How do you get the gift from Tixx?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Orion.9861

Orion.9861

“Lion’s Arch

Toymaker Tixx finally arrives at Lion’s Arch! As the Wintersday guest of honor, Tixx and his workshop will remain in Lion’s Arch for the rest of the holiday. He has a special Wintersday gift for everyone who visits him while he’s in Lion’s Arch.”

I talk to him and he only ever gives the typical dialog. I receive no gift, nor do I receive instructions on how to obtain gift.

Anyone know what this is supposed to be?

Thanks

in Wintersday

Posted by: vmg.2059

vmg.2059

Apparently a bug caused the removal of the chest that you were supposed to open to receive the present after speaking to him. Instead, the gift was mailed to everyone.

… Well, apparently. I actually just learned of the existence of this gift and nothing’s in my mail. I searched the forums and apparently a couple other people are in this position. If you check your mail and don’t see something I guess just do what I’m about to do: file a support ticket.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Orion.9861

Orion.9861

What’s weird is the wiki doesn’t even mention the gift. Which made me think that maybe there was no free gift. I’ve seen no official response to this issue. I wonder how many others have this issue but aren’t aware of it. I know my guildmates havent gotten a gift either. I saw people posting about getting double rewards and I didn’t know if they meant the gift or a reward for a quest. I also concerned that if ANet has mailed the gift to some people, they think the issue is fixed.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Actually, you should get the gift via ingame mail – I know I did, even though I had already opened the chest a couple of days before…

Polka will never die

in Wintersday

Posted by: zerorelative.3104

zerorelative.3104

I’ve seen no chest near Tixx and I’ve received no gift via e-mail. If the gift is just more useless Ugly _, keep it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It was some nice stuff, including an account-bound back skin of a present-stuffed sack and a PvP version of the same thing. I don’t remember what the other stuff was but It’s worth ticketing if you were active during the event and didn’t get the gift.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

The Tixx Gift was originally broken into two parts, PvE and PvP. PvE got 200 cogs, 15-slot bag, 3 Unsafe Wintersday Gifts (contains only the in-game weapon skins), Toymaker’s Bag (back piece, mostly just for skin purposes). PvP got 3 Snowman Finishers, 3 Gift Finishers, and a PvP version of the Toymaker’s Bag.

It bugged out in all kinds of ways though so they just had it pushed out as in-game mail afterwards and upped the cogs from 200 to 250.