Minipet Lottery

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

I understand the need to make money off of gem purchases and, by having something that is locked away within a “lottery box” so to speak, I know that you guys must be raking it in with the money people are spending just to try getting 6 of the mini pets (3 to keep and 3 to put in the Mystic Forge).

That said, I implore you to please reconsider putting them back into their own separate item and just mark up the price. I’d be more than willing to pay double or even triple what I spent in gems on the mini pets as long as I didn’t have to cross my fingers and pray I ended up getting the pets.

I’m glad you guys went this route with the weapon skins, but please don’t make us OCD pet collectors struggle to resist the temptation to try one. more. time.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

We were just discussing this is another thread and the general consensus seemed to be that the best two options would be to:
A. Make mini pets in a chest with a high gem price and account bound
B. Make mini pets in a lottery style chest, craft-able in the mystic forge and tradable

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I vote for A. The halloween event did it perfectly. Buy once for the set, then again for the rare.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

Nah, I got really lucky and got them for pretty cheap. I love this way!

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

The main argument agains a was that it was a “give everyone everything” type situation. I personally prefer option b because it gives me the opportunity to gamble a little and then if I fail save up to buy the mini I want with gold. It is exciting and also makes you feel that you’ve worked for your prize.

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Chaotic.9715

Chaotic.9715

I vote for A. The halloween event did it perfectly. Buy once for the set, then again for the rare.

Agreed 110%

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

The main argument agains a was that it was a “give everyone everything” type situation. I personally prefer option b because it gives me the opportunity to gamble a little and then if I fail save up to buy the mini I want with gold. It is exciting and also makes you feel that you’ve worked for your prize.

If the mini wasnt account bound… maybe yes dude. Now its just a gamble with real money for pixel’s model with a ridiculous low drop rate.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

I would like also to know of this is an error or was it intended to be this way. Because it definitely made for only very rich players or very lucky out of greediness. Seems unfair to me and to many other specially who are minis collectors such as my self.

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Akiru.8065

Akiru.8065

as we said in the other post, halloween is the way to go.
Minipets should be in the “minis” section of the gem store, available for anyone who wants it, without having to play to this annoying lottery.

Minipet Lottery

in Wintersday

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

Yeah, I didn’t mind forking out money twice for the mini-pets during the Halloween event, at least it was 10$ well spent. I converted 30 gold of my savings into gems today and I have next to nothing to show for it. It’s a Christmas event, why do so many people need to walk away dissapointed? Either way, I’m not dishing out anymore money for those chests, if however a mini-pet trio showed up on the gem store again I’d gladly pay for it, twice even.