Events 101

Events 101

in Wintersday

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Just thought I’d post this helpful tip sort of thing, since it comes up in some way or fashion in other threads during every event ever. I don’t expect it to change anything, but if I help even one person, then it will be worth it.

-When there is an Event in an MMO, just take a breath, be patient, and see what happens. I know there is a strong temptation to do Everything New, and get Everything New before anyone else on the continent, but listen, the vets will tell you…

-bugs happen, alot, alla time. Expect them after any and every patch. If time allows, don’t do anything vital right after a patch.

-don’t kitten the cash shop as soon as an event starts. If an event lasts two weeks, and you aren’t sure what will happen, rewards given, just chill out and hold your dollars rather then spend the triplets lunch money on chests for a chance at useless pixels you could get for free a week later…..and stuff.

I’m sure there’s other good tips, but I’ll open it up to the wise community.

Events 101

in Wintersday

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

I think this is a great post to make, and although I agree with your post… you know like nobody will follow this advice right? Lol XD

Events 101

in Wintersday

MrMacAndCheese.3907

will be buried on pg 2 by QQ in 5 mins ;D

Events 101

in Wintersday

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

will be buried on pg 2 by QQ in 5 mins ;D

Lol, I tried to go this route with other games (*cough*Tera*cough*). I always wanted to support the community with tips to alleviate their frustration, and suggestions to help the game prosper in a less infuriating way.

However, I quickly realized players tend to want to be upset. Even if they’re treated respectfully, and offered rational explanations for their problems they will still be angry.

Likewise, I’ve yet to see a developing company not be totally stubborn with silly things. ANet has probably been the best company in regards to listening to their fans, and offering sooner-than-later adjustments. Yet, even then there’s a fine line a company must walk.

• Please your fans, and you may end up losing the vision for your game.
  • Stick to the vision of your game, and you may end up losing your playerbase.

Personally, I think the real problem is the forums themselves. Though they offer a lot of good, I think the negativity really affects the community over all. No real easy fix for ArenaNet. I feel for them and the players both lol.

Events 101

in Wintersday

MrMacAndCheese.3907

What’s amazing to me is that you can avoid the forums for any game entirely, and tend to enjoy the game alot. It takes someone on the forums to tell you that something is wrong or bad, lol?

I only come to the forums to check for game breaking bugs, or Incredibly Helpful tips out of the blue, usually regarding classes. Yet I get sucked in to the cesspool of the worst 2%, and stuff.