The non-drinking ooze problem

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Last night I tried the new path for the first time. We only got up to Sparki and Slick where we managed to wipe a dozen times (had a lot of replacements going on there). Now, while the group was not the best (a number went running as far away as possible from the oil, despite having the ooze follow them), that isn’t what frustrated me.

It was the fact we frequently had to lead the ooze directly through the middle of the oil puddles multiple times to get it to actually drink them up.

The ooze did behave as it was supposed to for the majority of puddles, but then again , 51% is a majority. Roughly a quarter of them, it just would not suck up the oil until we lead it over the puddle 2-3 times first. One particularly annoying time, we had to drag it over 5 times (far edge to far edge) before it finally did its job. This issue got us killed so many times over, it’s just not funny.

Please, ANet, fix the dang ooze.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Has anyone else had this problem? I"m positive my group isn’t the only one

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

I’ve seen it a couple times. ooze just goes right past oil slick. I’ve reverted to running directly into the middle of the oil slick and standing there soaking up the burn damage while waiting for the ooze to start doing it’s job. sometimes works…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

More reasons this encounter shouldn’t have been done. Making our survivability rely on the actions of NPCs had already been considered stupid. Doing it now with enemies was just blatantly designed to make it unnecessarily harder. And go figure it bugs too. For all I know, that might’ve been what messed up my runs too, but I was too busy trying not to die from everything else to notice.

Wonderful. Making more annoying gimmicks for bosses? Okay to them. Making sure said gimmicks don’t bug out and mess you up? Nope, didn’t need to do that!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

More reasons this encounter shouldn’t have been done. Making our survivability rely on the actions of NPCs had already been considered stupid. Doing it now with enemies was just blatantly designed to make it unnecessarily harder. And go figure it bugs too. For all I know, that might’ve been what messed up my runs too, but I was too busy trying not to die from everything else to notice.

Wonderful. Making more annoying gimmicks for bosses? Okay to them. Making sure said gimmicks don’t bug out and mess you up? Nope, didn’t need to do that!

Nah, it’s not that bad. I mean it’s not a show stopper or anything. It doesn’t make the encounter impossible or anything. Also, i would say that it’s an issue only a small minority of the time.
It’s a big game, there’s gonna be bugs and no amount of testing and fixing is ever going to change that. But I think Anet does a pretty good job of being proactive, prioritizing and addressing issues.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Just stop and let the ooze sit in the oil for a second or two. Getting hit by the ooze is the last of your concerns considering he shouldn’t even be touching you at all. 90% of the time I’m on ooze duty and I can get him to clean the oil.
1. Run up to oil puddle.
2. Have ooze follow you to oil puddle.
Did ooze absorb oil?
Yes? Move to next puddle
No? Make it stand in it for a second longer, move slightly out of his range so he won’t 1 shot you.