Care to explain

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

Please let me draw your attention to this – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Captain-s-council-commendation-here-to-stay/first#post982985

So, what gives? Is it because you want us all to fork out real money for these keys in hope of a perma trader/merchant that will drop 1 in 1000 chests?

A response would be apreciated so i know whether to discard my bank full of commendations or not. Once again, thanks for telling us the opposite of what you actually did, allowing us to prepare for one thing only to be shafted when the time comes

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bumppis.1952

Bumppis.1952

From the 14th december patch notes: “Commendation vendor Lionguard Lyns is restocking her goods and is not accepting commendations at this time. She will begin accepting commendations again soon.”

Though it might have been interesting to see people being smacked down with snowballs while they tried to buy something from Lyns

(edited by Bumppis.1952)

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Just collect tokens , lionguard lyns is back in the new year with new stock/items for sale

[WM]give us in game ladder

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

I know this, but i’m just wondering why the dev said she would be here through wintersday, when this most certainly isnt the case.

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

Please let me draw your attention to this – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Captain-s-council-commendation-here-to-stay/first#post982985

So, what gives? Is it because you want us all to fork out real money for these keys in hope of a perma trader/merchant that will drop 1 in 1000 chests?

A response would be apreciated so i know whether to discard my bank full of commendations or not. Once again, thanks for telling us the opposite of what you actually did, allowing us to prepare for one thing only to be shafted when the time comes

I had initially thought “What the hell?”, since I too had read that topic. I guess that answer can be seen as “It will be working during the Wintersday event.” However, it’s still correct that it still exists but has been temporarily disabled. Seeing the word “temporary”, let my mind rest. If it was to be removed at the end of Wintersday then I would have reason to argue.

I don’t understand how black lion keys relate to this commendation vendor at all so I guess that’s just another area, you seem to have been affected by.

Some exaggeration on ‘bank full of commendations’, since they take only a stack or two if you’re dedicated. Also, ‘thanks again’ for jumping to conclusions because as far as I can see from the other posters, they have informed us already of this. But I guess the existence of your topic has re-confirmed my initial assumption.

So thanks.

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Culwenimos.1594

I know this, but i’m just wondering why the dev said she would be here through wintersday, when this most certainly isnt the case.

The Original Question, asked about the donation packaging and Captain Commendations as items. So the Dev’s answer of ‘They will be there.’, remains true.

The question didn’t ask if it was still going to be usable. So there are no grounds to say that the Dev misinformed us.

In your case, ‘she’ as in Lionguard Lynn, is still there. But it tells you that the content is temporarily disabled. So she still exists in her original location but not with functionality… for now. So I’m not sure what else you expect to argue from that linked topic.

(edited by Culwenimos.1594)

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: androidsheep.4271

androidsheep.4271

so what the dev told us was true, from a certain point of view.

D:

no, i think when the person in the other thread asked if she would be there it was obvious that they were asking if they could use the commendations, not if the npc would actually physically be there. asking if an npc merchant is going to be in the game is the same as asking if you can buy stuff from that merchant, and you would have to be quite dumb to misunderstand that question.

why did they disable it? could have conflicted with some other event around LA I suppose, they could even have disabled it for the start of the event and just forgotten to reactivate it. But the most likely answer is because she sells keys and anet want people to buy them with real money. I expect keys to be removed when she is selling stuff again, I don’t like it, but i expect it.

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Culwenimos.1594

no, i think when the person in the other thread asked if she would be there it was obvious that they were asking if they could use the commendations, not if the npc would actually physically be there. asking if an npc merchant is going to be in the game is the same as asking if you can buy stuff from that merchant, and you would have to be quite dumb to misunderstand that question.

Original question: “Will the care package and the Captain’s council commendations stay ingame after the Wintersday patch or will these be removed?”

Original answer: “It will be in the game during Wintersday.”

Nowhere does the question mention Lionguard Lynn and if she will still be functional. So the Dev isn’t dumb because they answered it correctly.

Also I doubt that they disabled it because of the Black Lion Keys. They were way overpriced. 285 commendations for a key. No one in their right mind would get them.

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: androidsheep.4271

androidsheep.4271

Q) why would someone ask if an npc merchant is going to be in the game if they didn’t want to know if it would be functional?

A) they wouldn’t.

its like asking if a shop is going to be open on monday, being told yes, getting there and finding it is open but you aren’t allowed to buy anything. in this situation the person who answered the question did so correctly, the shop is indeed open, but they completely failed to understand why the question was asked in the first place.

but then we don’t know why the npc was disabled, I think its because they don’t want people to get keys from her, but its entirely possible they just forgot to turn it back on again.

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Culwenimos.1594

Yes, I understand what you mean.

Consider this:
A customer has a voucher. It was initially made during certain promotion but the customer asks the shop owners if it is still valid after promotion period. The shop owners said, “Yes, they are.”.

The customer returns with that voucher and it turns out to be during another different promotion period. The shop owners have put out a sign saying that the service is temporarily unavailable during the current promotion period.

The customer didn’t ask whether the service was available during the next promotional period.

In the end: Don’t ask, don’t tell.

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

I think she’s just moved to make room for the snow ball fight in that space. You’ll be able to cash in your tokens in the new year.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Care to explain

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I like how she still shouts about donating to rebuild Lion’s Arch. I suppose you can still donate :P
I’m going to be kittened if they remove keys from this shop. I have too many commendations to be used on node tools. Without keys, there’s no reason to ever get more than like 2000 commendations in your lifetime. I wouldn’t call that a very good use of their time to make that feature in the first place.