Launch Time?

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: bkpiazza.2018

bkpiazza.2018

My apologies if this has been asked, I scrolled through and didnt see anything…

do we know what time this will go live on the 14th?

I have a flight and will be leaving my house at 11am EST tomorrow just want to know if i’ll be able to see some wintery goodness beforehand : )

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Allyhoo.7608

Allyhoo.7608

I believe it starts at 1pm EST.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Is there any sort of a reference on that time? An official post or something?

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Talrune.5130

Talrune.5130

Ah I see it starts 10am pst so that would be 12 noon for me not bad. there is a post of the dev answering a question on this page at bottom about it.

(edited by Talrune.5130)

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

It says on the itinerary that it starts at 10am PST/1pm EST

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

2.00 am in Singapore/HongKong (+8 gmt)

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

Do any of you have a source on that? 10 am PST/1pm EST is when each of the events happen beginning Dec 15th, but there’s no time listed for Dec 14th. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

The build should go live sometime tomorrow. The first stop of Tixx’s airship is on December 15 at 10:00 AM PST (7:00 PM CET). The delay is intentional, to prevent any unforeseen complications with getting the build out from messing with the timed content. Don’t forget that even before the airship arrives, there’s plenty of stuff to see and do in Lion’s Arch.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cthulhu.1432

Cthulhu.1432

The build should go live sometime tomorrow. The first stop of Tixx’s airship is on December 15 at 10:00 AM PST (7:00 PM CET). The delay is intentional, to prevent any unforeseen complications with getting the build out from messing with the timed content. Don’t forget that even before the airship arrives, there’s plenty of stuff to see and do in Lion’s Arch.

So, to put it simply – there’s no content that would be added today if i understood right, yep?

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Over here it’s past 9am (GMT+2), so technically some of us are already well into tomorrow across Europe and Asia. Sorry Anthony, but you’re going to have to be a bit more specific than that. XD

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: oneeyedirishman.6835

oneeyedirishman.6835

So, to put it simply – there’s no content that would be added today if i understood right, yep?

That’s not even slightly correct. Did you even read the answer? There will be things to see and do in Lion’s Arch. New jumping puzzles, pvp games (snowball fights), and other activities, as well as new decorations and store items. The airship event begins on the 15th, and it will add content and visit a new city every day till it reaches Lion’s Arch.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cetra.4673

Cetra.4673

is the event/newbuild going live in 25mins more?

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

Thanks for the update. I can’t wait!

Howdy (.)

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cthulhu.1432

Cthulhu.1432

That’s not even slightly correct. Did you even read the answer? There will be things to see and do in Lion’s Arch. New jumping puzzles, pvp games (snowball fights), and other activities, as well as new decorations and store items. The airship event begins on the 15th, and it will add content and visit a new city every day till it reaches Lion’s Arch.

Well sorry i’m not as epic as You, my english ain’t too good to understand that, that’s why i asked explanation in simplier words. Thanks for Your answer tho, merry christmas :]

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

oneeyedirishman.6835

[/quote]

Well sorry i’m not as epic as You, my english ain’t too good to understand that, that’s why i asked explanation in simplier words. Thanks for Your answer tho, merry christmas :][/quote]

Don’t worry. It’s hard to be as epic as me. Sorry, didn’t mean to come off as rude. It’s late and I’m tired. But yes! There should be a full schedule of events on the site’s Wintersday page, if you want more details. It tells you all about the activities and dates/times, etc.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: StreaMRoLLeR.9135

StreaMRoLLeR.9135

so today we got something right ?

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vorpal Smilodon.3025

Vorpal Smilodon.3025

Aww man, so I stayed up for nothing? Please be more clear with when updates are going to be going live Arenanet, you said in several places it would be going live on the 14th so I assumed it would be at some version (EST, PST, servertime, whatever) of midnight. (Yes, my fault for assuming I know)

(edited by Vorpal Smilodon.3025)

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

oneeyedirishman.6835

Aww man, so I stayed up for nothing? Please be more clear with when updates are going to be going live Arenanet, you said in several places it would be going live on the 14th so I assumed it would be at some version (EST, PST, servertime, whatever) of midnight. (Yes, my fault for assuming I know)

Actually, they did specify 10AM PST, 1PM EST, etc. on the 14th, but they also request a bit of wiggle room. These things aren’t always an exact science. They’ll release the patch when it’s ready, and when they can assure everyone quality content.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The 14th is nearly over over here. ^^
Would be nice, if we had some info on patch downtime about a day ahead…

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

They actually did? I only read that “The build should go live sometime tomorrow.” statement several times. Well, just check the forums – I guess the patchnotes will be online by the time the patch is rolled out.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Azjenco.9425

These things aren’t always an exact science. They’ll release the patch when it’s ready, and when they can assure everyone quality content.

Well, shouldn’t everything be ready like a day before? If they push everything to the last minute, then you’re bound to run into major issues. While if you get it up to speed earlier, then there’s a lot more room for a quality update.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Avatara.1042

So the build goes live sometime on the 14th (U.S time), while the airship starts at 10 am PST, on the 15th.

You REALLY should not say ‘tomorrow’ when talking about time on an international forum. Actually, I think it was the 14th on the east coast of the US as well when you said tomorrow…

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Don’t you understand when ANet says 14, it’s because it’s going to be 15?

