in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sjien.9765

Sjien.9765

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Old…
I made a topic about it 15 hours ago and it still has 0 posts…
Community doesn’t seem to care.

The content it self seems a bit underwhelming compare to what we’re used to, Unless there are surprises on the way.

…and don’t be toxic!

(edited by Kite.2510)

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

It’s actually new info about the update. Wonder if the existing TA paths will get some revamp. Seems like they won’t.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

And given the dungeon is part of the living story, that means it’s temporary. Again. Given all the defense I’ve given of this game over the past couple of months and how the next update after this one will just be a rehash of Halloween, my enjoyment of this game is waning, quickly.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Inbefore the 4th TA path will be removed after 1 month.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If there’s not going to be a bunch of “press F 150 times” achievements and if Scarlet doesn’t plot-armor her way into an escape just so we can do it all again in two weeks then I’ll be happy. I somehow doubt I’ll be happy…

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Do we know it will be removed?

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: cerberouse.7680

cerberouse.7680

Much like Teq, i’m willing to bet this new dungeon path will be staying, though it won’t change along with the Living Story.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If there’s not going to be a bunch of “press F 150 times” achievements and if Scarlet doesn’t plot-armor her way into an escape just so we can do it all again in two weeks then I’ll be happy. I somehow doubt I’ll be happy…

Something tells me that Scarlet won’t even be there. She’ll watch and taunt you, but I think she won’t even be present.

However, given the power that we were told the Nightmare Tree has, the fact she captured and controls it is actually a serious problem.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

If the path is good, I’m happy.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Will this path be required for the completion of Dungeon Master?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hm… a new dungeon path…that’s it? And it requires me to pug to do it…. lovely. sigh Going to be a very, very frustrating couple of weeks… Maybe not, we’ll see how it goes…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Surely there must be more then that

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Surely there must be more then that

I would assume so as well, but maybe not. Have to catch the live stream and see what’s said.

Then again, Queen’s Speech didn’t look like much either…

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Sjien.9765

It’s actually new info about the update. Wonder if the existing TA paths will get some revamp. Seems like they won’t.

I have no problems with the existing TA Paths , i think they are fine as they are.

And given the dungeon is part of the living story, that means it’s temporary. Again. Given all the defense I’ve given of this game over the past couple of months and how the next update after this one will just be a rehash of Halloween, my enjoyment of this game is waning, quickly.

Its Permanent

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Interesting update even if it’s a bit small. Given the fact that the Molten alliance facility and the aetherblade dungeon will be coming back in the form of fractals, I bet this will be permanent.

Seems like lately Anet has been focusing less on “big” LS updates that force you to do random chores and more on one big central item in the update and some random stuff for the meta around it that you can ignore if you just do the daily for a while.

Although I thought the whole of TA was getting an update not just a new path… if not I’ll be a little bit disappointed but the new path should be fun.

Retired Leader of TTS

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I see they are transitioning dungeons to the same RNG crap shoot the rest of the game is moving towards…

So much for their innovative and fun design of letting you work towards your rewards with a token system….

Also are they seriously adding just 1 path to 1 dungeon? I see they are seriously backing off the pace of LS updates… I hope there are a lot of other fixes or something.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Sjien.9765

Interesting update even if it’s a bit small. Given the fact that the Molten alliance facility and the aetherblade dungeon will be coming back in the form of fractals, I bet this will be permanent.

Seems like lately Anet has been focusing less on “big” LS updates that force you to do random chores and more on one big central item in the update and some random stuff for the meta around it that you can ignore if you just do the daily for a while.

Although I thought the whole of TA was getting an update not just a new path… if not I’ll be a little bit disappointed but the new path should be fun.

You are right, that’s indeed the direction they are going. But tell me why whole TA needs an update ?

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If they removed the old paths I would of been very unhappy. TA is one of the better designed dungeons. The only things that could use tweaking are the final boss fights and a slight rework on fyonna. So an extra path is good in my eyes. Will have to see if the new path is an enjoyable and well designed path though.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Vayne.8563

It’s a small update, because on October 15th you’ll have a pretty big update, followed by the whole Halloween thing.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jakzor.4160

Jakzor.4160

so i am not the only one who thinks this is a very poor update.

i hope it’s not the beginning of the end

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Sjien.9765

Hm… a new dungeon path…that’s it? And it requires me to pug to do it…. lovely. sigh Going to be a very, very frustrating couple of weeks… Maybe not, we’ll see how it goes…

Join a guild, that likes to do dungeons

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Join a guild, that likes to do dungeons

I lead my own guild, thank you. We are just…small. Which is fine by me.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

I see they are transitioning dungeons to the same RNG crap shoot the rest of the game is moving towards…

So much for their innovative and fun design of letting you work towards your rewards with a token system….

Evidently locusts consume tokens too quickly…gotta use the good ol’ Skinner Box to keep them around.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You are right, that’s indeed the direction they are going. But tell me why whole TA needs an update ?

Well one path of TA is completely broken and never run. And the devs said ALL dungeon paths would be getting a revamp like AC to introduce better mechanics and less autoattack spam. Now it seems like they are just adding a single path instead.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

so i am not the only one who thinks this is a very poor update.

I think you (all of us) should withhold final judgment until the patch actually goes live. Praising or criticizing this or that gleaned from the patch preview is one thing, glorifying or condemning it entirely before even experiencing it is another.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well one path of TA is completely broken and never run. And the devs said ALL dungeon paths would be getting a revamp like AC to introduce better mechanics and less autoattack spam. Now it seems like they are just adding a single path instead.

Colin has told us that they are still working on revamping the dungeon paths. As recently as PAX…. this kitten just takes time.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

Overhauling the dungeons is going to be a long process. I’d rather them take their time and get them right before release than rush something out just to meet a deadline. The Living Story has taught me less of a good thing is better than more of a bad thing.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Inbefore the 4th TA path will be removed after 1 month.

What is the rush?

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/twilight-assault

Rumors run rampant that Scarlet Briar has found herself a new home there and is at the heart of it all! Caithe will be calling heroes together to stop Scarlet! This newest story includes new events and rewards but also a whole new PERMANENT ADDITION to Tyria!

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

So in the next 2 week update we will get a new dungeon?

Skritt the devs have gotten lazy.
In other games a 2 week update would be something huge like fixing a bug or two, but no, we just get a dungeon.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Logic dictates that this can’t be a permanent addition as Scarlet is going to be defeated at some point in the future. I wonder how they are going to pitch this =/

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ricky.4870

ricky.4870

:( more back pieces
more re skins
more of the same

still no new armor

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

spoj.9672

Logic dictates that this can’t be a permanent addition as Scarlet is going to be defeated at some point in the future. I wonder how they are going to pitch this =/

Zhaitan was defeated but we can still go back and kill him over and over.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Don’t we ‘defeat’ the bosses at the end of any dungeon path? shrug

There is the possibility that we don’t ‘kill’ scarlet though. She could be a persistent villain that just repeatedly crops up. Batman never killed the Joker in the series – caught him plenty of times, but he always got loose to cause havoc again.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

“New” dungeon has been in the game since launch. Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVLK-_wNsTM&t=3m

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

:( more back pieces
more re skins
more of the same

still no new armor

Skin seems to be a blue version of the current pink weapons set available, so no new models, just guardian flavour weaponry. Also new mini! (again).

Cant we have loot/rewards from LS that are compatible to say ascended or legendary crafts?

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

ricky.4870

This game supposed to be a cosmetic game and is the less they have is cosmetic armor just weapons and more weapons , but no new armor to make new looks or combine im getting tired to look the same and other people look the same too just with new weapons …. sorry english not my language

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

darkace.8925

This game supposed to be a cosmetic game and is the less they have is cosmetic armor just weapons and more weapons , but no new armor to make new looks or combine im getting tired to look the same and other people look the same too just with new weapons ….

