Events, this how it is going to be everytime

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

What is it with the limited items, limited everything when it comes to events in GW2? Will you stop it?

FIRST the limited account bound Minis! seriously?!

And now am finding my self forced to participate in activity that I don’t like or don’t want just for the sake of completing LIMITED PERIOD TO DO achievements and get the title.

For the love of god, as much as i am a fan of GW, this game getting on my nerves…forcing me into activities I don’t even care bout. I logged in, only tried Snowball Mayhem so far and just noticed the number of tiers.

Am getting so annoying, I was a big defender for GW2 at launch and am starting to see now why my friends were so positives that this is gonna be end in disappointment. They all left anyway.

I have yet to try other activities and THE PUZZLE.

Just keep raising my pressure. Its what this game good at now.

I spent way too much money on GW2 already, events making it worse. I would like to support the game by using cash shop as long as am able to, but this… is too much, just too much.

How could not I see this coming, new event! of course.

GW2 Events =Money sucking + Nerve breaking + Time consuming
(A lot of it).

Never felt this bad since the game has launched…

T,T

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ayanavi.1904

Ayanavi.1904

You seem mad.

Meanwhile, me and my guild are enjoying the festivities with no pressure what so ever and loving the new music and environment they gave LA.

Personal short-comings and preferences do not affect whether or not an event is a success or not – Scrooge did not make Christmas an unhappy holiday. He just didn’t enjoy it himself, while everyone else did.

And the game goes on.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lyth.9472

Lyth.9472

Something tells me you completely miss the entire point of holiday events.
It’s meant to be special because it’s limited time, if it was year round, it wouldn’t feel special at all. See; Southsun Cove

This mightaswell be a thread wishing that it was Christmas every day of the year so that you got presents each day. No, it doesn’t work like that, neither do MMO events.
Plenty of MMOs do this style of limited time yearly events, if you don’t like it, perhaps you shouldn’t be playing MMOs in the first place.

in Wintersday

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Everything you are complaining about is optional. It isn’t required to play the game.

That title? It is vanity. Achievements? Purely vanity. They are for your own personal satisfaction, they are in no way required for you to do.

You have a little over two weeks to participate in the holiday. Of course it is limited, it’s a holiday event. Only here for the, guess what, holiday season. Did you expect Wintersday, a holiday event, to be permanent?

The account bound minis are not limited. They are permanent once you get them. The means to obtaining them is limited, for the length of the holiday event.

Like I said, everything that you are complaining about is not a requirement to play the game. They are optional mini games for your own personal enjoyment. If you don’t like them, don’t do them. Simple as that. There is many other things to do in the game.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

I want Minis, I want the title…. why do you think am mad about this?

Isn’t enough that am here for the event? so I have to work so very hard to be rewarded for me attending?

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

in Wintersday

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Isn’t enough that am here for the event? so I have to work so very hard to be rewarded for me attending?

Yes, yes you do have to work hard. If you want vanity items, you have to work for them. Since it is optional and not required to play the game, it is something you have to work towards. That is how it has always been.

Vanity items always require work and effort. Since it is only for personal satisfaction and not a requirement to progress, then it requires dedication if you want it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kithzyan.5034

Kithzyan.5034

Isn’t enough that am here for the event?

No, it’s not. This is a game that ANet wants you to play, not just login once a month for rewards.

Also just to point out as others haven’t. To get the title you need 12 of the achievements done, you may notice there are 14 of them; you never need to even touch the PvP achievements to get the meta-title.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

There are “just showing up” rewards, but you can’t seriously expect to get a full suite of minis, weapons, and costume pieces just for logging in at some point during late December.

I’m lazy too, there are some achievements with perhaps too many requirements, and the “redeem sweaters” vendors seem like they’ll be hard to satisfy, but the events are pretty fun, the rewards are very cool, and I’m going to try to earn them.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

This has got to be a troll.

I mean, no one can possibly be this entitled right?

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Its Wintersday! It happens every year and will be every year until GW 3 comes out and is automated just as it is in GW 1.

If you don’t get it all done this year, you’ll be able to participate next year and the following year after that until you get sick of wintersday and just not show up for it (like I have in GW 1 at times).

You obviously don’t have any patience. And the minis? They will be here next year as well. “Limited” is only in terms of being around for grabs for the 2 weeks, but you can show it off forever if you are lucky enough to get them.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Wintersday

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What is it with the limited items, limited everything when it comes to events in GW2? Will you stop it?

You scare me. You really need a second hobby.

This winter event is fun. That’s all that matters. Just enjoy it or if it is not fun for you, then skip the event and do the activities you enjoy. No one is making you take part in the event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Oorjuwa, thanks for your feedback, which will be passed on to the team. However, this kind of personal threads do not really offer grounds for discussion as they consist only about complains. Please, if you feel that something needs extra attention or needs to be changed/addressed, visit the Suggestions subforum; you are very welcome to post your proposals there so other players can discuss them in a more constructive way.

Thanks to the rest for your contributions.
We proceed to close the thread now. Thanks as well for your understanding.