Maybe add Glue / Stuffing to Vendors?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

I noticed that a day or 2 after Trixx came to LA, that all 5 toy frames were added to the Wintersday Vendors for 250 hats/socks/sweaters. I don’t know if this was planned from the beginning before Wintersday started or if it was because there was a small outcry of people who used their frames in making the mini, only to find out that they could of tried for the endless tonic instead.

I personally have been saving everything wintersday related because i had a feeling stuff like this was going to be added over time. With the appearance of frames, i was hoping that near the end of the event, stuffing, glue and maybe even mystical cogs would be added to the vendors.

i’ve personally opened 12 stacks of giant presents and only got 1 drop of “25 stuffing”. why is glue and stuffing so rare?? even when you use frames, glue, and stuffing to make an endless tonic, you are not guaranteed to get the endless tonic, so you have to try again. i’ve read so many posts about people trying 20-70+ times to get one endless tonic.

there’s still 4 days left to the event, so there is still hope. it wouldn’t hurt to add glue/stuffing to the vendors as a 1:1 , 1:2, or even 1:3 ratio

example: 1 stuffing per 1 sweater / 1 stuffing per 2 sweaters / etc

maybe do the same with mystical cogs too? i’m more concerned with glue and stuff though. Just an idea Anet.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

Based on their interview I’d say it was intended from the beginning. Doubt they’d do anything with cogs since commerce team would prefer if you bought the ones you couldn’t make as a small sign of support for the company. I also don’t see them doing anything with stuffing or glue since it doubles as a temporary gold sink.

I wouldn’t complain if they actually did anything, but it probably won’t happen considering the time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

“buying” the mini pets in the gem store doesn’t show support for the company, since you can farm in game gold and transfer it into gems, which is what i do.

and i agree that the glue and stuffing are a gold sink, but if Anet would let us trade socks for stuffing/glue, it would be a HUGE gold sink.

ok, check it out… scenario 1:

Joe goes and sells his stack of stuffing on the TP. Its currently worth 80c per right now, so joe’s 250 stuffing is worth 2g and he had to pay 30 silver to list it. that 30 silver is gone, into Anets pocket. thats 30 silver gone into the “gold sink”. Someone buys the stack for 2g, and that 2g transfers from one person to the other.

Each sweater is worth 26c to a normal vendor, making a stack of sweaters worth 65 silver. i have 13 stacks of sweaters, worth 8.45g. lets say i sell all the sweaters to a vendor and Anet gives me 8.45g and i turn around and spend 8g in the TP buying glue and stuffing (lets say glue is 2g a stack also), Anet takes their 15% as their “gold sink”, which is 1.2g .

scenario 2:

Anet lets me trade 3 sweaters for 1 wad of stuffing or 1 drop of glue. (3 sweaters = 78c.. which is close to 80c which is what stuffing and glue is currently worth). I would gladly trade 6 stacks of sweaters in exchange for 2 stacks of stuffing and 6 more stacks of sweaters for 2 stacks of glue. the 2 stacks of glue and stuffing give me only 10 attempts at gambling for an endless tonic. and from what i read online, lots of people are going 20 to 70+ attempts just to get 1 endless tonic before they get it. Now, if i gamble those 10 times and lose, Anet just took me for 8 gold. it didnt get transfered to another player via the TP where Anet only got a 15% cut, they just took all 8g and put it into their “gold sink”.

scenario 1 gets Anet 15% of 8g when all items are transfered

scenario 2 gets Anet all 8g, if i fail my 10 attempts, and there’s a good chance i could.

even if i traded 12 stacks of sweaters for stuffing and glue and didnt gamble it, and instead put it on the TP to sell, Anet still gets their cut.

personally, i think allowing us to trade for stuffing and glue would be in Anets interest if they want to take more gold out of circulation. Its win/win for them and would make alot of people happy.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

Yeah I can see it. Unfortunately based on the other forum section (with some argument about how ArenaNet isn’t transparent enough) it seems the people who would be able to implement this change if they wanted to are on vacation.

Also the buying thing was their comment from the interview. They know people can convert gold to gems but they would have liked it if you would open your wallet a little for the holidays.