Extremely Dissapointed with Wintersday event

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zehro.9403

Zehro.9403

I am perplexed as to how the Haloween event could have been so good (except for the item shop ridiculous RNG issues) and Wintersday just leaves me wanting more.

I expected a Haloween style event with things happening all over Tyria and a fix to the RNG item shop issues players complained about during Haloween.

First of all, Great idea with the weapon skins and implementing several ways of obtaining them that makes players who purchase the mystery boxes feel like they actually got something for thier money. BUT then you do to the mini pets during Wintersday exactly what the issue was with the weapon skins at haloween! 4 unique mini pets reliant on extreme RNG from wintersday boxes.

5 Unique Toy’s specific to each city/race… great idea! but why dear god can i only obtain two of them if I play the instance every day for the 5 days? you already have 4 item shop account bound pets exclusive to the item shop.

And finally 3 lackluster events in LA (snowball PVP, Choir, and Jump Puzzle)

Jumping puzzle is a nice idea and entertained me for about 5 minutes before completion – it’s just way too easy.
Snowball PvP feels lackluster and attaining the second achievment (the knockdown one) either seems broken or needs a much much clearer description
The choir guitar hero was a good idea, but it just sounds like random ringing bells to no tune what so ever, the appeal of guitar hero was that you recognised the songs you were playing!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bazookajoe.5624

Bazookajoe.5624

RNG minis = failure

IMO spooky trio was a big win!

in Wintersday

Zehro.9403

pretty sure everything i mentioned is current content, with any other information (like only being able to make 2 of the 5 town pets) having been confirmed by a dev post…

My dissapointment is now with the current wintersday content as outlined in OP

in Wintersday

Posted by: Spectre.4260

Spectre.4260

The Wintersday Event ends on the 3rd. For all he knows, it could turn out to be his favorite event ever.

in Wintersday

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

I love the Halloween event. I really didn’t find anything I like in this event so far.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

It is good if you don’t like it. And it is good if you finish stuff fast(like the jumping puzzle). Means you have more time to do other stuff. If it was too hard people would complain that they were “forced” to play the game the whole day. I prefer it this way. If you manage to accept the fact that you can’t have everything of the rare items(because lot of random stuff where you need to buy tons of chests with gems) then it is fun to login to get your achievements and play the activities a bit and enjoy the snow in the cities.

Then still having time to play other games or do other. That is nice.

in Wintersday

Zehro.9403

@artofwar, feel free to disagree with me but please be constructive about it, i’m placing feedback in the hopes that it may improve the game.

@Luthan, you do make a good point about being able to go and do other content during a holiday event, however why is someone with more time on thier hands not able to grind or farm the content to obtain weapon skins and/or mini’s. There seems to be no incentive to spend more than maybe an hour a day at max on content that obviously isnt developed overnight.
especially if youre a collector (to collect the mini’s alone you would HAVE to spend more than the cost of the entire game – this seems ridiculous)

(edited by Zehro.9403)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sativo.9754

Sativo.9754

You’re not alone there Zehro, i enjoyed grinding the hell out of the mad king dungeon and even got a nice rare weapon out of it. The jump puzzle was intense and challenging and i really missed that event when it was gone. Kudos to whoever designed the Halloween events! What happened?? It seems Anet’s building their “business” model around casuals now though as they tend to feed Anet more.

in Wintersday

Posted by: KuiShanya.2645

KuiShanya.2645

Okay, okay
I have a crazy speculation
What if…when the final section of the event starts (the 20th-3rd), we find out the dungeons rewards reset DAILY so we actually can get all the minis
I’ve only ever seen Anet say you can get 2 minis by the 20th, so this isn’t rulled out.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

The choir guitar hero was a good idea, but it just sounds like random ringing bells to no tune what so ever, the appeal of guitar hero was that you recognised the songs you were playing!