Weapons are easier and less time-consuming to make than armor (5 races x 3 armor classes is 15 different armor skins). And given the rate at which they’re churning out Living Story updates, it’s pretty obvious why most new skins are weapons or backpieces. I’m not real crazy about it, but that’s why it is what it is.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

ricky.4870

yeah i know , just it suck being stuck with the same armor and only new back pieces, they should put a team just for new armors because this game is supossed to be like that oh well guess ill just wait

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

spoj.9672

Armour takes a lot longer to design. They have released new sets a few times recently (all on the TP though). I like new weapon skins, unfortunately they havent released any that I actually really want. Still waiting on dark themed skins, closest so far is the tequatl ascended gear.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

It’s been a while since I last ran it but I remember thinking some parts could use a little more polish. One path with the spider nightmare tree final boss is just plain unfun and frustratingly hard in a bad way. All 3 final bosses are kinda weak imo compared to the revamped AC bosses and some of the better boss fights and could use an update. It’s good but it would be nice if it was boosted to a great dungeon in this update.

I’m waiting for red posts before judging because Anet has stated TA was next on the revamp list so it’s extremely odd that any changes to the old paths is not in this path when the Living story focuses on this dungeon.

Retired Leader of TTS

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Ya’all missed the point of this update. It’s all green-ish.

If you want to show off your new special goodies from TA or Tequatl, you’ll surely want them to match the color of your armor. Mmmmm.

What a coincidence! You can now buy those in the gemstore! You’ll receive a[n unspecified]* chance to receive 1 of the 6 new green dyes from a loot table containing 25 dyes!

• PSA: the fact that the loot table contains 25 dyes, of which 6 are “special”, does not mean your chance is 6 in 25 to receive a special dye. It only means the loot table contains 25 dyes. It could well be that one of the six “special dyes” is set to drop 25% of the time, whereas the other five “special dyes” are set to drop 2% of the time.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

So far I have loved every post launch dungeon they’ve added to the game, looking forward to this patch!

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Vayne.8563

If you want to show off your new special goodies from TA or Tequatl, you’ll surely want them to match the color of your armor. Mmmmm.

What a coincidence! You can now buy those in the gemstore! You’ll receive a[n unspecified]* chance to receive 1 of the 6 new green dyes from a loot table containing 25 dyes!

• PSA: the fact that the loot table contains 25 dyes, of which 6 are “special”, does not mean your chance is 6 in 25 to receive a special dye. It only means the loot table contains 25 dyes. It could well be that one of the six “special dyes” is set to drop 25% of the time, whereas the other five “special dyes” are set to drop 2% of the time.

Right because other than those special shades, I have no green dyes at all. In fact, green dyes are so hard to get, I might mortgage my house to get more green dyes.

/conspiracy theory

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Right because other than those special shades, I have no green dyes at all. In fact, green dyes are so hard to get, I might mortgage my house to get more green dyes.

/conspiracy theory

Vayne. Before you lash out with harsh criticism, do yourself a favor and preview the new dyes together with, for example, the Tequatl weapons or the TA backpack, will you?

They’re designed to match. While you’re at it, check out the added glow which, again, perfectly matches the Tequatl and TA goodies.

Edit: “Conspiracy theory”, come on. If you want to sell your stuff inside a game, make sure you design the game in such a way that it will sell. It’s such a basic form of marketing, I should not have to tell this to you. Having read many of your posts, I know you’re smarter than that.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Old…
I made a topic about it 15 hours ago and it still has 0 posts…
Community doesn’t seem to care.

The content it self seems a bit underwhelming compare to what we’re used to, Unless there are surprises on the way.

No one posted in your thread because there was already a thread about it…

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

yay let the qqing begin all people seem to do no matter how good something may be. Some of us play for ENTERTAINMENT. Its not a job so no need to get all worked up about these patches either you enjoy it or you dont simple as that.

Twilight Assault !

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Post recreated because of infraction. (It was the first post in this thread)

Well, i’ll be the first then: A new dungeon! Awesome!!!!! Everything else mentioned.. Sounds like the usual *excrements..
Who wants to bet there’s a chore achievement for hunting down key pieces all over the jungle. Sigh.

*Changed that word because of previous infraction.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest