Little tips to wintersday jp

in Wintersday

Posted by: kangaroo.8753

kangaroo.8753

I am ava and i had my home in far shiverpeaks eu. I always had problem on jp, always. I always maledicting me for not be able to complete it. Especially the clocktower, which i put 6 hours (yeah, 6) of work and i havn’t been able to get to to the end. I was frustrated, i managed to get all in this game, but not this. I wrote this just to let you know how bad i am. Then yesterday, i decide to do the wintersday. Armed with patience, i begin. Once, twice, thrice…until from evening it comes morning. I put 9 hours of my life on this and i cannot been able to get to present. I feel little and dumb. I found a group of people with me, one was a sylvari who has an incredible skill, everytime she begin she got to the end. And another guy a human, was like me but passing time e managed to get it, step by step. They encourage me and give me strength, but at 6am in the morning i quit and go to sleep. I love jp, programmers have done the greatest of work, i have till now the wallpaper of the clocktower on my desktop. Problem is mine, i have no such skill. BUT, i am aries, i am sturdy. In morning i decided to try, again with my asura and again i fail. Till someone, talking in chat, said" try to lower resolution on screen, it helps!". Then, i put all the specs of game to minimum, change to lowest resolution, disable tap to evade, and get the sensitivity of the mouse to maximum. MY WORLD HAS OPEN. I understand that many of my fail was due to the little impercettible lag that happen when i jump, to the point that before, i was getting only to the snowflakes, when i put changes, i come to present and to snowball. all get fluid, i can change visual in a sec, and run faster than ever. MAYBE I DISCOVER HOT WATER, maybe you all just know, but i want to write it so anyone like me who lose 12 hours of sleep and didn’t know can somehow manage. SO, i put kind of blue of miles davis on stereo, leave open mind and then, in 5 try i get it. You cannot understand my joy. THANK YOU ANET, this jp is beautiful,aestetically and practically, you did well also to make 3 paths, so one can use and put much effort on the one he find most confortable in, and people don’t ammass themselfs on the beginning like in the tower. Thank for make it difficult but not as the tower, so it’s challenging but possible for everibody (BELIEVE ME, IF I HAVE MADE IT ALL OF YOU CAN!!!)…and thanks also for let us see others when they do it, so we can understand what to do even in wait. Great work. Stop compleain about jp or programmers like i see in other post, i never did, even after 9 hours of my sleep lost. Fault was mine and of my pc, who not support high resolution completely. Use the hint i use, free mind, low resolution to minimum, listen to your favourite music, disable tap to evade, put sensitivity of mouse at max and keep try, you get it!!!

Ps: i never use mouse sensitivity, nor mouse. I made every jp in game only with asdw and space, i didn’t think that mouse help you it distract you from jump. BUT IS MY AND ONLY MY attitude you don’t have to if you find confortable with mouse looking.

(edited by kangaroo.8753)

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

And sorry for grammar error but i’m not english and i am writing from a cellphone

in Wintersday

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

TL;DR: turning your settings to low and mouse sensitivity up will help with jumping puzzles. I went through a similar thing with the clock tower. I ha always played gw2 on my laptop and didn’t really understand how frame rates worked (I thought lower was better, woo hoo I’m at 10fps!). I tried to do the clock tower for hours. When I finally decided to play on my moms computer for a change (which is spec’d for gaming) i got it after a few more tries. If you’re running under 20fps it will really make these puzzles (not just timed, but all of them) significantly harder.
Anyways, congrats

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

Ty so much! It repays my lost sleep ehehehe

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

Thank to all the thousand people i found in the waiting room, they all be kind to me and help me, smiling on each other disaster on te jp. It was extremely fun^^ that’s the sense of gaming, have fun and smile^^

in Wintersday

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’m glad you ended up completing it! and your cheery and grateful attitude is refreshing. strange how hard it is to come by lately. so keep it up! and keep loving the game. : )))

now go get some sleep!!! XDDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

Sure, as soon as i get out of work haahahahhahaahha

in Wintersday

Posted by: KeikoTerada.1963

KeikoTerada.1963

Ps: i never use mouse sensitivity, nor mouse. I made every jp in game only with asdw and space

You did it without using the mouse?!
That’s so hardcore. You should get an extra achievement for that!

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

Yeah, i can’t use it it’s unconfortable for me…and i try, believe me i try xd

in Wintersday

Posted by: Daltonymous.7259

Daltonymous.7259

This post brought a genuine smile to my face, especially the “I Discovered hot water” part.

Thank you OP! and I’m glad it all worked out for you!

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

Ty again to you all to be part of this great game^^

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wukis.8350

Wukis.8350

this is pathetic. clocktower was hard – but i did it in like ~15 tries. this puzzle – i made it the second time. very easy, i don’t get it what is your problem. you can’t demand content to be “very easy” – other players would start complaining about conent being too easy. i believe that clock tower and now this wintersday jumping puzzles are just fine and fun the way those are. no need for any change, just lower your graphics and arm with patience.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ashend.3269

Ashend.3269

I saw people finishing the jumping puzzle in 2 tries while you took hours to do it.
Said people merely said “Done, what’s next?” while you’re here all happy sharing with us how good it feels to finally be able to complete it.
So even though those people had arguably more skill in jumping puzzles (and I’d like to see them try to do it without the mouse…that’s awesome by the way!) I definitely think you got the biggest slice out of that cake so great job and I hope you can keep enjoying the game like you are now for a very long time!

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

I DON’T WANT THEM TO BE EASY!! I like them as they are, as i wrote in post. YOU HAD JUST READ IT BEFORE COMMENT? Aniway, i use wasd because i don’t feel using mouse, what’s the problem for you?

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

Then again i low graphics because in normal way my pc put lag on jump, not all of you should do it, that’s my case and if your pc is a great pc, well for you. I write it because some other people must have this issue. Like it or not, no problem for me.

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

Lol i only realize now i choose kangaroo as nick and then i have this problem to jp….EPIC FAIL hahahhah i edited title of post, to make it more understandable.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hayaska.2049

Hayaska.2049

I salute to your patience and gamer heart…
You completed the puzzle despite your computer hardware and physiological limits…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

TL;DR: turning your settings to low and mouse sensitivity up will help with jumping puzzles.

You can also set it to run in windowed mode.

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

i did that too…with all the other things lol my game seems super mario bros 1 then xd but no prob, if it help me to get it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I guess I’m horrible then. I always play on low sensitivity. And I discourage window mode. With all the mouse movement, you just might delete your files on your desktop :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Congrats OP that was awesome! I suck at jumping, I even have trouble doing vistas :P
it is not my pc’s vaut, just my incredible lack of skill.
Nice to read your post and that you made it in the end

Gunnar’s Hold

in Wintersday

kangaroo.8753

one can do as it please, if someone get it with all at right place, i envy him and i’m happy for him^^ i don’t give all fault to my pc, i suck too to jp, just my pc help me a bit to suck xd this was intended just for people like me that had problem, just to let em know that a part of it can be grafics that slow you or can cause you lag…Instead of lose an achievement and frustrate and complain, try this first…At least you can be as anyone who run at full graphics and has the same chances…that’s the sense of my post.