How about a "Thank you!" now and again ?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wrinn.1802

Wrinn.1802

I’m reading through the forum posts and all I see is people crying over how stupidly they spend their real life money on a gamble product and feeling so entitled that they should make posts about it.
You know what ? I personally like the event, and the game. The devs are doing a beautiful job with events. So you don’t get everything you want from the minis. Tough! They are extras that you shouldn’t feel entitled to have!
If people payed attention to other mmo releases they would have noticed that this game is one of if not THE most active mmo in terms of new content addition. People work their kitten off on December to make the players feel a little bit more chear in a game.

So how about a “Thank you.” or a “Good job” or at least a “We don’t hate the game for stupid reasons.” to all the devs and game testers that contribute daily to new content ?
I know gamers are a bunch of entitled children when it comes to a game but come on! Once I would like to rummage around this forum and see a nice and pleasant topic with a “Good job” on it.Sure the game has buggs, sure it has some issues. I know how stressful it is on a team to get content ready and I get it. Oh, and for the record, this game is quite lenient in it’s use of the micro-tranzaction system, it doesn’t sell power, it doesn’t force you to buy anything. So chill with the “Anet is scamming me! OMG!” and go into Tixx’s workshop and play “Godzilla” with the miniature cities there.

So from me, here is a big “Thanks a bunch that you keep me interested in the game with awesome content, Anet!”.

(edited by Wrinn.1802)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Yes, I agree. People need to stop QQing over the most stupid stuff.

THANK YOU ANET FOR AN AWESOME WINTERSDAY EVENT SO FAR!

in Wintersday

Posted by: CriminalMind.4379

CriminalMind.4379

I would like to say thank you for the added consumable warehouse space. That was a nice added improvement. Thank You!!!!

in Wintersday

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

Most of my posts I try and let them know overall I like the event, as I’ve overall liked every other event. But some things are bugging me and I do want to voice what I’d like to see or something fairly easy to implement that would satisfy more people and thus have less qqing.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: MightyJoeMoon.7463

MightyJoeMoon.7463

Agreed. Amazing event. Looks amazing. Fun activities. Relatively easy to get the skins and a couple minis.

Fantastic job. Ty all so much for your hard work. Enjoy the holidays with your families Anet.

:)

in Wintersday

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

THANK YOU! We need more people posting thank yous and the like. It’s ridiculous when you go through 4 pages of posts and more then 50% of them are people complaining about the micro transactions and how THEY spent their own money.
Halloween was very interesting and Christmas is awesome! The fact that they are constantly adding new content really keeps me going Thank you so much Arenanet!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Thank you, dear Anet, for this amazingly designed event and the funfunfun activities

The attention to detail is, once again, simply astonishing.

Polka will never die

in Wintersday

Posted by: robban.5126

robban.5126

Couldn’t agree more, this event is super fun & whether one wants to spend their money or not, it’s up to them since gems are not an essential part of this game.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yuuki.8465

Yuuki.8465

Can’t disagree with you, i play this game and have fun. And this event, especially JP is great. I really thankfull to anet team who does interesting event to us. When i read forum i start to think that people doesn’t play other games and not see how dev team in them do events for halloween and christmas which lool like trash with new skins in shop only for a big price.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

a big hello to all the team for arena net! and thank you for this beautiful Wintersday!

My Asura is very happy with her dress! And she Souvant party! we are very happy, playful and character of this beautiful festival that you give us!

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

It’s not like you can expect it, They adjsuted the entire event since halloween and it’s still an on-going drama.
If you want a perfect game everything needs to be obtainable. Not even paying a sub fee for the game.

THey even adjusted the way we can get some sort of holiday decorated skins, and even miniature pets.

There will always be people complaining here and there, you’d take note of the fact that most of the complaining people recurringly complaina bout it.

That’s not even a quarter of the base that plays the game.

Eitherway yeah, i’ll give them a big thank you after ive enjoyed the content wholly =d

Can’t wait to finish the rest of the air ship dungeons!

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

You know what’s the problem Nhalx ?The fact that even if the players that are unhappy are in the minority, their opinions are the most seen because the fact of the matter is that people that are happy don’t need to say anything on the forum, don’t need to post stuff because they like the game. The ones that don’t cry about it and make their voice heard and the devs can get a false and bloated negative perspective of the general way that the game is seen.

