I feel cheated

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Maxistin.3754

Maxistin.3754

Actually most US retailers will give you the difference on a sale if the sale happens within 14- 30 days. They do this because ultimately the costumer can return the item then turn around and buy it at the discounted price, so to avoid the hassle you get the refund. Kohl’s is famous for this.

On another note, I want my glue and cotton I sold back…/sarcasm

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The MMO gamer crowd. The only crowd I know that complains about being given free stuff.

Seriously. They didn’t force you to buy the mini pets off the gem store. Also with the prices of glue and stuffing sky rocketing. You actually get them cheaper off the gem store.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I think this was a mistake or an over-sight that came about as a side-effect to the hot-fix for chest bugs.

I don’t think they intentionally lied to everyone about only being able to craft two of the five. And I don’t think they deliberately kept that plan a secret so people would buy the minis from the gem shop.

Something was broke, they put in a quick fix to reward the people that were affected and to keep more people from getting the wrong rewards (im talking about the bug where people were opening the chest and getting PvP stuff specifically and the people that didnt get cogs from the dungeon), and as a result a lot of us ended up getting more stuff than intended.

So complaining about it is sort of like saying you feel cheated that you didn’t get to take advantage of their mistake to get more than you were supposed to get.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Whelp, Just got a response to my ticket and they can’t do jack with those of us who bought the minis on the word of an Anet employee saying we could only get 2.

Guess I’m not going to be buying gems for future events anymore..

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I have to agree with OP. I feel cheated too. While i certainly appreciate them giving out more than promised, they really need to start communicating better. And that has been the case for a loooong time.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

Whelp, Just got a response to my ticket and they can’t do jack with those of us who bought the minis on the word of an Anet employee saying we could only get 2.

It is probably a good idea to avoid spending money on event items until it is nearing the end or all the bugs have been ironed out, especially if it is the first time the event is being done. It’s your choice in the end but if it’s an amount you would possibly get “Roda smash, grawrrrrrr” over then it is best to conserve.

ArenaNet does need some better communication of these sorts of things though. Most of these fixes weren’t known when or how they were happening unless you happen to watch the places that interview the dev teams or read other websites a lot.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

It is probably a good idea to avoid spending money on event items until it is nearing the end or all the bugs have been ironed out, especially if it is the first time the event is being done. It’s your choice in the end but if it’s an amount you would possibly get “Roda smash, grawrrrrrr” over then it is best to conserve.

ArenaNet does need some better communication of these sorts of things though. Most of these fixes weren’t known when or how they were happening unless you happen to watch the places that interview the dev teams or read other websites a lot.

But see, it takes away half the fun if you can’t use them when they’re relevant! D’:

Also, do I know you? o.o

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

I think the real problem here is that ANET doesn’t test their content properly enough, or does and decides to release it in a broken state anyway, much to the chagrin and overall disgust of the playerbase. This is the second event that I’ve been around for (out of less than two months of logged play time – TWO MONTHS) that has seen hotfixes to deliver content by mail to every account in the game. There’s something wrong with that. There are several somethings wrong with it, in fact.

Players received an incorrect amount of cogs during this event due to ANET’s irrational portioning of rewards throughout the overly long and drawn-out Winsterday, which led to them instituting a fix (that, itself, was broken), and then a fix for the fix, when the simplest course of action would’ve been to follow Occam’s Razor (essentially, making no unneccesary assumptions, or, to fit this scenario, making nothing more complicated than it needed to be).

They could’ve had a long event as they wanted and allowed characters the reward (whatever it may have been) after completing all of the dungeons, rather than rewarding them in a piecemeal manner to sate their “Mini Madness” bit-by-bit.

The result created more inflation in the economy, more grinding for materials like stuffing and glue, and situations like this one that could’ve easily been prevented with better thought and planning.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

It took me 43 tries to make an Endless Tonic. I demand a refund on at least 30 of those.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I bought a sticker from a gumball machine for fifty cents, then it messed up for the kid that used it after me and gave him two stickers! It said ONE sticker per fifty cents! I am writing the company a strongly worded letter as soon as I get home. Gumball machines in this day and age should operate flawlessly.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rift.4179

Rift.4179

Complain moar like they owe you for a choice you made and now you don’t like it. Its a game you’ll get over it, maybe get some sun and take a walk outside and someday realize the world is not fair.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

But see, it takes away half the fun if you can’t use them when they’re relevant! D’:

True, but a little restraint goes a long way.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Killer Parakeet.9435

Killer Parakeet.9435

Thanks for the laugh OP.

Saw a couple of people in guild chat complaining they wish they would have gotten better stuff in the free mail gift. People were really upset… about free stuff. The world we live in…

They could have made you buy all the minis.

They could have not made any minis.

They could have charged you real money just to participate in wintersday.

Children of an entitlement society. No matter what is done for you, you will be upset about it. Get real.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yoonaii.1824

Yoonaii.1824

I fully understand the OPs grievance. It was hinted that you would only be able to get two, and if you wanted all you had to spend gems. Altough not directly worded in such a way, its understandable to see why someone would think that.

And then they suddenly turn around and hand out so many materials you couldve gotten the 3th one aswell without spending gems.

It’s not an argument in the slightest though. What they said was that you could get 2 mini pets out of the first 5 days. That’s a fact AND they held up to it. If you drew conclusions from that, you can’t hold Arenanet responsible for that. Not even a little bit.

I fully agree with the last part of your post (that I cutted out of this), they don’t owe you anything: They simply didn’t lie. As a matter in fact (and I’ve said this before in this thread): the extra cogs they gave out aren’t even really meant for you. They’re meant for the people who somehow got screwed out of getting 2 craftable mini’s.

However; the entire thing was handled sloppy once more: having to give out TWO (!) extra waves of cogs because your content for getting them is buggy is a major flaw. If the point is telling them they need to get their act straight, you have my sympathy. But people saying Arenanet lied when they factually haven’t, annoys me.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stefan.9652

Stefan.9652

OP are you seriously asking for a $5 refund? Come on, no one made you confirm your payment, get over it, geez la weez.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: MagusShade.2358

MagusShade.2358

LOL if the OP submits a ticket i hope A-Net’s fix is they take away his extra cogs. Problem solved! XD

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

OP are you seriously asking for a $5 refund? Come on, no one made you confirm your payment, get over it, geez la weez.

I dont want money refunded, I want gems refunded so I can use them for something else.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

I feel cheated

in Wintersday

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you.