Minipets

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

Well I was planning on buying gems for the event, specifically for the minipets because I was under the impression that it was going to be like Halloween. However, now I am not, for the simple fact of; I don’t think it’s ok to gamble for something account bound. Not fun, not fair…..

You guys have made the perma-bankers and what have you non account bound, I would assume you’ve learnt that people are getting lots of these and destroying them. Same thing is going to happen with the people that are buying the chests to get these minis. Some are going to be very lucky and have a surplus that’s just going to be destroyed because they’re account bound.

I, personally, would rather have these minis tradeable at high cost then not have a chance whatsoever after opening chests. In this way it gives me something to work toward. From what I’ve seen of the Lost Shores minis, their prices are high, but not unmanageable. Or if you must make them account bound, make it so you’re able to buy them right out of the gem store, requiring the double purchase in order to get the baby quaggan.

I hope you reconsider how these minis are being handled.

Sincerely, a fan that would like to throw money at the screen….

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

(edited by NightShadow.1429)

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

+1. i fully agree with op’s sentiments.

also if it was anets goal was to drain money from the economy wouldnt multiple medium trading post taxes be better than the very few and rare occurences of permanent item sales tax?

make the pets tradeable and its win win for the economy, no?

(edited by MyGWAccount.7325)

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Well the three minis in question are only masterwork rarity not like the exotic mess they did last event.

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

I would like to have the minis be trade-able as well.

For some reason I was lucky and got 8 from the 30 mystery chests i bought. Even after making the quaggan I have two extra snowmen I can’t use and would like to give them away.

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: WingsofAsgard.9201

WingsofAsgard.9201

Seriously anything account bound only should be outright purchasable through the gem store, especially when it comes to holiday mini pets. I love these things and want them all, but seriously make them purchasable like Halloween Mini Pets. I’m not kidding do it ArenaNet. The community will love you for it and buy the mini package to get them. You stand to make more money.

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, I’m bummed they’re account-bound and lottery-based. I want the lightbulb golem and have 1200 gems saved up that I’d gladly spend some of if I could get it guaranteed (or I’d gladly just buy it with gold from the TP eventually), but I’m not willing to risk wasting those gems and not get anything worthwhile.

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

+1 for requesting the minis be tradable and not account bound.

The Lost Shores minis and all Halloween and Lost Shores skins were purchasable on the trading post despite initially being RNG from gem store chests. As far as I can think of, the Mystery Wintersday box minis are the ONLY items in the game (excluding possibly tonics) that must be gambled for with gems and cannot be purchased through alternative means.

Seeing as the event has just started and it’s not clear whether there will be more chances at the minis in the Tixx airship rewards, I personally plan to withhold judgment for a few days. However, I would like to note that I too am a little disappointed at the current state of the mystery box minipet acquisition process.

Furthermore, I firmly believe the developers care about their customers and are not out to nickel and dime them. As just a sampling of things I think the developers are doing very right and deserve credit for, look at the completely free content in the monthly patches and the fact that they added more collectible slots to reduce clutter in our bank space/inventory. They have progressively made weapon skins more available with each event and also separated out holiday content RNG from black lion chest RNG, plus clarified the rates at which items drop from these chests. They even made the wizard hat available after concerns were raised about the new Digital Deluxe edition.

Removing the account bound nature of these new minis seems to have only advantages. I do not claim this to be fact, but I would speculate losses in gem store revenue would at least be partially made up by the gold sink these minis would create. Additionally, it would generate goodwill amongst the portion of the player base that cares about minis. It also provides more options to players stuck with many duplicates as well as those who are unlucky.

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: LadyWolfsong.3208

LadyWolfsong.3208

I posted in the suggestion forum, but I’ll post here too. Yes!! Please make these minis where you can trade them (or at least make them a mini pack like Halloween). I can’t afford to buy enough gems to buy a bunch of gifts in the hopes of getting the minis. Please spread some Wintersday cheer and alter the Winterday mini setup.

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

I completely agree. I 100% prefer being able to buy the minis outright like at Halloween, in which case, I’m okay with them being account bound. The pack of spooky minis was the first thing I snagged from the gemstore when the event went live. But if the minis are random in the boxes, please at least make them tradeable like the Lost Shores pets so we can buy them from the TP later! As it stands, mini collectors can kiss their chance at a complete set goodbye, and all the players who would pay good money for a mini quaggan will probably not feel motivated to spend money on chests.

So close and yet so far. I love that we can buy the weapon skins, and I really applaud Anet for listening to players’ concerns in so many respects to make Wintersday really great. But this one thing needs to change.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Minipets

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lukas.9650

Lukas.9650

I happily bought the halloween minis, and I even bought a second set for the chainsaw skeleton, and I’d gladly buy the wintersday minis if they were there, but I wont gamble my christmas money on a RNG! I also agree with the fact that everything that is RNG related should not be bound, since people should be able to sell their surplus, and people with no money to gamble should be able to buy that surplus!

Bottomline: I’ll keep my money till january and invest it in Dragonborn! :P