Mystery Wintersday Box Not Dropping?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Sourced meat: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post998477

patch notes

Rare mystery Wintersday boxes will have a chance to drop throughout the world. They will also be available in the consumable category of the Gem Store. They will contain gifts available in-game, plus a random item only available in the store.
Boxes will contain one to five gifts, plus one of the following:

Common: a Wintersday dye pack, a gingerbread snowball mortar, or one of three unique Wintersday transformation tonics.
Uncommon: One of three new festive miniatures; a snowman, a festive golem, or the toymaker’s Infinirarium.
Rare: The festive fur cap, and a claim ticket for your choice of winter wooden weapons.
Very Rare: Infinite self-style hair kit or unique Wintersday baby quaggan miniature.

The Wintersday baby quaggan miniature can also be crafted in the Mystic Forge by using any combination of miniature snowmen, infinirarium, or festive golems, and 50 enchanted stuffing (available in-game). The “mystery Wintersday box” is available in consumables for 100 gems each, or 10 for 800 gems.
The Black Lion Chest has also been updated. Check the items section of this update for more information. More items and sales will become available over the course of the Wintersday festivities, so be sure to keep an eye on the Gem Store.
~Evon Gnashblade

This is what the notes said for how the Rare Mystery Wintersday Box is/was supposed to drop in the real gameworld instead of just being cashshop item. However, it doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ve yet to see a single one drop, and not one of my guild members have seen one drop either. I’ve asked around Lion’s Arch and nobody else seems to gotten a dropped one as well.

So, the question to the playerbased forum goers: Have you obtained a Rare Mystery Wintersday Box from a drop (not from paying 100gems for it)?

P.S. When is the last time ANYONE has seen a dropped Blacklion Key? No, not one obtained through a map completion or story completion, I’m talking an actual drop.

in Wintersday

Posted by: xPyrowolfx.6023

xPyrowolfx.6023

I’ve had about 4 keys drop in the past month

in Wintersday

Posted by: JackCast.9387

JackCast.9387

Good thing we don’t play the game for the drops huh? Never anything special to me, folks have given me better stuff than I have ever gotten myself. Keys, winter mystery, lmfao. Defeat a set of Dolls and get an old sock, wha…. wha is this crap. Oh you can turn it in for more crap, oh!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

Nope. So far people think we’re talking about the giant map boxes that are inconveniently named “mystery” as well, or the normal giant/small/etc boxes that drop.

Nobody in my 450-some guild has seen anything :/

Black lion key:
I’ve had probably 3ish drop for me in the past two months.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

B4 the patch I get small, med, lg, or giant gifts every time I open a box w/ my lvl 80 toon.
Since then i either get nothing or just giant gifts.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tenbo Meiholikh.2038

Tenbo Meiholikh.2038

No mystery boxes from me or anyone I’ve talked to. Apparently they are so mysterious that we cannot see them when they drop and thus, cannot pick them up.

On the other side, I haven’t had a black lion key drop since Halloween. You know the drop rate is low when someone gets one at Jormag and announces with shocked disbelief that ANet apparently really are still dropping them.

in Wintersday

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

Me and my 500 player guild haven’t seen any. SUPER RARE :O

in Wintersday

Posted by: Arcarius.6148

Arcarius.6148

No one in any of my guilds (2 of which are full) have seen one. Ive also never had a bl key drop in nearly 1000 hours of play. Guess im on an unlucky account. I also seem to have DR on me for the last month or so.
Remember when rares used to drop from enemies? The only way i get rares these days is to craft them with all the bones i get.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Never seen one drop nor anyone I know have either, the only special case is someone in this forum whom I’ve seen claiming they had picked up said boxes, but that was before the last 1-2 patches so…things might have changed

in Wintersday

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I really wish they would do something about this, its a holiday. It makes sense for everyone to be able to see at least one of those drop. Its not like every box gives a super rare item either.

We shall see if they have a higher rate in toypocolypse or something.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

“Rare mystery Wintersday boxes”

They can’t be talking about the ones that are already there sitting on the ground, because those are definitely not “rare”. There are tons of them. Everywhere.

I like how it says you can “also find them in the BLTC” as if implying that you should find quite a few in the real world, but can grab them from the BLTC if you really need one.

Instead it’s more like “they are in the BLTC and if the stars all align just right, you can find one, but only if you promise to tell nobody. NOBODY!”

In all seriousness though, perhaps these will only start dropping after Toypocolypse. Makes sense. The toys go crazy and start throwing presents overboard.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

never seen one of these drop so far.

as far as keys go, i’ve had 1 (in words: “one”) drop for me since launch (i’ve been playing at least 2 hours a day, usually more like 6). though i did get a few (4 or 5, maybe?) from personal story step rewards and daily rewards.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The keys are way too rare. I don’t recall ever having gotten one as a drop since launch, although I’ve gotten a few for map completion and of course the story completion ones. I think between all my characters I’ve had a total of maybe 15 keys since launch, and 90 or so chests. Not a good ratio.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

I had 1 key drop. That is it. And that was in arah.
Well if u count the mad king chest, two.

in Wintersday

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

I bought 4 of those, but never found one as a drop and don’t think my guild of 400 people and another of about 250 has seen one either.

in Wintersday

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

No mystery boxes dropped, nor did I ever see a BL key on neither of my characters, but I know a bunch of people who were lucky enough to drop a few.

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Never seen one of these elusive boxes drop and never heard anyone else did either.

in Wintersday

Ohoni.6057

Seriously guys, they drop CONSTANTLY. I was in Brisban Wildlands tonight and had to have opened at least a dozen of the things. Just look for little peppermint icons on your maps. I ended the night with around 6 small boxes and 20-something medium ones.

done by now.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

Seriously guys, they drop CONSTANTLY. I was in Brisban Wildlands tonight and had to have opened at least a dozen of the things. Just look for little peppermint icons on your maps. I ended the night with around 6 small boxes and 20-something medium ones.

Those are Wintersday gifts, not mystery boxes.

in Wintersday

Ohoni.6057

No, those are Mystery Boxes, not Wintersday Gifts. Click on them before unwrapping them, they say “Mystery Box” in the target indicator. Wintersday Gifs are the rewards for opening the Mystery Boxes.

done by now.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Nope didn’t get 1 drop yet, the boxes that is and the key…I think it was from the mad king chest from last event, in total I maybe got 4-5 keys during playtime

in Wintersday

Posted by: kys.9215

kys.9215

No, those are Mystery Boxes, not Wintersday Gifts. Click on them before unwrapping them, they say “Mystery Box” in the target indicator. Wintersday Gifs are the rewards for opening the Mystery Boxes.

“Rare mystery Wintersday boxes will have a chance to drop throughout the world. They will also be available in the consumable category of the Gem Store. "

1. “have a chance to drop” is very different from being already spawned on the map that the boxes you’re talking about are.

2. quote says the very same boxes will also be available in the gem store. Are small/large/giant wintersday gifts available in the consumable section of the gem store?

in Wintersday

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Oh, I’m sure they drop – probably have a .000001% chance to drop just like the Black Lion Keys, so maybe 100 will drop for the entire playerbase over the course of Wintersday. Technically, they drop (so Anet is clear of false advertising)…though most likely none of use will ever see one.