The times are crazy but do what. A counter would do miracles in the site (like the headstart one).

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Hey Anthony, just a quick question on your reply I was hoping you would be able to answer.

Especially that last part “Don’t forget that even before the airship arrives, there’s plenty of stuff to see and do in Lion’s Arch.” I might be mistaken and it may already be out there, my apologies if it is, but is there a time of when this will happen? Like everything turning snowy and stuff.

Sithaco.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Iruwen.3164

When the update is rolled out? They’ve given a pretty detailed overview of what’s coming now and people are still not satisfied…

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sindarin.1095

Sindarin.1095

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

Can someone explain it to me it more simple. In in the UK. I don’t understand all the time differences. Thank you

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Iruwen.3164

Just so people aren’t confused: that’s for the first arrival of the airship on saturday, not when the patch is rolled out or the general wintersday events start.

Can someone explain it to me it more simple. In in the UK. I don’t understand all the time differences. Thank you

5pm

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

thats when tixx makes his first appearance, which will be in the grove on the 15th. the op is asking when the patch will roll out on the 14th which Anet hasn’t stated.

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Waveon.5431

Waveon.5431

I think you’re the one who should read. That article says that Tixx’s stops are at 10:00 AM PST, with the first one being on December 15th. However, it doesn’t say at what time the Wintersday event itself starts, which is today, December 14th.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Asheroth.1759

Asheroth.1759

Whats the actual launch time for Europe?

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

Thank you iruwen

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pandem.7283

Pandem.7283

Whats the actual launch time for Europe?

As has been shown in this thread, no one knows. While there’s a lot of assumption for 10AM PST (6PM GMT / 7PM CET), there’s no announcement saying that.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

They did say the 14th, so it will have to be some time then.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Noskillz.1067

Noskillz.1067

They said it will go live on the 14 DEC, and on 15 DEC the Events will start. i guess then it will be sometime today (since its 14 in europe already :P )

Exept ofc is something has changed….

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Azjenco.9425

If you look next to the release date of the actual game update itself marked for the 14th, you’d notice there isn’t an exact time, unlike the other dates that all have an exact time. So no, it’s pretty grey if you ask me.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Pandem.7283

Sithaco/Noskillz – We know what day the patch will go live, but that’s not the subject of this thread, nor the question that is being asked. The question is what time will the event/patch launch today? That has not been announced or answered.

Mr Quinn – It states that each daily event will occur at 10AM PST (6PM GMT / 7PM CET). It however does not state when the event and festivities will be introduced today (the patch, decorations, jumping puzzle, snowball arena, etc). So while we know the day, we do not know when.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Guys… They wont tell us, they haven’t told us before and they wont tell us now… Sometimes today is the best we can do… Based off other patches “sometimes after lunch eastern” is our best estimate…

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Skychok.7854

Skychok.7854

When the update is rolled out? They’ve given a pretty detailed overview of what’s coming now and people are still not satisfied…

I don’t think you understand the concept of this thread, lol.

The build goes life today, but we don’t know when. I’m sure Lions Arch will be updated too, so we can partake in festivities.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Iruwen.3164

I don’t think you understand the concept of this thread, lol.

The build goes life today, but we don’t know when. I’m sure Lions Arch will be updated too, so we can partake in festivities.

Read my other posts, I do understand well. They just can’t tell us an exact timeframe if they don’t know it themselves, it’s done when it’s done.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

Patch! not Event! goes live today on the 14th not tomorrow ( I hope in 2Hours )

The Main Event goes live tomorrow

(edited by Hadrians.4567)

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

gonna see hobbit now and hopefully when i get back it will be live.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Paniol.3049

Paniol.3049

so……..14 or 15 …… -_-?
All my guild is waiting and nobody know if we are wasting time or what….. please show me some love…

Attachments:

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

15 server time, 16 for asia , i can log on my 16th and be in time, it’s not a one time only event again

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Pandem.7283

so……..14 or 15 …… -_-?
All my guild is waiting and nobody know if we are wasting time or what….. please show me some love…

The patch will be released today, this will include the decorations, jumping puzzle, snowball arena, bell choir, plus misc stuff, etc. There is no official/announced time for when this is going to be rolled out, but it will be today.

The first event however, will begin on the 15th at 10AM PST.

Until a time gets announced (which is looking unlikely) there’s little point in waiting, since it could be anytime today. That includes something like 11:59PM PST.

(edited by Pandem.7283)

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Thank you Pandem

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Would be nice to get a specific time soon, a bit afraid that if I join e.g. a dungeon run now I might get kicked midway because of the patch. So a heads up of more than a few mins or so this time would be nice. Really looking forward to the patch!

EDIT: Just heard that in dungeons the countdown is always increased to 3 hours instead of 3 mins so this isn’t really a problem then. Still I would really like to know :P

(edited by Wesley.4590)

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Catinka.5476

Catinka.5476

They should make a count down timer on the wintersday page or any future event for that matter. Like 10 hours till winters day event starts or something. Would make this a lot easier.

Launch Time?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rainfall.4017

Rainfall.4017

Once again a total lack of respect for the playerbase. People want to prepare to log on. Guilds want to prepare. EU people do no want to wait all night. Disgusting treatment. We need a time. If it’s the same 12:00 pst fine, but tell us that.

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.