Captain's council commendation: here to stay?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Reannah.7360

Reannah.7360

Q:

I can’t post it in the lost shores sub-forum so I hope this is the right place to do it.

Will the care package and the Captain’s council commendations stay ingame after the Wintersday patch or will these be removed?

<Raw> Don’t stand in fire!

www.RawGaming.org

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

A:

It will be in the game during Wintersday.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

I would also like to know if this is the case

in Wintersday

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

i need to know this too.. so i can either, keep saving them, or use them all and stockpile myself with the tools and stuff from it!!
pls any anet staff member?? :d

in Wintersday

Posted by: CaptainOok.1048

CaptainOok.1048

I assume they haven’t really made a decision yet. I just hope (and trust) they give players a fair warning before they remove them.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wintyr.1780

Wintyr.1780

The Mad king will be back next year so i would assume the vendor will also

in Wintersday

Reannah.7360

The Mad king will be back next year so i would assume the vendor will also

The Captain council commendation is not related to the Mad King.

www.RawGaming.org

in Wintersday

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

It will probably be here to stay. No point in making a junk sink if you remove it after a while.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Wintersday

Reannah.7360

It will probably be here to stay. No point in making a junk sink if you remove it after a while.

That makes sense, however the story behind it is that it’s to help rebuild the city of Lions Arch and the citizens in it. If they are able to have a big Wintersday party, would they really need aid?

www.RawGaming.org

in Wintersday

ConterK.3972

That makes sense, however the story behind it is that it’s to help rebuild the city of Lions Arch and the citizens in it. If they are able to have a big Wintersday party, would they really need aid?

^ this

sure if it was just an NPC to trash stuff it could be left there, but those NPCs have a Story behind them and they should not be there forever,
i just want a headsup be4 they remove it so i use all my commendations!!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

’Captain’s Council Commendation’ is a pretty generic name for a currency that could be awarded for almost anything you do for Lion’s Arch. I think it’s safe to assume they were designed to be applicable to more than just the reconstruction event.

in Wintersday

ConterK.3972

’Captain’s Council Commendation’ is a pretty generic name for a currency that could be awarded for almost anything you do for Lion’s Arch. I think it’s safe to assume they were designed to be applicable to more than just the reconstruction event.

but they werent introduced as such.. so i think they shouldnt be removed once LA is rebuilt..
else it would look weird.. and break the story behind it..
mayb they’ll add something else in the future..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Council Commendations seem like taken straight out of GW1 with all its commendations/trophies that could be exchanged for stuff at the right type of vendor. Hope this one stays past Wintersday, and that more are added in the future, hint hint all those junk trophies need to be collected and exchangeable for cool gear, and not just money

Nicholas and Mr. Yakkington may be dead and gone, but maybe an heir could take up work in Tyria

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Wintersday

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Nicholas and Mr. Yakkington may be dead and gone, but maybe an heir could take up work in Tyria

Ameranth?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

Council Commendations seem like taken straight out of GW1 with all its commendations/trophies that could be exchanged for stuff at the right type of vendor. Hope this one stays past Wintersday, and that more are added in the future, hint hint all those junk trophies need to be collected and exchangeable for cool gear, and not just money

Culling and farming was not really an issue in GW1. Imagine that they do add a system simular to nich and yak in this game. Remember how bad it was during the karka event, invisible players and mobs. Imagine that going on for a week straight in specific areas. I like the idea of having a simular system introduced to this game, but there needs to be some major work done to insure the issue with invisible players and mobs do not return.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

in Wintersday

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I think it’s a nice addition to get rid of some of the items off the TP and the market in general. I also like being able to get stacks of tools with 250 uses on them. Very nice addition that I hope stays in the game permanently.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

That should stay permanent. Maybe reward rotatio.

in Wintersday

Reannah.7360

Thank you for answering my question Anthony

www.RawGaming.org

in Wintersday

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for helping this user. We are closing this thread, since the question has been answered.

Thanks again