Kicked from BC Tixx w/o looting chest

in Wintersday

Posted by: Black Regent.5897

Black Regent.5897

Just what it says. Finished the Toxx event of the dungeon and was headed for the chest when I got kicked out suddenly w/o getting to loot it. Did get the completion achievement though so the whole thing finished properly, save for the weird pending Toxx event showing that never actually happens.

in Wintersday

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Well, it may not be a glitch and it could be:

A) You’re a —-- and got kicked by members who aren’t against cruel pay-back

B) Your party members were —--s

or C) Everyone else got the the chest first and left the party immediately for something reason, before you even got there, causing you to be ejected.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

I couldn’t even loot the chest when I did it. The whole event thing was bugged, even after re-running the same event that was at The Grove, and then killing Toxx, it started saying that Toxx has gone haywire and we need to kill him. Of course we had, but it meant despite being able to see the chest, I couldn’t loot it. Clicking on it did nothing at all.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wrinn.1802

Wrinn.1802

The kicking was because the player that started the instance left. Case closed.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Which needs to be changed. Several of us were doing smash the town and the leader left so yeah.

You shouldn’t be kicked from a holiday dungeon just because the leader leaves.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Yeah this is stupid. I just lost two green items from the chest because leader decided to disband.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Lol. Post above I lol’d.

I want those greens wtf!!??

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

Yeah this is stupid. I just lost two green items from the chest because leader decided to disband.

Could have been exotics (I dropped 2 with 6 runs)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Laufey.5129

Laufey.5129

Yeah, the leader most likely left the party. I do hope they change that soon, it’s a problem because some people may not be aware of the mechanic and accidentally stop their team from getting the reward or leave because they simply don’t care.

I don’t know how difficult it would be to implement for someone else to become the leader if the leader leaves, but that would be the best solution, I’d say.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ricther.9083

Ricther.9083

Like someone else said i think most of the times the leader is not aware that everyone gets kicked if he or she leaves, since in most games the leader role shifts to another player that are still in the instance.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

You didn’t lose those green items because you didn’t open the chest. Next run through the dungeon, you’d get the items you ‘should’ have got on the previous run.

If you lost anything, you actually lost out on the wintersday packages from the 2nd run through chest. Unless of course you were not planning on running through again.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Wintersday

Leablo.2651

You didn’t lose those green items because you didn’t open the chest. Next run through the dungeon, you’d get the items you ‘should’ have got on the previous run.

If you lost anything, you actually lost out on the wintersday packages from the 2nd run through chest. Unless of course you were not planning on running through again.

I’m so glad you were there to tell me exactly what happened to me.

I opened the chest, inventory got full, 2 items in the Unclaimed Loot window. Leader left in the next instant, I got kicked out, 2 items lost.

I did run the instance again, and yeah I did get the usual gift loot, but still no items.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Leablo, in that case you ‘have’ lost those items You never mentioned that you’d opened the chest and had the green items in the unclaimed loot window. My response was assuming that you’d been booted by the selfish instance owner leaving the party before opening the chest, and thus your daily chest ‘trigger’ was not yet logged by the game

By opening it, you would have triggered whatever code logs whether or not the chest has been opened today. The system had awarded you the items, but you didn’t have the space for them. You’re example is one of the few ways the auto-boot when instance owner leaves the group could actually cause a loss of the daily loot

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Wintersday

Leablo.2651

Lol. Post above I lol’d.

I want those greens wtf!!??

I didn’t even get to look at what they were, just saw two items with green text. They might have been useful for one of my characters, and if not, money is money. Not saying that I lost my retirement plan or anything, but it doesn’t make it any less stupid that you very well could lose something extremely valuable because of this lame mechanic. The chest is dropping exotics.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You missed out on a couple of level 76 greens. No worries, mate.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Wintersday

Posted by: BaergusMaximus.6904

BaergusMaximus.6904

That is the worst, I’m sorry. Hop over to IoJ and run tonight with me, it’ll be a jolly good time

in Wintersday

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

ArenaNet – please fix it so that the leader leaving a dungeon does not cause everyone else to be booted out. Ty!

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in Wintersday

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

Is the chest there after each run or once only? i have only got 1 chest so far.