So I wanted to show that there are people who actually know how games work and like this game in particular, flaws and all! And to be honest, the time I spend looking in wonder when I see a secret of the game or an event far outweigh the time I get frustrated from a bug in an instance or a skill that doesn’t work propperly.

in Wintersday

Nhalx.9735

You know what’s the problem Nhalx ?The fact that even if the players that are unhappy are in the minority, their opinions are the most seen because the fact of the matter is that people that are happy don’t need to say anything on the forum, don’t need to post stuff because they like the game. The ones that don’t cry about it and make their voice heard and the devs can get a false and bloated negative perspective of the general way that the game is seen.

So I wanted to show that there are people who actually know how games work and like this game in particular, flaws and all! And to be honest, the time I spend looking in wonder when I see a secret of the game or an event far outweigh the time I get frustrated from a bug in an instance or a skill that doesn’t work propperly.

Alot of the bugs actually get reported throughout the outlined bug report. It’s not that even, alot of the complaint are getting ridiculous.

It just gives a negative view on the game itself, just reading through the posts that people constantly post every day in and out.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Those whiners are the minority that’s why Anet is not listening to them no matter how they spam the forum with their QQing.

Majority of players who are enjoying the game are playing it instead of looking here.

I’m here because I can’t play atm otherwise I won’t be here.

They also forget that all this contents are free and we even don’t have to pay for subs.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sativo.9754

Sativo.9754

People complained about halloween skins being too hard to obtain – they made crappy looking skins but easily obtainable.

People complained about the clocktower being too hard – they made a kitten easy one and yet people still complaining about it.

People complained about not getting rewarded for the karka event – they gave everyone who was present during the event a chest.

People complain because there is a lot that is wrong with the game. Who’s the minority Sentinel? I don’t care about this new content, done with it all and bored of it already along with many many others.

in Wintersday

Posted by: FluffyCake.7035

FluffyCake.7035

I love this event and I’m thankful to all the hard work that went into it. You don’t have to spend a dime to enjoy Wintersday. The economy is rough for a lot of people, not to mention the holidays are about buying gifts for others. I had no cash to spend on gems this time. I knew I wouldn’t have extra fun money, so I saved up gold for one month to afford the fancy Wintersday outfit, the earmuffs and made a little extra gold today because I’m saving for one of the mini pets. The whole “We should have everything handed to us for free” whining has got to stop. Exactly how is anything NOT free? They take in game gold to trade for gem shop currency! Sheesh…
Plus, two of the new holiday minis can be made with ingredients found in the dungeon. I don’t honestly know how more accommodating they can get. The activities(especially the jumping puzzle and bell choir!) are really fun, and even hunting down those presents is a blast. Mad King’s Day was also fun for me, and I’m looking forward to the next big holiday!

Keep up the good work, Anet!

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

Ok Sativo, ok. Now pick your toys and go home. Maybe after a good night’s sleep you can get the entitlement out of you.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

The funny thing is, most of the QQ’ing is over mini pets…I mean really, MINI PETS

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

I would love that mini quaggan pet. Tough there is no chance I would gamble money to get it. I have more self control than that. BUT IT HAS A HAAAAT!!!!( slaps self Uh, I’m ok, I’m ok.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sammet.6542

Sammet.6542

This is the best event so far and I’ve already enjoyed it immensely! The snowball fight, Tixx Infinirarium, the bell choir, the jumping puzzle – it’s a gorgeous event and a great way to celebrate the holidays in game. So a huge thank you to Arena Net!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

We DID HAVE MANY “thank you Anet” posts this morning….
…then we found out about the RNG minis in the boxes and after that they told usa that we can make only 2 out of 5 dungeon minis,
But be happy! We can always buy the other 3 for a mere 350 gems each! Wonderfull, totally cheap!!!!!1111!!111111!!

… -.- Wonder why there aren’t so many “thank you arenanet” topics now.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Thank you, ArenaNet. I love jumping puzzles.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Revan.3185

Revan.3185

I agree Anet does an awesome job and I hope they don’t let all the complaining get to them!
best mmo I have ever played

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

in Wintersday

Posted by: ifnt.3819

ifnt.3819

This patch has been amazing so far. Here’s my +1 for ANet.

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

…then we found out about the RNG minis in the boxes and after that they told usa that we can make only 2 out of 5 dungeon minis,
But be happy! We can always buy the other 3 for a mere 350 gems each! Wonderfull, totally cheap!!!!!1111!!111111!!

What’s wrong with you ?You’re upset because you can’t get ALL the minis ?Give me a break… that’s the most arrogant and entitled statement I have heard in my life.

in Wintersday

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Anet, keep doing with what you’re doing. You’re slowly adapting to the right way of handling these events perfectly. Wintersday definitely shows you hear our concerns and continue to make the game more fun and giving all the chance to get /do stuff. Thank You very much.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Revan.3185

Revan.3185

What’s wrong with you ?You’re upset because you can’t get ALL the minis ?Give me a break… that’s the most arrogant and entitled statement I have heard in my life.

