New staff skins as rewards?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dog kind.7314

Dog kind.7314

Just wanted to know if anet will be bringing in some new staff skins since staffs kinda seem neglected at this point. XD

Appreciate any helpful answers.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’d figure there is a chance you’ll see candy cane skins for staves, spears and/or scepters.

I don’t know if that is helpful even if it does happen. I’m not big on lugging a candy cane around on any of my characters.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

Of course I don’t mind if they add anything, be it staff, sword or whatever.

But saying that “staff seems neglected” is pretty odd, considering that during the Halloween event only two unique full weapons with halloween skins dropped – Arachnophobia (a bow) and The crossing which was a staff…..

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Of course I don’t mind if they add anything, be it staff, sword or whatever.

But saying that “staff seems neglected” is pretty odd, considering that during the Halloween event only two unique full weapons with halloween skins dropped – Arachnophobia (a bow) and The crossing which was a staff…..

I was thinking the same thing. (The Crossing was awesome)

Until I looked at the available staff skins and cringed at the awfulness when compared to say, swords? I’m just glad I’m not a caster cuz I would do all I could to avoid staves…dey ugly!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

There is couple really nice staff skins, but most of them are bleh :<

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

I was thinking the same thing. (The Crossing was awesome)

Until I looked at the available staff skins and cringed at the awfulness when compared to say, swords? I’m just glad I’m not a caster cuz I would do all I could to avoid staves…dey ugly!

The Crossing, of course some people liked it, however a lot, such as myself, did not.

There are various staff skins like other weapons, however the staff skins I believe have a lackluster appearance compared to others.

I’d love for an option to swap scepter heads with staff heads. I’d totally get a Destroyer Staff if it had the head of the destroyer scepter.

Also, various weapons get cool effects and appearances such as
Foefire’s Essence (greatsword)
Jormag’s Breath (sword)
Firebringer (sword)
Eye of Rodgort (scepter)
Mjolnir (hammer)
Volcanus (greatsword)
Whisperblade (sword)
Infinite Light (sword)
Vision of the Mists (greatsword)
Reaver of the Mists (axe)
Wall of the Mists (shield)
Ilya (pistol)
Abyssal Scepter (scepter)
Spirit Links (focus)
The Anomaly (focus)
Immobulus (scepter)
Coldsnap (scepter)
Azureflame (longbow)

Where’s the Staff love? We have the Modniir Staff with a nice red glow, but the staff itself is hideous.

Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.
– Marquis de Sade

(edited by Kymaera Stormweaver.1069)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scythe_Staff_Skin

Also Halloween?

Unless you don’t count skins.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There are 2 event staff skins (Scythe and The Crossing). Thats only beaten by Shields, which have 3 event skins, and tied by Swords. I don’t see how staffs can be considered neglected when items like Maces, Hammers, and Warhorns don’t have ANY event skins at all and most don’t have more than 1.

But I’m personally hoping for at least one skin for every type of item for Wintersday.

in Wintersday

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Quite a few weapons got skins at halloween…guns, greatswords, daggers, shields, more shields, bows and so on. Staff got two “skins”, but i have only ever seen one person using either, as opposed to the shields and greatsword that i see quite a bit of.

Frankly, staff skins suck. Also, staff abilities tend to suck as well (ele tends to be D/D these days, necro staff is lolworthy and mesmers tend to go greatsword for range).

A candy cane staff would be super special awesome for my asura (i am one of those die hard ele’s who actually uses a staff and does a lot of WvW where its useful). If i am going to play a class/ weapon combo that sucks, i want to taste mint when i suck it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

Hey, the Crossing was awesome. It’s what I use. Maybe you see less of them because they cost 50 gold to buy and 100+ to craft. The shield was going for for ~15g last I checked.

I think there should be a candy cane staff because, well, it’s literally a cane, but it’s hard to argue that the staff is neglected when there are weapons that haven’t gotten any holiday love.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

As far as “craftable”, I might recommend saving all your gold until the 20th to see if they don’t give additional ways to acquire them (like the The Crossing and Arachnophobia)

The prices for The Crossing and Arachnophobia were both in the 20-gold range right after the Halloween event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

First off, people fail to note: More does not equal better.

You can have 284947194 skins, and if 99% of them have no particle effect/glow along with a good design, then 99% of the 284947194 fail to meet the standard by which a lot of people hold skins as good.

We’re not merely asking for “more,” we’re merely asking for better looking skins.

I’d love a ghostly purple staff skin like these have:
Vision of the Mists (greatsword)
Reaver of the Mists (axe)
Wall of the Mists (shield)
Ilya (pistol)
Abyssal Scepter (scepter)
Spirit Links (focus)
The Anomaly (focus)
Whisperblade (sword)

Or a staff that has fire like Volcanus.

Instead, we are left with ugly staffs like Modniir if we want a glow. Or less glowing staffs that tend to be an after thought like the krytan staffs.

Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.
– Marquis de Sade

(edited by Kymaera Stormweaver.1069)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dicemeister.9340

Dicemeister.9340

The Asuran purple staff is pretty nice, I use it on my ele. Not sure if it’s T2 or T3 though.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Would be nice with some frosty staff, like one leaving trails of snowflakes. Could have the recepie require glacial lonestones since I got tons :q

We already got corrupted branch with blue glow though. Anyone got the coldsnap scepter? It seem to have the same textures of the icebrood crystals by the looks of it when previewed.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Would be nice to have preview on the trading post, but apparently that’s not a high priorty.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.