200 Cogs?

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I have 200 Cogs left(just got from Tixx chest). I’m 100% sure I am not the only one.

Can Devs please clarify, do you have plans to give us 50 more or should i just throw the Cogs away? Cannot make anything out of 200 Cogs

Thank you.

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Keep them for next year if all else fails.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Doctor Proctor.2460

Doctor Proctor.2460

It might have been a solution to help those who got hit with the diminishing rewards issue when running the toy events. 200 isn’t enough to let someone make 3 mini pets, but it is enough to make up for someone that was, say, 100 short.

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

It was the compensation for anyone who was hit by diminishing returns for the first two stops of the Infininarium. This way they can make their two pets but no one can make a third.

From the interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xfliD6QGQ&t=36m5s

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Illiander.8049

Illiander.8049

Seriously, they put that up on Youtube rather than their own website?

My opinion of their PR department keeps getting worse and worse.

Playing on Gentoo.

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

As they use reddit to give explanations about the crap they do. Their PR is not nearly as bad as their customer support (which is probably the crappiest on Earth), but I agree they are getting worse each day.

About the cogs. Well, you can use 50 of them to craft the money sink quagan pet (foostivoo the merry) and you will still have 150 extra. Well, you can craft 3 more quagans and (maybe) put them with a 4th rare pet to try for an exotic in mystical forge. Or save for 2013. I dont know any other use for them other than frame minis and quagan.

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

It might have been a solution to help those who got hit with the diminishing rewards issue when running the toy events. 200 isn’t enough to let someone make 3 mini pets, but it is enough to make up for someone that was, say, 100 short.

I’m fine with ‘only’ getting 700 cogs in total. It’s fairly clear that ANet intended players to be able to craft a maximum of two minis and buy the rest from the Gem Store if they wanted them. Considering that the only way (as far as I know) to get a whole bunch of minis is through the Gem Store, I’m just happy that I can potentially get two ‘for free’.

Doctor Proctor’s right in that I’d hope this is enough to compensate those players hit by the DR bug without allowing some folks to get three minis instead of two. The remaining 200 cogs will stay in my bank, just in case, until the end of the event.

Behold: Opinions!

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Very, veeeery poorly done.

Giving them out to all players like that without an official explanation (random youtube video don’t count) – what are we expected to believe other than they are messing with us by giving us 50 Cogs short of a third pet?!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

This. The game itself is great, it’s the fact that Anet lurch from one customer service fiasco to another that’s the problem.

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tenebrae.8062

Tenebrae.8062

They aren’t going to keep the mini’s, look at what they did with Guild Wars 1. You can’t get some items because they were once in a lifetime. The cogs and everything will be used for next year probably, but the mini’s will be different, and the 3 you couldn’t make will be gone forever. At least that’s what ArenaNet’s PR couldn’t deny for me when I talked to support

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

They aren’t going to keep the mini’s, look at what they did with Guild Wars 1. You can’t get some items because they were once in a lifetime. The cogs and everything will be used for next year probably, but the mini’s will be different, and the 3 you couldn’t make will be gone forever. At least that’s what ArenaNet’s PR couldn’t deny for me when I talked to support

Guildwars Pets were mostly the same they did not change. Wintersday has always given a Polar Bear. The only event that ever had a different pet was and is the Canthan New Year event because that event was based on the Chinese thing with year of the dog, year of the cat, etc so the pet changed to dog, cat, etc. We really won’t know what happens with pets in Guildwars 2 but I thought it worth saying as long as we are comparing pets in the two versions of Guildwars.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

About the cogs. Well, you can use 50 of them to craft the money sink quagan pet (foostivoo the merry) and you will still have 150 extra. Well, you can craft 3 more quagans and (maybe) put them with a 4th rare pet to try for an exotic in mystical forge. Or save for 2013. I dont know any other use for them other than frame minis and quagan.

What’s the recipe for it? I didn’t know it was possible to make on the forge

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

As they use reddit to give explanations about the crap they do. Their PR is not nearly as bad as their customer support (which is probably the crappiest on Earth), but I agree they are getting worse each day.

I thought that it was 50 wads of enchanted stuffing and three other wintersday mini pets. Do you have the recipe for using the cogs with it?

SF
OTR

200 Cogs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Ive been reading around a bit.

‘’they said that they gave the extra 200 for the people that encountered a bug and received less than 100 in one of the dungeons.’’

Which is logical, after seeing the amount of complaints pile up around the karka event. When people wanted the chest loot and they ran a script.