It’s in-game music. Including the new music for Tixx or whatever he’s called and Fear Not This Night.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Wintersday

Posted by: zachzak.3185

zachzak.3185

the jumping puzzle was made easier because too many complained that it was too hard during the halloween event. The devs agreed that holiday content should be fun not hard. So you get this jumping puzzle. Sorry to say it but every drop is on a RNG. Don’t want to farm the minis from the chest? Ok don’t. It won’t effect your gameplay. The minis don’t make you better. So if you want to look good because of it spend the time the way you WANT. Because you want the mini. If you don’t want to spend your time that way, don’t, and if you are a collector than the thrill of the hunt or the thrill of obtaining it is what you really want (or you’re just lazy and want everything with no work), they didn’t make this stuff hard to get so that everyone was forced to grind for it, if you want to then spend your time doing it, if thats not how you think your time should be spent then don’t do it, it doesn’t effect your gameplay. I haven’t done the other events much but if I know Anet, they didn’t release everything at once… look at halloween, which you say was one of your favorites. It didn’t all get released at once so why should we assume this did? It’s day 2 of a 3 WEEK event, complain when its over if you didn’t like it so ANET knows for next time, not before the majority of it is done….

(edited by zachzak.3185)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

You’re comparing the full Halloween event to phase one of the Wintersday event. You offer no criticism of the activities other than “they’re lackluster”. You complain about bell choir being nothing but an atonal mass of ring bells, despite the fact that huge amounts of people are getting together and figuring out their favorite songs. It sounds to me like you blatantly ignored the depth of the activities; are you the type of person that only does something until you get your achievement and then gives up because there’s no more shiny badges to obtain?

Not to be rude, but this entire post seems disingenuous. There’s already more to do than there was during the first phases of Halloween; there’s more items to get (and more easily), and pets and weapon skins are far, far more accessible.

Also, what’s wrong with having to choose two out of five pets? It makes you actually think about what you want and what you like most. Then, maybe you can get two more next year!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Demiere.3219

Demiere.3219

There have been so many tears over this event and this is only the first real day.
Here’s my two cents. We can obtain at least two of the five mini pets for virtually no cost to our wallets during the span of the first five days. Thus far there is no confirmation that we won’t be able to make the remaining three after those five days. It is slightly upsetting that I might not have all five on top of the four that I won’t have from the Mystery chests. However, it isn’t so upsetting that I’m willing to quit. I feel that this makes them more special considering not every soul in the game will have every mini that was presented and honestly, I appreciate that they gave us two for free, rather than stuffing them all into a box for gems. If you are a collector and want them all, that is fine, however as is obvious within life, we don’t get every little thing that we want. Appreciate what you get, and move on rather than throw a temper tantrum and storm off.
As far as the other content, I fail to see how it is lackluster or disappointing. I’ve had a good time the past couple days running through maps to collect boxes, pelting people with snowballs, and doing other activities that keep me entertained rather than another day of farming or alt leveling. Again I appreciate what I’ve been given when it is not an obligation that they throw these events for us at all.

I guess the tl;dr version would be simply this… Try to enjoy the things that are given to us for free, appreciate the fact that we aren’t charged monthly just to be forced into an endless grind only to restart that grind in the next thin layer of content. Anger and tears won’t get us anywhere, so we might as well try to be a bit more constructive about these things.

in Wintersday

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Ringing bells to no tune?
No no no, those are the GW2 soundtracks that have been rendered to the sound of the bells and shortened to a few seconds to fit 6 songs in less than 7 minutes.
The songs there have nice harmony as well if you’re able to listen to the 3 parts of each song. =P

It’s in-game music. Including the new music for Tixx or whatever he’s called and Fear Not This Night.

Wow, the original “Fear Not This Night” song sounds so beautiful, and the mezzo-soprano has an angelic voice .

Now, I’m a fan of Asja Kadric. Gotta find more of her singing~ xD

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Wintersday

Zehro.9403

@stormleaf.

pets are far less accessible I have all the halween ones for little cost, that was a great implementation of collectors content.
theyve also stated that holiday content will not be identical year to year so those pets may not even exist next year.

As for details on the events.
Bell Choir – I cannot join this with my friends or without other players to play any kind of tune as it puts me with a bunch of random people, so it just ends up sounding like a bunch of random bells. ( I was unaware this was ingame music, as like many other people i play with ingame music off, this was a nice idea but what about xmas carols or something more recognisable?)

SnowBall PvP – Again unable to join with friends and/or guildmates as its a random match up, knockdown achievement requires you to get the Killing blow to count.

(edited by Zehro.9403)

in Wintersday

Stormleaf.1769

@stormleaf.

pets are far less accessible I have all the halween ones for little cost, that was a great implementation of collectors content.
theyve also stated that holiday content will not be identical year to year so those pets may not even exist next year.

Bell Choir – I cannot join this with my friends or without other players to play any kind of tune as it puts me with a bunch of random people, so it just ends up sounding like a bunch of random bells. ( I was unaware this was ingame music, as like many other people i play with ingame music off, this was a nice idea but what about xmas carols or something more recognisable?)

SnowBall PvP – Again unable to join with friends and/or guildmates as its a random match up, knockdown achievement requires you to get the Killing blow to count.

Being unable to do activities with friends easily means the activities are worthless? That seems ridiculously unfair. For bells, you’re free to learn the music you’re familiar with, or you can also try to get on the same stage as people who score highly; they usually sound better than the people who don’t.

As for pets, what you claim simply isn’t true. Guess what? There are at least NINE pets in this holiday. You can get at least two for basically nothing. You can get three more by paying gems for them. You have to gamble for the other four. That means you are guaranteed to get five of them with a fixed amount of gems, which is already more than the total number of Halloween pets. If you want the rest, then do what a true collector actually needs to do, and fork over the gold/cash until you get them. You do not deserve them simply because you want them, unfortunately. That you can honestly call it a ruinous flaw to not be guaranteed four more of them—despite the fact that you can easily get more than you got for Halloween already—reeks of greed and laziness on your part, I’m sorry to say.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Optionals.7963

Optionals.7963

@stormleaf.

Being unable to do activities with friends easily means the activities are worthless? That seems ridiculously unfair. For bells, you’re free to learn the music you’re familiar with, or you can also try to get on the same stage as people who score highly; they usually sound better than the people who don’t.

If you want the rest, then do what a true collector actually needs to do, and fork over the gold/cash until you get them. You do not deserve them simply because you want them, unfortunately. That you can honestly call it a ruinous flaw to not be guaranteed four more of them—despite the fact that you can easily get more than you got for Halloween already—reeks of greed and laziness on your part, I’m sorry to say.

Did he say at all that the events were worthless without friends? No.
The Bell Choir is ridiculous – I didn’t recognise any of the tunes and even on a high scoring ‘stage’, we were all out of sync thanks to latency issues, so it still just sounded like bell spam.

As for pets, what you claim simply isn’t true. Guess what? There are at least NINE pets in this holiday. You can get at least two for basically nothing. You can get three more by paying gems for them. You have to gamble for the other four. That means you are guaranteed to get five of them with a fixed amount of gems, which is already more than the total number of Halloween pets.

Actually, it is true. You contradicted yourself here. All the Halloween minis were essentially guaranteed if you paid the bare minimum to get them. With Wintersday, you’re not guaranteed to get them all unless you fork out a ridiculous amount of money. Personally, I spent $40 just to get each of the 3 initial minis and as a collector, I was disappointed to find that we would be required to spend more money again just to get the 5 extra ‘toys’. It doesn’t matter if there are more or less minis than Halloween – the problem lays within the fact that you’re required to spend more money than the cost of the game itself just to get them.

Are you simply just refusing to acknowledge that there are some serious issues with this event?

in Wintersday

Stormleaf.1769

Did he say at all that the events were worthless without friends? No.
The Bell Choir is ridiculous – I didn’t recognise any of the tunes and even on a high scoring ‘stage’, we were all out of sync thanks to latency issues, so it still just sounded like bell spam.

As for pets, what you claim simply isn’t true. Guess what? There are at least NINE pets in this holiday. You can get at least two for basically nothing. You can get three more by paying gems for them. You have to gamble for the other four. That means you are guaranteed to get five of them with a fixed amount of gems, which is already more than the total number of Halloween pets.

Actually, it is true. You contradicted yourself here. All the Halloween minis were essentially guaranteed if you paid the bare minimum to get them. With Wintersday, you’re not guaranteed to get them all unless you fork out a ridiculous amount of money. Personally, I spent $40 just to get each of the 3 initial minis and as a collector, I was disappointed to find that we would be required to spend more money again just to get the 5 extra ‘toys’. It doesn’t matter if there are more or less minis than Halloween – the problem lays within the fact that you’re required to spend more money than the cost of the game itself just to get them.

Are you simply just refusing to acknowledge that there are some serious issues with this event?

First, when he calls the entire event an “extreme disappointment”, but offers no criticism of the activities beyond calling them lackluster and complaining about the lack of friend-joining, then yes he is kind of implying exactly what I said.

Secondly, I didn’t contradict myself at all. You can get pets simply by participating in the holiday activities, which you couldn’t do for Halloween. That is vastly more accessible to everyone other than the disingenuous ‘collectors’ that don’t actually want to put any effort or money into their collecting. You do not deserve to have things handed to you cheaply simply because you want them. Some things are more costly or require more effort and luck than other things, and that’s how it should be. Otherwise, I’d be able to use your own logic to say “Hey, I deserve to have a legendary right now for the price of a single exotic simply because I shouldn’t have to spend hours farming nor fork over a bunch of money to get the gold I need for it.” Is that a fair argument? No; and neither is yours.

The problem—much as you might be disinclined to believe—lies with your own perception and ‘playstyle’, not with ArenaNet’s method.

in Wintersday

Zehro.9403

@ Stormleaf,

How about rather than trying to find holes in my grammar about how i dislike the event would you like to pose a counter argument as to how the event is good?

Btw i have achieved my legendary i have no issues with earning things (although this felt like a gold grind as opposed to anything actually legendary but that is another issue)
I want to be able to PLAY THE GAME for the rewards rather than fork out cash for them (9 mini’s only 2 obtainable without spending money – my biggest issue, especially considering theyre account bound and i can’t even purchase them from other players with in game gold)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Patience guys, there is a wintersday trio box waiting… maybe anet will release it in the time to come. Even then, they’re just mini’s, I have zero compulsion to collect them all.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

@ Stormleaf,

How about rather than trying to find holes in my grammar about how i dislike the event would you like to pose a counter argument as to how the event is good?

Btw i have achieved my legendary i have no issues with earning things (although this felt like a gold grind as opposed to anything actually legendary but that is another issue)
I want to be able to PLAY THE GAME for the rewards rather than fork out cash for them (9 mini’s only 2 obtainable without spending money – my biggest issue, especially considering theyre account bound and i can’t even purchase them from other players with in game gold)

Why not convert gems from gold if you have no issue earning things?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

You do know that there is an achievement for minis right?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

Yet another event where you have to be in a group to fight in that floating blimp. Coming from a game that allows scaling, there is no excuse to force people to group.

I like the game itself better than I do these events.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wandar.3607

Wandar.3607

Are people NEVER satisfied? Jesus Christ… They have added this as a “christmasbonus” and you are not only disappointed, but EXTREMELY disappointed? Oh my…

Personally i really like the event and the things they improved with this update. Anet is obviously working hard to make this great game even better. Thank you Anet!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I’m really enjoying this event, so thank you ANet! People will never be satisfied with what they get. Believe it or not, ANet has listened to a lot of our suggestions and yet people are continuing to complain.

They took so many suggestions for the JP: they made it easier, they separated groups to help with blocking and visibility, they gave us an activity during the waiting time. People complained about having to do a PvP event, so they added a non-combat bell choir event. People asked that they bring more activity to the race capitals, and so they have added an event for each day in the capital.

Sure, perhaps the event isn’t perfect. But so far, they have shown progress. And we are only in day two of a very long event. I greatly appreciate seeing what they have done, especially with the JP. While I do wish the JP was harder, it showed that they are listening to us. Thank you, ANet!

in Wintersday

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Hmm, I would like to thank Anet as well.
This Xmas event is my first event here, and I’m really enjoying it, especially the Bells~ ^^v

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Wintersday

Posted by: supremacy.4062

supremacy.4062

I’d like to see the option for preset teams implemented concerning the snowball BG?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

@ Stormleaf,

I didn’t notice him correcting your grammar at all…

He did raise a good counter argument in my eyes. You can get at least 2 minis from the events, another 3 from gems at a fixed amount, another 3 from the chests, 1 more from a combination or rare chance from the presents. That’s way more minis then Halloween, so I don’t see a problem with them making a few more a little bit more random.

This event also lets you get weapon skins a lot easier then Halloween did, so big plus there (yes one set is harder to get then the other). Plus, the event just started. We’ve already seen things added to the Gem Store after the first event hit, they may change their mind later on and let us craft more then just 2. Also, I don’t understand you complaining that the mini pets are account bound. So were the ones from Halloween.

By the way, you don’t need to spend real cash to get these pets. You can buy them all with gold.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

Liking Gw2 less with every update. Content is starting to feel less and less like an MMORPG, and more of a “console” type game. Just not the type of game I enjoy.

It’s odd, but I am actually starting to miss old-school trinity / gear based content. Who would have thought…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

I have only two responses.

One, you can feasibly and easily craft ALL of the five toys. Not “just 2”. You will be able to craft 2 by the time Tixx makes it to LA. After that, as far as I know, you get rewarded every single day with the materials needed to make a toy. And you have all the way until Jan 3rd to do it.

Two, if you think bell choir sounds tuneless and you can’t recognize the songs, you are either completely tone deaf or you’re not good at bell choir. My favorite part is playing Tixx’s theme (the music that played in the Wintersday trailer) on the melody: you can definitely recognize that tune and being able to nail it is pretty rewarding.

Liking Gw2 less with every update. Content is starting to feel less and less like an MMORPG, and more of a “console” type game. Just not the type of game I enjoy.

It’s odd, but I am actually starting to miss old-school trinity / gear based content. Who would have thought…

Then it’s not for you. This is the way most players want it to be, that’s why there was mass hysterics when the ascended gear was released and people heralded it the endtimes because releasing something late that was planned from the inception of the game apparently means Anet is breaking their anti-vertical-progression manifesto.

Yeah. Long story short is, this is how it’s supposed to be, and that’s great because there’s finally an MMO that suits my taste since Ultima Online. There are already a whole plethora of MMOs that cater to your thing, go to them along with everyone else who is unsatisfied and everyone will be happy.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

(edited by Dinny.5310)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

For those wondering, the holiday mini’s don’t count towards the collector’s title. Also, it is completely possible to get the holiday mini’s in game without spending a single cent in real money. It just takes time. And lastly, I’m beginning to think that some people just look for any excuse to gripe, complain, moan, groan, rant, rave, and generally make a mess of things just because they can. This thread is a prime example. Don’t like the jumping puzzle? Then complain to the other complainers that said that the Halloween puzzle was too hard. The puzzle was designed with them in mind. Don’t like account bound mini’s? Blame the people who complained that they cost too much in the gem store. Don’t like the activities in LA? Blame the people who said there wasn’t enough to do on Halloween. You have only yourselves to blame. Instead of complaining, how about going out and playing the game?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Wintersday

