable charr. And the engineer profession. And…

You know, by the time we’re done the only things left in the game might be warriors, guardians, mesmers, greatswords, Lion’s Arch, Queensdale, Frostgore Sound, and Scarlet’s Invasions. Now THAT game sounds fun, doesn’kitten

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

haviz.1340

Praise metrics.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Boomlinxs.9513

Boomlinxs.9513

I too am sad they have had to remove content in order to give us something fresh and exciting
Someone else has started another post too on the same topic.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/twilight/Why/first#post2945188

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

I too am sad they have had to remove content in order to give us something fresh and exciting

The sad part is neither Scarlet nor the Molten Alliance nor the Aetherblade at this point are “fresh and exciting”. They’re the same stuff we’ve been getting jammed down our throats for the last six months.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

A Massive Headache.1879

Oh you’re one of those guys… got it.

Sorry but again just because you liked bad content doesnt mean the player base agreed with you and Anet has decided that the best path is a new path (and it wasn’t because they said so it was because the players said so by not playing the dungeon to begin with), and frankly i agree with them. It’s not my fault you fear the change but its my opinion that im utterly glad they blew up F/U for this new path and i hope they take the same approach for more dungeons going forward.

I’m sorry your opinion of content is so skewed.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

Praise metrics.

Least played dungeon is a terrible metric to use. Going by it, the best dungeon in the game is CoF 1 and the best activity in the game is champ zerging.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

haviz.1340

Least played dungeon is a terrible metric to use. Going by it, the best dungeon in the game is CoF 1 and the best activity in the game is champ zerging.

Did I forget to add /s at the end?

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Find it hard to believe that TAFU was played less than Hotw p2/p3 and cof p3.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Hotw p2/p3 and cof p3 are not bugged or idiotically hard. They can be finished but may take time(actually cof p3 takes lots of time thanks to loooooong boring boss fight).

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Just because you and others who cry about difficulty don’t like the path doesn’t make it not fun. Don’t come onto the forums just to bully others who don’t agree with you (yes, I read your other posts).

If you don’t like the content, don’t do it. Doesn’t mean it has to be deleted.

There’s absolutely no excuse for Anet to delete this other than the fact that they’re lazy and didn’t want to take the time to fix the problems and bugs the F/U path had in it.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anet is being silly. This will be the worst update ever. Deleting a perfectly fine path (maybe except the final encounter which needed slight tweaking) is beyond stupid.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Does someone want to start a pool on what permanent part of the game is cut next because they feel like it? I hear Orr is mostly disliked and people feel forced to go there for ori and temple vendors – we could replace half the copper in queensdale with ori nodes and then just sink Orr back down into the ocean in the january update!

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Just be happy about the new longer path.

The Big F/U

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just be happy about the new longer path.

Some people will NEVER be happy unless they are complaining about something that was done to personally slight them in some way.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances