How to obtain all the Wintersday Minis?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

So I know of the 3 common minipets that come from the Wintersday Boxes which you can use 3 of those to craft the baby quaggan. The other 5 come from either the Gem Store after the event or you get items to make them yourself. However you only get 100 cogs, I heard you can only craft 2 of the 5… so you will be forced to dump 1,050 gems to complete the full set. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that, or will you be able to get more cogs later? I already spend around 3k gems on 33 Boxes and Outfits to unlock, it would be rather absurd to have to dump more gold or cash on gems to unlock everything.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

get your 1050 gems ready lol

in Wintersday

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

I think we should wait until Tixx arrives at LA to speculate. It’s possible you will only be able to craft 2 of 5, but it’s also possible you will be able to get cogs and other materials from Toypocalypse daily. Who really knows at this point.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

There was a thread that a developer posted on (I cannot find the thread) who confirmed you can only complete 2 pets if you play all 5 days.

While this is unfortunate for a player like me, it makes the best of both worlds as players can obtain some minipets for “free” (very cheap craftables required) while still allowing AN to make a profit from selling these items in the Gem store.

Wait all 5 days then make your 2 favourite.

EDIT: Thread with dev post here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Tixx-Minipets/page/2#post1018060

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)