Bell Hero handicap?

Bell Hero handicap?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Just today I’ve noticed a lot of people starting a round of Bell Hero by spamming notes in the time between the start of the song and the first notes appearing.

At first I thought they must be people who have left it until now to try it and don’t know what they’re doing but most then go on to play the song extremely well, as far as I can tell while focusing on my own part.

My only guess so far is that they’re deliberately knocking their health down to make it harder. At the moment the game is pretty forgiving – if you miss a note you’ll get the health back on the next one and you can afford to miss a lot before you die. It would be much harder starting with a lower health pool.

Anyone know anything about this, or have any ideas?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Bell Hero handicap?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

I sometimes spam my health down, but it’s never deliberate handicapping. Sometimes I keep playing to finish whatever melody I’m playing during the downtime. Sometimes I spam arpeggios or scales or something because I’m bored and I know it won’t matter anyway. Sometimes I’m distracted and don’t notice that the song is starting. Because of the way the healing mechanics works, you have to miss a bunch in a row (not just over the course of the entire game) to die. I’m good at bell choir, so the only times I ever miss a bunch in a row are due to lag spikes, not actual mistakes.

If there was no healing mechanic, then I’d probably deliberately handicap myself for the challenge. I’m sure some probably do. It’s just not why I let my health drop.

Bell Hero handicap?

in Wintersday

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

I don’t think it matters score-wise what notes you hit when as long as you hit the note you are supposed to when you should, so they are probably just messing around.

Bell Hero handicap?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

it has no positive effects.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Bell Hero handicap?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

if you hit a note between songs it heals so you’re ready for the next round.

Bell Hero handicap?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

if you hit a note between songs it heals so you’re ready for the next round.

Yep. I kept wondered why people were spamming notes in between songs until someone mentioned this like two days ago. I could have used that knowledge when I was first starting

Bell Hero handicap?

in Wintersday

Posted by: KrakenAZ.9367

KrakenAZ.9367

Primary reason: To be annoying.

There’s a reason I tab out between songs.