I would like to sell or trade the pets

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

I have multiples of every pet, I already have the quaggan. Let me sell or trade them, it is ridiculous to have 4 and 5 snowmen and light golems and not be able to do anything.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Of all things I see no reason for any Mini to be account bound. They’re meant to be collected and traded. :/ With the exception of HoM mini~ which actually makes sense though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Make all excepted the quaggan.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Wintersday

Hilda Raven.8641

I know, let us sell or trade. I got a bunch of useless minis now..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Catamaran Nights.2630

Catamaran Nights.2630

I completely agree. I bought 20 of the Wintersday Boxes from Gem Store. Ended up getting 5 Mini Infirium, and a Mini Snowman. I mean i was still able to get the Mini Quaggan I still have an extra Infirium that I wish i could trade for a Festive Golem so I can have all of them

in Wintersday

Hilda Raven.8641

Atleast if Anet wants to milk money out of us during the wintersday event then fine, but atleast allow them to be sold/traded once it is over

in Wintersday

Catamaran Nights.2630

The worst part is with the toy minis. We only get enough cogs to make 2 of the 5, which means if we want all 5 we have to buy the 3 we don’t make from the gem store.

in Wintersday

Hilda Raven.8641

I’m not bothered about gem store crap, spend gold, get gems, simple and easy. No real life money required. I just spent nearly 100 gold on gems for boxes, all good, ended up with a contract and got my money back. I don’t care about that, I care about all these duplicates and refusing to let us use them in any useful way.

in Wintersday

Catamaran Nights.2630

The exchange rate for gems is ridiculous right now. Not sure if i want to waste that much gold just to get them.

in Wintersday

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I agree. These minis (‘cept the quaggan) should be tradeable.
I have multiple of them too by now. I’d like to give them to others who need them or want them but can’t efford.

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nox.8967

Nox.8967

I was wondering if this was a bug / unintended. The mini scene in GW1 was a ton of fun due to trading and HoM. All minis need to be tradeable! Come on Anet!!

ps later add the HoM for gw2 that you said was going to happen but never did thx

in Wintersday

Catamaran Nights.2630

I agree. These minis (‘cept the quaggan) should be tradeable.
I have multiple of them too by now. I’d like to give them to others who need them or want them but can’t efford.

Trading would be perfect. I have extra Mini Infirium and no Mini Festive Golem (the christmas lights) and a guildmate has extra Mini Festive Golem and no Mini Infirium.

Wish we could trade each other

in Wintersday

Posted by: LaughingLoser.9806

LaughingLoser.9806

The worst part is with the toy minis. We only get enough cogs to make 2 of the 5, which means if we want all 5 we have to buy the 3 we don’t make from the gem store.

The Tixx instances are live until the third when wintersday ends. That is more than plenty dailies to get all 5 minis without purchasing anything assuming drops for dailies don’t change after the event hits LA.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

The Tixx instances are live until the third when wintersday ends. That is more than plenty dailies to get all 5 minis without purchasing anything assuming drops for dailies don’t change after the event hits LA.

It’s not a “daily” it’s a first time completion reward. There has already been a Dev post saying you can make 2/5.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Tixx-Minipets/first

in Wintersday

Posted by: Boyce.7165

Boyce.7165

Totally agree with you guys, I like to collect minis, especially special ones; I missed the Lost Shore minis, but I know they could be obtained by other ways, that I can earn them by earning gold in game or buy gems to trade on TP.

But Accound Bound is a disaster…Since I open the Wintersday Chest only for minis, after collecting 1 snowman and 1 baby quaggan(forged by 3 snowman and stuffing….) I dare not to open any other chest, what should I do with tons of the same minis that are accound bound? Collectable minis should not work in such way, they should be tradable…so people could trade for what they want insted of losing money for nothing

in Wintersday

Unspecified.9142

Totally agree with you guys, I like to collect minis, especially special ones; I missed the Lost Shore minis, but I know they could be obtained by other ways, that I can earn them by earning gold in game or buy gems to trade on TP.

Yeah… The glaring hole in my “Mini Pets (Special)” tab from the lost shores minis drives me nuts but I just can’t afford them on the TP yet and I wasn’t lucky enough to get any during the lost shores event. Though I opened a couple dozen Consortium Chests (mostly made with the MF).

I got really lucky on these ones though. 20 chests, 3 Festive Golems, 3 Snowmen and an Infinirarium (2 festives and a snowman made my quaggan). I am stuck with a spare Snowman I’d like to sell though (maybe buy a karka with the proceeds).

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think removing the account bound status would defeat the purpose, but they should have loads of different ways to shift one account-bound item into a different one. There should be simple recipes where you can combine one ultra-rare component with a bunch of super cheap and common ones to get something comparable in quality to the rare thing, for example one minipet, then a ton of copper, or like low level green gear, or something else you can pick up for a couple silver tops, in order to get a different mini.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nox.8967

Nox.8967

I think removing the account bound status would defeat the purpose, but they should have loads of different ways to shift one account-bound item into a different one. There should be simple recipes where you can combine one ultra-rare component with a bunch of super cheap and common ones to get something comparable in quality to the rare thing, for example one minipet, then a ton of copper, or like low level green gear, or something else you can pick up for a couple silver tops, in order to get a different mini.

Defeat the purpose? You realize the purpose is purely for Anet to make money in an attempt to force us to gamble at the gemstore?

No, they need to be tradeable.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Grim Rogue.6259

Grim Rogue.6259

Account bound items are one of the very few negative aspects I have found in GW2. I used to enjoy buying/selling odd items, tonics, etc in GW1. If Anet wants the market to flourish, then in my opinion account bound items should be few. Think of the “customized” weapons in GW1… that was fine by me. I would even be OK with booster packs, etc being account bound. Soul binding is a waste though. What if I want to roll a new Ranger and my main Ranger has the armor I want to use when my new character hits the appropriate level? I see nothing wrong with passing such items (including weapons) to my alt.

Also, anything I can make craft wise (food, etc) should all be tradeable. I think Anet hoped the soul/account binding would encourage more gem sales for them. Really, if the market opened up for items like the minis that are “special” it would encourage more sells by the end users. We should have a dedication system for the weapons, minis, etc… not binding to you because you used it for a bit.

More free market… less binding please, Anet. I know for me that would mean me buying and selling more items which is good for the game, economy and even you, Anet with the gems cashed in for gold to buy said items.

(edited by Grim Rogue.6259)

in Wintersday

Hilda Raven.8641

Again I understand they would like to sell things, makes sense but just be fair about it. Say after the duration of wintersday, duplicate pets will be tradeable.

in Wintersday

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

i need more storage!

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Wintersday

Catamaran Nights.2630

i need more storage!

This has nothing to do with this topic. But i agree with you

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Just of curiosity, how’d you get so many minis?
Also, I’m all for letting players sell them, so I can avoid the RNG chests

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Wintersday

Hilda Raven.8641

You get the minis from the wintersday mystery boxes.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I spent 10 bucks to buy 10 chests and ended up with a festive golem mini. They’re pretty cool looking if you ask me, but I really have no interest in minis at all. Seems to me that there are some people who really want certain minis, and havent been able to get the one they’re after. Make em tradeable and I’ll give mine away.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Defeat the purpose? You realize the purpose is purely for Anet to make money in an attempt to force us to gamble at the gemstore?

No, they need to be tradeable.

Well, there is a fair purpose, which is to make them not an open market commodity, something you need to get for yourself. I can respect that. I do think that they should not tie that element to things that you buy for cash money, however. The use of RNG elements with gem store purchases is unconscionable in my opinion, because it’s straight up real money gambling, which is illegal most places in the US, but they get away with it because they don’t let you turn the prizes back into cash, which is a sad little loophole.

But still, removing the account-bound status is not the solution to that problem, removing the cash RNG boxes is the solution to that problem.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Wintersday

Unspecified.9142

What you guys dont understand is that doing this would cause Anet to lose a lot of money. By making them tradeable, there would be a massive amount of them put on the TP for a bit of silver at most. If this happens, who’s going to buy gift boxes from the store?
Im sorry that Anet isnt super duper jesus tier charitable but NO COMPANY WHO WANTS TO CONTINUE MAKING MONEY EVER IS.
Its as simple as that.

You haven’t looked up Mini prices on the TP have you?

The Karka and Reef Drake around 30-50 gold EACH. If the minis out of the events chests (not the frame minis) were not account bound I can guarantee they would be up for 30-50 gold apiece.

The frame minis would run ~6 gold 50 silver because that’s the current cost of 350 gems. Post Wintersday the frame minis would likely spike up to 30-50 gold each as well because of no new supply.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree completely that the festive golem, snowman and airship should be tradable. It’s crazy that people are being stuck with useless extras, other people desperately want them and have been unable to get them and there is no way to trade them.

I think it’s fair for Foostive and the frame minis to be account bound because you’re not going to get those by accident, and (if the other 3 were tradable) everyone who wanted one would have a guarenteed way of getting them.

What you guys dont understand is that doing this would cause Anet to lose a lot of money. By making them tradeable, there would be a massive amount of them put on the TP for a bit of silver at most. If this happens, who’s going to buy gift boxes from the store?
Im sorry that Anet isnt super duper jesus tier charitable but NO COMPANY WHO WANTS TO CONTINUE MAKING MONEY EVER IS.
Its as simple as that.

You haven’t looked up Mini prices on the TP have you?

The Karka and Reef Drake around 30-50 gold EACH. If the minis out of the events chests (not the frame minis) were not account bound I can guarantee they would be up for 30-50 gold apiece.

The frame minis would run ~6 gold 50 silver because that’s the current cost of 350 gems. Post Wintersday the frame minis would likely spike up to 30-50 gold each as well because of no new supply.

This. Even the regular mini packs usually offer a better return than trading gems for gold (maybe not at the moment when the gem price has spiked, but normally). Minis that are only available for a limited time would be worth a huge amount. That would be a big incentive for people who can afford it to buy a lot of boxes to get minis they can sell to people who can’t afford to buy the boxes.

Then, eventually, everyone is happy.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jamers.1629

Jamers.1629

I would love them to be tradeable. I love collecting minis. It was one of my favourite things to do in GW1. I thought doing the same in GW2 would be a nice side to the game, and this Wintersday I bought more boxes than I should have for definite.

In the end I ended up with 4 Festive Golems – the only Wintersday mini I dislike – and millions of dyes and tonics. While I got to craft the Quaggan, I have still realised that gambling gold and real life money on these is ridiculous. I’ll never beat the house. I won’t be buying any more random chance minis for as long as I play this game. I’ve learned my lesson.