I second this people are just acting way to entitled about this and 350 is not bad if you really want to get all 5.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

in Wintersday

Posted by: FluffyCake.7035

FluffyCake.7035

So earn them. 7g is about 350 gems. You have until January 3rd to at least buy one of them, or ya’know, you could just cuddle your two free mini pets.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I’m extremely happy with the event so far, thank you once again ArenaNet!

in Wintersday

Posted by: sahand.9138

sahand.9138

I agree completely. I love this game, thanks devs. I can understand gettign frustrated and complaining though as ive done it myself, but this truely is a wonderful game.

in Wintersday

Posted by: sahand.9138

sahand.9138

Sativo you guys are the minority because most people who are loving the game are not coming here and saying thank you, people who are upset come to complain. This is widely known in all mmos, you are the majority on a forum where people come to complain, but you are the minority when it comes to players and how they feel about the game.

in Wintersday

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

Most people are happy, but why is it the weapon RNG was removed since halloween but minis were added. People are upset about losing something like the spook-trio. The upset players aren’t the same group from halloween it is a different group asking why their stuff was changed from the previous event.

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

By the way. I was opening gift boxes and I got the magic wand skin and I’m HAPPY dang it! No moans about why I didn’t get something more rare, or why didn’t I get this or that. I got a rare drop of a skin that I actually find amusing and placed it on my necro. Why can’t other people just be happy that they get some free stuff and minis to remind them that they participated in a special event ? When I’ll get my minis I’ll be happy with them. I’m not going to cry out for this or that because it is not a bug, it’s not a scam, it’s just something nice that you get to remind you that you got through the hollidays.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Antinegative.4872

Antinegative.4872

Thank you Anet for a holly jolly wintersday, you made me very merry.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bazookajoe.5624

Bazookajoe.5624

Wintersday = 90% sucsess
Minipet pack not in gem store = 100% failure

in Wintersday

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I already said thank you but I will again
Thank you for a wonderful wintersday
btw here it is summer and I love the snowflakes- it makes me feel cooler

Gunnar’s Hold

in Wintersday

Nhalx.9735

a big hello to all the team for arena net! and thank you for this beautiful Wintersday!

My Asura is very happy with her dress! And she Souvant party! we are very happy, playful and character of this beautiful festival that you give us!

ohhhh! I need that outfit for my asuran elementalist with ear muffs! =D

in Wintersday

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

I love the xmas scenery, and did quite enjoy the JP, much more then the last one. xD

Tho im getting to a point where i have no interest in hunting down 100 something items (or magic snow) this time around. And the Ring in the Season event either dont link very well with my wireless keyboard or it got abit of lag. Whatever the reason its more stress then fun that one. ^^

Even so, “Thank you Anet and happy holiday”. :-)

in Wintersday

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

In-game when I help someone and they say “thx” or “Thank you”, I tell them “Don’t thank me, instead help others like I helped you”.

Although I understand that it must feel nice reading some thanks for some people, to me ‘thanks’ is something empty you say out of custom. Something that is used so much that no longer has a meaning.
I prefer sayings like “I owe you one” or “I’ll repay you one day”.

Why thanking with words? Words, like violence, break the silence. Come crashing in, into my little world. Painful to me, pierce right through me. Can’t you understand? Oh my little gi… eeer… I mean… I’d rather thank with gestures than with words. You know, like getting expansions and new players into the game. They won’t pay the bills and make us more games with thank yous. It may give them a morale boost, but meh, how big a boost can give a mere thank you?

Hm.. I think I’m getting sleepy. I’m starting to lose control over my tendency to digress…

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Wintersday

Posted by: CrusaderRabbit.7460

CrusaderRabbit.7460

People complained about halloween skins being too hard to obtain – they made crappy looking skins but easily obtainable.

People complained about the clocktower being too hard – they made a kitten easy one and yet people still complaining about it.

People complained about not getting rewarded for the karka event – they gave everyone who was present during the event a chest.

People complain because there is a lot that is wrong with the game. Who’s the minority Sentinel? I don’t care about this new content, done with it all and bored of it already along with many many others.

1. The thing that makes the jp hard in both is the time element. That would fix 90% of the jump puzzle complaints. Most people that are complaining either don’t have the hand/eye coordination, don’t want to feel rushed, or miss the first two steps from loading in. Both would be manageable if they let the ones that take time on JPs take their time.

2. Karka event- They should not have included precursors in that but they felt they needed to inject them in there for a minor deflation in price. I spent 3 hours doing that tedious event (not a single other event worked for me), for literally nothing. I have all 18 slot bags so even the 20 slot karka box wasn’t good for me. They gave the boxes to those that disconnected during the event and “didn’t get the chest.” Problem is that a lot of people got 2 chest rewards.

3. Halloween skins were bearable to get. There were only a couple decent skins. The skins here are cooler imho and you can buy outright, that is cool. The problem is the minis. They are account bound and random from a chest unlike Halloween where you can buy the pack of them outright. There are people ending up with 8 copies of one mini that they have to trash 7 of them or just hold onto them in hopes that one day ANet makes them sellable, and others are not getting any at all. Also the 5 minis you can make from the event, you can only make 2/5 according to an ANet rep that posted on another thread. That means the other three non gem shop minis you have to go to the gem shop in order to purchase.

Most of the complaints about the event are valid in one way or another. Anet keeps putting out content that is super buggy/laggy/unplayable (Much fewer in Wintersday, good sign guys), and are money grubbing the new content at the same time. After Halloween and Karka, you would think they would have lightened their money grabbing grip and given something to the gamers that continue to stick by them. They probably would have made more money making a 800 gem packaged mini deal than throwing them in the chest. I know I would have spent 1600 gems on a mini pack. I bought two packs plus chests during Halloween.

Don’t call people Q.Q without actually understanding the issues

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

CrusaderRabbit, I do actually understand the issues. What you are saying there is 50% Q.Q for little reason. I’ve been in every event from start to finish from day 1 so I can tell you that the people that complain about JP just aren’t good at that. Good. Some people didn’t get the prerequisite in the karka event (i was among them). Again good.
Also, you throw arround the term “money grubbing” like you know what it means. Please… if people are so weak that they think they “need” an item, they are sadly mistaken and the money that they spent is of their own choise, even if they didn’t get it. No one is forcing you to get those items, no one is forcing you to spend money. Yes, they are QQing for no reason.

P.S. If you think that a game is made for everyone to get everything, you are 12 years old and never played Mario or Contra. Get a NES, get those games and THEN get back here and tell me how difficult this game actually is on it’s JP’s.

(edited by Wrinn.1802)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Deathful Dante.1239

Deathful Dante.1239

If you do not wanna do the JP cuz it is timed, then don’t. It is not a must at all.

Also, this patch also had tons of other fixes. And they corrected many skill texts and they added combo areas and finishers everywhere. The patch is huge. And they also included lots of considerations and explained what they are doing. So, THANKS ANET. You guys rock. Devs please keep in mind that everyone who is not here whining as a boring children, is playing and enjoying the game.
Also the JP is not too easy. It is a challenge. It is perfect. I only worry about the people who say they do not load before the first snowflake goes away. And, I am having lots of fun having conversations, snowball fights, dancing and jokes in the area where you wait to start. (Even thought I hate to run with 10 guys jumping in sync with me, makes it hard and causes me to fall stupidly.) But hey. It is all fine. it is fun. thank you for your attention.

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

By the way, I bought 1 mystery windersday box from the store for 2 gold(prices have really soared for these things) and got 2 snowman tonics and one personalized gift. I know that spending 2 gold for that was stupid, but I wanted to gamble once and failed. Do I complain ?Nope. Relying on chance for an item is one’s own responsibility. Plus now I’m a snowman with a tophat! Still cool

in Wintersday

Posted by: SkabSavage.8015

SkabSavage.8015

Yes! Finally players who appreciate what ANet had done. I am tired of all of the whining and self entitlement BS. THANK YOU ANET!

Dethsyk
Blackgate

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bazookajoe.5624

Bazookajoe.5624

Give us a minis pack like the spooky trio! Stop failing at marketing.

in Wintersday

CrusaderRabbit.7460

CrusaderRabbit, I do actually understand the issues. What you are saying there is 50% Q.Q for little reason. I’ve been in every event from start to finish from day 1 so I can tell you that the people that complain about JP just aren’t good at that. Good. Some people didn’t get the prerequisite in the karka event (i was among them). Again good.
Also, you throw arround the term “money grubbing” like you know what it means. Please… if people are so weak that they think they “need” an item, they are sadly mistaken and the money that they spent is of their own choise, even if they didn’t get it. No one is forcing you to get those items, no one is forcing you to spend money. Yes, they are QQing for no reason.

P.S. If you think that a game is made for everyone to get everything, you are 12 years old and never played Mario or Contra. Get a NES, get those games and THEN get back here and tell me how difficult this game actually is on it’s JP’s.

Actually I am a sales manager for a large IT firm in a major city, so no I am not 12. I do understand a bit about marketing and milking money from people as a lot of game companies these days do (Such as Electronic Arts).

I am actually very good at the jumping puzzles in the game. I have almost all of them completed. The ONLY reason I cannot do the festival ones is the timed mechanic in them. Again, timed jump puzzles = bad. jumping puzzles requiring timing= good. And you are very narrow minded if you can’t understand the collectors want for a full collection. Their complaints aren’t for getting them for free. In fact most would be perfect with them just not being account bound (that way the ones that get 7 extra copies of a mini can sell the excess on the TP). There is a lot of wasted money for ANet’s buying clientele that just is burnt money. They have NO use for an extra 7 account bound minis. They are punishing the money spenders by making it a gamble for account bound collectibles that you may or may not get.

And for your information, my gaming experience goes all the way back to the Atari 2600. So lets stop making assumptions.

Deathful Dante, I did give kudos for having much fewer bugs and yes for the achievement, the jump puzzle is necessary

in Wintersday

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Definitely have given my thanks in a few threads already for this spectacular event, but here is yet another for the this thread. Thanks!

Am really happy with the way this event was handled (though I do understand some concerns with the mini pet debacle). Otherwise, I hope this is the future of further events like I have said before. Great job on this seriously.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Wintersday

Wrinn.1802

Aha. You say you got experience and yet still you condone behaviour as the one that is most frequently seen in this forum ?Im sorry but since when is “I need them all!!!WAAA” mentality excusable ? Yes, if people want something they either can buy it or earn it. You can already see that in the fact that the minis (the Tixx ones) can be bought with gems. Could the mini situation had been done differently ?Yes, but that doesn’t excuse the utter ridiculous rage that people have been having. Of all things to get annoyed about, really.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sativo.9754

Sativo.9754

Actually I am a sales manager for a large IT firm in a major city, so no I am not 12. I do understand a bit about marketing and milking money from people as a lot of game companies these days do (Such as Electronic Arts).

I am actually very good at the jumping puzzles in the game. I have almost all of them completed. The ONLY reason I cannot do the festival ones is the timed mechanic in them. Again, timed jump puzzles = bad. jumping puzzles requiring timing= good. And you are very narrow minded if you can’t understand the collectors want for a full collection. Their complaints aren’t for getting them for free. In fact most would be perfect with them just not being account bound (that way the ones that get 7 extra copies of a mini can sell the excess on the TP). There is a lot of wasted money for ANet’s buying clientele that just is burnt money. They have NO use for an extra 7 account bound minis. They are punishing the money spenders by making it a gamble for account bound collectibles that you may or may not get.

And for your information, my gaming experience goes all the way back to the Atari 2600. So lets stop making assumptions.

Deathful Dante, I did give kudos for having much fewer bugs and yes for the achievement, the jump puzzle is necessary

Someone in this thread who actually talks some sense.

For the record i did enjoy the bell choir and the jump puzzle is still relatively fun even though ive cleared it like 40 times. Kudos to Anet for finally making ascended rings obtainable for those who have had horrible luck with RNG.

in Wintersday

CrusaderRabbit.7460

Aha. You say you got experience and yet still you condone behaviour as the one that is most frequently seen in this forum ?Im sorry but since when is “I need them all!!!WAAA” mentality excusable ? Yes, if people want something they either can buy it or earn it. You can already see that in the fact that the minis (the Tixx ones) can be bought with gems. Could the mini situation had been done differently ?Yes, but that doesn’t excuse the utter ridiculous rage that people have been having. Of all things to get annoyed about, really.

If you actually READ my post I was not condoning any behavior. There are a lot of threads out there that are legitimate complaints and or constructive criticisms. Most threads about jumping puzzles include a great many players that offer solutions to make it better. In the mini pets complaint threads, most people are telling ANet “Hey look, just make them not account bound or let us buy the packaged sets.”

We have grown into a society that is very goal oriented. Most people are already thinking about the next step before they are finished with the first step. If there is an achievement it needs to be achieved. ANet has constantly put out goals then have taken away the means to obtain those goals. I have seen the progress towards fixing these issues and I thank ANet for taking those steps. But the damage has been done across most of the game.

You are generalizing ALL the complaining as whining. That isn’t true. If ANet truly wants a successful game they need to hear these complaints and criticisms so that they know where to improve. Yeah there are a few whiners out there that make all the complainers look bad but most have something valid to bring to the front.