In my view, toy Ventaris are way too powerful

in Wintersday

Posted by: Baku.2389

Baku.2389

I get that they’re not supposed to be super easy, but that I can’t even kill all of them with my Ele is just too … annoying

D:

in Wintersday

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

And I thought it was the equipment when I tried them with my low level thief around level 17 that still had some 7-8 level equip(2-3 parts of the armor) and died a lot. Lol. Need to try with my other classes/ chars some time. Still have a lot to do for the achievement.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

They are vicious and should probably seen another round of tweeking before being let lose on the average solo roaming player.

in Wintersday

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

didn’t really have trouble killing them at all,
still wondering why people say there op

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

They are pretty rough but survivable…biggest issue is they don’t stay grouped like the skritt do. So they ranged bomb you and cast that AoE while you have to usually single target kill them cause they don’t like to stay in AoEs lol. I haven’t died from them but my low level characters have to pop every cooldown to survive.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Demiere.3219

Demiere.3219

I’ve actually enjoyed the challenge of the Toy Ventari mobs. It forces me to think more about my fighting style than most regular mobs do. They are tough, yes, but I would rather have an occasional challenge than fight the same weak skritt mob everytime I open a box. I’ve yet to be killed by the Ventari but have been downed at least once per mob. I generally bring one down to about 5% of its health to serve as my quick rally for when I either screw up dodging their aoe or simply get outmatched by their numbers.

All in all, I think they should stay the same. We could use a little challenge every now and then.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ironfist.2895

Ironfist.2895

Anyone who straight out AOE attacks them gets Retaliated to death pdq, 5 mobs with Protection and Retaliation, I can see why most people find them hard.
I can just about kill them with my Hammer Guardian, but when i can take the 5 skritt + pulling in 3-4 grawl\icebrood fine if they happen to pull, but the ventari it’s 50/50 if i’ll actually manage to kill just the 5 without dying.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The only thing that makes Toy Ventari’s overly difficult is the Retalition. It lasts for an eternity and slaughters you far faster than their actual attacks do unless you’re using only slow, powerful attacks. And god help you if you throw down a multi-hit AoE on a couple of them.

I think they should reduce the Retaliation time to maybe 5 seconds or something (closer to the time their other buffs last). I haven’t actually timed it as it is now, but it seems like its over 15 seconds in duration at this point, and 15 seconds of “don’t attack or you’ll get destroyed” is a bit much, especially since it seems they can reapply it relatively quickly after it finally does go away.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

/second. I had my level 24 Guardian practically solo the Fire Elemental boss (A few people popped in towards the end), and then I ran over to Brisban and was fighting Ventaris, and while I could occasionally take out a pack if I was very lucky, I died about four times to two different packs.

They are pretty rough but survivable…biggest issue is they don’t stay grouped like the skritt do. So they ranged bomb you and cast that AoE while you have to usually single target kill them cause they don’t like to stay in AoEs lol

That’s probably the issue. While you can CC and attack multiple skrit or other large pack enemies, these guys all stay far enough apart that you’re taking fire from all of them at once and can’t really do anything about the ones you aren’t engaging.

The only thing that makes Toy Ventari’s overly difficult is the Retalition. It lasts for an eternity and slaughters you far faster than their actual attacks do unless you’re using only slow, powerful attacks. And god help you if you throw down a multi-hit AoE on a couple of them.

Oooooooh, they have retaliation? I wish I’d known that. They need to do a better job of communicating this information than just icons underneath their name tags (IF you manually target them).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: atomicblue.1306

atomicblue.1306

I think it’s pretty bad when one of them can take down my character and 3 minions.. Something wrong there. I don’t expect it to be easy, but I also don’t expect it to be nearly impossible because you’re only able to take off a small part of their health every time.

in Wintersday

atomicblue.1306

What makes it harder is the toy ventari keep spamming retaliation and it’s impossible to get in a hit

in Wintersday

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

And another thing Ventaris do: They heal.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

Please dont lower their difficulty. Its nice to have tough fights for a change

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

in Wintersday

Posted by: Catamaran Nights.2630

Catamaran Nights.2630

Its not hard to beat them. Just have to use aoe damage on them. I beat them fairly easy on my warrior.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

Yeah, I have zero issues here. Just blow them up.

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

pfffttt ventaris- fear the dolls!

Gunnar’s Hold

in Wintersday

Posted by: jmoak.7821

jmoak.7821

i might just be bad but i get destroyed by these on my mesmer. i just cant win against 10 of those -.-

Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer
Aurora Glade (Fun)

in Wintersday

atomicblue.1306

AoE is the last thing you want to do on the ventari.. If you have 6 of them with retaliation, you have 6x the damage reflected back to you. I sat and watched as a group of them took down a champion. You can’t tell me they aren’t overpowered.

in Wintersday

Posted by: TwinkleToes.8719

TwinkleToes.8719

In Plains of Ashford (1-15 Charr map), you sometimes get lv31 mobs spawning from the presents, no class regardless of how tanky you’re built is going to survive those.