In my view, people will join WvW to farm nodes

in Wintersday

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Is it really causing that much of a problem?

Not “that much”, but to some extent, yes, it does.

For instance, I am pretty annoyed by the following design faux-pas: In Stonemist Castle, Mysterious Present boxes drop right on the mortars on the top level of the castle. Some kitten player will inevitably click on the boxes to let them explode, which a) sets a number of mobs free in the castle to which distracts the defenders and b) launches the player operating the mortar and, thus, interrupts the defense. In fact, I have been launched to my death twice (SM top floor to courtyard in less than 2 seconds) by those kitten boxes.

I understand that it is well meant to provide WvW players the same access to the festivities as any other player in the game, However, I would really appreciate if the event changes to WvW would be purely cosmetical (decorative snowmen, Wintersday trees, candycane poles, you name it) with no influence to the gameplay mechanic whatsoever. Keep the game mechanic changes in PvE. According to what I have read in the chat channels, I am under the impression that this would be also appreciated by the majority of the WvW community.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Wintersday

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Yet people are, and they are using up queue slots to do it. Think about it, you might goto a lower level zone and get yourself a few presents. If you do it in wvw though you can always leech off others hard work, and money spent, and gain that too.

As others have said, add them as rewards for keeping/taking objectives. Remove the pve crap.

Oh, and yes it is a resource node. You guys just kind of lied about not adding it to wvw.

Well, TC hasn’t had any special queue times(except the usual after-reset-all-get-in moment). Also, -jaw drop- at the hard work of opening presents.

Is it really causing that much of a problem?

Not “that much”, but to some extent, yes, it does.

For instance, I am pretty annoyed by the following design faux-pas: In Stonemist Castle, Mysterious Present boxes drop right on the mortars on the top level of the castle. Some kitten player will inevitably click on the boxes to let them explode, which a) sets a number of mobs free in the castle to which distracts the defenders and b) launches the player operating the mortar and, thus, interrupts the defense. In fact, I have been launched to my death twice (SM top floor to courtyard in less than 2 seconds) by those kitten boxes.

I understand that it is well meant to provide WvW players the same access to the festivities as any other player in the game, However, I would really appreciate if the event changes to WvW would be purely cosmetical (decorative snowmen, Wintersday trees, candycane poles, you name it) with no influence to the gameplay mechanic whatsoever. Keep the game mechanic changes in PvE. I am under the impression that this would be also appreciated by the majority of the WvW community.

~MRA

Wouldn’t it be better to just tweak the spawn locations(like, not inside structures or near edges) instead of removing them altogether? Not that I care much about them staying in wvw, i’m not stupid enough to go farm presents there when I have perfectly good pve maps for that….was just wondering…since your issue seems to be with where they are…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Holiday themed sieges are festive enough for WvW. Heck, make all tower/keep lords look like Tokk, or all the guards into toy soldiers.

It’s annoying enough that there’re people asking for mesmer portals inside the JP every 3 minutes using our already busy team chats. Don’t add any more distractions that has nothing to do with anything. If people want to hunt skritt, they do it in PVE, not WvW.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Wintersday

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Oh, and yes it is a resource node. You guys just kind of lied about not adding it to wvw.

Well, technically it isn’t. And I don’t think anybody lied about anything, such accusations are just rude.

Wouldn’t it be better to just tweak the spawn locations(like, not inside structures or near edges) instead of removing them altogether? Not that I care much about them staying in wvw, i’m not stupid enough to go farm presents there when I have perfectly good pve maps for that….was just wondering…since your issue seems to be with where they are…

It would certainly be sufficient to solve that particular problem. However, potential problems can be introduced by any well meant mechanics change, so I would rather like to see ANet just not carelessly introducing any festival mechanic in the first place. For many good reasons they would never dare to introduce festival mechanics into sPvP, and while WvW is of course a PvP/PvE hybrid, I’ve seen many people in WvW taking offense on any “not actually contributing to the battle” mechanic.

It’s annoying enough that there’re people asking for mesmer portals inside the JP every 3 minutes using our already busy team chats. Don’t add any more distractions that has nothing to do with anything. If people want to hunt skritt, they do it in PVE, not WvW.

This, quoted for truth.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

I don’t see what the big deal is. On my server EB rarely, if ever, has a queue. If somebody wants to run around and “farm” presents, more power to them. It’s not like they are taking up a spot that would otherwise go to a contributing pvper.

And I don’t know about the rest of the WvWers, but I rather enjoy the fact that I can still obtain some of the holiday and pve content while doing WvW. WvW is what I enjoy most in the game, and I’d rather be doing that than running around pve zones to collect presents. If I see a present, I run over and grab it. They are like 10 seconds out of the way. They are hardly even worth noting, certainly not intrusive to pvp combat from what I’ve seen.
If anything, I’ve gotten a few kills off players who were fighting the present mobs.
WvW has so many others issues to be complaining about, this is not one of them. If anything, WvW needs MORE rewards that are on par with pve content (look at how much gold you earn in 20 minutes in a dungeon compared with half a day in WvW). We should be appreciative that the devs have added these to WvW, I know I am!
But if they are spawning on top of mortars, that does need fixing. They shouldn’t spawn in structures.