Posted by: ekimsfree.9406

ekimsfree.9406

So the whole event sucks basically cause YOU find it too difficult to get all the toys you want.

in Wintersday

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

in Wintersday

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

The only thing im disapointed with is that the achievements can be dont in one day((
What about the rest of the time…

in Wintersday

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I wonder, how ppl who worked on Wintersday feel after reading posts like this. Maybe they think like, why would we even try to do something like this again, if all those greedy kids are doing is complaining and kittening about every single stupid little thing, over and over again. We can’t have all the toys, we can’t have all the minis, we can’t have all the skins. And finally, 3 lackluster events. JP’s either too easy or even more impossible than CT, Snowball Mayhem just blows and Bell Choir blows even more, hard to believe i know. Srsly AN, why would u do some lackluster bs like this when u could just put minis in chests and call it a day.

How about ppl who extremely disappointed about everything would like to go to, say, WoW and take a look at all the “fun” during similar event there?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tyburn Roth.7329

Tyburn Roth.7329

Haloween event = best event ever of any MMO, I loved it, Wintersday, not so much.

Please feel free to tell me I’m wrong and how you know what I like more than I do, cheers.

in Wintersday

MrMacAndCheese.3907

I wonder, how ppl who worked on Wintersday feel after reading posts like this. Maybe they think like, why would we even try to do something like this again, if all those greedy kids are doing is complaining and kittening about every single stupid little thing, over and over again. We can’t have all the toys, we can’t have all the minis, we can’t have all the skins. And finally, 3 lackluster events. JP’s either too easy or even more impossible than CT, Snowball Mayhem just blows and Bell Choir blows even more, hard to believe i know. Srsly AN, why would u do some lackluster bs like this when u could just put minis in chests and call it a day.

How about ppl who extremely disappointed about everything would like to go to, say, WoW and take a look at all the “fun” during similar event there?

In the web show The Guild, that guy who is the creator of The Game is constantly making a note of every troll that calls him a name as if he really cares. I think that is the parody of your point. These incredible artists must not only have very thick skin, but probably also avoid the forums as much as possible. Funny that most ppl who love the game share the same characteristics. (I can’t cofirm that last statement, just my suspicion, LOL, take it easy ppls and have some fun.)

in Wintersday

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Also, some ppl are just crybabies. They weren’t brought up right, and now it’s too late, and That is That :/

in Wintersday

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I coulnd’t agree more,these people are just pure annoyance sorry to say,if you honestly cant ever be happy and Always must look for something to complain then i just feel sorry for you.the event is awesome and they did a great job,and honestly i Do for gods sake hope these people Are indeed kids and Not grown up adults….for their own good that is.
Btw,OP.. " jumping puzzle is nice idea and entertained you for about 5 minutes " ? ,thats all you have to say about it ? …..

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sammet.6542

Sammet.6542

Too bad you feel that way. I am absolutely overwhelmed by the awesomeness of this event and I have nothing really to complain about.

in Wintersday

Zehro.9403

GW2! play with your friends! Downscaling invented so you can play with your friends right from lvl 2 (after the tutorial) – but wait our mini games for this holiday event, yea we’re not going to let you play those with your friends at all.
Also 9 mini pets, with 2 attainable – ok so i took some of your advice (after filtering through the people who think name calling and constructive feedback are the same thing….) I bought some gems I converted some gold to Gems (8000 Gems all up and I got, wait for it…. 3 mini pets and 1 was a duplicate!)
I also got a few weapon skins, that I DID NOT WANT, i do not understand this lottery aspect of holiday events it just puts a negative spin on things as gambling almost always tends to do.
If you still see no problem here then there is no helping you at all

in Wintersday

Posted by: Eirik.9145

Eirik.9145

To me the event is so-so. It’s about what I expected it would be.

I’m not a big fan of jumping events. They aren’t puzzles at all, but more like the timing of jumps in a game of Donkey Kong. The Bells Choir is ok if you like Guitar Hero. The first time I saw the “game” board it reminded me of a See ’n Say for little kids.

The dungeon/instance, whatever you want to call it, is just a string of Renown Heart quests followed by a boss tougher than a veteran, but not quite a champion. A lot of artwork and design for not much content. The tying of the quests together into a theme was a stretch at best.

One last thought is about some people saying this was some kind of bonus from Anet. These events are nothing of the sort. They are all tied into the cash shop for a reason, and that is to get people to spend real-life cash in the game. That is the major reason for these events. Without any subscription fees Anet has no financial incentive whatsoever to spend money on making content without some expectation of a return on their investment. There is another reason for these events and that is to distract people from the bugs, programming errors and other things in the game which aren’t functioning entirely correctly. They aren’t spending bunches of cash fixing errors, because frankly they don’t have to. If enough people accept the game the way it is, and they spend money in the cash shop, they have no incentive at all to correct things, let alone institute things they may have alluded to, or “promised” if you want to use that term, although in business you can write that term on an ice cube.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Xaielao.8510

Xaielao.8510

Ah the obligatory ‘this event sucks’ thread. You cant please everyone right?

Then again I also seem to remember a dozen of these on the first day of the Halloween event. ‘This is all?’ ’It’s boring’ ‘RNG SUCKS!’

For the record I bought 10 winter’s day chests (IMHO well worth my $10) and got the snowman mini. So I don’t mind if I can only make two others cause I only really wanted the Snowman, the golem and (I hope its possibly) the quaggen.

Oh wait a second.. didn’t just about all of the folks who posted their disappointment completely turn that opinion around after a few more days? Yep.. I think they did. But clearly some of them didn’t learn their lesson.

(edited by Xaielao.8510)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Criacow.8251

Criacow.8251

Yet another event where you have to be in a group to fight in that floating blimp. Coming from a game that allows scaling, there is no excuse to force people to group.

I like the game itself better than I do these events.

A friend and I just two-manned today’s Tixx event. I bet you could solo it, if you really wanted to.

Guild Mom for [End] Ascalon’s Requiem, the friendliest guild on Blackgate
DeĆ­rdre ~ Hedy Stonegate ~ Leslie Summerhill

in Wintersday

Posted by: heavyscythe.9780

heavyscythe.9780

I don’t understand the complaint that is there against this event. So far I’m enjoying the event thoroughly.

The mini pets are a challenge but that is what makes them fun. So far I’m playing the Snowball PvP just because it is fun. I loved the detail that was put into Tixx’s workshop(the models of each of the races homes), I always wanted to play around in Santa’s workshop as a kid and now, in a way, I can. I haven’t tried the choir yet but I’m sure it will be fun too.

So thanks Arenanet for an awesome wintersday.

Zaaik, Alrun Gunnarson, Relga Thorwalds, Gerosh Crankwolf,
Serenity Moon [MOON]
Tarnished Coast

in Wintersday

Posted by: iHungeri.4096

iHungeri.4096

let me put my two cents in.

1) it’s still early on in a 3 week event. who knows, Anet might put out a new box in the store or allow us to farm ad nauseum in LA after the daily town visits are finished?

2) compared to halloween and lost shores, this event has so far run without technical glitches for me. that in itself means something.

i suggest that you wait and see. if at the end, Anet does nothing and this event has not come up to your expectations, then you can be “extremely disappointed”, but i think now is a little early. i’m having fun so far.

will pay for a dolly rocket booster

in Wintersday

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

The dungeon when Tixx was in the grove tixxed me off cause it was pretty boring. I love Halloween and wish we could have it more than once a year :-).

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?